Watch: Monica’s Reality Show (1st Episode)

shares

Check out the first episode of Monica’s new BET reality show ‘Still Standing’. Having just finished watching this, I will most definitely be watching again. Thankfully absent is the the tomfoolery which seems to pervade most reality shows these days. With Ms. Monica being such an immense talent, I’m really hoping this is show catapaults her back to her deserved position – on top. Good stuff.

Watched the show already? Hit or Miss?

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (81)

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• rita ora

rita ora (60)

• Tyler

Tyler (58)

1. October 28, 2009 at 9:10 am
    CJordN says:

I loved it. I always liked Mo and she is as real as they come. Its good to see that her integrity hasn’t been diluted by the music business.

2. October 28, 2009 at 9:51 am
    gigi says:

Looks good. I just hope that Monica get love when she does drop her album, but then again people are still stuck on stupid and think that the only female singer is beyonce or the non singer riri..

Cant wait for Monica’s album to come out. Finally, a real singer with personality.. Welcome back…

3. October 28, 2009 at 9:51 am
    Adrian says:

I hate to say this, but I thought the show was kinda boring… My comment does not imply that the other trash, i mean shows, that appear on BET are better. It just is what it is…

4. October 28, 2009 at 9:53 am
    Adrian says:

The woman can SING, but does she really need a show???

5. October 28, 2009 at 11:10 am
    GeeMan says:

Watched the show and I must say I really enjoyed the love and positive message that was displayed I will be tuning into future episodes.

6. October 28, 2009 at 12:09 pm
    antertain says:

Yes i’m going to be locked on this show..
    Monica has learned alot of lessons in life and i like people who are real with what they say.
    She can inspire a lot of people to stay strong and keep pushing in life..

Love her style and honesty.

7. October 28, 2009 at 12:27 pm
    leo says:

very well put together people not just black but people need to see good role models and learn how to have a health family life. Thats miss in America. Love what you are doing Monica please keep up the good work

8. October 28, 2009 at 12:29 pm
    Roabsalom says:

It was awesome and intimate:) I will continue to watch and honestly anytime I can hear a real vocal artist do their thing is a plus for me. I respect Monica and she is really on her hustle. Big ups!

9. October 28, 2009 at 1:27 pm
    nate says:

Boring? why cause her family aint acting crazy and hollering and screaming?? I’ve never been a big Monica fan, but I respect her a lot, and think she’s a major talent.. I enjoyed this clip, it shows the drama artists go through with their labels, “Either have a hit single or no album?” I feel like labels treat their black artist like crap, they stay releasing these underground white artists, but with black artist they have to have a hit record or its a no go..

10. October 28, 2009 at 1:55 pm
    lew098 says:

I loved it, and I really love Monica. I hope everything works out for her. keep posting em’

11. October 28, 2009 at 2:45 pm
    JfromMancUK says:

Really cant wait for mo’s return. She needs to just push and promote this album. That was why the last one didnt do aswell, even though I felt it was her best work

12. October 28, 2009 at 4:24 pm
    Tasonn says:

I loved the episode. The only problem for me is that the episode wasn’t longer. lol. I liked that it wasn’t “ghetto” like the other shows which shall not be named. I’m tried of those show that give all people of color a bad name. Monica has class, and is real and a true vocal powerhouse. I will continue to watch the show and WILL BUY HER ALBUM when it comes out… This is a great look for her.!!!!!!

13. October 28, 2009 at 5:15 pm
    daznielle says:

look good to me i wont mind watching it again lol

14. October 28, 2009 at 6:38 pm
    HEALTHY BLACK QUEENS CLICK HERE says:

“Boring? why cause her family aint acting crazy and hollering and screaming?? I’ve never been a big Monica fan, but I respect her a lot, and think she’s a major talent..”

Thank you. Classy people are always ‘boring’ just because they don’t want to act like fools. There are enough shows out there like that, so feel free to switch over.

I liked Monica before seeing this, but now I’m a fan. Her voice is so soulful.

15. October 29, 2009 at 5:47 am
    Darrell H-Town says:

Monica keep up the good work

16. October 29, 2009 at 2:12 pm
    bay bay bay says:

LOVED THE SHOW! this will defenitely show Monica in a new light..and hopefully get rid of all the unnecessary things that people say about her and her well being, and relationship wit Rocko. So im tuning in every Tuesday. Im happy that she actually has a meaning and a purpose for her show…its very inspiring!

17. October 29, 2009 at 5:52 pm
    Erica says:

You have to give props where and when they are do. Me being a fan of Monicas since tha beginning can honestly say that she have grew alot voically and mentally. I must say if u are a fighter than her like myself you will come to tha conclusion that when u put god first everything and everybody else fall in place. keep strivin lady for u and ur children REAL RECONIZE REAL!!!!!!!!!

18. October 29, 2009 at 9:44 pm
    denise says:

@ GIGI:: you are so RIGHT

and beyonce can kick rocks, because monica unlike beyonce, CAN REALLY SING…and the thing that i like monica is that she so real with hers….she doesnt have to put on a front just to get her music sold

that is why the only 2 favorite females in the industry of mine are ALICIA KEYS & MONICA because those two seem so real and down to earth and they are NOT fake

but i do like rihanna too now…lol

19. October 31, 2009 at 9:27 pm
    Patrice says:

What is so touching for me is that I went through the exact same thing as Monica. I see her and I feel so inspired to keep going.

I spent 3 years of my life grieving, in denial and depressed. My friends never stuck by my side and everyone thought that I was crazy….literally!!!

I did it like Monica. I turned to my faith in God. I didn’t seek help, although I am NOT in any way shape or form saying one shouldn’t seek professional help; but I see her strength in me and I see mine in her.

God is so good and I am so happy that He is my Healer. I am crying now, but I thank God for this show. There is a reason she is on TV. We will all have something positive to learn and hold onto for life.

20. November 6, 2009 at 7:39 am
    jazzi says:

that song infinity.. so baaah naaaa naaaahhss. -please hurry with that song its beautiful… love it all