Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

New Song: Mariah Carey – ‘Angels Cry (ft. Ne-Yo)’

mariahcarey new New Song: Mariah Carey   Angels Cry (ft. Ne Yo)

The lead single from Mariah Carey’s highly anticipated ‘Angels Advocate’ remix LP has finally surfaced. The ‘Angels Cry (Remix)’, which was supposed to have impacted radio on January 4th, features R&B crooner Ne-Yo. ‘Angels Advocate’ hits stores on February 23rd.

Although the track features identical productions to the original, Ne-Yo weaved his vocals and lyrics expertly into the arrangement and actually enhanced the already brilliant song. However, I would be lying if I said that I was not expecting them to recompose the entire track. As two of the industry’s premier songwriters, they had the opportunity to create some epic material. Either way, having had the experience of working with each other on this song, it would be interesting to hear what they might come up with in future ventures. Good stuff.

Hit or Miss?

• January 6, 2010 at 3:44 pm
    Candy says:

I think its a hit. I really like the addition of Neyo to this song. Winner Winner. They are also redoing vocals for the Jumpsmokers Remix so this is gonna be great.

• January 6, 2010 at 3:48 pm
    Baleia says:

Jesus! This song is horrible!!! Only lambs will buy this!

• January 6, 2010 at 3:50 pm
    BlackNLatin says:

Yall mad becuz Mimi bak in the game taking her crown!?!?!? GET OVER IT!! Mrs Cannon here to fuckin stay!!!!!

• January 6, 2010 at 3:51 pm
    Hector says:

Love it!

• January 6, 2010 at 4:07 pm
    Saskia says:

you tell them black and latin gurl!! preaching it large and hard :) RESPECT xoxo

• January 6, 2010 at 4:13 pm
    GeeMan says:

I’m like the addition of Shaffer to the track his lyrics and voice compliment the track. I also liked the original so far off to a great start .

• January 6, 2010 at 4:15 pm
    Aaron says:

#1 hit !!!!!

• January 6, 2010 at 4:24 pm
    number1k9 says:

You are write(pun)! They are both writers and should have recomposed a hot duet together. I liked “Angels Cry,” from ‘Memoirs’ thought it was the best song from the album. One of the few good songs!

I still prefer the original version.

@number1k9

• January 6, 2010 at 4:32 pm
    erok says:

i love it!!

• January 6, 2010 at 4:36 pm
    FUSION says:

Prefer the original if i’m honest -but its still a decent cut.

• January 6, 2010 at 4:36 pm
    DON'T LIE!!! says:

LMFAO U stupid f****** stan

No one is anticipating this album. sales will show that. thats coming from a mariah fan but her stans are stupid as all f*** and total queens.

• January 6, 2010 at 4:55 pm
    XTACIILAMB says:

OK FIRST OF ALL SHE NEVER LOST HER CROWN HAHA CHEK THE CHARTS WHICH FEMALE HAS MOST NUM1 HITS OH YEA IT MARIAH CAREY!!!
    SECOND LAMBS GO HARD SO F**K U IF YOU DONT LIKE MARIAH! CUZ TO A LOT OF PEOPLE SHE IS SOMEONE TO LOOK UP 2 A GOOD ROLE MODEL
    AND THIRD MIMI IS THE BEST F**K THE REST

• January 6, 2010 at 5:06 pm
    tammy says:

hmm it’s ok but i don’t see this burning up the charts- sounds like a one sweet day rethread.

• January 6, 2010 at 5:37 pm
    Sammy says:

Sorry b**** but Cassie has taken your crown. This will flop….while Skydiver, link below, will slay world wide.

Move over b****, there a new Queen and voice of RnB Soul.

Check ‘Electro Love’ out this year. Gonna go platinum…unlike ‘Memoris Of A Flop’

• January 6, 2010 at 6:10 pm
    Matthew Self says:

I love the Memoirs album, and Angels Cry is my favorite track on the CD. Ne-yo who I also like ruined the song for me. Mariah’s vocals were pure, and the delivery was emotionally charged. It gives me chills. This new version just makes me wish I was listening the first version. I’m still going to support Mimi cause she is a REAL talent, but this song in particular gets a capitol “F”!

• January 6, 2010 at 6:25 pm
    G.U.S says:

i think it’s a new song that “thank god I found you (make it last remix)”…. but it’s good. It’s #1 hit yes or… yes!!!!!

• January 6, 2010 at 6:40 pm
    Yamaha says:

she’s has been …

• January 6, 2010 at 6:58 pm
    candy bling says:

How is Mariah a has been? stop talking crap

• January 6, 2010 at 7:03 pm
    s*** says:

Lame, LMAO @ Neyo shittin on her on her own dame song- thats gotta hurt. Time to go back to the drawing board Mimi, Jump off the train of Mediocrity & jump on the train of superiority with the Queen Bey.

Seriously Mimi has a lot of maturing to do both in & outside the Studio, Seriously Mariah your pushing 40 & this is the best you can come out with?? I dont know which album was worst last years Memoirs or Graffiti… FLOP

• January 6, 2010 at 7:03 pm
    BeydaBess says:

Lame, LMAO @ Neyo shittin on her on her own dame song- thats gotta hurt. Time to go back to the drawing board Mimi, Jump off the train of Mediocrity & Hop on the train of superiority with the Queen Bey.

• January 6, 2010 at 7:06 pm
    s*** says:

• January 6, 2010 at 7:16 pm
    candy bling says:

^ you are dumb.

• January 6, 2010 at 7:20 pm
    ... says:

LMAO @ Sammy.
    Yeah, boo, Cassie is shittin’ on all these hoes.
    That’s why “Electro Love” was a huge multiplatinum success…oh wait.

“However, I would be lying if I said that I was not expecting them to recompose the entire track. ”

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t agree. It’s a beautiful song. I don’t see it being a hit, though. What I love about MC is her remixes were always so creative and well thought out; they were original and didn’t just slap somebody on the track. I’m ready for the album, but I hope most of ‘em are re-written. Stuff like this seems lazy.

• January 6, 2010 at 7:28 pm
    Sammy says:

@…

When Electro Love does drop it will be a multi-platinum success…unlike Flopiah

Cassie will be shittin on all these other RnB cunts. Mark my words b****.

• January 6, 2010 at 7:37 pm
    MT says:

I’m so indifferent to this remix. I love the original, and still play it daily in my car… but I feel like Ne-Yo just couldn’t keep up with Mariah in this song. Especially at the belting at the end… he was an annoying whisper underlying her voice.

Ehhhh

• January 6, 2010 at 8:13 pm
    Greg says:

ok i was thinkin about sumthin will the reprises and interludes be remixed or will they be excluded from the album

• January 6, 2010 at 9:20 pm
    TRUTH says:

Garbage! It’s all that whispering s*** going on – again!! Mariah is an alcoholic. She was a total train at the Palm Springs film fest AND People Choice Awards tonite. Wow, she was drunk and had to be helped onstage by her boy toy Mr Nick Carey. She was fat and overflowing in that gown. Shame!! Eminem was right about her being an alcoholic.

• January 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm
    FiercerMC says:

It’s a good song to begin with
    now, it’s spells brilliance

• January 7, 2010 at 2:13 am
    SOOS says:

Love it! :))

The original is better, but they did good stuff on this. :))

• January 7, 2010 at 5:49 am
    Fat, drunk, and ugly says:

That b**** is busted and drunk, s\it down fatass Flopiah!

• January 7, 2010 at 5:55 am
    Fat, drunk, and ugly says:

That b**** is busted and drunk, sit down fatass Flopiah!

• January 8, 2010 at 8:24 am
    TATA says:

I LOVE this song! Mariah Carey has won best female R&B artist in the People’s Choice awards for YEARS in a row now!..Of course she will have haters and people that don’t like her but that is each individuals right! I personally love her work and think adding Ne-Yo was a bonus! They are both AWESOME artist! Angel’s Cry was one of my favorite tracks of the Memoirs CD so this just adds to another great track!

• February 10, 2010 at 9:43 am
    Take a rest, Fatso says:

Desperation of Mimi 2

(enough of disocunted rapper..your prime is a done deal) :(

• February 10, 2010 at 9:45 am
    Flop Forever says:

The Queen of Payola….. has no airplay anymore. S-A-D

• March 30, 2010 at 2:43 am
    CEBO MBAMBO says:

angel cry real touched me so much and finally there’s a song i can relate to, thank you mariah and neyo. I wonder what inspire y’all to write this song ?

• April 16, 2010 at 5:37 pm
    emma says:

I love this song sooooooooooooo much and to people who say they like the really version well you are wrong cause this song is much better and pliz don’t talk cause you didn’t write this and you also didn’t sing this song so don’t talk cause like this song and to those people who are saying the F word pliz stop saying it cause sound bad.

• May 5, 2010 at 2:54 am
    ann says:

lovin’ it!!!

• May 5, 2010 at 3:02 am
    ann says:

i cant stop listenin’ to this song.. hella nice!!! i love you mike onio….

• May 13, 2010 at 2:55 am
    KELEBOHILE HLOYA says:

I REALLY THINK THAT THIS TRACK IS A HIT….

• July 11, 2010 at 7:21 am
    colleen says:

this song is sooooooooooo terrific! ill finding myself dancing while i heard this song in radio