To Our Readers

Sade Performs On ‘The Today Show’

UK band Sade performed their hit song ‘Soldier of Love‘ on ‘The Today Show’ today. The song has thus far peaked at #6 on the Hip-Hop/R&B chart and #58 on the Billboard Hot 100. Their ‘Soldier of Love’ LP hit stores in the US today.

Lead singer Sade Adu has the kind of subtle passion that continues to give audiences chills after all these years. It’s amazing to witness this band’s impact on the charts given the fact that this week marks their first official period of mainstream promotional efforts. I am eager to see the numbers that the album manages to accumulate. Check out their performance on BET’s ‘106 & Park’ below:

Thoughts?

1. |
    February 9, 2010 at 6:03 pm
    Dave says:

I love it, she rocked. A musical genius & her vocal arrangements/melodies matter!

2. |
    February 9, 2010 at 6:23 pm
    ... says:

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    i will be purchasing this album promptly.

sade is a genius.
    this is some grown folks music.

3. |
    February 9, 2010 at 6:35 pm
    GeeMan says:

Sade is such a masterclass.

4. |
    February 9, 2010 at 7:36 pm
    nate says:

This song has grown on me so much!! i just love her, it could be another 10 yrs before another album comes so i will be seeing them when they tour!!

5. |
    February 9, 2010 at 7:41 pm
    Aunt Jackie says:

I’m such a Sade STAN!! (Kidding)

Sade is such a beautiful and talented singer. I’m getting that album and going to see them perform as well! Great band. No gimmick required, just great music!

Anyone check out how she’s barely aged?!

6. |
    February 9, 2010 at 8:07 pm
    K4kenzo says:

this is music !!!! hell yeah

7. |
    February 9, 2010 at 8:09 pm
    cutiegurl says:

REAL MUSIC
    SHE IS AWESOMW

8. |
    February 9, 2010 at 8:29 pm
    ANONYMOUS says:

cant say this album gonna sell a lot. there’s nothing new here. same stuff she always does. a creative beat with SOL but rest of the album is a soul/jazz sleeper. not exactly the best live performer either. yea, u can tell her age. she does look 50’s.

9. |
    February 9, 2010 at 9:13 pm
    Ben says:

I’m glad she is back, but she is a bit rusty on stage, just a bit. But I am sure after a few shows, that will be cleared.

10. |
    February 9, 2010 at 9:31 pm
    cicie says:

Let us enjoy our Sade. She is aging beautifully, she never was a bouncer, dancer or prancer.
    Her trademark is “The Queen of Cool.” We are happy she is back, we will buy her CD’s, we will pay to go to her concerts and we her fans,are delighted that we have her back.

Now we can get a reprieve from the so called bootylicious one, btw SNOOP DOGG coined that term on the show” A Different World ” back in the 80’s. No blonde wigs, no behind in our faces, no sitting on chairs with legs wide open.. wow she has sold 50 million records.? Amazing.

Let a whole new generation of young women, realize that all that tantalizing behaviour belongs in a bedroom with your significant other, at a gentlemen’s club, strip club and Mabel’s Whorehouse in Nevada…the rest of us appreciate the talent , style and true humility of Ms. Sade.

Let’s take her record to number #1 Shall we? It came in at #7 on R& B charts and 58 in Billboard..Ciao.

11. |
    February 9, 2010 at 9:47 pm
    Jamie says:

SADE…LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!! WILL BE BUYIN’ THE CD 2MAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. |
    February 9, 2010 at 10:22 pm
    kc36 says:

I love Sade. Have all of her albums. I have grown up with her music and I can’t wait to see her if she tours with this album. Welcome back Sade!

13. |
    February 9, 2010 at 10:34 pm
    Roxanne says:

ITA Cicie!
    You read my mind. I am so sick of seeing celebrities with their b****** and asses hanging out and then we wonder why young girls are doing the same thing. You hit the nail on the head when you compared them to whores and strippers. I have been wondering if I was the only one who thought there was something wrong with this. The morals of this society are steadily going down! Thank goodness we still have artists like Sade who have not forgotten what it means to be a lady!!!

LOVE YOU SADE!!!!!!!!! YOU’RE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. |
    February 9, 2010 at 11:59 pm
    Mr.727 says:

For all you haters talking about she doing the same thing, ti calls being true to yourself, and making music for “ALL PEOPLE TO ENJOY, NOT THE YOUNG ASS HOODRATS, OR THE CROWD THAT BARELY HAS ANY INTELLECT TO UNDERSTAND WHAT REAL ARTISTRY IS!
    This a real blessing to see a woman make good music, and to feel it! s*** I’ll take that over some w**** shaking her ass, selling her soul to make another dollar!!! I ‘m getting this CD, and telling all my peeps to get it! f*** all you brainless club banggin ass freak! This is how a “REAL” woman carries herself, grace, elegance, class , finesse !!!!

I’m going to say this without saying names, people would like “Curtain” artist if the lrean to go a away for a while live a “REAL” and make something worth my dollar, cuz I refuse to support corporate slaves and whores!!!

15. |
    February 10, 2010 at 12:42 am
    KD says:

lol at MR.727 talking about class as if he/she knows what it is. If you knew the meaning of class you would not need to use explicit language to get your point across.

16. |
    February 10, 2010 at 2:31 am
    Mr.727 says:

Whatever Kd, I’m not writing a thesis for a college paper, this a blog, I can convey my message anyway I choose! Because a person uses explicit language , doesn’t make them unclassified!

I can say whatever the hell I want!!

17. |
    February 10, 2010 at 9:10 am
    Qtis says:

It’s funny people pop a lot of sh– but let’s see how many of yall are gonna purchase her CD. Even at 50ish you still gotta bring the heat. Smokey, Lionel Richie and soooo many others still look and sound good but many dont support their cds. Sade has a s***, provocative sound so she has to bring the look with it. You can’t look like a PTA mom with the kind of sound she has.

18. |
    February 10, 2010 at 10:52 am
    citizen x says:

sade is 1 of the greatest vocalist of all time………. her music is enduring & your great grand children be able to listen to every song 100 years from now. the message will still be relavent. love never dies……….. i am a hip hop artist & i love all women. however, theres somthing extra special about a woman who doesnt have to sell her ass to sell a record. sade is a very unique gift god gave us. appreciate her while u can. i have not purchased a c.d. from a record store since her last album………….. but i will be coppin this. sades makes baby makin music. not baby daddy music!

19. |
    February 10, 2010 at 3:20 pm
    Mr.Ray says:

Look at Miss Sade holding down wit the youngsters, she did her thing even if the 106 audience didnt quite get her …yet.

20. |
    February 10, 2010 at 7:50 pm
    robbie says:

all i want to know is she off the drugs???????? yeah as quiet as it is kept the drugs made her take her hiatus!!!! sade is a major junkie!!!!!!!!!! i am talking heroin and other major narcotics!! that is why she went overseas. easier to hide it over there!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. |
    February 11, 2010 at 7:10 pm
    Dave says:

Oh, I have been waiting for Sade to come back such a long time!!! She now got more soulful voice and I definitely love it. I also watched the following clip right after Sade’s performance, song called ‘Take Me Away’ by Gemma Genazzano. She’s got very attractive voice color and is absolutely a sort of the music I have been looking forward to! Check out her debut CD, Si Me Quieres/If You Love Me. Good luck for both Sade and Gemma!!!

22. |
    February 13, 2010 at 10:44 am
    True Sade Fam says:

Sade is not a junkie @ ROBBIE. The only two albums she released within close proximity of each other are Promise and Stronger than Pride. After that Love Delux around ’92 and Lover’s Rock in 02. Now 10 years later, she has released another. This is how she does. She is a true artist that is smart enough to only put out something worthwile and knows that oversaturating the market is a fast ticket to obsolescence. Look at Lil John, J-Lo and so many others that were the hotest thing out, had appearances on everyone’s record or a new album out every1-2 years and now nobody cares. True art cannot be expressed just because you have a contract. It takes time. Welcome back SADE. Your fans love you and are glad to see you back. Can’t wait for the tour. I am so there!!!!