Lady GaGa Confirms New Single

shares

Pop phenomenon Lady GaGa is set to release ‘Alejandro’ as the follow-up to current smash ‘Telephone’ it has been confirmed. The RedOne produced cut will go for adds on radio in the coming month. {Source}

With the ‘The Fame Monster’ standing as one of those album’s where almost every song could be a single, it was almost a given that whatever she’d release next would be a smash-in-waiting – which ‘Alejandro’ is. Personally, I’d lean more towards the record’s next  best killer cut ‘Monster’, yet it’s understandable as to why they opted for a more mid-tempo affair with their pick. What’s more, the Spanish-flavoured ‘Alejandro’ lends itself to a more diverse video treatment than we’ve been used to from the 23 year old star.

For those who’ve yet to hear the song, check it out below:

Your thoughts on the single choice?

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (154)

• Tyler

Tyler (140)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (139)

• Mark111

Mark111 (81)

1. March 4, 2010 at 4:34 am
    deejaybaps says:

can we just get the telephone video first!

2. March 4, 2010 at 5:20 am
    kekeluvsu says:

UGH. I wish she would make “So Happy I Could Die” a single instead. Whatever :roll: I guess I’ll have to wait for that. I pretty sure after “Alejandro” it will be “Monster” or “Teeth” UGH.

3. March 4, 2010 at 5:31 am
    Stoney-Brie says:

Teeth is the worst song in the album, the rest are HITS!!

4. March 4, 2010 at 5:41 am
    ADE says:

yes Alejandro is my favourite song off the album so im happy about that, i thought it would have been Monster though

5. March 4, 2010 at 6:15 am
    GaGa Is The Messi says:

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Gaga is just GRrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaat this is my joint! Ilove Alejandro…. this is just my fav sonG on the album

6. March 4, 2010 at 7:24 am
    DizzyGuy1985 says:

I could just scream! That is my favorite track. I love it!!!!

7. March 4, 2010 at 8:10 am
    Ghetto Fab says:

That’s one of the first songs i fell in love with off the cd. It’s really radio friendly. I can see another MONSTER Video taking place in some Latin Country. I swear Gaga’s music just makes your mind soar! This chick is going to own 2010 like she did 2009

8. March 4, 2010 at 8:14 am
    stan says:

first, she needs to PROMOTE telephone first. that song hasn’t even peaked yet.

while i like “alejandro”, i want “speechless” to be a single. she’s been performing this song a lot too, so i’m a little surprised it’s not the next single.

9. March 4, 2010 at 8:54 am
    Ben says:

“Alejandro is cool, I was hoping for either “Alejandro” or “So Happy I Could Die.”

10. March 4, 2010 at 9:15 am
    Aunt Jackie says:

That chick has single after single after single. And they aren’t wack. Amazing…..

11. March 4, 2010 at 10:54 am
    matt says:

i fall more and more in love with her everyday. she is amazing. going to see her live tomorrow, CANNT F*KIN WAIT !!

12. March 4, 2010 at 11:58 am
    florida_girl says:

This chick is going strong indeed….can’t wait

13. March 4, 2010 at 12:08 pm
    Dan says:

I thought “Speechless” was her next single??? Alejandro will BOMB for sure, it’s not a mainstream song. I don’t see the public liking it like they’ve enjoyed her other singles.

14. March 4, 2010 at 1:11 pm
    Nick says:

“Alejandro” is a great choice for the next single. It’s been 15 years since we last heard the Ace of Base sound on radio, and it’s immediately addictive. The latin twist will diversify the audience a bit, too. As for “Speechless”- it’s a great song- one of my favorites on the album- but she’s already performed this song in the majority of her promotional appearances for the album (including the grammys) and the song never gained traction in digital sales. (like, say “Glitter in the Air” by Pink) If the public were ready for the song, the public would have already made the song a hit. Also- I’m puzzled as to why “telephone” hasn’t caught on at digital sales. It’s already the 6th most played song in the country, and has yet to hit the top 10 at iTunes.

15. March 4, 2010 at 2:18 pm
    monique says:

i loove alejandro….idr like telephone…sound similar 2 akeys/bey put in a love song which idl neither

16. March 4, 2010 at 4:42 pm
    Darren says:

BOOOOOO alejandro is the absolute worst songe shes ever done and the only one i dont like at all. why the f*** couldnt it be dance in the dark??

17. March 5, 2010 at 5:32 am
    Music Lover says:

She should have released “Speechless” or “Monster” instead.

18. March 5, 2010 at 8:20 am
    sasha says:

I don´t like “Telephone” I don´t know why…….. but I preffer Monster, Dance in the Dark and Alejandro( because she will be like magic in Latin-america/ spain countries in her video ) like madonna in la isla bonita. I can´t wait for that video ( ale ale ale jandroooo!

19. March 5, 2010 at 8:56 am
    Julian says:

It’s sad that it’s taken so long to get the Telephone video out because “Alejandro” is going to take from the sales of that. People have been waiting for the video for a long time, and honestly I think the song is losing relevancy (despite the fact that I love it). I wonder how long it will take for the Alejandro video to be released….

20. March 5, 2010 at 10:01 am
    lost0nez says:

that’s my fav song on the album so im happy

21. March 6, 2010 at 4:40 pm
    giovanni says:

alejandro is one of my lady gaga’s songs… i think is it is one of the 3 best song in the monster :D im just so excited about it let’s make the song no.1 hit on billboard and occ :D i imagine gaga in a hot beatch in mexico with a lot of donkeys and corona beers :D

22. March 7, 2010 at 3:39 am
    OddOne says:

Right, well all you haters are i for a surprise because Alejandro is the highest charting unreleased single from ‘The Fame Monster’ already (bar ‘Telephone’ obv). So it does make sense as to why its being released.

It’s a brilliant Ace-of-Base-esque song and whilst it probably doesn’t have the instant number 1 factor of ‘Bad Romance’ or ‘Telephone’, I’m confident the video will help it on it’s way to the top 5 for sure.

The next single should be ‘Speechless’ or ‘Dance In The Dark’, she’s already shot artwork for these songs as well as artwork for ‘Monster’, so they are defintely singles, but their release succession is unknown as of yet.

23. March 7, 2010 at 7:48 am
    alejandro says:

YAY! I love that song!

I hope the singles in TFM are:
    1.Bad Romance
    2. Telephone
    3.Alejandro
    4. Dance in The Dark
    5. Monster
    6. Speechless

24. March 7, 2010 at 4:32 pm
    Andrew says:

I think Monster should be the next single. Or Dance in the Dark. Those are the songs that are bound to be hits. There are big club thumpers and dance hits. Alejandro is just “catchy”, and also, it’s not much of song where everybody would rush to the dance floor. But I still like it.

25. March 7, 2010 at 4:33 pm
    Andrew says:

Dance in the Dark or Monster should be the next single. Those can both be huge hits. Alejandro is just “catchy”, but it’s not one of those songs where everybody rushes to the dance floor.

26. March 7, 2010 at 4:36 pm
    Andrew says:

I automatically know all of the singles from The Fame Monster. She said she would release four, and Speechless was confirmed as a future single, so there you go. Here’s the list of TFM (The Fame Monster) singles:

1. Bad Romance
    2. Telephone
    3. Alejandro
    4. Speechless

27. March 8, 2010 at 4:18 pm
    Kate says:

Damn I wanted dance in the dark as the next video :( I only like monster,telephone,bad romance and dance in the dark off the fame monster. Awhwell I’ll grow onto it soon enough :L hopefully the video won’t take 3months to make his tine :L

28. March 8, 2010 at 6:03 pm
    Amy says:

Monster is the best one i think:D i love teeth also, infact i love them all! But i think she needs to make a music video for monster!!

29. March 12, 2010 at 6:35 pm
    GagaLilMoNster says:

We all hoPed iit wouLd be moNster but after seeiN telephoNe alejaNdro does go wiit iit… I love all her soNgz n they aLl are gaNa b hiitz… If yu tru gaga faNz who cares waNtz next they all gaNa b hiitz newyz…..

So alejandro then moNster for a fact….

Gaga yu gaNa out beat 2010 lik 09 no doubt

30. March 13, 2010 at 7:20 am
    OddOne says:

@ ANDREW

Do you have hard proof of Lady Gaga only releasing four UK singles from the album where pretty much every track could be a top 10 single?

Since the release of ‘The Fame’, America received five singles:

1) Just Dance
    2) Poker Face
    3) Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
    4) LoveGame
    5) Paparazzi

The UK received just four:

1) Just Dance
    2) Poker Face (chosen in favour of ‘Beautiful, Dirty, Rich’)
    3) Paparzzi
    4) LoveGame (released after Paparazzi because the video needed re-editing for explicit content)

But now, she’s realised her UK fans appreciate her more, the proof? She has more number one singles over here than in America (technically 4 for the UK, but in America she only has 2).

She’s even COMPLETEY re-done her Monster Ball Tour for the UK leg – she cares for the UK fans more now, so it only makes sense that she’ll release more, if not, the same amount of UK singles as US singles, no US only singles.

Everyone and their grandfather knows that ‘Speechless’ will be a single, so yes thats four confirmed, but not even Interscope can ignore the instant SINGLE-NESS of ‘Dance In The Dark’ and ‘Monster’.

So, I think the single succession will be:

1) Bad Romance
    2) Telephone
    3) Alejandro
    4) Speechless
    5) Dance In The Dark/Monster
    (and if she is allowed a sixth) – 6) Dance In The Dark/Monster (obv the one that has not already been released)

I feel ‘Dance In The Dark’ and ‘Monster’ are pretty much neck-and-neck for single release, and I’m not too fussed which is released first, as long as they are both released. But if push comes to shove, I’d rather hear ‘Dance In The Dark’ on the radio.

Sorry about the essay. But oh well.

31. March 15, 2010 at 11:50 am
    Trace says:

@OddOne Actually, Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) was not released as a single in the U.S. Just saying.

32. March 15, 2010 at 11:52 am
    Trace says:

Actually, looking at the release stuff, it was released in the UK and NOT the US. So the UK got more singles.

33. March 15, 2010 at 11:34 pm
    patricktullius says:

TELEPHONE REACHED NUMBER 1 TODAY ON AIRPLAY CHARTS!!!!!!

ON TO ALEJANDRO!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

34. March 17, 2010 at 3:52 pm
    J053!! says:

Lady Gaga u r my #1 pop star!!!! i think alejandro is beautiful song!! a video for that song would be perfect!!

35. March 19, 2010 at 7:13 am
    anonymous says:

I really hope she releases so happy i could die as a single and makes a music video to it cause i guarentee it would be the best video ever!!!!!! :D so happy i could die is my fav song from the album i love all of the songs but that is my fav

36. March 22, 2010 at 11:50 am
    Bruno says:

I love that
    Of The Fame Monster, i just dont like Teeth
    But : So happy I could die, Dance in the dark, Speechless, Alejandro and Monster
    I just love it

37. March 28, 2010 at 12:44 pm
    dl08 says:

Even though i do like alejandro, i wish her next single would be DANCE IN THE DARK… that song is great…. all of lady gaga’s songs r great… does anybody know what TEETH is about???

38. March 28, 2010 at 3:27 pm
    Melissa Mae says:

My favorite song off the Fame Monster is Dance in the Dark. I hope it becomes a single! I love Alejandro! I LOVE LADY GAGA!!

39. March 29, 2010 at 8:24 am
    Jesse says:

I like alejandro

Although Id prefer it if it was Monster

But thats ok theres a good chance Monster will be the next single after Alejandro

40. April 4, 2010 at 9:14 pm
    Wlol12 says:

@dl08 the song teeth is about a female (being gaga) asking a male for oral s**

41. May 16, 2010 at 5:53 am
    wombat says:

I like Alejandro but i wish she released “Disco Heaven” instead. The song has variety.

42. May 28, 2010 at 12:25 pm
    Dale Roiter says:

I think “So Happy I Could Die” should be a hit along with “Monster” and “Dance in the Dark.”

43. August 28, 2010 at 12:09 pm
    Rashida James says:

WHAT IS YOUR NEXT SONG I CAN’T HEAR IT? :|

44. August 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm
    Rashida James says:

WHATS THE NEXT SONG I NEED TO KNOW!!

45. August 28, 2010 at 12:11 pm
    Rashida James says:

SO HAPPY I CAN DIE SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT SONG!!!

46. September 14, 2010 at 11:55 pm
    slimcindy says:

i want her to release dance in the dark. everything about that song is just amazing!!!

47. Vote

[…] Wagon.’” We’d love if QT directed one of Gaga’s music videos—how about “Alejandro,” her next single off The Fame Monster? (Or he should give her a killer cameo as a bad-ass Nazi in […]