ChrisBrown_X_DeluxeEdition_outnow_728x90

Mo’Nique: “My Husband Is Allowed To Sleep With Other Women”

monique MoNique: My Husband Is Allowed To Sleep With Other Women

Oscar favourite, Mo’Nique, has lifted the lid on her ‘unique’ marriage to childhood sweetheart, Sidney Hicks. In a recent interview with Barbara Walters,  the 42 year old revealed that she has no problem with her husband sleeping with other women – although she doesn’t sleep with other men.

The comedienne turned actress/talk-show host has spoken on the controversial matter in the past, yet for the first time – during her interview on Walters’ Oscar Special – she opened up about the more intricate details of her marriage.

Check out more shocking quotes from the interview after the jump, (courtesy of The YBF)…

“Let me say this: I have not had sex outside my marriage with Sidney,” the Academy Award nominee says in this year’s 29th – and final – Barbara Walters Oscar special.

“Could Sid have sex outside of his marriage with me? Yes. That’s not a deal-breaker. That’s not something that would make us say, ‘Pack your things and let’s end the marriage.’”

And what if the “Precious” star discovered that Hicks had, well, stepped out more than once? No sweat.

“What if it’s 20 times?” asks the openminded actress. “So what? We’ve been best friends for over 25 years, and we truly know who we are. Oftentimes, people get into marriages and they don’t know who they’re laying next to. I’m very comfortable and secure with my husband.”

Oh….ok.

But how does she keep her man from straying?

“He loves the hairy legs,” Mo says, “and if Sid likes the hairy legs, there you go.”

She even explains to Walters why she chooses to go au naturel: “I tried shaving one time, and it was so uncomfortable and painful. I said never again would I do that to myself.” Besides, says Mo’Nique, “I’m 42 and I’m very hairy.”

As much as I admire Mo’Nique and her success to date, I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t a hot spicy mess! Honestly, her comments cast doubt on the apparent ‘pearls of wisdom’ she dishes out on her show. That said, if that’s what makes her marriage work then…each to their own.

• March 4, 2010 at 6:13 am
    OJ says:

Very interesting. Maybe she’s being completely honest with everyone. She’s completely secure with him and even if she told him to sleep with every s*** in the state , she knows for a FACT he wouldn’t.

However, someone who doesn’t really understand monique would say she’s insecure and that she’ll do anything to have a man.

LRSRSCLSCTS Replied:

What about STDs? I am concerned that she is going to end up contracting something.

• March 4, 2010 at 6:16 am
    BEYDABESS says:

PHAIL!!!!!
    <—————————————————-

• March 4, 2010 at 6:34 am
    Qc says:

She is such a hypocrite for this. She’s always passing out her perspective and advise on peoples personal lives wen hers is every bit of crazy. Chile I’m over her *cuts on wendy*

• March 4, 2010 at 6:38 am
    musicology says:

see this is TRUE LOVE , but people dont get this cuz its not what weve been taught.
    TRUE LOVE is FREE and UNDERTANDING…ut its also understandable dat this is beyond the understanding of most people.

but Friendship is so much stronger than s** and as DIEGO RIVERA once told his famous wife FRIDA KAHLO ( mexiacan painter ) : BUT FRIDA, I PUT MORE AFFECTION INTO A HANDSHAKE THAN INTO A f*** !

• March 4, 2010 at 6:51 am
    ADE says:

good for her

• March 4, 2010 at 7:10 am
    Sam says:

Of course it is not true love.Monique wanted to get married and options were thin on the ground.The husband has been her best friend for a long time and agreed.It is an open marriage because it is not based on true love and respect Monique settled.Of course they rarely sleep togeather if at all she is very poorly groomed.It is very sad and unacceptable our grandparents did not carry on like this and we black people need to have higher standards.

• March 4, 2010 at 7:13 am
    Porsche says:

I be damned if I wasn’t f****** around too! This is not how marriage is suppose to be. They should have just been gf/bf, not husband/wife. Monique shave your damn legs that s*** dont hurt you just did it wrong. lol

• March 4, 2010 at 7:28 am
    DizzyGuy1985 says:

She said this before in another interview. Its her life. People do have open relationships. Doesn’t she have kids though? What kind of kids wants to hear that about their parents? But I’m not going to judge I hope they are both happy and live great lives. Its America do what you want to do.

• March 4, 2010 at 7:51 am
    Pucci says:

I don’t understand you ppl. QC, i don’t understand how you can say Mo’Nique is a hypocrite, first off if she does offer her opinion on someone else’s personally life is because the person opens up that book for her to do. And if they dont like what their mate did, then Mo’Nique understands that.

@ Sam, how can you get on here & play the race card. First off, you’re not Mo’Nique or Hicks, so don’t try & say that Mo’Nique settled & that as a black woman she should have standards. We don’t know them personally, so why judge them as we do. If this is what works for Mo’Nique & Sidney, then all power to him & who in the hell are you to say whether or not its true love? Please!

@ BEYDABESS, you need a psychiatrist.

• March 4, 2010 at 8:15 am
    Brittany says:

I don’t know why this is making headlines everywhere. This isn’t the first time she said this so what is the big deal. They been married for four or five years so their open and honest relationship is working for them. Just because she said he can sleep with other women doesn’t mean he wants to. She’s just saying that if he ever do that’s not going to make her leave him.

• March 4, 2010 at 8:16 am
    stan says:

“open relationship” sounds alright on paper. in reality, not so much.

• March 4, 2010 at 8:25 am
    hihihihihi says:

HAIRY LEGS

NO GIRL

• March 4, 2010 at 8:31 am
    Ghetto Fab says:

Who cares thats her DAMN BUSINESS! I ain’t sleeping with either of them so it doesn’t affect me either way.

• March 4, 2010 at 10:01 am
    cool chick says:

WEIRD

• March 4, 2010 at 10:03 am
    LollyUK says:

I think Mo’nique needs to re look at what a marriage means. It should be a commitment to someone on every aspect ie. emotionally & physically. The original vows of the marriage specify this.

However this could be a mis quote or a power phase of her entire answer. Maybe she feels that if her husband cheated she would be willing to forget and reconcile the marrage. However if either of them are going out looking for extra marital relatins, then they both have issues and should call it a day.

• March 4, 2010 at 11:56 am
    florida_girl says:

ppl need to stop with this type of behavior it wouldn’t be too cool if she caught some STD she couldn’t get rid of…

• March 4, 2010 at 12:53 pm
    deejaybaps says:

WHY GET MARRIED?? just have an open relationship if its gonna be like that! DAYM!

• March 4, 2010 at 1:01 pm
    bips says:

wow i didn’t know that we had priests in here!!!!!what she eats doesn’t make u s***!!!!so chill out yall!!!!

• March 4, 2010 at 1:23 pm
    Bobby D says:

are you F***ING kidding me?

damn Mo…

go shave them legs! and open marriages confuse the s*** out of me.

• March 4, 2010 at 1:52 pm
    True_Love says:

I believe some people may have missed the point. She did not say she would allow it. She said it is not a deal breaker. She will not divorce him if he cheated. Many peoe have open relationships. As far as our grandparent some did have affairs but the marriage did not end because the bond was stronger and they thought about the family vs thinking about themselves. I do not if I would just leave my guy if he cheated(also do not try it I have very high self esteem). I know he might get a serious beat down him and his sideline Ho. It takes a lot to be vulnerable to another man. So I would have to consider certain things. 1. How much do I love him? 2. How long have we been together? 3. Do we have any investments together. 4. How would it affect my kids. I feel what Mo is saying.

• March 4, 2010 at 2:29 pm
    true says:

When you get married you also make voles to stay faithful to the person your marrying.
    I just can’t agree with her ideals on marriage because I think it’s disrespectful to your partner to sleep with someone else. It makes it hard to trust & bring allsorts of emotional problems jealously.
    I don’t see how she could stay with her man if he is sleeping with who ever let alone if she didn’t know who he was sleeping with. With the amount of transmitted diseases there are.

• March 4, 2010 at 3:03 pm
    I Am.... says:

Will Smith & Jada Pickett have an open marriage as well
    …its thier relationship & their vows
    who are we to judge ???

• March 4, 2010 at 4:43 pm
    Angie says:

I love Ms Monique, but she sounds really foolish. It’s great to be in love and married to your best friend, but to say that it’s ok for him to disrespect their marriage is truly a damn shame. What the hell is an open marriage? That defeats the purpose, why be married then if everybody is allowed to eff whoever they want. SMH.

• March 5, 2010 at 2:02 pm
    koko says:

I’ll believe this when I actual see the show.

Also Will and Jada do not have an open marriage, Jada cleared that up last year in either Essence or Ebony.

• March 5, 2010 at 5:36 pm
    L.E.W. says:

YOU NEED JESUS!!!!!!! , SELF LOVE , I DON’T BUY YOUR BULL, I LOST MUCH RESPECT FOR YOU AND S. I. D.

• March 5, 2010 at 6:15 pm
    Synthia says:

This is so terrible for a prominent black woman to say. African-American relationships already deal with more than average struggles, but now Monique has just announced to the world that it’s OK for our men to be unfaithful because we have such low standards. Just to say I have a man is enough! Monique needs counseling and like many other black women, I will no longer support her.

• March 5, 2010 at 6:32 pm
    Chris says:

Where does “Thou Shall Not Commit Adultery ” come into her marriage vows? I’ve heard her speak of being so blessed at this time in her life, well I don’t think God is raising her up to glorify Satan! What about her three sons, are these the morals and values that she teaches them? Marriage is honorable in all and the marriage bed is undefiled (Hebrews 13;4).

I’m curious how she would feel if Sid started spending that money on his s** partners (cause he don’t work, he’s a stay at home dad). I bet she start singing a different tune then. She just opened the door for all kinds of Hoochies to come after her man.

• March 8, 2010 at 9:39 am
    STEVEN JACKSON,AGE 26 PHILLY PA. says:

she look like a BIG DUMB FOOL i like she won for PRECIOUS i did not know what she say to barbara walters oscar special,but i know this much BIG FOOL i
    do know that STD is on the rise all over ESPECIALLY SADLY TO SAY BLK WOMEN and my latino women/men etc. some white i say if she is this way then she is stupid what LOW SELF ESTEEM he is NOT all that and even if he was who cares hav self respect MO’NIQUE for yourself a REAL MAN do not cheat,i look really great. a great looking guy very, just go and see my facebook lol i still do not believe in cheating LIEING to the 1 your TRULY IN LOVE WIT,so case close about how SYD mo’nique hubbie really love her sure maybe IN LOVE HELLLLL no
    peace out.

• March 15, 2010 at 12:21 pm
    KOURTNEY says:

I FEEL LIKE LIVE AND LET LIVE
    NO ONE SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THE SMITH’S AND THIER OPEN RELATIONSHIP
    JUST BECAUSE MONIQUE DOESNT PARTICIPATE LIKE JADA DOESNT MAKE HER RELATIONSHIP ANY WORSE
    WHAT PEOPLE DO IN THEY RELATIONSHIP SHOULDNT BE OF ANY CONCERN TO ANY OF U GUYS
    GROW UP GET LIVES AND YOUR OWN RELATIONSHIP AND DEAL WIT IT HOW U FEEL IS RIGHT

• April 6, 2010 at 8:25 pm
    Dee says:

I think he is a fagot and he is sleeping with something either than a woman. I think she is not the confident person she pretends to be. She tries to hard which is an indicator that it is not real.

What man wants legs with hair like men legs in America?

• May 9, 2010 at 9:17 am
    Wellnformed says:

Who cares, I’m sure he is gay just like 99.9% of Black Men in America.

• July 8, 2010 at 10:15 pm
    Woman says:

Monique you or a beautiful person i will not allow my husband to sleep around whether we or best friends or not a*** is real i work in A h** clinic it is real so if you dont my being sick the rest of your life i dont mind i will still love you read the word of God first and see what he has to say i think you just need so word find a pastor who is deeply rooted in the word and see what the holy spirit has to say love you anyway!!!!!!!

• August 4, 2010 at 3:11 am
    nikkie kelly says:

MONIQUE!!! MY BLACK SISTER.WHAT IF ITS A CLOSE FRIEND?YOUR OLDEST SON BEST FRIENDS MOTHER? MO,DO WHAT YOU DO. P.S. DON’T GET CAUGHT UP. I LOVE YOU GIRL.

• August 9, 2010 at 9:56 pm
    APRIL MONIQUE says:

TO EACH IS OWN ……….NOT FOR ME IF I WAS MARRIED IF MY HUSBAND CHEATED IT WOULD BE A DEAL BREAKER BUT BEING THAT MONIQUE IS IN THE HOLLYWOOD WAY IT FITS FOR HER HELL HE WILL PROBABLY DO IT ANYWAS,,,,,,,,THIS WAY SHE IS STRESS FREE AND DONT HAVE TO SAY OOH WHERE HE AT AND WHO HE WITH ……………..LESS STRESS;;;; TO BLESSED TO BE STRESS IS MONIQUE MOTTO……..HEY GIRL. I SAY DONT GET MARRIED YOU BECOME A SLAVE ITS LIKE YOU LOSE YOUR OWN SELF ITS LIKE WEARING THE SAME PAIR OF SHOES AND OUTFIT FOR 100 YEARS…………………………FROM THE A.T.L,,,MEN ARE GOING TO CHEAT THATS WHY THEY HAVE THERE OWN DEPT STORE ITS CALLED PET SMART DOGS NEED THERE OWN STORE………………HOLLA

• February 13, 2011 at 3:39 am
    Barbara Miller says:

monique is crazy, but to each is own not me.

• July 6, 2011 at 2:47 am
    Alicia says:

Monique just has confidence in herself and her man. She knows that a man will be a man. As long as he is not being disrespectful. Ultimately, she knows it will jus be his loss. She is a beautiful and confident woman.

• October 11, 2011 at 10:22 pm
    Crystal says:

HELLO! God created the marriage arrangement to be between 1 man & 1 woman not a whole nation of woman/or man with many others. This is America but we belong to God. He created us all & set the standards of how we are to live. No doubt in this selfish world its all about “whats best for me” “what makes me happy” when in all seriousness, we are merely dust that became in existence from God. His son Jesus left rules, princples for us to go by. Monqiue I think you are a very attractive woman & Sidney is also handsome but get it together. The bible states clearly the way a husband should treat his wife & how a wife should have deep respect among other things towards her husband.

• November 7, 2011 at 1:36 am
    Get Some Real Understanding About Life Little Children says:

Has anyone on here ever read the bible? How many different types of marriages were described in the bible? How many of God’s most powerful messengers were in monogamous marriages in the bible? How many people do you know who have not experienced some sort of infidelity in a long term relationship (5 years or more)? I think it is very sad that we favor people lying and sneaking behind each other’s backs instead of being willing to have honest and upfront relationships with the people we love. It is the love. Monique and Sydney are willing to have real open and honest dialogue with eachother about topics that plague most relationships (not just black ones). Your grandparents generation experienced infidelity. Your great…great grandparents generation experienced infidelity. They stayed together because financially they did not have the options that we do now!!!! God made people diverse…so why wouldn’t relationships be that way? I applaud Monique for having the guts to have the conversation that most of you won’t. Let’s stop the lying to one other people. Begin a different conversation!

i luv myself before any fav Replied:

I know how you can have an open relationship. be single and bang who you want with no strings attached. I think they call that in the new age friends with benefits. lol but I think she said that to say I trust my husband to make the right decision on my behalf but if he happens to stray a time or two it’s won’t be a deal braker. but that was when she was heavy. She got other fine men checking her out now might be a different tune. plus she’s a Sagittarius those secret freaks.