ChrisBrown_X_DeluxeEdition_outnow_728x90

Bow Wow Lands Role In New ‘Madea’ Movie

bow wow Bow Wow Lands Role In New Madea Movie

While Bow Wow‘s music career may be on life-support, the 23 year old’s acting ambitions are proving more fruitful. Indeed following on from his recent role in ‘Lottery Ticket’, the rapper, real name Shad Moss, has announced that he is to star in the latest instalment of Tyler Perry’s ‘Madea’ movies.

Full story after the jump…

Revealing news of his casting on Twitter, Bow Wow said:

BREAKING NEWS: I am happy to announce that i will be starring along side @tylerperry in the new movie “Madea’s Big Happy Family”

I am very excited to bring my talents on screen. Im honered to work with Mr @tylerperry and my new cast mates as well as the company. Thanks

Kudos to Bow Wow on landing the role.

• August 7, 2010 at 7:23 pm
    CIARADABESS says:

To probably one of the worst movie series of all time. Yeah whatever. He’s not that great of an actor. I’m just being honest. I rather have him rapping.

• August 7, 2010 at 7:25 pm
    malyeh says:

Bow Wow music career is not on life-support !
    He is releasing a mixtape on August 23rd and he will get in studio as soon as he finishes the filming of Madea movie.

Im very happy for him, and even more when you see him so motivated on his ustreams !

• August 7, 2010 at 7:26 pm
    Beyonce Stan says:

Bow wow acting career is climbing.. Congratulations! This is real big for a rapper

• August 7, 2010 at 7:39 pm
    JJFan1814 says:

@ciaradabess

What happened to the Ciara movie “Mama I want to sing?” Oh Ok.

Tyler Perry movies always do well at the box office and you know that, quit the hating..& if you don’t know it, research the box office gross, he always make usually double the amount to what he used to make the film.

• August 7, 2010 at 7:57 pm
    Aryo says:

@TGJ
    Dont cha wanna post anything about Nicole scherzinger’s role in rent?

• August 7, 2010 at 7:57 pm
    SEAN2010 says:

PEOPLE CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT ABOUT TYLER PERRY MOVIES.

60 MINS ALREADY CLOCKED THE TEA BY SAYING THEY MADE OVER 400 MILLION.

SO HATERS STAY MAD.

• August 7, 2010 at 7:59 pm
    Aryo says:

@CIARADABESS
    Ure sayin that b/c bow wow dumped Ciara?
    lol

• August 7, 2010 at 8:03 pm
    Brooklyn_JanetFam says:

Congratulations Shad & he spelled honored wrong.

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Sam GrapeJuice, Sam GrapeJuice, Amir Diam♦nd, Singer/ Actor, TrentGrapeJuice and others. TrentGrapeJuice said: Bow Wow Lands Role In New ‘Madea’ Movie http://bit.ly/9uQSEq [...]

• August 7, 2010 at 8:04 pm
    Aryo says:

or ciara dumped him
    LMFAOSB

• August 7, 2010 at 8:31 pm
    CIARADABESS says:

Actually Ciara dumped him because he cheated on her. But that’s not the reason I said that. I like bow wow. I just don’t like him as an actor, i prefer him as a rapper :P

• August 7, 2010 at 8:33 pm
    rated x says:

Im all for a black man on his grind and ish, like tyler perry with all his movies making millions and ish.. but another madea movie?/???????

bow wow can kiss my ass with his gay ass…

• August 7, 2010 at 8:35 pm
    futurestarDELUX says:

SHOULDA BEEN IN FLOPZILLA.

• August 7, 2010 at 8:54 pm
    Lonny says:

Congrats to Bow Wow. Tyler Perry’s movies are enjoyable although not really great to me. But that’s a huge audience especially because it’s a Madea film. Bow Wow has proven talented on screen with the underrated “Roll Bounce” . I look forward to “Lottery Ticket” too. I’m proud of the lane his career is taking. He’s stil making music and starring in films. Freakin “Lottery Ticket” posters are EVERYWHERE

• August 7, 2010 at 9:10 pm
    NAS ( B Rockah Stan 4eva) says:

Sam, don’t you dare mess with my boy ok?? I love him to bits and wouldn’t wanna wish any bad luck to him hence avoid referring his career being on a life support otherwise you gonna have me to deal with or shall I say I’ll give you life support…lol!

• August 7, 2010 at 9:32 pm
    ~TeAM WeeZY~ says:

That’s good for him. I like Bow Wow, just think he tries too hard on the “I’m a real rapper who’s been through stuff, yet I started rapping at age 13″ which can sometimes translate into LAME but whatever.

I know many people may think I’m crazy, but Bow is actually an underrated rapper, or should I say lyricist. He’s pretty solid in the lyrical department (aside from his first two albums being written by JD and Da Brat). I think he’s just as good of an actor as he is a rapper. Nothing extremely special about neither, but great at both IMO.

I actually like Madea movies. My favs are the “Why Did I get Married” movies, though.

And *DEAD* @ the Ciara stan talking about a Madea movie, when Ciara would probably give her soul to be in one right now!

• August 7, 2010 at 9:53 pm
    CIARADABESS says:

Ciara si not desperate she’s fine with what she has now and that’s what is beautiful about her. While she would ‘tn mind more success (who doesn’t) she’s fine with what she has. she doesn’t let fame get through her head so fall back haters.

• August 7, 2010 at 10:48 pm
    Quiana says:

Wow that’s a good thing he did say he wanted to be the next will smith. I think that bow wow needs more acting though if he wants to be the next will smith.

• August 7, 2010 at 11:38 pm
    kevin says:

Humm…wonder if he had to audition with this “shirt off” ala The Boondocks, lol.

• August 8, 2010 at 12:28 am
    Veebz says:

I think Bow Wow is a good rapper but people give him such a hard time!
    But someing about that movie doesn’t sit right with me, don’t know why

• August 8, 2010 at 1:24 am
    Lonny says:

Yes, I agree Bow Wow is underrated as a rapper. They like to put him in a category with Soulja Boy, but Soulja Boy has an off rhythm delivery…no real flow. His lyrics have little content . Bow Wow has lines and metaphors and he has a fast delivery at times which is common to mid west native rappers.

• August 8, 2010 at 1:40 am
    UmYa says:

Still trying to be relevant I see.

• August 8, 2010 at 1:46 am
    EXPOSED says:

CMON, NOW… LOL. TYLER PERRY AINT EXACTLY OSCAR MATERIAL. s*** AIMED AT BLACK PEEPS WHO OTHERWISE COULDNT GET INTO WHITE MADE FILMS. THE “BET” OF THE FILM WORLD.

• August 8, 2010 at 2:23 am
    s*** says:

Hes basically gonna be playing the exact same person he played in “Johnson’s family Vacation”, basically. Good for him. IDC

• August 8, 2010 at 2:30 am
    WHITEJESUS says:

that is gonna be a gaaaaaaaaaay movie set.

• August 8, 2010 at 2:33 am
    Robier says:

Tyler will finally have Bow Wow lol sprawled out like a thnxgiving turkey ready to EAT.

• August 8, 2010 at 6:52 am
    Talisa J says:

CIARADABESS, sit down.

• August 8, 2010 at 10:41 am
    Jwill says:

For all you people talking bad about Tyler Perry and his films,
    why don’t you go to film school, and start making some films yourself .
    But, until that magical mystical time, you should just shut the hell up and
    just be happy that there is somebody out there giving black people
    a chance to work in films and television. Black people can truly be
    crabs in a bucket.

• August 9, 2010 at 3:48 am
    L.L says:

congrats 2 bowwow, can’t wait 2 see lottery ticket, I’ve been seein’ those posters like crazy, August 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• August 9, 2010 at 5:05 pm
    Renae says:

Good for him!

• August 9, 2010 at 5:58 pm
    TEAM KELLY (ROWLAND) says:

OMG! I know this is going to be funny as hell! The play was so damn funny! LMAO!!!

• September 13, 2010 at 4:05 pm
    allissia says:

cute pic

• December 12, 2010 at 2:26 am
    LINDA says:

I DNT KNW Y EVERYBODY IS TALKING s*** BOUT EM WATS WRNG WIT SUMONE WHOS A RAPPER BT STILL WANNA CHNG IT GON FOR AN ACTOR YALL SHOULD LET HIM MAKE UP HIS OWN DECISION

• February 25, 2011 at 10:15 pm
    Alfred ||| says:

I haven’t seen the movie yet but iam happy for Bow Wow and I enjoy watching all Tyler P movies. To the haters there’s a message in all of Tyler movies if you don’t get it or u don’t like it go to another movie . I think this is great and hope the two will continue to make more best wishes to both. AL