Christina Aguilera Performs In New York

shares
christina 45 Christina Aguilera Performs In New York

While Lady GaGa was dominating the MTV VMAs last evening, Christina Aguilera was far away in New York City. The singer performed John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ at Jazz at Lincoln Centre for the launch of the Montblanc John Lennon Edition writing instrument. Check out her full performance below:

As usual Aguilera added a series of unnecessary vocal runs in her effort to show off her voice. There is a difference between making your song your own and exaggerating every note; ruining the composition of the original in the process. Somebody needs to sit her down and let her know that, like her ‘Not Myself Tonight’ video, she is trying way too hard.

Thoughts?

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (154)

• Tyler

Tyler (140)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (137)

• Mark111

Mark111 (81)

1. September 14, 2010 at 3:55 am
    Antonio says:

Just a head’s up – she performed in The Allen Room, which is part of Jazz at Lincoln Center (big difference from Lincoln Center, where Fashion Week is currently taking place). I was in attendance – the event was cool. Eh, Christina… Comme Ci Comme Ça.

2. September 14, 2010 at 4:01 am
    #FACT says:

How Ironic that Christina is singing a song that advocates peace and co-existence no matter the difference.. This is the same girl who threw gum at her fans. This is the same girl who demanded that Mary J blige bow down to her. This is a woman with an ego the size of this world, and I don’t exaggerate. I hope she learns that treating your follow human beings with respect and dignity goes a long way. I have never rejoiced at someone’s failure as much as I did Christina’s. How about “Bionic” LMAO

3. September 14, 2010 at 4:03 am
    The Lee Wilson Movement says:

She is wearing one of Wendy Williams or Linda Hogan’s wigs lol sounds great tho saaaannng baby

@LWMovement

4. September 14, 2010 at 4:04 am
    Jeff says:

IF ONLY MARIAH COULD TURN OUT A PERFORMANCE LIKE THIS.

5. September 14, 2010 at 4:08 am
    thekiddz says:

*Sigh* Christina has a BEAUTIFUL voice she really does, but she just doesn’t know what to do with it. She has NO MUSICALITY. She’s been doing those same runs to cover up her straining since her debut. I want to lock her in a room playing nothing but Nina Simone and Ella Fitzgerald.

6. September 14, 2010 at 4:09 am
    FUTURESTARdelux says:

@#FACT SHE THREW THE GUM TO HER ASSISTANT RATHER THAN SPIT IT INTO THE CROWD DUMBASS AND MARY J IS CHATYING s***…

BEAUTIFUL PERFORMANCE AS USUAL FROM XTINA, HATERS LIKE TO PUT YOU DOWN BUT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY AND WORDS CAN’T BRING YOU DOWN. X

7. September 14, 2010 at 4:10 am
    Chimier says:

Barbra Streisand help this girl. Aretha we need your assistance.

8. September 14, 2010 at 4:10 am
    Sarah says:

I knew her performance was not going to be any different from rehearsals for the song. She sounded like crap, and even lost her breath during the 46-52 mark. All throughout the song you can hear her struggling with trying to breathe.

There are few singers who can actually turn a song into their own, and sing anything. Christina isn’t one of them.

9. September 14, 2010 at 4:10 am
    thekiddz says:

@ FACT

I saw that video on youtube, where she threw CHEWED gum at her fans. I was like WTF?! I don’t usually care for their attitudes or whether their nice or not, but that was kinda rude.

10. September 14, 2010 at 4:12 am
    Sarah says:

“IF ONLY MARIAH COULD TURN OUT A PERFORMANCE LIKE THIS.”

Mariah wouldn’t want to. She doesn’t butcher songs the way Christina does.

11. September 14, 2010 at 4:19 am
    SunDee says:

@Throwing Gum…
    see the blue guy /crew catching the gum*

& Yep… this performance has so much vocal runs, which kinda unnecessary.
    i love the opening vocal when she sing it more softly…
    i hope she didn’t need to show up vocal acrobatics so much.

but still i love her talent.

12. September 14, 2010 at 4:26 am
    DION-ISH says:

That Women can SING!!

END OF.

13. September 14, 2010 at 4:27 am
    DION-ISH says:

HER VOICE IS SOOO SOOOTHING LIKE…UGHH

THOUGH IM NOT A FAN, CANT EVEN HATE HER….

**Goes to Watch Lift me up live and turns on Bionic Ballads**

14. September 14, 2010 at 4:29 am
    Blu Majik says:

She did great! Good job Xtina!!

15. September 14, 2010 at 4:34 am
    ~TeAM WeeZY~ says:

UGH! You are doing WAY too much Christina! Geez! She completely destroyed the element of that song with her redundant runs. Sometimes, I just C A N N O T with her.

16. September 14, 2010 at 4:37 am
    This Blogger is Talentless says:

The blog is full of s***, can never give Christina ANY Credit whatsoever for anything! As a matter of fact , if it ain’t Mariah all you get from this blog is hatred and shade.

Well I am a fan of Both Xtina and Mariah and while I agree that she oversings too much at times, the performance was still good.

Keep hating blogger, green with envy? Great color on you!

17. September 14, 2010 at 4:37 am
    only1kene says:

AT LEAST XTINA DIDNT WEAR MEAT FOR A DAMN DRESS!

I SWEAR EVEN WHEN XTINA IS OFF DOING HER OWN THING AND TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM ALL GAG-ME COMPARISONS YALL STILL BRING HER UP REGARDLESS!

YOU REMEMBER BEAUTIFUL RIGHT? WELL XTINAS BEEN ADVOCATING FOR HUMAN RIGHTS EVER SINCE STRIPPED!

this whole damn gag-me comparisons isn’t going to end until these monsters realize that gag-me has ripped off so many artists herself but that’s never going to happen cause all u lil f*** are too delusional

18. September 14, 2010 at 4:38 am
    True Blue says:

The vocal runs were really unnecessary. Did she hear John do all that s*** in his song? Granted, he didn’t have the voice for it, but if he did, I’m sure that he would know not to overdo it. Linda always warns her not overdo it, but she still insists otherwise…SMH. But that’s not to say that she’s never given a perfectly subtle performance, it’s just that unfortunately there are far less of them then the ones where she sounds like she’s competing at the Vocal Olympics.

And rubbing in Lady Gaga on every X-Tina post is getting pretty damn old, Trent. I’m sure that at worst, they would not give a flying f*** about each other if they personally ran into each other. There would be no newsworthy catfight like you would hope. You’re so lame trying to start drama where there isn’t. It was lame back in 1999 when it was Britney vs. X-Tina, and it’s even lamer now.

On another note, THIS is how you cover a John Lennon song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGc0PqKBnno&feature=related

Subtle & beautiful.

19. September 14, 2010 at 4:41 am

Original for comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc5Jzz6jZYw

20. September 14, 2010 at 4:50 am
    ~TeAM WeeZY~ says:

^^^^Could you post a video that you think was a perfectly subtle performance given by Christina? I’m really curious to see one.

21. September 14, 2010 at 4:51 am
    _| |_| |_ | () says:

that was an awesome performance, thanks for posting Trentina!

22. September 14, 2010 at 4:53 am

@ Team Weezy:

That would take too long, as I have not bookmarked any of her performances. I never said she had a lot of subtle performances!

23. September 14, 2010 at 5:00 am
    ~TeAM WeeZY~ says:

@True Blue

No problem, wasn’t being unreasonable, just thought because you’re a big fan that you had one or two in particular that you thought were that way. I’m just really curious to see one because I think she would give me life if she delivered ‘subtly’.

24. September 14, 2010 at 5:00 am

@ Team Weezy:

But thank God I remembered seeing this particular performance on Letterman a few years ago, or I would not get back to you ’til at least next month!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG3uk1OwdqE

25. September 14, 2010 at 5:26 am
    thekiddz says:

@ Team Weezy

Good luck with that. She always manages to f it up

This was her best performance…until the end.

26. September 14, 2010 at 5:40 am
    ~TeAM WeeZY~ says:

@The Kiddz and @True Blue

The video @ Letterman was ok because her lower register was awesome, but in between she threw in those runs. That video (I Love You Porgy) was the VERY best I have EVER heard from her live. Again, her lower register was amazing. It sounded like a recording up until her infamous YAH, YAH, YAAAAHHHH at the end. I actually closed my eyes and was blown away until the 3:07 mark and then it elevated (not in a good way) at around the 3:20-3:25 mark. It’s like her trademark that should GO AWAY! But it’s definitely too late for that now. Dang! Smh.

27. September 14, 2010 at 5:49 am
    ERIC says:

SO… THEY DID ALL THAT TO RELEASE A PEN… INTERESTING…. LUCKY THEY GOT SOMEBODY WHO WOULD BE THERE FOR LESS THAN 200 GRANDS! :)

SHE DID GREAT, BUT SHE COULD SLOW IT DOWN A LIL BIT… XTINA WE KNOW YOU CAN SING! SO PLEASE DON’T OVER-SING WITH YOUR “UOHHHH”s AND “YEAHH,YEAHH”s!

28. September 14, 2010 at 5:57 am
    True Blue says:

She can still sing very well. She just can’t strain her voice to the point that her throat threatens to pop right out of her mouth anymore like she used to. But yeah, the runs are still annoying. Did anyone hear her f*** up “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”? I’m mainly accustomed to Judy Garland’s version, and she’s one of my favorite singers EVER as well, so to hear Christina butcher a classic really disappointed me.

29. September 14, 2010 at 6:01 am
    the kiddz says:

@ Team Weezy

LOL That’s my favorite performance from her. It was magical until the very end.

30. September 14, 2010 at 6:05 am
    ~TeAM WeeZY~ says:

YES! I can’t even listen to that song the entire way through. She totally demolished it! Ugh! Judy’s version is just beyond perfection, but why Christina would do what she did is beyond me.

31. September 14, 2010 at 6:06 am
    ~TeAM WeeZY~ says:

^^^^@True Blue

32. September 14, 2010 at 6:09 am
    ~TeAM WeeZY~ says:

@The Kiddz

Yes! That is by FAR my favorite performance from her. I’m just elated that she didn’t destroy a Nina Simone classic because Lord knows I would have completely despised that woman FOR LIFE! Thanks for that. *sigh of relief*

33. September 14, 2010 at 6:19 am
    True Blue says:

^^^ LMAO. Well, until she gets those whooOOooaaAAaahs and those yeeEEaaAAhhs under control, she better stay away from Queen songs. #THATISALL.

34. September 14, 2010 at 6:25 am
    ~TeAM WeeZY~ says:

^^^^YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I can’t co-sign with that enough! She better not EVER attempt to cover one of Queen’s song! I mean EEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!! I would REALLY put a hit out on that woman. LOL!

35. September 14, 2010 at 7:09 am
    SCREAM-TINA FLOPGORILLA says:

Im so glad that there are PPL that share my views on Christina’s DREADFUL Singing. Her Technique, Control, & Vibrato is almost completely non-existent. I personally dont even care much for her Voice altogether. I dont consider her ‘the voice’ of anything. I find so many other vocalist to be a lot better like Mariah, Beyonce, Etc.

36. September 14, 2010 at 7:25 am

@ Team Weezy:

Just imagine her covering “Somebody To Love”:

“I need somebody to looooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOve….” and this goes on for about a week before she moves on to the first verse.

37. September 14, 2010 at 7:26 am
    s*** says:

“THE NOISE OF OUR GENERATION*

Christina’s voice is just loud….she has no true vocal power when you see past all the Straning & Screaming & unnessary runs…

& Beyonce might very well have more Power once you see that. Her stans swear the way christina sings only she can do it but Bey & Whitney have both done similar Vocal Styling B4 except they actually have Technique.

38. September 14, 2010 at 7:27 am

@ s***:

If you were criticizing her singing techniques, that would fine, but the problem is you just try to deny that the girl has any talent at all… just like you do with Gaga.

39. September 14, 2010 at 7:27 am
    only1kene says:

I SAW THAT VIDEO WHERE YALL ACCUSED HER OF THROWING GUM AT HER FANS. SHE THREW IT OVER THEIR HEADS, NOT AT THEM U DIPSHITS!

THATS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT GAG-ME WEARS OR THE FACT THAT SHE DISCLOSES HER DRUG USE AND BASICALLY SAYS IT’S OK TO DO JUST AS LONG as u do it occasionally. GAG-ME DOES THINGS THAT ARE FAR WORSE THAN XTINAS ALLEGED ATTITUDE

40. September 14, 2010 at 7:30 am
    True Blue says:

^^^ This is not an X-Tina vs. Gaga post, so try starting that s*** elsewhere, please.

41. September 14, 2010 at 7:46 am
    SunDee says:

if only she use this soft Voice for IMAGINE until the end of the song.
    (the first 30sec of Imagine that weren’t showed above)

42. September 14, 2010 at 8:14 am
    s*** says:

@ True Blue

Um, NO Babes.

I never said that. Christina does have TALENT, RAW TALENT that Caca does NOT have. & she can also perform, another true performer without gimmicks. Im just being honest about her Vocals, She is lacking in so many areas as a vocaliat but make no mistake she can sing unlike your girl.

43. September 14, 2010 at 8:16 am
    fuckhaters says:

it just really never ceases to amaze me how grapejuice has turned into a Christina Aguilera hating machine. I mean, my god Perez Hilton even knows to give credit where credit is due. Trent, I’m sorry, but give the girl a break. Her ‘unnecessary’ runs are just about the same as Lady Gaga wearing a dress made of meat. And why, WHY squeeze GAGA again?!!? Seriously. Two and two are just getting boring Trent. Are you running out of steam? Can’t talk about anything remotely interesting nowadays can you? Piece of s*** of a blog.

44. September 14, 2010 at 8:16 am
    s*** says:

& putting out MEANING-FULL Music with SUBSTANCE??

Gag-Me is a DISCRACE to not only Gays but the entire Human Race.

45. September 14, 2010 at 8:39 am
    True Blue says:

^^^ Why you always gotta be personal with Gaga? You are the reason that the term “hater” was coined.

And “SCREAM-TINA FLOPGORILLA” doesn’t exactly scream “I think she’s talented, but her vocal techniques could use some serious work”. Your criticisms are never constructive (except for your last two posts), they’re just plain critical.

46. September 14, 2010 at 8:42 am
    True Blue says:

“Whats more important as an ARTIST, being creatie & able to Write & play instruments or being a Great SINGER & DANCER??”

Um, both? John Lennon wasn’t what one would call a “great” singer, but he wrote beautiful songs & played piano and guitar. So if he doesn’t have the vocal prowess of Beyoncé, does that automatically make him less credible as an artist?

47. September 14, 2010 at 8:50 am
    SCREAM-TINA says:

^^^

48. September 14, 2010 at 8:55 am
    True Blue says:

^^^ So let me get this straight, just to make 100% sure that I am not misquoting AT ALL… John Lennon is a less credible artist than Beyoncé because he is not as technically proficient a vocalist as she is?

49. September 14, 2010 at 9:05 am
    SCREAM-TINA says:

^^^ CORRECT!! Now you’re getting it.

Maybe your girl should try her luck at Video Directing or as a Music teacher or something…

Otherwise she has nothing really to offer as a TRUE ARTIST/MUSICIAN

& that unfortunately puts her in the same realm with Rihanna.

50. September 14, 2010 at 9:10 am
    True Blue says:

^^^ OK, the first part of your response has now confirmed what I’ve thought about you all along. You are as delusional as the most delusional Riyodel stan (Nicky) if you seriously believe what you just wrote.

I love Beyoncé, but “Imagine”>>>>>>>>>>>> Bey’s whole discography.

s***, you have really officially lost it. I cannot with you. Even Bey would be ashamed to know that some like you stans for her. Now that I’m done reading your nonsense, good night.

51. September 14, 2010 at 9:11 am
    True Blue says:

* that someone like you.

52. September 14, 2010 at 9:25 am
    SCREAM-TINA says:

“I love Beyoncé, but “Imagine” >>>>>>>>>>>> Bey’s whole discography.”

DIL, Speechless, Disappear, Halo (etc) >>> John Lennon & Gag-Me’s WHOLE ENTIRE DISCOGRAPHY!!

Sorrry, Call me a “hater” but Gag-me is just not all that Impressive to me, I mean I think a Cpl of her songs are cool, Not all that talented to me, Not a huge an of her singing or voice, I like her Imagery(mag Spreads & Videos) but beyond that what separates her from Katty Perry??

Shes cute though, I think its Cute the way her Stans like to defend her. I just Fail to understand the Hype. If It means anything to you, Im not all that into MJ either but thats not a good example cause he actually has Real Talent.

53. September 14, 2010 at 9:28 am
    SCREAM-TINA says:

& Music.

54. September 14, 2010 at 9:30 am
    SunDee says:

lol… oh sh*t c’mon mannn…
    imagine is a song that would last forever.

& John Lenon = Awesome Artist.

Imagine there’s no haters…
    I wonder if i can
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

You may say that I’m a dreamer
    But I’m not the only one
    I hope someday you’ll join us
    And the world will be as one

*peace

55. September 14, 2010 at 9:33 am
    KD says:

Just like her biggest stan “FUTURESTARDELUX” X-tina is just OVERKILL. I am guessing that she has never heard of K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid). I had more to say but she is not worth any more of my time.

VERDICT: FAIL

56. September 14, 2010 at 10:51 am
    FreshUrbanEnt says:

SHE DID A GOOD JOB.

CHECK OUT MY NEW ENTERTAINMENT SITE >>> http://WWW.FRESHURBANENT.COM

57. September 14, 2010 at 12:08 pm
    jj says:

i hate this b**** for always oversinging a song! just sing it in a NORMAL/NATURAL WAYS PLEASEEEEEEE!!!!! no wonder your voice is getting uglier

58. September 14, 2010 at 12:36 pm
    Mr.M says:

Whoriah Scary ?? NOPE

Shitney Flopton ?? NOPE

Fatyonce ?? NOPE

Lady RAT-FACE ?? NOPE

Sluthanna ?? NOPE

Kelly FLOPland ?? NOPE

SORRY YA’LL , but no one , AND I mean NO ONE can sing like :

LEGENDTINA

Trent … Jealous much ???

LMAOOO XD

59. September 14, 2010 at 12:46 pm
    jj says:

@mr.m conceited much? yes no one can sing like christina cause every singers has different voices. but it doesnt matter cause xtina is already ruining her voice little by little!

60. September 14, 2010 at 12:52 pm
    Mr.M says:

@JJ

Yes I Am !!! … jealous much ?

Xtina ruining her voice ??

LMAOOO

B!tch please, she’s ain’t Whoriah

SORRY BB.

61. September 14, 2010 at 1:01 pm
    That Pum Pum Juice says:

Sorry to say this was not a great performance.

Christina really needed to learn how to control her voice and not let it over power a song that was meat to be sung simple and gentle.

Even Madonna, who is not an amazing vocalist, did a better job of this song when she performed it live in 2004.

Check out her simple acoustic version which worked better. Christina should have done the same.

It has so much more impact than Christina’s version. Christina should know by now that it’s not always about showing off her voice. It’s all about presentation and this song was over performed….

…just saying!

62. September 14, 2010 at 1:02 pm
    Bee says:

@MR.M

LOL Stan/troll much.

63. September 14, 2010 at 1:33 pm
    That FLOP Juice says:

Trentisha is nervous.

This was a great REMAKE.

Remake. She is NOT John Lennon. She DOESN’T WANT to be.
    This is a REMAKE. Not a Jonh Lennon-kinda resing. It was a REMAKE.

Wake up guys. You don’t know nothing about music and singing!!!!

64. September 14, 2010 at 1:59 pm
    the kiddz says:

@s***

“LMAO, Without even knowing What the Hell is a “imagine” I already know thats a bunch of Bull. Im gonna assume its a song from this Lennon guy.”
    ——————————————————————————————————————————-
    You can’t be serious? You do know Beyonce won a talent show by singing this song when she was little, right?

65. September 14, 2010 at 3:07 pm
    RosaRubbel says:

@ True Blue
    Your ‘Somebody To Love’ comment made my day! Lol!

I have been a fan of X-Tina’s voice for years, but she really needs to control her runs. If you have such a huge & fantastic voice like this, you should use it with caution, because it works like a freaking machine gun.

66. September 14, 2010 at 3:10 pm
    ~Team Weezy~ says:

@True Blue

Don’t even bother! He/She knows nothing about true musicianship or artistry. I do love my B’ but @s*** just takes it way too far. Beyonce’s material better than John Lennon’s discography? Really?

67. September 14, 2010 at 3:15 pm
    ~Team Weezy~ says:

@True Blue

YESSS! You gave me life with that “Somebody to Love” comment! LMAOOOO! I can just imagine that atrocity! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

68. September 14, 2010 at 5:07 pm
    xtina=versatile says:
  69. September 14, 2010 at 5:12 pm
    GangsterA says:

that was bad from the beging to the end just bad

70. September 14, 2010 at 6:08 pm
    Beyoncestan says:

You people have no f****** life.. 12 post of you all hating back and forth about someone who is more successful than you… Tragic

71. September 14, 2010 at 6:22 pm
    Robier says:

Facts…. That voice sounds good still. Head voice to chest is still smooth. No breathiness like these other b******. she expresses herself thru runs and she is not the only one. Fanny runs a hell of a lot and so does Beyonce. Power Vocals are not liked or understood by this generation that only knows studio shower voices.

72. September 14, 2010 at 6:26 pm
    Theman says:

She sounded good, she did it her way. Mariah and the rest of the artists have nothing to do with this performance. Mariah has delivered tons of spectacular performances.

73. September 14, 2010 at 7:46 pm
    Brandi says:

where xtina been at?

Go to gboogie.net for one on one business counseling!

Build business credit! We report to Experian Business!

74. September 14, 2010 at 10:28 pm
    ronny says:

i guess her rebdition of james brown was bad also, right? wow, we laud flash over substance, don’t we

75. September 14, 2010 at 10:29 pm
    ronny says:

rendition*

76. September 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm
    ronny says:

Wow, this girl gets hated on big time. I guess her rendition of something’s got a hold on me was bad too, huh? That’s what happens when you are the voice. Funny how the people who actually heard it in person loved it, judging from the applause. The hate is because no matter what, you can’t take this girl’s talent away from her. She’s got it. Any1 else out today you can make or break, but not her. Chrissy keep doing you. All of the jealousy only elevates you and when the industry gets it’s senses, you’ll be on top again!!! You know you’re doing good when the bloggers keep writing about you because you get the most response. I love it

77. September 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm
    FLOPnetFLOPson says:

@ Mr. M
    Glad to see SOMEONE, just SOMEONE out there in the far and wide universe who is still stanning for the biggest TRAINWRECK of the decade, TRASHtina FLOPguilera.
    First Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, then Climb Every Mountain and NOW Imagine! This crazy trailer park trash keeps butering the classics with her ear piercing YELLS, SCREAM, SCREECHES, HOLLERS, HOWLS, YELPS, WAILS, etc.
    While Lady GaGa dominated the VMA’s TRANtina was doing…………………….this? LMFAO!
    Were you among the 0.0 people who bought her album?

78. September 15, 2010 at 12:59 am
    RG says:

I was ready to hate on Trent…. saying he was just a hater… but i’m sorry… Christina over-did it here! imo, she turned a simple, beautiful song and turned it into a mess… (and for the idiots out there.. i’m a true fan… i can admit when she didn’t turn in her best performances… and this is one of those times…)… i love when artists make songs their own… add a little flair… but here Christina just felt the need to over sing the end of EVERY line… totally unnecessary.

79. September 15, 2010 at 1:43 am
    Chile Please!! says:

WTF was that??!! Are you serious….she sound so strained & doing WAAAAAAAAAAY too much! I mean it didn’t even sound like she was singing John Lennon’s “Imagine.” That was over the top…she really know she be over doing it sometimes. Girl Bye!!

80. September 15, 2010 at 5:03 am
    only1kene says:

Y’ALL DID THE SAME THING TO BRITNEY SPEARS AND THAT’S HOW SHE HAD HER

MELTDOWN! Y’ALL DID NOTHING BUT OSTRACIZE HER AND DRAG HER NAME THRU

THE MUD, BUT THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN, YOU STARTED PITYING HER AND GAVE HER

A CHANCE TO COME BACK!

NOW Y’ALL ARE TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING WITH CHRISTINA BUT GUESS WHAT

YOUR NEGATIVE OPINIONS ABOUT CHRISTINA ISN’T GOING TO CAUSE HER TO

BREAKDOWN NOR IS SHE GOING ANYWHERE!

CHRISTINA IS HERE TO STAY!

IT’S SO FUNNY HOW Y’ALL USE TO SAY THAT CHRISTINA HAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL

VOICE ETC….AND THAT NOBODY COULD TOUCH HER TALENT, NOW Y’ALL WANT

TO THROW HER IN THE DUMPSTER? WHAT FOR?

EVERYBODY IN THE INDUSTRY HAS A BAD ATTITUDE AND EVERYBODY ALWAYS

TALKING s*** ABOUT SOMEBODY ELSE!

JUST THINK OF THIS….CHRISTINA’S NEVER BEEN LOCKED UP, HAD A DRUG PROB,

BEEN A HOMEWRECKER LET ALONE BEEN IN THE MIDDLE OF AN AFFAIR, SHE STILL

HAS CUSTODY OF HER CHILD, SHE’S BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS, AND

SHE HASN’T GONE CRAZY! WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH HER THEN?

81. September 15, 2010 at 9:10 am
    jj says:

@mr.m yes xtina is not mariah cause mariah is a legend and has many hits worldwide! unlike your idol! flop, loser and hasbeen

82. September 15, 2010 at 3:51 pm
    lisa says:

TRENT IS A HATER!!!!! SHE DID GREAT

83. September 15, 2010 at 10:20 pm
    Iman says:

I laughed about the people who trashes Christina like if they really know her and tell stories about how she did this and said that because they spent they entire stupid life in front of the computer or reading tabloids and freaking magazines. And to the ones who are really obsess with her and writing every little thing to leave her as the “bad girl” one can tell are gaga fans, you’re more obsess with Christina than Gaga is so pathetic…go back to her board and keep writing about how cooool is she…to the guy with the Beyonce comment hahaha you’re hilarious, beyonce’s music is the same since destiny’s child, so boring, i’m sorry , is just my opinion. Can’t stand If i were a boy and that kind of songs…like Pink’s stupid girls…just annoying as hell! I think Christina needs to come back at least every 2 years or 3 with a new album, she takes too long breaks and i think this oversinging is because she’s nervous and that’s her way of dealing with that, you can’t come back every 4 years and think that everything is going to fit like a glove. You need to rehearse a lot before releasing an album and i think that she thought that this era it wouldn’t cost her as much as it did… i like bionic but i would it love to listen more songs like Birds Of Prey, and with ladytron, goldfrapp and le tigre…

84. September 16, 2010 at 12:44 am
    Elle says:

Christina is a great singer, but this performance is a perfect example of how she prioritizes her ego over interpretation.

For those of you who don’t know, “Imagine” is a classic song, understated melodically and vocally to underscore the simple beauty of its message.

Eva Cassidy did a great, tender rendition of the song when she was alive. Gaga even did a nice rendition recently.

In contrast, Christina showboated all over the song…Linda Perry wasn’t kidding when she said Xtina is most comfortable in her belt-yelling style! A belt or run here and there would have been nice, as in her Haiti benefit “Lift Me Up” performance; instead, she let her insecurity get the best of her, and the song became about “look how loud and agile I can be” rather than simply feeling the song and its message.

Christina’s boisterous style was perfect for “It’s a Man’s World.” Her performance was a tribute to James Brown, a man who was all about big singing and throne claiming! For a Lennon song, she should have shown more restraint.

It’s too bad; this could have been truly great.

85. September 16, 2010 at 2:11 am
    Kevin says:

@that flop juice

nope, im an xtina fan and this is just tooooo much.

the whole point of the damn song is to be soft and gentle. Lady Gaga did this song and it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better and showed the beauty of both the lyrics and the image it presents.

Remakes are still supposed to remain true to the original. The subtlety and beauty of the song was totally overshadowed by her noticably overdone vocals.

AND WHOEVER THE f*** THINKS THAT MARIAH HASN’T TURNED OUT A PERFORMANCE LIKE THIS. GO TO HELL! LOOK UP ANY SONG SHE SLAYED AT BRAZIL, AND YOU CAN SHUT THE f*** UP. THEY WERE ALL SOLID. I STILL BELIEVE, MY ALL, WE BELONG TOGETHER, EVEN IWKWLI. ALL BETTER THAN THIS OVERDONE PERFORMANCE XTINA PUT OUT.

86. September 16, 2010 at 6:43 am
    madame-xtina says:

Kevin first of all xtina never said she was gonna sing it lemons way she said its a classic why the full would she sing it like him. This is how she wanted to pay tribute for all the reviews I read not these haters who hate on her but the press actually gave her great reviews how she did the song justice and lemon would be proud.

87. September 27, 2010 at 9:39 pm
    irene brewer says:

@ only1kene…

britney was at the beginning of her meltdown when the media began trashing her ( of course, trashing her didn’t help, i’m sure). when the media saw her career headed toward a metoric crash they shifted grears into overhype and haven’t down shifted since.

you say, NOW, they’re trashing christina! i say they started in on christina after she won the grammy for best new artist and made britney’s future trashing look like praise. it was obvious whose team they were on (still on) between christina and britney.

i can’t believe how christina is able to take the stage and give awsome performances knowing the press will hate on her or ignore her altogether ( too much newsworthy britney in a bikini to report…lol).

comparing artists always has been and always will be. it’s just foul when it’s done unfairly such as with christina and lady gaga. she got the gaga copycat label hung on her even though gaga was jacking as much from christina as vice versa. not to mention, lgg was ripping off COUNTLESS others. i think lgg is talented and it’s ok to compare the two as long as you give christina deserved credit (yeah…that’ll happen)!

i’m a big christina fan but i do wish she would display fewer voice acrobatics (she did it on i love you porgy…one of her best performances, ever )!!!