To Our Readers

New Song: Cheryl Cole – ‘Promise This’

cheryl cole promise this New Song: Cheryl Cole   Promise This

As ever, another series of the X-Factor could only mean one thing  – another Cheryl Cole solo project is nigh.

Indeed, aptly timed to coincide with the culmination of the show’s audition stage is the debut of the the judge’s new single ‘Promise This’ – which the first to be lifted from her as yet untitled sophomore album.

Take a listen to the track below…

Predictably the song manages to be everything we’ve come to expect from a Cheryl Cole single – overproduced, vocally thin, generally crap, yet of course destined for chart success.

In all fairness to the Girls Aloud singer though, the track does boast a catchy-melody, as well as a sing-along hook – which should resonate well with its target audience (teenage girls). However if a ‘Fight For This Love’-esque hit is what Ms. Cole is on the hunt for, both she and the label may be in for a surprise, as I just don’t see it happening. X Factor machine or not.

Nonetheless it’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out…

1. September 14, 2010 at 10:19 am
    Minaj says:

Too busy.

2. September 14, 2010 at 10:20 am
    Danni says:

CRAP

3. September 14, 2010 at 10:27 am
    Mileka says:

I agree with Sam’s review. I think it could be a grower or may sound better remixed.

4. September 14, 2010 at 10:49 am
    FreshUrbanEnt says:

HORRIBLE!

CHECK OUT MY NEW ENTERTAINMENT SITE >>> http://WWW.FRESHURBANENT.COM

5. September 14, 2010 at 11:17 am
    Richard says:

Horrendously overproduced (She simply can’t sing), but it’s very catchy, and if anyone on this site lives in the UK, they just know that it will be a #1 because radio will eat it up. Being the “nation’s sweetheart” is a rather large asset in the music industry it seems.

6. September 14, 2010 at 11:19 am
    S says:

It’s alright….a grower I think. It is catchy so after a few listens I think it will stick. Cheryl is a good pop/rnb artist and she always picks songs within her means…… Mariah Carey she aint but then again she don’t claim to be either.
    Good Luck to Miss Cole :)

7. September 14, 2010 at 11:19 am
    Aaron says:

With ‘Fight For This Love’ it took time for me to like it, it was a grower. Whereas with this i immediately liked it !!!!!!!!!

8. September 14, 2010 at 11:26 am
    Joy says:

Urgh. Cheryl Annoys me. She needs to make us believe that she is here because she is talented.

All artists go through a phase of producing junk. But its important that despite the crap we’ve seen, we are able to note that they have talent. A real good talent but dont know how to use it yet.

I’m yet to see what talent cheryl has. Other than using the divorce and x factor to improve her fan base.

I was hoping Promise This would be a kick ass song to tell the world that she’s back and she’s come back strong. Sucks to be wrong sometimes

http://iamjojo.com for music news

9. September 14, 2010 at 11:34 am
    pliss says:

FLOP

10. September 14, 2010 at 11:46 am
    tye says:

myt have to grow on me, didnt like parachute or fight for this love at 1st but they grew on me. if u dont like her tho, why even post this

11. September 14, 2010 at 11:49 am
    Jamie says:

2ND LISTEN MY VERDICT- IS THIS IS GONNA BE A SMASH ONCE THE VIDEO SURFACES AND HER PERFORMANCE ON THE XFACTOR TAKES PLACE- TO ME IT SOUNDS VERY GIRL ALOUD-ISH NICE HOOK DEFO A GROWER!!! NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING SO ATLEAST SHE CAN STILL KEEP PPL IN SURPRISE SHE IS KEEPIN IT FRESH GO CHERYL…… HATERZ NEVER STOPPED THIS s*** BEFORE!!! ONLY MAKIN HER STRONGER! ITS BETTER THAN NADINES 1ST EFFORT WHICH IS s***!!

12. September 14, 2010 at 12:09 pm
    Dominic says:

I hear a snippet of this a few weeks ago on Youtube. I really like it and can’t wait for the video so I can hear it in better quality! :)

13. September 14, 2010 at 1:29 pm
    Jay says:

This is her worst song to date and Sam please stop putting this racist cow on your site.We do not care and do not want to hear her thin, awful, non exsistant vocals.

14. September 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm
    greg says:

i dont know why you are shading her. her last record was really good, pop music that didnt require autotune and she had a vary of genres on it. fight for this love was a great pop song. now this, im not too sure about. but to anyone who has never heard her music (US), her other songs do not sound like this.

15. September 14, 2010 at 1:36 pm
    FUTURESTARdelux says:

THIS IS WHACK, DID I EXPECT ANYTHING MORE FROM CHERYL PATRON SINT OF MILKING THINGS? NO LOL BUT THE CRAPNESS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS AND THAT’S THE FIRST TIME THE DUMB b**** HAS DONE THAT.
    I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS JOKE EVEN HAS A SOLO CAREER? SHE CANNOT SING AND HER SONGS ARE AWFULL, THE ONLY ONE THAT I THINK WAS A RIGHTFUL HIT WAS THE CHAV ANTHEM “FIGHT FOR THIS LOVE” WHICH SHOULD REALLY BE CALLED “STAY QUIET FOR HIS MONEY” LOL
    SHAME THAT THE PEOPLE OF THE UK ARE SO INTO (FAKE) APPEARENCE THAT THEY GIVE SUCCESS TO RACIST/CRIMINAL LOSERS LIKE CHERYL BUT REAL TALLENTED BRITISH SINGERS LIKE JOSS STONE, BAT FOR LASHES, PATRICK WOLF ETC ARE IGNORED BY THE MAINSTREAM….. SMH

16. September 14, 2010 at 2:15 pm
    RosaRubbel says:

I had to switch it off after 20 seconds.

17. September 14, 2010 at 3:01 pm
    Sarah says:

The ‘alouette’ bit is very catchy, but aside from that its basically s***.

Nevertheless, it will go to number 1 because her relentless PR team will make sure of it. They will probably make up some sort of scandal in the week of release to bump sales.

18. September 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm
    rick says:

idk if anyone will agree with me, but this will be one of those songs in the UK that goes straight to number 1, and then in four weeks is number 87.

19. September 14, 2010 at 3:58 pm
    hesings says:

So am I the only person who realized that the verses have the SAME MELODY as “Rain On Me” from the debut album just faster?

20. September 14, 2010 at 4:44 pm
    beyonslay says:

QUEEN CHERYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. September 14, 2010 at 5:51 pm
    DallasUCMR says:

JAZMINE SULLIVANS NEW ALBUM ENTITLED “LOVE ME BACK” IS SET TO HIT STORES IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!HER SINGLE “HOLDING YOU DOWN” IS SMASHIN AN IS DEF WORTH THE LISTEN!!!CHECK IT OUT EXCLUSIVELY HERE VIA VEVO>>>>>> http://www.vevo.com/watch/jazmine-sullivan/holding-you-down-goin-in-circles/USJRV1000031

22. September 14, 2010 at 6:53 pm
    Kellz says:

Agree with Richard.
    Have to facepalm at how popular this woman is sometimes. Just wow

23. September 14, 2010 at 6:54 pm
    Kellz says:

Agree with Richard
    I have to facepalm at how popular this woman is sometimes. Wow

24. September 14, 2010 at 7:50 pm
    OddOne says:

Ugh. no Cheryl, back in the studio please.

Ho down.

25. September 14, 2010 at 8:06 pm
    Alex says:

Cole was subsequently charged with racially aggravated assault (she had allegedly called Amogbokpa a “Caribbean jigaboo” and a “black b****”)

sounds awful. stupid chav!

26. September 14, 2010 at 8:11 pm
    Frenchguy says:

It’s a crappy song! And the few words in french do not mean something understandable… It’s a complete nonsense. The ‘alouette’ pattern comes from a nursery rhyme but the pronunciation and the lyrics are not correct which makes it very ridiculous for someone whose native language is french.

27. September 14, 2010 at 8:20 pm
    spring says:

Am sorry what’s this???
    sounds like nails scracthin against a chalk board…

SLAMS LAPTOP..

28. September 14, 2010 at 8:58 pm
    CHARLOTTE says:

I LOVE IT!!!

29. September 14, 2010 at 9:38 pm
    Landen says:

Its Descent.

30. September 15, 2010 at 1:18 am
    EM says:

This is the first time I have gone from loving a song to hating it in the space of a day. Sounds really catchy on first listen, then you start to really hear it and its a mess – too fast, too long and all over the place.

Nadine’s on the other hand is fast growing on me.

31. September 15, 2010 at 11:41 am
    farinaz says:

its coool

32. September 15, 2010 at 2:16 pm
    Cactuar says:

I’ve listened to this no less than 70 times today and no, it’s not bad or messy at all. You guys don’t know messy. Messy is the incredibly s*** new Alesha Dixon single about cocks, and the new Diana Vickers single that rips off “Under The Bridge”.

This is bloody brilliant, the crazy transitions work, the dance beat is amazing, and as someone said, this is a great way of doing a darker-themed song without sounding as uninspiring as Rihanna.

33. September 15, 2010 at 4:41 pm
    Question Existing says:

She generally can’t sing, but her songs are incredibly catchy, that’s the only reason I enjoyed listening to this song.

34. September 17, 2010 at 3:28 am
    Richard says:

I hated this when I first heard it but already I love it!

35. October 24, 2010 at 10:11 pm
    Alice says:

I think Cheryl is amazing, and this song is create.
    J’aime ce chanson et j’aime Cheryl Cole :) x

36. February 19, 2011 at 2:10 am
    Kelly says:

Great writing! You may want to follow up on this topic!

vgradne omare