Ne-Yo Covers Michael Jackson's 'Earth Song' | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? Advertisement

Ne-Yo Covers Michael Jackson’s ‘Earth Song’

neyo2 Ne Yo Covers Michael Jacksons Earth Song

Ne-Yo performed at the annual ‘David Foster & Friends’ concert in Las Vegas this weekend. The ‘One In A Million’ singer covered Michael Jackson’s classic ‘Earth Song’ alongside Charice Pempengco while Foster accompanied them on piano. See their rendition below:

That was a solid performance. Ne-Yo’s voice certainly lacks the power of Jackson’s but he handled the composition well and his falsetto was impressive. Besides, any performance would be better than what Usher did at the Grammy Awards.

Thoughts?

• October 18, 2010 at 4:46 pm
    Ova It says:

**paging the nearest gay** Could someone please come grab this girl?? Neosha takes me out.. You not Michael Jackson… Your not a woman… Your not straight either.. Hell, your just there!!!! I’m over him in 2010, just like most of the world!!!

YouTube::: BoydashianLive

• October 18, 2010 at 4:49 pm
    Kris J says:

I KNOW I TALK s*** ABOUT NEYO ALL THE TIME BUT HE ALWAYS SOUNDS GOOD LIVE. I CAN’T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIS WRITING, SINGING, OR PERFORMING. HE IS ONE OF THE BEST. NEYO DID THIS SONG JUSTICE

• October 18, 2010 at 5:04 pm
    foreverAfan says:

i wish neyosha would just go sit in a corner somewhere and think about where he misplaced his hairline. -_-

• October 18, 2010 at 5:10 pm
    ugh says:

good job but u still a gay fish!

• October 18, 2010 at 5:18 pm
    2BAD2BME says:

WE KNOW U SOUND KINDA LIKE MJ WHY DO U ALWAYS HAVE TO COVER A SONG OF HIS? FISH

• October 18, 2010 at 5:21 pm
    Gooooood says:

Damn Ne-Yo is soooo f****** fine !!
    It whenever he want , wherever he wants !!!

Mmmmmmmmmmh His swag , face, voice , body is soo s***..

• October 18, 2010 at 5:37 pm
    SAM says:

Great job!!! He outdid Usher’s Grammy performance for sure.

• October 18, 2010 at 5:47 pm
    dgrrey says:

I love this , So does My boyfriend .he is a ncie and black man .i met him via
    — BlacwhiteC upid. C” 0- M — a nice place for seeking interr acial love.which gives you a chance to make your life better and open opportunities for you to meet the attractive sin gles and treat you like a king or Queen. Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends..sd

• October 18, 2010 at 6:20 pm
    jinXT says:

The song went from amazing to EPIC, the moment Charice stepped on that stage to join Ne-Yo for this MJ Tribute! Out comes this booming voice and Mandalay Bay just exploded. Can’t wait for it to come out on PBS then on Blu-ray =)

• October 18, 2010 at 6:21 pm
    brand_ed says:

Charice just put Ne-Yo to shame, i know its in a high key and better fit for her voice but damn!!!

• October 18, 2010 at 7:05 pm
    MISHKA says:

Why are people hating on Ne-Yo? He’s among the few who brought back real R’n’B ou there.

Do your thing Ne-Yo.

• October 18, 2010 at 7:42 pm
    Robier says:

SEE THIS WAS A SHOW OF REAL TALENT VS MEDIOCRE. SHE SLAUGHTERED HIM. NE-YA DID REALLY GOOD BUT ITS CLEAR THAT SHARICE IS GIFTED YRS BEYOND HER AGE

• October 18, 2010 at 9:14 pm
    FUTURESTARdelux says:

UM… CHARICE SLAYED, IT’S A SHAME THE US SEEMS TO IGNORE TALLENTED ASIAN ARTISTS. LOOK AT UTADA, SHE HAS SOLD LIKE 50M ALBUMS IN ASIA ALONE MAKES AN AMAZING ENGLISH ALBUM BUT DEF JAM f*** THAT UP AS USUAL.

• October 18, 2010 at 9:33 pm
    XXOO says:

ummm why did you label this under Ne-Yo’s name when Charice CLEARLY wiped the floor with Ne-Yo

• October 18, 2010 at 9:57 pm
    the kiddz says:

@Futurestardelux

Shutup! I LOVE Utada! I had no idea she was on Def Jam?

• October 18, 2010 at 11:56 pm
    Luv-Lee says:

Yeah Ne-Yo did his thing. He aboslutely did better than Usher. I don’t know what the f*** Usher did to this song on the Grammy’s. It is a very difficult song to sing and it really shows you what a powerhouse vocalist Michael is. I read on some blog that someone felt that Michael wasnt that good of a vocalist and I had to do a double take. It had to be a VERY young person who wrote such a dumb comment , who knows NOTHING about singing.

Michael Jackson’s voice is PITCH PERFECT!!! Always has been ever since he was young. Just remember, if you ever heard his very first song (Big Boy), he was 8 YEARS OLD when he recorded that! EIGHT!!!! Not too many ADULTS in the industry that can sing like that today. You fill in the blanks…

• October 19, 2010 at 3:24 am
    Natalie says:

I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON MORE THAN ANYTHING<3 NeYo Did a great job . RIP MJ UR MISSED AND LOVED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN<3 GOD BLESS MJ AND HIS FAMILY<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• October 19, 2010 at 3:28 am
    Natalie says:

@Luv-Lee

You are 100000000% correct and i cant aggree with you more. MJ’s voice is purfect and so are his looks<3 MJ IS THE MOST s*** MAN-HUMAN EVER<3

• October 19, 2010 at 2:11 pm
    UMMM............. says:

SHE-YO is a pop sensation? This sounds a hot mess! And who is this howling chick? Come now Michael turned about the same time I cringed listening to this one!

• October 19, 2010 at 10:48 pm
    danny"mj"b says:

Personally he runid it but respect him for doin a Mj song Mj we love you x

• October 19, 2010 at 11:30 pm
    D_Reed says:

True that Ne-Yo’s voice can’t compare to some of the R&B singers out there but the fact of the matter is he writes their material anyway. So he’s still getting paid. I know he’s written plenty songs for Charice. so she out performed him but somehow ne-yo is still getting paid over her.

• October 20, 2010 at 8:58 am
    JB says:

They just did the “Earth Song” again in Japan. Charice, started the few notes at the beginning and then the rest of the gang had to come in. They should have just let her sing the whole song. Listen to her first notes and you will know what I mean. Damn this girl has got an unbelievable voice.

• October 21, 2010 at 12:42 pm
    Lorenzo says:

Thanks JB !

You are so right that Charice girl should have done the whole song. Who is she? Never heard of her before. Damn ! She is really good !

• October 24, 2010 at 8:34 pm
    FROMTHEUS says:

Yeah she has an amazing voice…For an ASIAN girl. I know many people that sound like that over here but never get discovered becase of how they look. Therefore her VOICE doesn’t move the people over here in the US.

• October 27, 2010 at 1:41 pm
    cherry says:

aaaaw! Ne-Yo is hot! and that girl, tell me she’s Sunshine?!!!

• August 8, 2011 at 4:57 pm
    amish tours lancaster pa says:

An fascinating discussion is worth a comment. I believe that it is best to write extra on this topic, it might not be a taboo topic but usually people are not brave enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

• October 28, 2011 at 8:05 pm
    unlocked mobile phone says:

I’ve writers block that comes and goes and I need to discover a method to get rid of my writers block. It can occasionally be so bad I can barley make sentences. Any suggestions?

• February 8, 2012 at 4:43 am
    android widgets says:

Wonderful goods from you, man. Ne-Yo Covers Michael Jackson's 'Earth Song' | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too magnificent. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous Ne-Yo Covers Michael Jackson's 'Earth Song' | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? informations.