To Our Readers

Jennifer Hudson Performs Mini Concert On ‘106 & Park’

jenniferhudson5 Jennifer Hudson Performs Mini Concert On 106 & Park

Jennifer Hudson is ready to challenge Chris Brown for the #1 spot on the Billboard 200 next week. The singer took over BET’s ‘106 & Park’ last evening and wowed the audience with a mini concert of tracks from her new album, ‘I Remember Me’.

Hudson’s setlist included ‘Where You At’, ‘Angel’, ‘Gone’, ‘I Got This’ and ‘Spotlight’ from her debut self-titled LP. Check out the entire show below:

Interview

Thoughts?

1. |
    March 23, 2011 at 3:20 pm
    LEGEND, DIVA, STAR, ICON.............MARIAH CAREY says:

SO sick of this boring b****

She needs to stop SCREAMING, SHOUT and Yell

2. |
    March 23, 2011 at 3:35 pm
    Bacqui says:

Only a miracle would save her! No one is going to defeat Chris NO WAY!, The Strokes might try but nah!..

CBFAMEinStoresNow

3. |
    March 23, 2011 at 3:51 pm
    Malachi says:

She doesn’t Scream. She Sings! GHEESSH! People need to stop hating Gosh.

ANYWAY! YESSSSSS JENNIFER! She had me catching the spirit and all sorts! I Love this woman & Her music! I KNOW the album is gonna sell well because its some REAL R&B and Soul!

4. |
    March 23, 2011 at 3:51 pm
    2bad2bme says:

her album suck ass
    fantasia’s was way better….#gosomewhere

5. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:10 pm
    RosaRubbel says:

@ 2bad2bme
    Their albums are totally different in my opinion. Fantasia’s album was more Soul, while Jennifer’s album is more Pop. I have to give it another chance.

I liked the performances & she looks spectacular!

6. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:11 pm
    J.hudson For number 1 says:

DONT f****** HATE I LOVE HER FROM DAY 1 SHUT UPPP AND BUY THE ALBUM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW SOOO WHAT IF SHE SCREAM THATS THE BES APART

AND FOLLOW Akafiofficial ON TWITTER NEW Singer TRUSS MEEE

7. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:27 pm
    TRUTH IS says:

I dont know what is wrong with some of you guys hearing, she has a nice voice but she SCREAMSSSSSSSSSSSS toooooooo much when she doesnt have to. Her stage presence is blahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! FANTASIA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JENNIFER!

8. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:36 pm
    Waddie G. says:

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES!!! Where You At should not have been a single. I would have picked “Don’t Look Down” “Gone” and “Angel”

9. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:37 pm
    JohnVidal says:

All I´m saying is the album is really good. I´m not a fan of hers, I don´t like her voice too much but there are like 8 songs that I really love to my surprise. And yes the album is more pop than Fantasia´s. No need to compare.
    That crazy Mariah fan who commented first: you just shout the hell up. How can you stan for one of my queens Mariah and also stan for Jennifer Crap López?? And you come here and talk s*** about Jennifer Hudson??? Please go to a doctor cos you don´t make sense sweetie…

10. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:39 pm
    The Truth says:

Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia are very different and shouldn’t be compared to one another.

The performance was cool. Wasn’t the backup singer dude from her season on Idol?

11. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:40 pm
    Chulo says:

I love the album it is true music, haters need to go to bed

12. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:57 pm
    TRUTH IS says:

Aint no hater boo!! I’m a truth teller!! If you love to listen to screams throughout the songs you listen to then kudos to you!! I aint about to spend my money for it when I could get it for free while at church!!!

I love Jen but she has to learn some control while singing!!! Her stage presence needs work too!! All in all she is talented!!!

13. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:58 pm
    AREIS says:

She is such a Debbie Downer; she is so boring to me. Don’t get me wrong I like her but I’m tired of all this yelling and slow tempo songs from her. Fantasia recent CD shits all over this album.

14. |
    March 23, 2011 at 4:59 pm
    AREIS says:

@ TRUTH IS

AMEN….. Agree

15. |
    March 23, 2011 at 5:05 pm
    lola says:

J-Hud and Fantasia have two different singing and music styles! How could you compare the two? Fantasia is the one who yells and sounds like Daffy Duck!!! OMG, now her voice is horrible, it sounds like she’s about to vomit when she “sings.” People who say J-Hud needs to stop shouting, okay cool, but don’t bash her so badly. We finally have a mainstream adult-contemporary artist who is not shaking or showing her ass for money! She can sing better than 90% of these “singers” in the business so quit whining already! I don’t care for her voice or music but I do wish her much success. I wonder what her first week album sales will be.

16. |
    March 23, 2011 at 5:05 pm
    UGH! says:

The lil kids on 106 & Park can’t appreciate good LIVE singing like this!

17. |
    March 23, 2011 at 5:11 pm
    2bad2bme says:

@RosaRubbel
    this album sounds like she was freestyling through out the whole thing…i think she was more focus on losing weight than making good music.

18. |
    March 23, 2011 at 5:22 pm
    BRANDY4EVER says:

LOL here we go again… all these people saying she screams thru her performances or songs… But when Beyonce screams yell & shout thru her stuff yall praise her… Yall are so prejiduce towards artist. Jennifer Hudson is a fantasic artist with a fantastic album. If anybody deserves the top spot its her. Sure chris has been though alot but no as much a Jen. GO JENN DONT LET THE HATAS GET U DOWN !

19. |
    March 23, 2011 at 5:33 pm
    Robier says:

Talent will never be denied by opinions of an ignorant generation

20. |
    March 23, 2011 at 5:41 pm
    TRUTH IS says:

You guys are comparing Jhud to other singers, you say scream BUT the point you are missing is she hasno control of her voice unlike the others compared to her. I love Jhud and she is very talented but she lacks control when it comes to her vocals! SHE SCREAMS TOOOOOOO MUCH!! It is UNNECCESARY and makes no sense!! Don;t get angry or call someone a hater because they have an opinion!! OPINION ARE LIKE BACKSIDES, WE ALL HAVE ONE!!!

21. |
    March 23, 2011 at 6:07 pm
    LEGEND, DIVA, STAR, ICON.............MARIAH CAREY says:

@ JohnVidal
    ——————————————————————————

LMAO
    just because I said that J.Lo is hot doesn’t mean that I stan for her – I was judging her looks hahaha

Jennifer Hudson CANNOT sing – she can SCREAM tho

22. |
    March 23, 2011 at 6:07 pm
    Judge & Jury says:

HER ALBUM IS A f****** BORE!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAWWWWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness I checked it out for free download online.

In today’s music environment scoring 3rd place on itunes is akin to debuting under 100k first week. That’s where JHud is right now. Chris Brown will get like 150k or so, 2nd place about 120-130k and JHud about 90-100k. Sounds about right. She will be lucky to sell past gold in 5-6 weeks.

23. |
    March 23, 2011 at 6:22 pm
    Judge & Jury says:

The Voice?? Hahhahahahahaa, that’s whitney houston’s title given by Oprah. JHud aint no Houston in her prime. That’s why she was so hesitant when asked.

24. |
    March 23, 2011 at 7:03 pm
    jade says:

I think she is ridiculously boring, forever with that fake smile. She reminds me of Beyonce, except Beyonce atleast brings a personality to her performances.

25. |
    March 23, 2011 at 7:13 pm
    Blanco Family says:

she needs to start dancing. do some hot uptempo club bangers.

26. |
    March 23, 2011 at 7:24 pm
    RosaRubbel says:

2bad2bme
    Of course there are some radio friendly songs, but they are boring and replaceable at the same time (‘I Got This’, ‘Where You At’). These songs are just too predictable for my personal taste, and I think everyone knows her voice deserves better than this.
    But there are some great songs too! Like ‘No Ones Gonna Love You’, ‘Angel’ and I even like ‘Gone’, I love the guitar in it! So I’ll see, maybe I’m gonna like the full album, if I press replay one more time ;)
    It’s not like it’s a bad album, but it seems so predictable.

27. |
    March 23, 2011 at 7:51 pm
    BeyStanBabygirl says:

Who saw the Beyonce she did?????????????

28. |
    March 23, 2011 at 8:24 pm
    The Life Size Bobble Head formally known as Rhitard The Goat says:

She DOES SCREAMS anybdy who say different is a DAMN LIAR!!!!!! #gospel

29. |
    March 23, 2011 at 10:16 pm
    UGh says:

she is wearing one of those things that sucks in your tummy. it makes her body look odd. please girl, don’t lose anymore weight. you don’t have the face for it.

30. |
    March 23, 2011 at 10:51 pm
    Criss says:

J Hud has to belt out loudly to hit her belting notes. C5 and up. What she needs to do is what Christina does and its to pull the mike away from her mouth when she belts. She holds it right up to her mouth and she needs to either pull away her face from the mike or pull the dang mike away. Or they just need to turn down her mike altogether.

31. |
    March 23, 2011 at 10:53 pm
    Just Sayin says:

This b**** is BOSS, I don’t give a flyin F**k what anyone says, she is the real deal.
    F**k what you heard.

32. |
    March 23, 2011 at 11:05 pm
    Gladis says:

All of you IDIOT Chris brown & Beyonce stans wouldn’t know GOOD music if it slapped you in the face. Those 2 definitely aren’t making good music. Anyway, love the album Jennifer. Other stans are just mad because JENNIFER sings better than THEIR fav. Idiots talking about she can’t sing and that duck Fantasia sounds better. GOODBYE

33. |
    March 23, 2011 at 11:13 pm
    The One says:

Please all of us who know real music needs to support jennifer Hudson because this is what music is all about the voice!!! This is the return of real R&B singers!!! The era of the ciara ant her Rihanna’s are coming to and end!!! Hot beats, outfits, and stunts doesn’t make you you talented because real talent is God sent.

34. |
    March 23, 2011 at 11:14 pm
    TRUTH IS says:

@GLADIS How dumb and idiotic do you sound?You don’t know anyone on this blog to determine if they dont know good music or not!! It’s obvious you dont because JHUD SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSS!!! Please getyour ears tested love!!!
    GEEEEEESHHHHH!!!

35. |
    March 23, 2011 at 11:27 pm
    norma says:

I love the new album. Jhud is truely showing why she will be in this business twenty years from now. She is one of the greatest voice of our time. The lovely super star is truely amazing as an artist, as well as a person(most authentic). Love love love me some Jennifer Hudson!!!

36. |
    March 24, 2011 at 2:31 pm
    re re says:

That is George Huff….lol. Not a J-Hud fan. I don’t get it.

37. |
    March 24, 2011 at 3:04 pm
    Dropdead says:

This album was not made for anyone who dislikes it. With that ill say if you don’t like that’s your own damn business. Its evident that j.huds fanbase aren’t the type to use this site, but she’s projected to sell more than a little so somebody likes it.. (puts earphones back in and finishes listening)

38. |
    March 25, 2011 at 12:45 am
    quadarius says:

WOW

39. |
    April 13, 2011 at 2:09 am
    seusn says:

sorry to say this about her since she lost her mom but i am senior citzen and jennifer hudson screams to much and she can not sing and she is very boring to watch i’m 62 and i got more sput than she has . chris brown rock and he will chance he is young. beyonnce is the best baby got back she is talent and has real beauty jenni should have not lost all that weight she look better befor now look like a dry up old lady why don’t she call whitney for help well that’s my take she is dead beat

40. |
    April 13, 2011 at 2:15 am
    seusn says:

just watch jhud on dancing with the stars and she was terrible and so was her outfit i was so glad that she didn’t embarass her self at that show singing that getto song where you at terrible terible song ..where is beyonnce? i miss her!

41. Vote

[...] shape up: Jennifer Hudson Performs Diminutive Concert On '106 & Playground' | ..::W&#1110th th&#10… (function(){var [...]