New Music: Sammie – ‘Marvin’s Room (Remix)’

shares
sammie promo thumb 525x350 8359 New Music: Sammie   Marvins Room (Remix)

It seems, since the release of Drake’s ode to the liquor induced “I still love you” confession, that is ‘Marvin’s Room’, various covers of the tune have popped up every other day on the internet. This time around, one time child star Sammie gave his best take on the conflicted protagonist in his version of the song.

Check out it out below…

Eh, another day, another ‘Marvin’s Room’ cover? Though, Sammie’s one of the only males to take a stab at the cut, his version seems to come up short, when compared to female contemporary JoJo. If judged on vocals alone, his Trey Songz-like vibrato is a bit grating throughout.

What’s your favorite version of the track, Drake, JoJo, Teyana Taylor, Sammie, Rochelle Jordan? Let us know.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (91)

• Mark111

Mark111 (69)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (60)

• rita ora

rita ora (60)

1. June 26, 2011 at 5:24 am
    STAN says:

JOJO THE BEST!

2. June 26, 2011 at 5:24 am
    Mynameissteve_n says:

My fav version is by this guy called Sergio it’s called Wetter it’s on youtube… next is JoJo then T.T.

3. June 26, 2011 at 5:27 am
    RYCH says:

Umm Sammie please HAVE A f***** SEAT….you sound like a damn sheep through-out the whole song!!! #GorlBYE

Beyonce 4 in stores THIS TUESDAY 6-28-11 !!!

4. Vote

[…] It seems, since the release of Drake's ode to the liquor induced confessions of unresolved love, that is 'Marvin's Room', various covers of the tune have. music – Google Blog Search […]

5. June 26, 2011 at 6:13 am
    Kathy says:

Damn, I listened to 1 minute, and it felt like 5 minutes long. But yes, I heard the Trey Songz thing going.

6. June 26, 2011 at 6:53 am
    Jasmine says:

Um I’m sorry but the best male version, if not the best version I have heard of this song is from this guy name Siergio …. Sammie really tried it. D for originality. Y’all be the judge.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAn8VdUpu_s&feature=youtube_gdata_player #dope #dope #dope

7. June 26, 2011 at 9:00 am
    Sheesh says:

He did great…

8. June 26, 2011 at 11:23 am
    ヅ•·.·´¯`·.·•-ΛALEXISR-BAHAMAS♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ★ ☆ ✰ T.I.P.•·.·´¯`·.·•ヅ says:

Yeah I’ll wait for Mario’s version lol.

JOJO and Teyana both have great versions. They went in on it.

Drake did it cool too.

9. June 26, 2011 at 11:46 am
    tgfhwtre says:

“Mocha & Milk” is a perfect matc h like “black & white” people

—- Black’ White ‘Fli rt ” C óM —- :P :P

The most s uccessful interra cial da t ing c lub. If you are still waiting for your sweet “milk” or “mocha”, don’t hesitate to check it !! Don’t let your babie s wait too lon g for you !!

10. June 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm
    Rihstan says:

What?????? He sounds exactly like trey songz. That’s really weird

11. June 26, 2011 at 12:08 pm
    Rihstan says:

Btw my fav is JoJo then Drake
    The rest aren’t that good

12. June 26, 2011 at 12:43 pm
    macfac2010 says:

you guys need to check this one out….best version i’ve heard so far!!! http://a-natural.bandcamp.com/track/marvins-room-the-after-effect-feat-jus-murray

13. June 26, 2011 at 2:09 pm
    Scooter says:

Ya I couldn’t listen too the whole thing & I fill teyanna taylor is better her words & how she threw lauryn hill words in & jojo just has a better voice on the track but words wise ain’t better than teyanna.

14. June 26, 2011 at 2:35 pm
    b**** PLEASE says:

I THOUHT THAT WAS TREY SONGZ…..LOL
    SMOOTH THOUGH!!!!

15. June 26, 2011 at 2:41 pm
    Davwak says:

Why is he trying to sound like Trey Songz to me. I know he is working with Troy Taylor, Trey’s producer, but does he have to add vibrato. Interesting.

16. June 26, 2011 at 2:47 pm
    Lydia says:

Sammie please go and play in traffic with that version. Sounding like the broke man version of Trey Songz. I like Skye Townsend (Robert Townsend daughter) version better. Check it out:

17. June 26, 2011 at 3:31 pm
    Sade Law says:

Have u heard @ShutUpSiergio version of Marvins Room “Wetter” OMG if u like @PrinceSammie versionhttp://youtu.be/vAn8VdUpu_s

18. June 26, 2011 at 3:44 pm
    Huh? says:

WHAT IS THIS??? Clearly you all havent heard Siergio’s version “Wetter” “Im just saying Sammie you should have done better” CHECK OUT SIERGIO’S VERSION http://youtu.be/vAn8VdUpu_s

19. June 26, 2011 at 3:47 pm
    Bre-Bre says:

I just listened to that guy Siergios remake called WETTER all Im going to say is Sammie who? and Drake who?….. But Teyana Taylor did a great job xoxoxox :)

20. June 26, 2011 at 3:48 pm
    Hope says:

SIERGIO ALL DAY http://youtu.be/vAn8VdUpu_s

21. June 26, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    Jonathan says:

A sheep tho hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahaha

22. June 26, 2011 at 3:50 pm
    SWAGGG says:

#TEAMSIERGIO but Sammie you tried #swagshrug

23. June 26, 2011 at 3:52 pm
    JR says:

Heard Siergio version hands down that s*** is more than on point!!!

24. June 26, 2011 at 3:52 pm
    brejaye says:

SAMMIE’S IS MY FAVORITE. ONE he sounds absolutely NOTHIN like Trey he sounds better, you closed minded n***** only care about who’s hot right now. his version had a real plot, real emotion, and real singing. Trey era is up, he has nothing on sammie but his auto tuned vocals. all of you hating will be the main people all on his d*** when his album drop!! now yall have a seat.

25. June 26, 2011 at 3:58 pm
    kabrea scott says:

I advise all you jojo supporters to go have a listen to Siergio’s version why settle for good while you can hear GREAT its called wetter!

26. June 26, 2011 at 4:09 pm
    Justin says:

Sammie version was horrid. The rap in middle/end should be taken out as well. I recommend he go back to the studio and try again. I advise EVERYONE to go take a listen to @Shutupsiergio version here: http://www.youtube.com/siergiowashere . You won’t be disappointed!!!

27. June 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm
    @shawtybaddd says:

Wow just hear Siergio version called Wetter and I can’t turn it off I’m wet lol O yea Sammies version #snooze boringashell.net I LOVE Siergio I want more music from him Sammie sit Yo ass all the way down

28. June 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm
    Justin says:

1. Siergio
    2. JoJo
    3. Rochelle
    4. Teyana
    10. Sammie

29. June 26, 2011 at 4:15 pm
    JG says:

These covers are cool.. But the BEST cover by far goes to a Guy named Siergio.. Its entitled WETTER.. Look it up on youtube.. You won’t be disappointed.. At all.. S/O to Siergio.. Now go listen.. WETTER.. WETTER… WETTERRRRRRR..

30. June 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm
    Jayla says:

YOU ALL BANDWAGONING ON THIS GUY SIERGIO, BUT ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS… I LIKE DRAKES AND JOJO VERSIONS BEST!

31. June 26, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    Anidda says:

Hey I Must Say Sierqio! Def•So Killed It!

32. June 26, 2011 at 4:19 pm
    Anissa says:

Siergio Is Dah Best Nd U All Know Dat!

33. June 26, 2011 at 4:23 pm
    Isis says:

I heard SIERGIO’s cover (twitter.com/shutupsiergio) cover of marvins room “Wetter” and he took TALENT to a whole other level….Its the best cover behind that drake beat thus far …second i have to give it to my girl jo jo (twitter.com/jojoistheway)……..

34. June 26, 2011 at 4:24 pm
    Anissa says:

Siergio Siergio Siergio!! Yes Dat Guy Does It Best nd For You Haters Get Back.. Sammie Voice Has Nothinq On Dat Younq Man..

35. June 26, 2011 at 4:24 pm
    @theerkj says:

I like JOJO’s & SIERGIO’s the BEST. Honestly. I’m not here to bash, only to uplift. I appreciate JoJo giving us her point of view & Siergio completely making the song his own w/ a different meaning & all…but let’s let Sammie’s be THEE final celebrity cover. Please.

36. June 26, 2011 at 4:26 pm
    LadyA says:

Siergio Hands Down.

37. June 26, 2011 at 4:28 pm
    TEAMLILKIM says:

I rocking wit my ShutUpSiergio Marvins Room” HIS IS THE BEST

38. June 26, 2011 at 4:28 pm
    Jasmine says:

That guy siergio is great love it

39. June 26, 2011 at 4:29 pm
    Chi--City says:

Siergio Siergio Siergio Siergio Yes Yes Yes He Has It

40. June 26, 2011 at 4:31 pm
    TIFFIE2FIESTY4U says:

My favorite version of Marvin’s Room is by my friend “SERGIO…ITS CALLED WETTER”……he killed it!!! I have it on repeat! He did his thang

41. June 26, 2011 at 4:31 pm
    Shea says:

I must say the best cover of Marvin’s Room is by Siergio!!!

42. June 26, 2011 at 4:33 pm
    ashley says:

Siergio Haters don’t hate the guy has it..

43. June 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm
    Jasmine says:

@jayla but let’s be serious here!! I don’t even know the Siergio guy ..clearly most people don’t know him but I got a tweet a couple days back advising me to listen to it and I did! his s*** IS f****** BETTER THAN THEIRS. I love Jojos but everyone else..especially Sammie can have a seat! give it a honest listen before u start being on that hating s***.gov TALENT IS TALENT…unsigned or not..stop going for the norm cuz clearly your favs ain’t cutting it! *sips tea*

#teamBreezy all day!! But I am reeally like this Siergio guy…wait is that how u spell his name??

44. June 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm
    Sia says:

The best versions i’ve heard hands down were teyana taylors and Siergio’s. Siergio’s cover is raw and wiitty with a sensual feel. That’s why I love it!!!!

45. June 26, 2011 at 4:35 pm
    girly says:

That guy siergio did a great job

46. June 26, 2011 at 4:36 pm
    bryttany says:

I’ve heard many versions and nothing comes close to Siergio’s version! His voice is amazing and if u haven’t already u NEED to check it out. He’s definitely the best OH YES!

47. June 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm
    brittany says:

I Just Recently listened to the guy siergio I must say he has it. That guy has talent.. who is he signed with

48. June 26, 2011 at 4:40 pm
    TIFFANY says:

Sammie Did Ok JoJo Did Good But That Guy Siergio Did Great Great. I Love His Version. Keep Up The Good Work!

49. June 26, 2011 at 4:41 pm
    taylor says:

I must say siergio has it! Nice Job and I’m not jusgt saying that its the truth

50. June 26, 2011 at 4:41 pm
    @mz_ceo1 says:

I MUST AGREE WITH THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS…….I CHECKED SERGIO OUT AND HIS VERSION IS WWWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE MALES AND AS FAR AS FEMAILES JOJO

51. June 26, 2011 at 4:42 pm
    kelly says:

Siergio Wetter I’m Loving it. Keep Doing Your Thang

52. June 26, 2011 at 4:44 pm
    ChellzBellzBitches says:

Who the hell is Siergio whoever he is I need to find him after hearing his version Wetter my p**** been drippin Swagu…. Mmmmm I am in love

53. June 26, 2011 at 4:45 pm
    TeamSierq says:

Lets Go Sierq He Killed it Hands Dah f*** down That Guy Should Of Been Siqned Alonq Time Ago His Voice Has So Much Soul.. He’s Singing From Dah Heart Keep It Up.. Sammie Get Dah f*** Back Yo Ass Been wack.. JoJo Nice Come Back.. Lbs.. Haha

54. June 26, 2011 at 4:46 pm
    Diamond says:

Special shout out to Siergio..Love Wetter

55. June 26, 2011 at 4:47 pm
    witty says:

That Guy Siergio Really Rocked It

56. June 26, 2011 at 4:49 pm
    shanie says:

I love siergio’s [wetter] version of Drake’s Marvin Room …its really s*** & laid back. I LOVE IT :) got it on repeat right NOW &ya’ll should check it out too !!!

57. June 26, 2011 at 4:49 pm
    Tiffany says:

Best version of this song is by my little bro Siergio – “WETTER,” Sammie’s was okay, but Siergio is wayyyy better!!

58. June 26, 2011 at 4:52 pm
    Kat says:

Favorite Marvins room remix is by Siergio! Hands down. The other artists were good but Siergio’s version is that good good!!!

59. June 26, 2011 at 4:53 pm
    Treemonisha says:

Heard every version out there and as far as the guys I fux with Siergio version…he switched up clearly “he can do better”…..

60. June 26, 2011 at 5:09 pm
    SIERGIOFANS says:

SAMMIE’S COVER IS N-O-T-H-I-N-G ON COMPARED SIERGIO’S “WETTER” REMIX PERIOD. SOMEBODY GIVE THIS MAN A CONTRACT CAUSE HIS TALENT IS LETHAL.

61. June 26, 2011 at 5:11 pm
    #TEAMWHOGIVESAFUCK says:

I really dont give two shits about this song or its covers but since Siergio completely flipped this song and made it his own Im going to agree with the majority and say SIERGIO’s version is way better than Sammies No disrespect to Sammie but #HangItUp

62. June 26, 2011 at 5:13 pm
    chenelle says:

S-I-E-R-G-I-O #THATISALL

63. June 26, 2011 at 5:14 pm
    babygirl says:

http://youtu.be/vAn8VdUpu_s after hearing this i have to give it to this Siergio guy Who is he though?

64. June 26, 2011 at 5:16 pm
    babygirl says:

all of you are Sammie haters hes paid his dues and made a great song, I will admit Siergio’s version is AMAZING but Im a Sammie Stan…. SAMMIE FOLLOW ME IF YOU READ THIS…. Siergio follow me too ;)

65. June 26, 2011 at 5:22 pm
    Da Biggest Boss says:

JoJo’s version was the best
    Siergio
    Drakes Good

Teyanna

Sammie (even though I like him this was NOT his best work)

66. June 26, 2011 at 5:23 pm
    Tiffluva says:

HEY SIERG!!!!!!!!!! lol

67. June 26, 2011 at 5:31 pm
    shutup says:

what do yall know about real music. Siergio is a great singer but this is about Sammie not Siergio clearly his cover isn’t that gud it didnt make it to a blog. so what if he made it his own that doesnt make his better.

68. June 26, 2011 at 5:33 pm
    Ilovesiergio says:

boringgggg…please go check out Siergio’s version “Wetter” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAn8VdUpu_s&feature=youtu.be

69. June 26, 2011 at 5:35 pm
    Neesha says:

Im Sorry But Im Rockin With Siergio’s Version Of Marvins Room! You Can Check Him Out On Youtube At: Siergiowashere ! Follow Him On Twitter As Well @ShutUpSiergio !

70. June 26, 2011 at 5:55 pm
    kabrea scott says:

Anyone who doesn’t agree with the previous comments about Siergio are musically
    Challenged! You don’t know what good writting ,talent and vocals is and you don’t know how much hard work and dedication it takes. All in all he is an amazing artist and if time was actually took to listen to his music you would be on here saying the exact same thing. #justsayin

71. June 26, 2011 at 6:08 pm
    -_- says:

trash..he sound like Ray J..NEXT!

72. June 26, 2011 at 6:33 pm
    Neesha says:

No Seriously? Ray J? GTFOH lol !

73. June 26, 2011 at 6:42 pm
    Kat_N_the_Hat says:

Really like the Jojo and Drake version but I absolutely love love love my twin’s version of Marvins room remix ‘wetter’. I think everyone else will rock with it too. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/siergiowashere I promise you all will love it too!

74. June 26, 2011 at 6:42 pm
    Joc says:

This cover by Sierg is Amazing!

75. June 26, 2011 at 6:49 pm
    MZ_IT127 says:

I’M ROCKING WITH SIERGIO’S VERSION OF “MARVIN’S ROOM” HANDS DOWN HIS IS THEE BEST!!

76. June 26, 2011 at 7:12 pm
    Ramal says:

I know i’m late, but i’m just now hearing all of the versions… i love JoJo’s.. she went off.. Sammie sounds alot like Trey.. he never used to sound like that… that rap s*** could have been omitted… this dude siergio (whoever he is) did a really good job to be “up and comming”… plus i love the conceps of his.. way less emotinal than sammies and drakes.. i want to hear more from this guy soon..

77. June 26, 2011 at 7:12 pm
    SoGorgeous Choc says:

I love Sammie but I’m going to rock with my hubby Siergio’s version “wetter” his vocals are incredible. Follow him on twitter! twitter.com/shutupsiergio

78. June 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm
    Ramal says:

concept*

79. June 26, 2011 at 7:20 pm
    Ramal says:

wait… i just heard this dude sing that Timothy Bloom song…. da kid is a beast… like shittin on everyone else’s vocals….

80. June 26, 2011 at 7:28 pm
    Jerrod says:

No1s version is giving my bro Siergio any competition. His version Wetter goes. I usually like Sammie’s work but this one #nobueno

81. June 26, 2011 at 7:42 pm
    S Larry cuzo says:

I heard all the versions and Sierg killed the competition “AS USUAL” !! And for all u Secret Luvas b.k.a. Haters… U can Kiss It Cause Siergio is a writer/Vocalist that’s killin every track u put in front of him!! I luv u Baby Boy! This the REALTEAM SIERG CLOWNS!

82. June 26, 2011 at 8:28 pm
    nice_gurl says:

I like Teyana’s version the best. The vocals were great.
    Jojo’s was also good. The worst one was Sammie, though it was still good. Drake’s is slightly boring now that i’ve heard the other versions.

83. June 26, 2011 at 8:32 pm
    Deanna says:

I LOVE JoJo’s && Siergio’s versions the BEST!!! I loved JoJo’s point of view, and Siergio is becoming one of my favorite artists, period!! Both of their voices are AMAZING!! Love it :)

84. June 26, 2011 at 8:32 pm
    ImsoMarilyn says:

Siergio has no competition when it comes to covers of Drake’s Marvins room. I love his version better than Drake.Siergio>Sammie

85. June 26, 2011 at 9:24 pm
    Chirp says:

My best friend Siergio went the f*** in and his s*** was dope

@ShutUpSiergio
    @ShutUpSiergio
    @ShutUpSiergio
    @ShutUpSiergio
    @ShutUpSiergio

Love,
    @ChirpBeezy2

On account of Sam being my homie, he was good too..

BUT MY BEST FRIEND SIERG WAS DOPE……CHCK HIM OUT..
    VERSION IS CALLED WETTER

86. June 26, 2011 at 10:04 pm
    S Larry cuzo says:

That Chic Jayla is a Secret Lover b.k.a. HATER of Siergio!

87. June 26, 2011 at 10:21 pm
    SenseHesBeenGone says:

I Don’t Know That Guy Siergio But I Must Say He Has It!

88. June 26, 2011 at 10:23 pm
    tarayoung says:

Siergio Yes Who Is This Guy I’m Loving The Song Wetter Clearly Haters Will Be Haters!

89. June 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm
    LARRY KU$H says:

Check THIS DUDE SIERG OUT HE KILLED IT!

90. June 26, 2011 at 10:30 pm
    Janine says:

Who is this guy siergio nice job. Wetter is a great song.

91. June 26, 2011 at 10:32 pm
    Janine says:

Siergio siergio siergio

92. June 27, 2011 at 12:35 am
    Kareem The Dream says:

Not feeling this version very much. I took a listen to the Siergio version and I must say that its my favorite version!! Dude is talented… it made me wanna make a cover, and I can’t sing for s*** lol … I’ll sing to my boo though :)

93. June 27, 2011 at 4:23 am
    Ciera.Dominique says:

Im rocking with Siergio’s version of Marvin’s Room http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAn8VdUpu_s THIS BOY IS AMAZING!! LOVE THE LYRICS AND EVERYTHING!! YESSSS SIERGIO YESSS!! BTW IT REALLY PUTS ME IN THE MOOD LOL

94. June 27, 2011 at 5:20 am
    Miata says:

umm no shade to Sammie. but Siergio has the best Marvin’s Room remake PERIOD. forget JoJo, Teyana, AND Sammie.

95. June 27, 2011 at 5:21 am
    Miata says:

96. June 27, 2011 at 3:03 pm
    f*** that n**** says:

s/o to his fellow dickriders tryna put Siergio on sit yall ass down this aint about him

97. June 27, 2011 at 3:33 pm
    Rachie says:

@FuckThatNigga Clearly its not about Sammie either did you read the post… It was mediocre at best I dont know Siergio but CLEARLY his version is better, and made all the ladies Wetter, now sit your hating ass in a corner and take this whack ass Marvins Room cover with you *hands you an mp3 of SCRAMMIES version* and Siergio if you read this you did great I cant wait to hear more music from you

RACHIE BABY

98. June 27, 2011 at 3:46 pm
    Janelle says:

@FuckThatNigga Is Sammie “on”? Not hating just asking

99. June 27, 2011 at 5:00 pm
    Ed boy says:

@Fuckthatnigga but you mad tho!? Everyone starts somewhere ..everyone! It just so happens this new guy Sergio is starting right now..and apparently this is where he is starting. I don’t know him but I just checked out his version and the s*** is hotter homie! Ive been on several blogs and people are not rocking with Sammies version Bruh! s*** was regular as hell. WE ALREADY HAVE A TREY!! but yea just wanna say don’t be bitter…dont be mad..just do better! THIS WETTER JOINT IS KNOCKING….kudos to this Sergio dude! You did that s*** bruh Bruh!

-ed

100. June 27, 2011 at 5:07 pm
    Wes Dat boy says:

JUST READ THIS ENTIRE COMMENT SECTION..AFTER LISTENING TO THIS WEAK ASS COVER BY SAMMIE…IM CONVINCED THIS SIERGIO GUY THAT YALL ARE GOING HARD ABOUT CLEARLY NEEDS TO BE FEATURED ON THIS SITE..BETWEEN HIM AND JOJO VERSION THEY REALLY WENT IT..SIERGIOS BECAUSE HE TOOK IT AN ENTIRE DIFFERENT DIRECTION! JUST GIVE PROPS WHEN THEY DO PEOPLE!! GOTT BE REAL..LOOKS LIKE THIS SIERGIO n**** IS SOMEONE TO LOOK OUT FOR!!

BEYONCE “4” INSTORES TOMORROW!! KING B!!

101. Vote

[…] day another ‘Marvin’s Room’ remix. This time, a more established act takes a stab at the moody track by rap singer Drake. BET golden […]

102. June 28, 2011 at 6:17 pm
    Jessica Beazer says:

Sorry kids but Siergio’s remake of Darke’s Marvin’s Room wins my heart! You all should check it out! http://fb.me/16QiyXxFO

103. Vote

[…] possibly the most covered (remixed?) song of the year so far as the likes of JoJo, Chris Brown, and Sammie all put their own spin on the […]

104. October 27, 2011 at 12:06 am
    lisaa says:

Maybe you should do a survey.
    I think Sammie’s version is one of the best there , and potentially better than Jojo’s (people have different taste)
    And he got into this before Trey Songz sooo….. Where yu taking this ?

105. October 27, 2011 at 12:06 am
    lisaa says:

Maybe you should do a survey.
    And he got into this before Trey Songz, that’s all I’m saying