New Video: Cher Lloyd – ‘Swagger Jagger’

shares
cher lloyd 12 e1308659884854 New Video: Cher Lloyd   Swagger Jagger

It’s finally here.

The visual for Cher Lloyd‘s debut single ‘Swagger Jagger‘ has surfaced moments ago. In support of  the starlet’s upcoming album, the video sees Ms.Cher bring life to the well publicized song in unique fashion.

Get familiar with ‘Swagger Jagger’ below…

Channelling her inner Chola, Cher has undeniably delivered a visual that matches the loud and abrasive nature of the song it is in support of.

Sure to entice many a Rebecca Black fan in search for something more ‘subversive’, the video does indeed succeed in presenting the starlet as a confident and in control teen pop force to be reckoned with.

A far cry from her weekly sob on demand sessions during her time on the X Factor UK.

However despite all her newly found confidence, aspects of the visual give the impression that Cher remains an artist who still is unsure of who she wants to be.

For even though many of her ‘Brats’ will find the visual a breath of fresh air, it will remind many a music lover of a misguided  Thug Pop princess who is desperately trying to use urban sensibilities to season  an otherwise bland Pop dish.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (62)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (54)

• Tyler

Tyler (53)

1. July 1, 2011 at 3:46 pm
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

HOT MESS. Scrap that, MESS.

2. July 1, 2011 at 3:47 pm
    TNAiPM says:

Hmmmm… Follow me on Twitter! – http://adf.ly/1IF2E

3. July 1, 2011 at 3:48 pm
    Boricua says:

She looks like Cheryl Cole in parts of that video.
    What a terrible weave.

4. July 1, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    c.j says:

i hope she is not serious with this mess/////////SMDH

5. July 1, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    sis says:

I actually like it… it is what it is a urban POP record that’s catchy.
    I hope she does well to be honest, she is one of the most unfairly judged pop star ever!!!! She is no worse than a lot of other pop stars currently in charts now and if this song was released by someone else peeps wouldn’t be so quick to hate….. just saying :)

6. July 1, 2011 at 3:50 pm
    Scooter says:

Some music just ain’t ment too skip over the pond keep that too ya self & Bck then it wasnt ok for bubble gum rap but now since nicki came out it the new rap for female

7. July 1, 2011 at 3:51 pm
    Dev says:

This is rubbish!
    She looks like a child… a child that cannot dance…. songs still trash….NEXT

8. July 1, 2011 at 3:53 pm
    lost1wons says:

i thought this was Adam Levine from Maroon 5’s song with Christina Aguilera “swagger like jagger” LOL

9. July 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm
    lost1wons says:

Isn’t this whole “swagger” thing being playd out, look what P Diddy started like 2 yrs ago. THe term swagger is so playd out. It

10. July 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm
    Aryo says:

US top-selling digital songs of 2011: #1 E.T. 4,029,000 | #2 Rolling In The Deep 3,937,000 | #3 F**k You (Forget You) 3,184,000
    #4 Born This Way 2,994,000 | #5 S&M 2,700,000 | #6 On The Floor 2,593,000
    #7 Just Can’t Get Enough 2,401,000 | #8 Look At Me Now 2,375,000 | #9 Grenade 2,330,000
    #10 Firework 2,241,000 | #11 F**kin’ Perfect 2,163,000 | #12 Blow 2,105,000
    #13 I Need A Doctor 2,051,000 | #14 Give Me Everything 2,040,000 | #15 Down On Me 2,011,000
    #16 The Lazy Song 1,972,000 | #17 The Show Goes On 1,969,000 | #18 Black And Yellow 1,942,000
    #19 Till The World Ends 1,935,000 | #20 Coming Home 1,721,000

11. July 1, 2011 at 3:56 pm
    Aryo says:

US top-selling albums of 2011: #1 21 2,425,000 | #2 Born This Way 1,502,000 | #3 Sigh No More 962,000 | #4 My Kinda Party 715,000
    #5 Doo-Wops & Hooligans 670,000 | #6 Never Say Never: The Remixes 667,000 | #7 F.A.M.E. 633,000
    #8 Now 37 631,000 | #9 Pink Friday 595,000 | #10 Loud 586,000

12. July 1, 2011 at 3:56 pm
    My2Cents says:

Not A GREAT Track.
    The Visual Is Nice, i think the young lady (whom is ONLY 16/17) has potential.
    For a first single i guess she and her team wanted to have fun addressing haters. This girl has been getting ALOT of flack since being on the x factor. I myself kinda like her.
    (i mean come on, its just as bad as “whip my hair” but since her last name was Smith it was ok eh?)

All im saying is give the girl a chance. She is young, talented, and has potential.

13. July 1, 2011 at 3:56 pm
    Kerry Johnson says:

Better than gags mess
    yes i said it

14. July 1, 2011 at 3:58 pm
    Dev says:

@sis

I’d still hate. s*** is s*** and this is s***…. sorry.

15. July 1, 2011 at 4:00 pm
    Dev says:

@ ARYO

Nobody cares about your random unrelated crap.

16. July 1, 2011 at 4:02 pm
    Dev says:

@MY2CENTS

Whip my hair is far superior to list, Smith has nothing to do with it as willows 2nd single flopped hard

17. July 1, 2011 at 4:03 pm
    Dev says:

*this*

18. July 1, 2011 at 4:04 pm
    MrIncredible says:

This song is the pitts…

19. July 1, 2011 at 4:12 pm
    My2Cents says:

All im gonna say is im rooting for the girl!
    I think she has what it takes, just aint show it yet.

20. July 1, 2011 at 4:12 pm
    rob says:

SHES WACK

21. July 1, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    harvey says:

Beast visual she sure did rock that weave. yall must forget shes only 17 what do you expect from her boring wack U.K music lol

22. July 1, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    TAYLOR SWIFTS NUMBER 1 FAN says:

Scott.. im waiting for the hate comment…..

23. July 1, 2011 at 4:19 pm
    TAYLOR SWIFTS NUMBER 1 FAN says:

I actually quite liked it! she also looked hot:)

24. July 1, 2011 at 4:20 pm
    harvey says:

She can be the next big thing here in the U.S…she has petential to storm in the game.

25. July 1, 2011 at 4:21 pm
    Sally says:

This song is horrible, but the video looks nice. Waste of time.

26. July 1, 2011 at 4:21 pm
    Those That Cannot Do, Stan says:

The song is so damn awful I can’t bring myself to peep the video…yet. I might need a good laugh later. Also agree ‘Whip My Hair’ is far superior, especially considering it’s coming from an 11 yr old girl.

This s*** here though? 3 words. My Darling Clementine.

Also as a rule if you’re putting out your 1st single DON’T talk about all the haters you have, especially if your song isn’t good. Like damn, maybe they’re not haters maybe they can just HEAR you.

27. July 1, 2011 at 4:25 pm
    Imgunnacheckuboo says:

Eww, what the hell is this?

28. July 1, 2011 at 4:25 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

mmm I am feeling it but she looks great

29. July 1, 2011 at 4:26 pm
    Slutplz says:

LAWD!!!!!!! GURL, YOU COULD KEEP YOUR “SWAGGER” I DON’T WANT ANY OF YOUR MESS.

30. July 1, 2011 at 4:33 pm
    KING.B says:

LMFAO !!!! This song sucks so bad !!!

31. July 1, 2011 at 4:34 pm
    bam bam says:

I though the saying was “Swagger Jacker” but either way still a horrible song…..

32. July 1, 2011 at 4:35 pm
    Diamond says:

U british ppl need to stop biting our american swagg! Only person good at it is Jessie J and she is loads talented than this keri hilson wannabe! someone needs to turn this girl’s swagg OFF.

33. July 1, 2011 at 4:42 pm
    Malibu Barbie says:

This is giving me too much WILLOW SMITH… UR NOT AMERICAN CHER LLOYD so stop doing all that s***.. but besides that. shes tryna carve a lane thats been filled already, shes tryna get a spot thats taken.the only part that was hot was the ” get on the floor” part

34. July 1, 2011 at 4:46 pm
    BEYONCE STAN SINCE THE 90'S....WHO MADD!?!? says:

ACTUALLY LIKED HER ALOT ON THE SHOW, BT THIS IS…UM…ENTERTAINING AT BEST LMAO!!

35. July 1, 2011 at 4:47 pm
    Areis says:

OH HELL NO, really I was expecting something a little more than this DISNEY POP stuff she’s doing, NOT FEELING IT!!! Swagger jagger you’re a hater, girl please (A BIG WASTE OF MONEY))

36. July 1, 2011 at 5:14 pm
    Scott says:

Has she not flopped already, she is a mess and that hair looked like a dead horse has been stuck on her head-FLOP

37. July 1, 2011 at 5:15 pm
    TresChic says:

The world has officially come to an end…

38. July 1, 2011 at 5:18 pm
    redskin339 says:

I’ll admit, this aint doing nothing to show Cher Lloyd has great talent… but reading the comments, its like you was expecting a 16/17 year old to strip off her clothes and ride a poll like the other pop whores do… It is what it is, a fun ‘child-friendly’ song… I’d rahter my child was listening to music that makes no sense but is a fun song, than to have britney and rihanna singing their s** songs to children… not everyone is for adults uno, the kids are gonna want to here this… and trust me i’m by no means a fan, but the hating is scarily bad and next level now, for no reason, and she can actually sing quite well, she was just hyped up too much, like shes the next best thing, which she defo is not, but she’s havin fun, kids will love it and its minor, we’re getting too political with the most basic of songs, i mean wat does swagger jagger even mean, and does anyone even care what it means. I’m giving her a chance to sing properly live, if she cant hold a note, then fair enough, theres a good reason to hate… i jus dont see why ppl aren’t hating on katy perry wen she sings a pointless song about an alien and californa being like cotton candy, but cher gets the haters b4 shes even released a song. And we all katy perry and singing live dont mesh well.

39. July 1, 2011 at 5:27 pm
    Sheenie says:

don’t 4 get about Rebecca black please…:/
    …Just went crazy!! in DSW http://goo.gl/XwXca Spend $500 of their money..giving away giftcards 4 US promo..crazy ladies

40. July 1, 2011 at 5:28 pm
    Kweli69j says:

That was awful, I’m so morto for her…

41. July 1, 2011 at 5:34 pm
    Yellow Gorillah says:

All I got to say is….

NONE FACTOR!!!

*Sips Money Juice*

42. July 1, 2011 at 5:39 pm
    TaTa says:

I hate people talking about age like it’s an excuse. over 15 years ago… Aaliyah – 15 Brandy – 15 Monica -14 Mona Lisa -16 Destinys Child – Teenagers …. All these people were either the same age or younger than Cher, successful artists in their own right and all had decent music whilst keeping their clothes on.

I’m sick of this ‘she’s 17″ argument. She’s just lame

43. July 1, 2011 at 5:41 pm
    YeaBey says:

FLOP FLOP FLOP at least rebecca black’s friday was kinda catchy…..

44. July 1, 2011 at 5:43 pm
    TaTa says:

It’s bordering on offensive! This girl needs an asbo from the music industry and an injunction to be arrested if seen 100 meters from a recording studio

45. July 1, 2011 at 5:47 pm
    STRAX says:

So rubbish, hot mess. Career over before its started

46. July 1, 2011 at 5:49 pm
    blairdevereaux says:

shes like a mixture of jojo and ke$ha lol

47. July 1, 2011 at 5:53 pm
    girlfriday says:

umm, she does know the term is “SWAGGER JACKER” right? LMAO, this is hilarious

48. July 1, 2011 at 5:55 pm
    Diamond says:

IMO She’s can sing a lil but she’s no comparison to other talents. I’ve heard better voices so she’s pretty much non-factor. Shade at X FACTOR for making this girl big. I know british people are pretty dry and don’t have a lot of taste when it comes to swagg. But her singing keri hilson’s turn my swagg on was….blah. They only impressed by it cuz white english ppl don’t normally have that charisma like black americans.

49. July 1, 2011 at 5:55 pm
    chibikuma says:

Ooh I couldn’t stand this girl on X Factor! This video does nothing to change my mind! A hot mess! Who does she think she is? She’s a middle class white girl!

50. July 1, 2011 at 5:59 pm
    princebarbietv says:

Idk……this wont fly in the states!

* http://youtu.be/rVyfbQt2nbo *

L-lame
    O outcast
    Y- yank wannabe
    D dickriding amercans

52. July 1, 2011 at 6:12 pm
    Naima Rose says:

Watching this video was a serious waste of my time….she still remains a hott mess…and the song is no reflection of her talent…it just proves that she is s*** with no originality…Nicki Minaj is Nicki Minaj and Cheryl Cole is Cheryl Cole…Just because you behave like them and imitate their style does not define you as an original….KMFT

53. July 1, 2011 at 6:14 pm
    lexi says:

why she listening to her ipod n carryin the boom box looool doesnt make sense

54. July 1, 2011 at 6:15 pm
    SerferTJ says:

Hahahaha, you hatin ass h**’s just provin her point…

“You can’t stop looking me, staring at me
    Be what I be, you can’t stop looking at me
    So get off of my face,
    You can’t stop clickin ’bout me
    Writin’ ’bout me, tweeting ’bout me”

Great video!!! Showed some real swagger, and it was just FUN!
    She shinin’ and gettin paid, and u a lame, sittin behind a computer, and still in debt.

Calm the f*** down.

55. July 1, 2011 at 6:20 pm
    Kendra says:

I like it. Her video is hot and the song is catchy! Good luck Cher!

56. July 1, 2011 at 6:46 pm
    Imgunnacheckuboo says:

@BAM BAM, IKR, It’s Swagger Jacker, Not Swagger Jagger. That’s just annoying.

57. July 1, 2011 at 6:52 pm
    aisha aguilera keys says:

This is VERY plain. Someone I think she should do better, but whatever.

58. July 1, 2011 at 7:01 pm
    aisha aguilera keys says:

*Somehow*

59. July 1, 2011 at 7:06 pm
    SWEETY NATALIE (A.K.A. ICON) says:

I wish Cher the best. The girl is trying to live her life I don’t get the hate people hate for her. But well I guess when someone gets success, other people hate. Circle of life really.

60. July 1, 2011 at 7:18 pm
    andy says:

she was trying too hard with her clothes, it looks so childish

61. July 1, 2011 at 7:45 pm
    KoreanDream says:

@KingB
    I love this song! :(

62. July 1, 2011 at 8:24 pm
    Misses Moo says:

“oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darrarrrling”- chorus was obviously copied from that old song! She has no originality or talent! She needs to sit her ass somewhere

63. July 1, 2011 at 8:38 pm
    SerferTJ says:

^”copied” the chorus?
    Are you for real????
    It’s called a sample, dumb ass.

64. July 1, 2011 at 8:50 pm
    Leila says:

I like Cher Lloyd. She’s doing great with her first* video.. And she have something special with has attitude. That song could be great in a club. And her style is really nice.. She dress nice and inspire many people with her clothes. That girl have so much tatoo, she’s cool.. Her voice when she raps its what I like the most. Its normal if her first video is really commercial.. Many people are behind her to make her a star. I think next year if this album is going well, she will be better in her own style: hip hop , not pop music

65. July 1, 2011 at 9:17 pm
    superBassXx says:

this is what happens when white people try to do what black people do without the creative involvement of any black people. . . garbage.

66. July 1, 2011 at 10:11 pm
    MuzikManiack says:

I don’t like this at all. I was really rooting for her but this song is a hot ass mess and if she continues to make music like this she won’t be around very long!

67. July 1, 2011 at 11:30 pm
    WonderLand19 says:

The visuals were good but she cant dance and the song is a HOT MESS.COM!!

68. July 2, 2011 at 12:43 am
    kyla says:

omg…. too much like a gimmick…. just becuz she auditioned to swag on by keri hilson does not mean she needs this song…. AWFUL

69. July 2, 2011 at 1:30 am
    Alex says:

I kind of like it….its different…..

70. July 2, 2011 at 2:58 am
    SHESDUMB says:

“SONG” SUCKS, AND SHE HAS NO SWAG HERSELF SO WTF IS SHE TALKING ABOUT. AND I ALSO SEE SOME SWAGGER JACKIN/JAGGIN IN THIS VIDEO BEING DONE BY THE MAIN PERSON WHO IS “SINGING” ABOUT IT.

71. July 2, 2011 at 3:43 am
    ERIC says:

NOT THE BEST VIDEO EVER, BUT STILL GOOD TO PROMOTE THE SONG. THE SONG IS GOOD, IT’S CATCHY, COOL AND A BANGER! I KNOW CHER HASN’T PLAYED HER BEST CARDS YET.

72. July 2, 2011 at 5:29 am
    Addison says:

Dude! The video sucks, but it looks like a spilled kids crayon box. BUT it REALLY has to be said that your articulate and creatively colourful review not only overshadows the technicoloured mess that is the video but goes to show exactly why this is THE blog to visit and why we all keep coming back.

I hope you get to read this!

Addison

73. July 2, 2011 at 8:38 am
    oh dear says:

im partial to a good pop song….but this……….ITS A NO FROM ME

74. July 2, 2011 at 12:51 pm
    Hesings says:

THIS SONG IS THE PITS.ORG

75. July 2, 2011 at 1:55 pm
    Chae says:

I have a really big issue with this song. It makes no damn sense! The lyrics in the verses dont match the chorus. What the hell has ‘get on the floor’ got to do with swagger jagger.It sounds like 3 different songs mashed together. The arrangement is poor. The best part of the song was the end. It is just sooo bad. If this is what shes been producing in the US she needs to come home.

76. July 2, 2011 at 3:59 pm
    Tony Rich says:

Check out my new pop record BOY VICIOUS available now for FREE! http://snd.sc/iptCV3

77. July 2, 2011 at 4:51 pm
    Vegas girl says:

The song is kinda horrible. Hope she releases better songs, if this song came on the radio I would turn.

78. July 2, 2011 at 5:50 pm
    Anna Patrice says:

Her hair is sooo distracting. It looks like it’s taking over her entire body. Lol

79. July 2, 2011 at 7:17 pm
    Keepin it 100 says:

Lmao! Wooww… atleast if u r tryna go the urban edgy blk girl route kill it! She only makes herself look like a fool in this video…. can’t no white girl do Urban better then Christina Augilera! That’s my b****!!!

80. July 2, 2011 at 10:24 pm
    Diamond says:

How the hell does christina aguilera do URBAN? She’s pop. Gtfo. Jessie J is the only one that can kill it in the black hood and she’s british AND WHITE.

81. July 4, 2011 at 4:13 am
    nice_gurl says:

This song is terrible, and the video makes it no better. I get sick of these young people doing bad songs, like Willow Smith, Justin Bieber, Kesha and now this girl.

82. Vote

[…] love it or loathe it track saw its video premiere last week and, true to Lloyd form, sparked much controversy. Can’t say it’s […]

83. July 4, 2011 at 2:17 pm
    Ms KG says:

Sorry Cher but this track is a #FAIL
    Every other artist in the charts has this “sound” YAWN! I can’t believe this was even made in the US – Cher might as well bring her ass home

84. July 4, 2011 at 8:31 pm
    Ali says:

Ummm.. Diamond f*** off. Firstly It really annoys me when u americans call us British. No-one in britain is british. U are either english scottish welsh or irish. Secondly, no english people are trying to ‘bite american swag’. This child does no represent a nation. Go listen to real uk rappers and u will see no one gives a f*** about ‘american swag’. And as for us copying you… Do you ave any idea where ths craze of dance/club music came from?? Where dubstep is from? <- the stuff britney begged. Or maybe where the huge sample on jason derulos track was taken from?? If anyone is 'biting swag' right now, its you guys.

85. July 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm
    perhaps says:

What executive green lighted this? I I don’t mind her clothes they are cool and unique but can we please get a hair stylist in the building, please?