Hot Shot: Whitney Houston Shines On Set Of ‘Sparkle’

shares
Whitney e1319702636219 Hot Shot: Whitney Houston Shines On Set Of Sparkle

The legendary Whitney Houston looked a picture of beauty as she posed it up on the set of her new movie ‘Sparkle’, with actor Mike Epps.

Starring Jordin Sparks, the remake of the 1976 movie (loosely based on the story of The Supremes) is also being executively-produced by the ‘Million Dollar Bill’ singer.

With filming commencing in Detroit this week, it appears the diva jumped straight in with the singing scenes. What did those on set say about her much-debated vocals?

Find out for yourself after the jump…

Via Twitter:

DebraMChase  (Producer of Sparkle)
@janineb85 Whitney sang eye on the sparrow yesterday in#Sparkle scene and made everyone cry. Amazing! But can’t do clips yet.

Jamar D. Jakes

Whitney is killing this role! Owning it!

CharlesMartinn
We had church on the set today!! OMG! Whitney Houston!!

CharlesMartinn
The movie is “Sparkle” and the scene with #WhitneyHouston singing was phenomenal! Actors and crew were crying! We had church!

soulasismusic B. Williams

It was VERY heavy on set today. Whitney Houston sang “His Eye Is On the Sparrow” & I #literally cried for 30 minutes. Amazing!!!! #Sparkle

soulasismusic B. Williams

Whitney sounds INCREDIBLE!!! I’m here to tell you that SHE’S BACK!! I watched & experienced vocal perfection today. #WhitneyHouston #Sparkle

CalmingCorners Yvelette Stines

The set of Sparkle in Detroit is epic. Totally heart@AKILPRODUCTIONS #calmingcorners

CalmingCorners Yvelette Stines

Just had the opportunity to see none other than Whitney Houston sing while working on the set of Sparkle. She threw down! #calmingcorners

CalmingCorners Yvelette Stines

Another great day thx to the genius of @AKILPRODUCTIONSWhitney Houston herself sang, held church & moved everyone on set. #calmingcorners

iamtikasumpter Tika sumpter

There is no one like Whitney Houston, Period. #icon

iamtikasumpter Tika sumpter

I still have chills.

JusBlaze4 Jawan Jackson

The more and whitney sang the more an more ppl started to go in! It turned real really quick. I jus hope the cameras weren’t on me lol

@StefsAPrincess: When I tell y’all we ALL caught the Spirit when Whitney Houston performed “His Eye Is on the Sparrow

JusBlaze4 Jawan Jackson

Whitney houston just did her thing on set!……tht church scene really turned into church!! She was tryna sing 4real!!

therealmikeepps

Me and the QUEEN OF MUSIC WITNEY HOUSTON ON THE SET OF SPARKLE!! yfrog.com/esctdij

HarveyMasonjr

She was great. Worked hard and nailed her vocal. She is in good voice right now.

HarveyMasonjr

One song so far, one left to do. She sounds great! Fans will be happy

@HarveyMasonjr

Hey Harvey, how was Whitney in the studio? Please tell me she sounds beautiful. I know she will always be beautiful!

23 Oct via web

HarveyMasonjr Harvey Mason, Jr.
@REALmisterYates She was great. What a voice!

TheSexSymbol_ ℬ ℛ ℮ ℮ Ꮓ ℮

Whitney is sounding so much better on these songs for the Sparkle Soundtrack!
25 Oct

VonDeRothschild Heartbreaker
“@TheSexSymbol_ The session with Whitney for the Sparkle soundtrack was a success…”22 Oct

And there you have it.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Mark111

Mark111 (59)

• Tyler

Tyler (45)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (41)

• CherylSoldierr

CherylSoldierr (34)

1. October 27, 2011 at 3:29 am
    JUMPINSOUNDS says:

I really hope that she is back in the game. I will never forgive her for that last tour (or should that be the promoters for allowing her to go on stage). I saw her perform live in her prime in the 80’s and early 90’s when NO-ONE could touch her vocally. Let’s hope some of that magic is back..

• June 15, 2012 at 11:28 am
      milan says:

you will never forget her? who cares. I had the best time of my life at that concert

2. October 27, 2011 at 3:59 am
    sashaF says:

YES! She looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to hear her gospel rendition!

3. October 27, 2011 at 4:01 am
    keyshi says:

She looks younger than she’s ever looked in years. Hot!!!

4. October 27, 2011 at 4:03 am
    QUEENVOICE says:

Whitney is the QUEEN!!! Love the fact that she turned a movie church scene set into real CHURCH.

5. October 27, 2011 at 4:11 am
    JUDAS666 says:

THE CRACKHEAD HAS THE BOUFFANT “MARY TYLER MOORE” HAIRSTYLE FROM THE 60’S. SHE STILL HAS THAT BELLY THING GOIN ON. WONDER IF THAT’S A MEDICAL CONDITION THAT HER BELLY APPEARS PREGGO THE LAST FEW YEARS AND DOESN’T GET SMALLER. AS FOR THE CAST AND CREW TWEETS, APPEARS THE PR BLITZ HAS STARTED ALREADY. DON’T BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE, KEEP EXPECTATIONS IN CHECK. ONE MAN’S RUSTED COPPER IS ANOTHER MAN’S GOLD, JUST SAYING.

AS FOR SAM, SHE IS EXECUTIVE PRODUCER NOT CO-PRODUCER. 2 DIFFERENT THINGS. CHECK THE CREDITS BRO AND UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE. MAYBE GOOGLE THE TERMS, HMMM.

6. October 27, 2011 at 4:22 am
    sparrow says:

falls out at how good whitney looks, she really looks great. whatever she did or however she sounded looks like she impressed the hell ouf of people. getting excited for this movie

7. October 27, 2011 at 4:40 am
    KNUCK says:

she looks beautiful… and really if she even sounds halfway decent she will slay because whitney’s very PRESENCE is phenomenal. You know you are in the presence of greatness/royalty even when she’s on screen. They don’t make them like her anymore. Furthermore she can actually act. Haven’t seen that side in years so hopefully it is still in tact. She could act like herself and own half of the industry..

and I’m not even STANNING, but Whitney Houston is still WHITNEY HOUSTON, hardships aside.

8. October 27, 2011 at 5:46 am
    Subline says:

Simply elegant! I love love love this look on her and yes she is one of the few singers who actually does a decent job acting. Can’t wait to see her light up the big screen again.

Mike Epps, but that hair tho

9. October 27, 2011 at 6:05 am
    Radar says:

you better work Nippy! Keep the long hair it looks good on you.

10. October 27, 2011 at 6:07 am
    ummm no. says:

Ohhh Executive producer…So that’s how she got the role. Hmmm.

11. October 27, 2011 at 6:42 am
    beyonces 4 flopped and it is trash! says:

love whitney she was blessed with the best voice in the world

12. October 27, 2011 at 7:46 am
    PAT says:

she looks great and her voice at 50% is still better than 90% of today’s popular singers

13. October 27, 2011 at 8:01 am
    Billy says:

She looks incredible she looks about 25 here so young and youthful! Cant wait to hear her on this new film! It will be fantastic!.

14. October 27, 2011 at 8:41 am
    Casual says:

Whitney looks great here, and I’m glad to know her voice is back in form.

15. Vote

[…] legendary Whitney Houston looked a picture of beauty as she posed it up on the set of her new movie ‘Sparkle’, with actor Mike […]

16. Vote

17. October 27, 2011 at 8:49 am
    JohnVidal says:

I´m stunned at how great she looks on this pic

18. October 27, 2011 at 9:32 am
    Bey'knight says:

Omg she looks radiant. Younger than ive seen her look in ages and if these tweets are any indication her voice is BACK TOO!!!! i wanna Run to youuuuuu Whitney. I cant wait for this movie. This 2nd time in my life im anticipating, its a bit unnerving but all will be well

19. October 27, 2011 at 9:55 am
    Tru Voice says:

DIVA!!! Looks great! SO good, and very 60s-ish. This movie is really shaping up to be something.

20. October 27, 2011 at 10:34 am
    Well… Doesn’t Ms. Whitney Houston Look Nice! says:

[…] Photo […]

21. October 27, 2011 at 10:45 am
    Daniel says:

Whitney looks INCREDIBLE, even MAGNIFICENT!!! I’m damn excited to read those ‘Tweets’ about her exceptional vocals and presence. Whitney will always be the world’s No. 1 singer.

22. October 27, 2011 at 10:58 am
    voicelera says:

I hope Whitney can STAY AWAY FROM THE DRUGS, FOREVER!!!!!!!!

STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I hope to get a new album from this epic vocalist, in the next couple of years maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. October 27, 2011 at 11:08 am
    80sBaby says:

Whitney looks beautiful in these pics!! I’m not buying these tweets yet though. I’ll have to see/hear it to believe it. I remember those infamous “Britney is dancing her ass off!!!!” tweets from her videoset, and that was a lie!

24. October 27, 2011 at 11:35 am
    Isaiah 65:24 says:

El’ Shaddai answers prayers! Bless Jesus!

25. October 27, 2011 at 12:02 pm
    CRYSTAL LEE JORDAN says:

Whitney looks amazing!!! She had church on “The Preacher’s Wife” too. I loved the movie and the CD. I can’t wait to see “Sparkle”!!! Mike Epps grining away lol

26. October 27, 2011 at 12:06 pm
    CRYSTAL LEE JORDAN says:

That’s a good photo too. What did Whitney take it with…phone? what kind? I gotta get a new one and will need a good camera on it.
    She looks soooo healthy and more beautiful than ever! You go Whitney!

27. October 27, 2011 at 12:14 pm
    Shawakatima says:

She looks high as cooter brown here. Anyone who orders hemp-crusted codfish is caramelizing sugar on creme brulee with a crack pipe. She gone set those people’s wig on fire.

28. October 27, 2011 at 12:27 pm
    Isla says:

no jerk, she got the role because she owned the rights before and had been trying to get aaliyah baby girl haughton to star but she died. she been attached to this movie for years.

forgot to say whitney looks real nice

29. October 27, 2011 at 12:30 pm
    Quencie says:

Whitney LOOKS amazing. So looking forward to seeing Sparkle! I know she’s gonna knock it out the park per usual!

30. October 27, 2011 at 12:47 pm
    musique says:

Her voice won’t be back to The Bodyguard days but I believe they can be better than what she did on I Look to You cd which would be an improvement and I’d take it. Whitney’s voice is still there where she can sound amazing even if she isn’t singing as high and clear as the bodyguard. I’d take Just Whitney or My love is your love vocals.

She looks so regal and elegant!

31. October 27, 2011 at 12:50 pm
    luva says:

Go Whit! I will always love you!!!!

32. October 27, 2011 at 1:11 pm
    Legend Kelendria Rowland says:

LMFAO this bitchs voice does NOT sound amazing. her voice is CRAP.
    GONE
    OUT

Crack did the job.

THis screams cheap ass lifetime flick. as for dat soundtraq LMFAO who gonna buy this c list urban shiz?? Hoodrats most likely Speaking of soundtraq whos gonna do the singing? Hope its Jordin. Whitney? She CANT SING. Her voice always cracks LMFAO

~~
    Support MS Kelly #LAYITONME

33. October 27, 2011 at 3:41 pm
    hannah says:

Go Whit! Looking great, can’t wait for the movie.

34. October 27, 2011 at 4:49 pm
    Undisputed says:

I swear this woman has 9 lives! Then again she is a LEO! Way to go Nippy! Can’t wait to see you on the “Diamond Screen”.

35. October 27, 2011 at 9:04 pm
    JERMAINE says:

I really wish AALIYAH was still here to play the title role of Sparkle Williams.

36. October 27, 2011 at 9:14 pm
    karen says:

I can not wait to see this movie. So glad Whitney is doing her thing. There has never been a better female singer.

37. October 27, 2011 at 11:27 pm
    STANNSFORWHITNEYHOUSTON says:

@ Kelendria Rowland- take several seats fugly- the tribe has spoken and word is Whitney slayed, DEAL!!!

My Empress is looking SENSATIONAL!!!! Her and Mike Epps would make a nice suit imo hehe…Can’twait to see the promo trailer shux exciting times ahead for our phenominal lady :) #GREATESTOFALL-TIME

38. October 28, 2011 at 12:43 am
    king says:

Whitney looks really nice here, actually really pretty

39. October 28, 2011 at 3:11 am
    | Hip Hop Illustrated says:

[…] Spotted on TGJ […]

40. Vote

[…] Whitney look great?! ( Spotted on TGJ […]

41. October 28, 2011 at 10:35 am
    Africanbro says:

I am wondering….will she RE-RECORD or will they include her version of Look into your heart?? I hope they feature her version that was released in the 90s on the B Side of Count on Me single.
    I hope they include that version of Whitney.
    p/s if you have never heard Whitney’s version look it up on youtube.

42. October 28, 2011 at 10:49 am
    LeVar says:

Glad to hear these reviews. Everyone, even the haters, are secretly pulling for Whitney. She’s our “1st Black Princess” as Oprah proclaimed.

43. October 28, 2011 at 11:18 pm
    djkimya says:

Everyone is put here for a purpose. Whitney has always been true to herself and has always been constant in communicating whence her blessing flows…She began sharing her gift at 5 years old…43years later, why wouldnt she still be sharing it. God has a way of showing you who his people are..they do magnifcent things..they show how he loves us unconditionally…Whitney is just like you and me…we are not perfect but we are his children and what he puts in us is a reflection of the power of his love. …Just make sure we buy a ticket to the film..make sure the tix says Sparkle and purchase the soundtrack..Her hard work should generate a nice gift for her and her family..after all when you work hard there should be a nice payoff!!…CONGRATS TO THE QUEEN OF LOVE!!…WHITNEY HOUSTON!

44. October 29, 2011 at 5:09 pm
    Gurshwin says:

You go Nippy. Let me jst say tht jealousy is a freedom 4 haters. I knw she goin to kill it coz she has a voice for gospel. Im so luking 4ward coz im goin to buy tht soundtrack. Tell me wht singer cn move a crew? No one but Whitney. She did it in the 80s 90s and yet will she b doin it in the future. Im waiting 4 u in SA

45. Vote

[…] female pop ish on smash for 10 years. Whitney Houston is back  and according to the people over at That Grape Juice Whitney is back like she never left. They say Whit seems to have gotten her voice back and is back […]

46. October 30, 2011 at 5:41 pm
    shawakatima says:

She is cooked! Heard her p ussy smells like an ashtray. She can’t have oral now cuz her teeth will fall out.

47. November 2, 2011 at 10:30 am
    crack0back0 says:

she gained weight and she looks so HEALTHY! im so happy 4 r….i hope she still this way…bcuz they ain´t make singers like r anymore! SO KEEP YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT DIVA
    ps: AND WITHNEY….LEGGO DAT DEM DRUGS ….IT KILLS…DAMN GIRL HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO TELL U DA SAME F**** THINGS….LMFAO

48. November 4, 2011 at 8:40 am
    Whitney Houston - Sparkle - Pagina 5 says:

[…] precedente! Ecco il sito per poter legegre l'articolo ed i messaggi pubblicati su twitter! Hot Shot: Whitney Houston Shines On Set Of ‘Sparkle’ | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrape… The hearts I have touched will be the proof that I leave…that I made a difference, and this […]

49. November 17, 2011 at 10:43 pm
    sofaro says:

How many times have we heard she is backi. She is a wack job why don’t she just go somewhere and sit it on down. Her speaking voice is horrible to listen to. She is always hoarse and sounds like she just had a blunt. She waisted a gift from God and my guess is that she still hits that pipe along with all the wrong foods making her a pot belly b****.

50. December 1, 2011 at 6:46 am
    Nahum says:

I noticed that there are alot of whitney haters,well she got nothin but luv for ya.she is beieng scrutinizd by them hater & media,for her shortcmings’but one thing i love bout this lady is that she is still standin,u knw why’cauz she is a woman of God.people keep ssyn she wnt get her golden voice back,but wth God evrythn is possble.haters hve always been afraid of Whitney becauseof her worlwide success and influence in the indystry.thats why they if whitney was to be spoken in media is jst the’she wnt mke it,drugs,but u knw you cant hide the fact that she still has power.For thse who r saying the film is of low standards,well whitney is not for publicity’she makes it because she loves what she does.thats what makes whitney so unique frm other artist!to conclude,Im so sick and tired of Media propoganda,tryindemote whitney,whitney houston is the best selling black female artist with more than 200 million records.stop using Mariah as a bargaining chip for racial issues.There Ive said it.