Hot Shots: Usher Goes Back To Basics

Fans of R&B veteran Usher will undoubtedly be saying ‘O.M.G.’ after getting a load of some snapshots he unveiled today.  The Grammy winning crooner, whose ‘Promise’ saw his name perched atop Billboard Hot Latin tracks this week, took to Twitter to introduce fans to the new/old him – losing the scruffy look he has rocked for quite some time now.

While Raymond did reveal he is “studying for a major movie role” (although he did not indicate if the look was in conjunction with the film), is the ‘My Way’ singer headed the wrong way with this look?

More of Mr. Nice & Slow below:

Sponsored

1. October 30, 2011 at 8:56 pm
    A.MILIAN says:

UGH THIS LOOKS A MESS…. MID LIFE CRISIS…. FACIAL HAIR FITS HIT…

2. October 30, 2011 at 8:57 pm
    A.MILIAN says:

UGH THIS LOOKS A MESS…. MID LIFE CRISIS…. FACIAL HAIR FITS HIM…

3. October 30, 2011 at 8:57 pm
    KenKen says:

Fake @ss Maxwell, lol

4. October 30, 2011 at 9:07 pm
    The Truth says:

GORGEOUS!

5. October 30, 2011 at 9:07 pm
    Nicole says:

I don’t like it. He looks better with facial hair at least a little bit. I hope he gets the role though.

6. October 30, 2011 at 9:26 pm
    rihluv says:

omg he looks sooo q**** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone just flew out the closet!

7. October 30, 2011 at 9:28 pm
    Jordan says:

He looks like he did when he came out with his first album with Diddy.

8. October 30, 2011 at 9:31 pm
    NATALIE THE NAVY GIRL says:

He looks a bit fruity in those pics. Lol.

9. October 30, 2011 at 9:32 pm
    VA STAND UP!! says:

Well, he looks a lot better but he does look odd in the first, he has some serious bags under his eyes. I wish he would just cut that damn hair and get a nice low cut. He would look so much better. he should have kept the beard and cut his hair. I don’t mind a man with facial hair as long as he keeps it trim. *shrugs*

I do think he has lost his s** appeal though. It doesn’t look like he is gonna age too well.

10. October 30, 2011 at 9:37 pm
    jamir21: says:

@ Natalie the Navy Girl
    I am getting all Rihanna and Beyonce stuff for my birthday and christmas <3 <3 <3

11. October 30, 2011 at 9:48 pm
    jesse lopez says:

who is that old shaved head woman??

no seriously he looks like an old gay queen.he needs to rid himself of that hair atop his head and moisturize.

12. October 30, 2011 at 9:50 pm
    JENNY JONES!! says:

HE SHOULD’VE CLEANED UP THE BEARD AND GOT A HAIRCUT. THAT HEAD STILL LOOKS A MESS. HE WASN’T THAT CUTE TO START WITH AND HE HAS LOST WHAT S*** SWAG HE HAD. KARMA’S A B*TCH!!!……..JENNY JONES!!!1

13. October 30, 2011 at 9:55 pm
    RATEDXx(delusional is a hell of a drug) says:

Usher never did anything for me..i never saw him as s*** or anything….

hes voice annoys me..

his face annoys me….

but he is packing though…lol

nah hes still annoying

14. October 30, 2011 at 9:59 pm
    Onyx says:

Well, he always looks ugly to me, but this is scary, don’t lying to ourselves, this guy is not cute, some people are just ridiculous, they make comments like “beautiful” and “cute” because they know that he looks horrible and there will be people like me who find it horrifying. No hate but the truth hurts sometimes.

15. October 30, 2011 at 10:00 pm
    D-MONEY says:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM DEAD
    THIS N**** LOOKS GAY AS S***

16. October 30, 2011 at 10:11 pm
    SNAFU says:

Usher? LOL @ the 1st pic.

P.S. The little mohawk/mullet thing? GOTTA GO. -_-

17. October 30, 2011 at 10:19 pm
    I'ma have to send her back to her maker says:

fat ass nose. LOL. I never found him attractive tho. Thanks for posting this to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

18. October 30, 2011 at 11:54 pm
    Ren says:

Whatever. Usher sold out to corny Pop audiences, therefore I have no respect for him anyone. I don’t give a damn what he did with his facial hair.

Sellout.

What the hell kind of black man makes dance pop?

19. October 31, 2011 at 12:05 am
    aitriz carolina says:

OMG Lady Gaga present “Marry the Night” acustic!!!! – http://3xtras.net/2011/10/lady-gaga-presenta-marry-the-night/

20. October 31, 2011 at 2:07 am
    HALF AMAZIN says:

In addition to shaving the beard, he should have also cut his hair to avoid the “fruity” insinuations. He looks the way he did when he premiered as a teen which is not the way his current audience remembers him. Unless this is for a movie role/audition or a return to and R&B sound, I think its unecessary as a “new look”. Perhaps its for attention.

21. October 31, 2011 at 3:53 am
    TY says:

Wow is he aging!! Hims sans facial hair…not a good luck!! I know someone that looks JUST like him..almost f****** identical..would post the pic, but he’d be pissed. ..Anyways, yes, he is VERY gay, smh!!

22. October 31, 2011 at 3:53 am
    KD says:

N.O.

23. October 31, 2011 at 4:04 am
    tgj commentators are haters says:

Im sure he looks better than

Than every last one of yall haters.
    He looks like he did the my way era
    Plus if usher isn’t cute Chris brown isn’t.
    Plus he is in his 30’s he looks young.

I swear with you f*** on here if it isn’t

Beyonce,rhianna,Katy,or gaga yall gotta talk s***

24. October 31, 2011 at 5:12 am
    jesse lopez says:

^^ shut up b****!

@REN
    are you really that stupid and racist?? who the f*** wrote a music bible that said black people can’t make pop music? why do black people have to be in a box your unusable brain was left in? talking about what black man makes pop dance music….b**** the kind that gets paid to do so and who possibly enjoys it but was scared idiotic blacks were going to call him a sellout wanna be white man. soooo stupid and childish,get off of the net and go pick up a book or two and whilst out there see about getting a brain as well! stupid ass f****** b****!!

damn you pissed me off early!! had the nerve to have an actual atittude with this unattractive man for his music genre? gurl hi, bye, send me a postcard.

25. October 31, 2011 at 5:20 am
    YAAAS BOO! says:

Holy s*** Usher is f****** ugly!!!

26. October 31, 2011 at 5:32 am
    MINDBLOWIN says:

Um I don’t like his hair cut AT ALL 🙁 IDK IF IT SUPPOSE TO BE A BOX OR MOHAWK OR A COMBINATION OF BOTH EITHER WAY I DO NOT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!

27. October 31, 2011 at 5:54 am
    SHESDUMB says:

WTF IS THIS N**** DOING?

28. October 31, 2011 at 7:08 am
    tyra says:

@ JESSE LOPEZ WHY DO U THINK BLACK PPL WILL NVR GO FAR IF U TRY TO DOIN SOIN DIFFRENT THEY ABANDON U AND CALL U A SELL OUT NOTHING BUT CRABS IN A BARRELL TRUST ME I BEEN DER U BUY A SHINY NEW CAR SUDDENLY NOONE WANTS TO TALK TO U NOMORE LOL

29. October 31, 2011 at 7:10 am
    YES BEYONCE LIES says:

he fine

30. October 31, 2011 at 7:36 am
    Tehara says:

He should’ve shave the hair instead … I like men when they’re scruffy , but the hair has to go .

31. October 31, 2011 at 9:51 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

NO!He is undeniably getting older (which would be a great thing if his music was getting more mature too, btw).Well, I won’t judge his whole look based on one picture, but this picture is pretty horrible.Granted that his his abs and his looks have been the key element to his success since the beginning, he needs to be just a little more careful 😉 😛

Anyway, I’ll be checking for his new material and I hope that he will spice things up a little bit this time around….

32. October 31, 2011 at 10:25 am
    wintz says:

Smh sad thing to witness men going through mid-life crisis… the clean shaved face only shows up his wrinkles. He actually looks older now.

33. October 31, 2011 at 10:25 am
    Save The F*****' Muzik!¡™ says:

Glad I was born 90

34. October 31, 2011 at 10:44 am
    tjtre says:

I love what people said here ,I am a 28-years lady ,beautiful and mature . Now I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , my friends told me a nice place —Agemingle .CòM —–Where you can find a rich soul mate.U should check it out…w4tr32

35. October 31, 2011 at 11:03 am
    ree says:

Usher is sweeter than candy on Halloween.. I bet he wants a trick and a treat……………..lmao

36. October 31, 2011 at 11:19 am
    sbrom says:

haha i think he looks cute. I heard about an exciting collaboration recently, he’s being featured on Romeo Santos’ new album Formula Vol. 1. Romeo’s first single “Promise” features Usher, check it out http://vevo.ly/pGVHrC

37. October 31, 2011 at 11:44 am
    pop royalty ( RUDE BOY) a rihannanavy member who respect beyonce says:

he looks a HOT ASS MESS !! i can’t believe he’s my fav male artist !!

@ASAP :

USHER is kown for his abs and LOOKS ” and it was the key to his success ” ?!!!!!!! 😯 ! don’t b**** about USHER please. he’s the male BEYONCE to ME. just that !
    he can sing
    he can dance
    he can perform
    he’s a WW m********* !!

now WHAT ?!!

and his songs aren’t mature ?!!! 😯

BOY BYEEEEEE !!! 😡

and i can’t imagine u just typed the whole “maturity” thing ! u clearly don’t have his discography to judge properly !!

38. October 31, 2011 at 12:40 pm
    Robier says:

Noooooooooooo

39. October 31, 2011 at 1:24 pm
    NOPES says:

That is one ugly (RICH) m***********!
    I think he married that fat girl just to have kids.
    Check it out, Ricky Martin, Clay Aiken, and a few other “Gay” celebrities all had kids before the came “out”
    Usher needs to just address the fact that he is gay, nothing wrong with it, but I cant respect or support anyone who isn’t true to themselves!

40. October 31, 2011 at 2:13 pm
    Hypnotized! says:

I thought he looked cute!

41. October 31, 2011 at 3:11 pm
    caramel215 says:

I’m happy he cut that wolf off but you can also tell he’s aging. Now cut the top off and then maybe you’ll look cute maybe :/

42. October 31, 2011 at 5:09 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

@POP
    CHILL!I was talking about ‘Raymond Vs Raymond’ which was a lyrical step back compared to ‘Here I Stand’.And don’t even get me started about the abs, please.He has been marketing them to push his music since his first single.Just find ALL his single covers.I’m sure that he is half-naked on at leas 20% of them 😉

43. October 31, 2011 at 5:46 pm
    CDarayl says:

Wow he looks freakishly young! H needs to bring the beard back, quick! SpreadDaWord.com

44. November 2, 2011 at 12:31 am
    chile says:

LMFAOOO!! OLDsher looks a fruity mess!