Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

From The Vault: Destiny’s Child – ’8 Days of Christmas’

Happy Christmas to all our That Grape Juice readers. We hope the holidays are treating you oh so well.

In embracing the the festive spirit, our From The Vault pick this week is Destiny’s Child‘s ’8 Days Of Christmas’.

Released as the first single of their holiday album of the same name, the cut – which was released in Winter 2001) is a fan favourite and a R&B classic.

The track amazingly blends traditional hooks (the core of the song is an interpolation of the carol ‘Twelve Days Of Christmas’) and modern Urban beats. It also doesn’t hurt that their world-renown 3-part harmonies are on full display – showcased at its most stellar with the choir-like breakdown.

The accompanying video sees the three diva’s dressed in sexy Santa outfits, parading around a Christmas-themed toy store, complete with a carousel and all. All very standard-festive-fare. Yet, we love it all the same.

So, as you stuff your belly with all that fierce food, hit ‘PLAY’ and let DC3 take you back!

Merry Christmas!

• December 25, 2011 at 10:25 am
    Lola says:

My Faveeeeee Christmas Song.

• December 25, 2011 at 10:25 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Love this song so much, so good! Got it on replay!

• December 25, 2011 at 10:26 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Also the video is smoking, love it!
    @YOOSONDALOOSE

• December 25, 2011 at 10:29 am
    bey'knight says:

u mean 2001?

Bey’s lacefront in the vid is everything

Kelly was smoking hot,

one of the rare DC vids where Michelle looks foine

On the 8th day of christmas, my baby ga’ to me a dish full of grilled crab-stuffed chicken breasts :D

• December 25, 2011 at 10:36 am
    bey'knight says:

u guys heard home for the holidays? its my fav holiday song by them, makes u fel like u eating some tantalizing food

• December 25, 2011 at 10:43 am
    GREG says:

yea i remember when this was released i was thinking they should have released a CD with just the standard christmas songs….it would be classic and still sell to this day…. when you speak of chloe shades and all that you just date the CD…..

• December 25, 2011 at 11:28 am
    fatu sankoh says:

i love that christmass song that was my favorite to this day god bless them

• December 25, 2011 at 1:12 pm
    @Rihject says:

Christmas just doesnt feel like Christmas unless i hear this song!! *sigh* this takes me back to the pre-teen years :) LOVEDDDDDD DC!

• December 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm
    JohnVidal says:

Really no hating guys! I agree Beyonce is very talented and all that so don´t come for me please. But are you serious when saying this is great? It must be one of the worse original Xmas songs ever released. It´s almost awful. I also remember their Xmas album being a huge flop, and they were at the peak of their popularity as a group
    Compared to any other big act Xmas album this is really bad, vocally and in all fronts

• December 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm
    Maurice Williams Sr says:

Merry Christmas Beyonce, Kelly @ Michelle… It’s Time To Unlock The Vault..lol

• December 25, 2011 at 2:15 pm
    ISTANN4GAGA says:

I just seen this video on MTV.Takes me back to third grade.

• December 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm
    B says:

@ Bey’Knight

Now You Being A B Stan You Should Know That’s NOT A Lace Front…Lol….Those Are Micro Braids….B Didn’t Start Wearing Lace Fronts Till The Dangerously In Love Era….*And The Oprah Taping Where They Performed The Christmas Songs…..

• December 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm
    THE GREAT LACEFRONCE. says:

SHITE group with SHITE music

• December 25, 2011 at 2:56 pm
    bey'knight says:

@B

i stand corrected. Thanks but please dont refer to me as a stan. i hate that terminology and what it connotes. Beyonce’s my favourite artist, tis all :)

• December 25, 2011 at 11:42 pm
    Fatima says:

I am Beyonce obsessed but this is one of the most embarrassing songs of all time. Seriously, it is hilariously terrible.

• December 26, 2011 at 11:25 pm
    Jonathan Gardner says:

Michelle looks absolutely flawless in this video

• December 27, 2011 at 1:40 am
    Shawn152 says:

I always thought they should of released Spread A Little love on Christmas Day or Opera Of The Bells as the First Single off the Christmas album. Still love the cd though. It takes me back to when I was DC Obsessed ! lol Side Note : did anyone see Michelle tweet about playing this cd on Christmas ?