Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Christina Aguilera Addresses Weight Drama

christina aguilera weight Christina Aguilera Addresses Weight Drama

The last year has seen Pop diva Christina Aguilera become as renown for her weight as she is for her voice.

Indeed, many a media headline has taken aim at the singer’s “new figure”, with some sects concerned about how it’ll affect her career in today’s image-focal industry.

Never one to shy away from direct questions, the 31 year old broke her silence on the topic on everyone’s lips while promoting season 2 of The Voice yesterday.

Find out what she had to say after the jump…

Speaking on the media scrutiny of her weight at TCA’s press call in Pasadena last night, Aguilera offered:

“I’ve been in this for a long time. I came out on the scene when I was 17 years old. ‘You can never be too much of anything. You can never be too prefect, too thin, too curvy, too voluptuous,’ this, that. I’ve been on all sides of the spectrum.. [Every] female in this business at one time or another has had criticism… and I’m always a risk taker too.

I’m very confident in my body. I think my video works over the years have spoken to that… I’ve been no stranger to being very comfortable in my own skin.

As long as I’m happy in my own skin, that’s all I need, that’s all the confirmation I need. I’m happy where I am, I have a boyfriend love that loves my body, I love my body, my son is healthy and happy. That’s all that matters.”

——————————–

Aguilera’s aptly titled new single ‘Love Your Body’ is set to premiere within the weeks ahead.

• January 7, 2012 at 7:03 am
    Miss frappe says:

Right On!
    its all about confidence.. :)
    <3 xtina

• January 7, 2012 at 7:17 am
    MRDIVABITCH says:

I got no problems with her weight gain
    But she should DEFINETELY learn to dress for her current body type
    She isn’t a size 0 anymore, she is more likely an 8 AT THE VERY LEAST
    That means stop wearing outfits that you would need to be 100 lbs and 5’10” to pull off.
    It also means knowing what looks good and what doesn’t
    And sorry daaaahling but you are 30+ and your face cannot take the same amount of make up and such strong colors as it could when you were 18.
    So…learn to dress more sophisticated and for your current size instead of still dressing as if you were size 0 being size 8, and darken the shade of blonde and start wearing more earth tones in the make up instead of electric blue/ hot pink / bright red / purple which makes her look like a transexual clown.

• January 7, 2012 at 7:17 am
    .KenUDIGME says:

Lying to herself.

• January 7, 2012 at 7:22 am
    supabass says:

She looks like shes eaten all the contestants!!!
    Poor dear…. Hit the gym!!
    coz no1s gonna wanna love your body any time soon.

• January 7, 2012 at 7:34 am
    NICK says:

well said girl, all right nah-

• January 7, 2012 at 7:39 am
    MISHKA says:

She’s not so overweight, she refuses to dress her actual size, that’s it.

Okay people, look at the ‘Bionic’ (released in 2010) avatar on the right and look at her on this post. When you put some much weight in less than a year, there’s nothing to be comfortable with.

This has got to be some case of severe depression she’s going / went through, notably due to the failure of ‘Bionic’ and her divorce.

• January 7, 2012 at 7:42 am
    Royalkev says:

I’m not worried about Xtina. After ‘Bionic’ lost steam it was her official off season and there’s nothing wrong with gaining a few extra pounds then. Trust me, Chrissy will be back in shape when the album drops. She has done this before, she started getting thick ever since she was touring with Justin. Fast forward to the start of the Bionic project she was super thin. She’ll do it again!

• January 7, 2012 at 7:54 am
    Imgunnacheckuboo says:

I like that comment. Though still, I’ll be surprised if she doesn’t drop a few lbs right before or after her record comes out.

• January 7, 2012 at 8:01 am
    SLAYFANISTANN says:

Ehhhhh,I could care less about Xtina’s weight tbh

BUT

She could pull a Janet Jackson on us and shed all those lbs off,you may never know…

Also,she shouldn’t wear clothes that make her feel as if she’s bursting at the seams.There are clothing lines for the Thick ‘n’ fabulous out there.

• January 7, 2012 at 8:21 am
    Lol says:

Slayfanistann maybe shell pull a j HUD to get some weight loss endorsements !!! 1 800 Jenny 20 holla!!!

• January 7, 2012 at 8:32 am
    Xadax says:

She’s smarter & richer than any of you.

• January 7, 2012 at 8:34 am
    COMMON says:

She needs to call Jenny

• January 7, 2012 at 8:49 am
    Jaa says:

She should so what makes her comfortable. Looking at these comments, I feel like y’all are bring cruel rather than constructive.
    Celebs are human, and let’s not forget that. Her talent will still shine, and I think the weight makes her more relatable if anything.

• January 7, 2012 at 8:52 am
    twosilk says:

If people behind computer screens dealt with their own insecurities, they would care much less about something as trivial as Christina Aguilera’s size.

But instead, people are uncomfortable with a woman who embraces, what society sees as, her flaw.

Learn to embrace your own too.

• January 7, 2012 at 9:08 am
    Xadax says:

She can wear whatever she wants, just like how she wore those assless chaps & slapped it to all of yo faces.

• January 7, 2012 at 9:41 am
    aishaaguilerakeys says:

In other words, “mind ur asses”. She’s right, I completely agree w/ her – all that matters is the music, nothing but the music.

• January 7, 2012 at 9:53 am
    Trollface112 says:

We don’t all look like prepubescent boys with breast implants.

• January 7, 2012 at 10:36 am
    pop royalty ( The BeyHive ) says:

i’m completely agree with her .

and she can dress however she like and eat whatever she like and do what she please.
    AN ADELE-inspired artist. CLEARLY ! and in a good way ;)

adele just re-shaped the way ppl think about fat ppl ! they are still humans who need to be treated humanely.

adele being on the cover of UK vogue >>>>>>

TOTALLY love the way this b**** ” xtina” think. i love her confidence ! she is always confident and that’s one of the reasons i like her. ” minus her bitchy attitude of course :x

she gained a new STAN.

LOVE YOUR BODY :)

• January 7, 2012 at 10:37 am
    Unitedasone says:

Weight is not that important. What’s important is whether or not she is able to come out with a decent album. I don’t think she is at a dangerous weight. Some people are dangerously overweight. It does not look like she has reached that point. However I do think its important to eat healthy. If you can eat organic then by all means do so.

• January 7, 2012 at 10:39 am
    pop royalty ( The BeyHive ) says:

however=whatever*

• January 7, 2012 at 11:15 am
    Roman says:

Sextina needs to stop making w**** sounding music —> 1. She’s too old 2. If she tries to dance, she’s gunna wobble too much! How she gunna promote f*** You Body when she can’t even mover her own?.. Aint nobody gunna love those saggy titties baby…

• January 7, 2012 at 11:17 am
    @antertain says:

GOOD GIRL!!!!

• January 7, 2012 at 11:17 am
    Amy says:

And this is why I love her…she exudes confidence and doesn’t give a crap what any of you think, she’s all about her music! I can’t wait for her new CD/the voice to start.

• January 7, 2012 at 11:24 am
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

that’s my girl,sheer talent

cant wait for the song OMG

• January 7, 2012 at 11:31 am
    pop royalty ( The BeyHive ) says:

@ROMAN :

f*** your body is not necessarily about SEX.

IT CAN BE LIKE :

f*** your BRAIN ! ;)

maybe she is going to make ppl proud about their body image and that is the real meaning of the song :) ! who knows ?! ;)

• January 7, 2012 at 11:43 am
    commanderofthedancefloor says:

i think it is good that she is comfortable with whatever size she is that is something alot of women should take note from to just be comfortable with yourself!!!

on another note when the hell is f***/Love your body suppose to drop i cant wait to her what it sounds like

• January 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

Tell em girl!!It’s ridiculous how much shade she got for gaining some lbs.For God’s sake, people have forgotten the definition of “fat”.Size 0 women are not the only type of females that aren’t fat!

Anyway, Christina always gains some weight before the beginning of an album campaign, but when she starts rehearsing about performances, she starts shedding them.The song is rumoured to be upbeat, so she’s going to lose some weight anyway before the performances.And also, in the behind the scenes footage of ‘The Vocie’ that she’s wearing loose black clothes, she looks like she did back in 2002, if not cuter :wink:

GO CHRISTINA!!Bring on ‘Love Your Body’

• January 7, 2012 at 12:54 pm
    ChristinasCOMING says:

This is why I love Christina!

She doesn’t give a f*** what people have to say or feel about her! Because of that, it’s came with a whole new territory of getting labeled a stuck up cocky b**** with a nasty attitude and she’s wearing that label proudly. That’s why I love my Christina!

• January 7, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    Christina Aguilera Addresses Weight Drama says:

[...] [...]

• January 7, 2012 at 1:04 pm
    NIkNak says:

she needs to put a bra on.

• January 7, 2012 at 1:25 pm
    gangster love says:

well said Christina! If youre happy&healthy
    that is all thats matter. Looking good baby.

• January 7, 2012 at 1:34 pm
    xoxo says:

cant wait for her album! atleast she isnt like “be yourself” but then constantly getting plastic surgery like the rest of the “singers”

• January 7, 2012 at 1:42 pm
    TAYLOR SWIFTS NUMBER 1 FAN!!! says:

braless is the way to go.

• January 7, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    LAX says:

i’m sorry she is fat and she need to loose it quic…no one is gonna buy her album because she is FAT!!!!

Look at her she look lie rosie o donald W.T.F

We want the Old Xtina…Ewww

• January 7, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    RHI RHI IS QUEEN says:

WHY DOES ALL FAT PEOPLE SAY THAT?

• January 7, 2012 at 2:57 pm
    #1QueenGaga says:

Damn!!!! She’s looking more like her mom and that’s not a good thing. So that means if she decides to lose weight then she’s a hypocritical b****!! This fat pig is full of herself

• January 7, 2012 at 3:01 pm
    LAX says:

@RHI RHI IS QUEEN

She is Lying!!!!!! She know she fat and not happy……..I bet you she gonna lose that weigh and end up like Jen Hudson and do a whole bunch of weight watchers commercial

• January 7, 2012 at 3:49 pm
    ChristinasCOMING says:

Since when did one’s weight determine how they’re albums perform?

To say her album is going to flop because of her weight is STUPID as s***!

Y’all are just scared that Christina’s comeback is going to knock all your favs back off the charts and she WILL!

Like Christina said in Keeps Gettin Better “Yes I know what I am and no I don’t give a damn and you’ll be loving it!”

• January 7, 2012 at 3:49 pm
    Vegas Girl says:

Well what else is she going to say? ” I’m fat and I hate my body?”. Absolutely not .

She’s always spoken about being comfortable in her skin but her boob job( done years ago) has ALWAYS suggested otherwise. ( and please don’t say she didn’t get one because it is obvious, just look at pictured before and after bionic)

It’s got to be hard to be a female public figure
    and have people commenting on your looks, so you would have to build up a thick skin. I think she will lose some weight, it’s also a great way to get positive media attention.

People use Adele as an example of size in the industry but if you compare 19 Adele to 21 Adele, she has lost a significant amount
    Of weight too. J HUD used to say she loved her curves but as soon as she lost weight, suddenly she was LOVING her new body ( and those paychecks$)! So basically they all say that they are confident because what else is there to say!

• January 7, 2012 at 8:27 pm
    Voicelera, the voice of reason sh*ts on the haters says:

Christina can be 0,0000000000000001 pound or 9999999999999,999999999 pounds.

I don’t give a flying gigantic f*ck about other people’s f*cking weight or hair color or whatever the f*ck. LMAO.

Christina Aguilera remains my favorite pop singer of all times. Her discography and her voice are THE BEST.

Christina takes a sh*t on all her brainless haters.

I can’t wait for the new album!!!!! 2012!!!!!!!!!

• January 7, 2012 at 10:40 pm
    Theman says:

She’s amazing… She isn’t really that huge, she just carries a small frame. She’s beautiful though.

• January 7, 2012 at 11:19 pm
    Teflon Boy says:

It’s all about the Confidence #Gok Wan

Christina can do her…, her answer is just what girls need to be hearing, right now she is healthy and relateable…, and she’s right, she got scrutinized at the beginning of her career for looking anorexic and now for being over-weight. Both times she maintained her stance and didn’t hide herself away or buck to the pressure…, in all honesty, with Adele ruling the charts globally the idea that u have to be a size zero or a gym bunny in order to deliver a quality album is outdated…, if she releases great music at her current weight and it does well, just watch the popstar body ideal switch from ‘unachievable’ to ‘normal’ and more curvy popstars flood onto the market. Also, I quite like the idea of a plus size era from her…, as if nothing else it gives the next project an added dimension.

• January 8, 2012 at 1:30 am
    LaLa says:

She’s right! & we all should be happy with our own skin :)

so many insecure people in here, bitching like they are know the best, while only commenting negative things behind their computer. In here, she proved to me that she didn’t care about negative crap thrown to her this past years/decade. She true to herself :)

She is Beautiful no matter what they say <3

• January 8, 2012 at 2:24 am
    Saetana says:

Its not her size that is the problem – its her awful dress sense, she dresses as if she was still as thin as her pre-baby days. Get a decent stylist and she would look much better. The dress she is wearing in that picture is giving her boobs no support at all and its far from flattering, within reason size really doesn’t matter (she is hardly obese by any stretch of the imagination) but all the time she is wearing those awful clothes she has been seen in of late she will continue to attract criticism. I still shudder over how she looked at the MJ Tribute concert, its an image problem not a weight problem ;o)

• January 8, 2012 at 2:40 am
    LaLa says:

THE VOICE new Promo :D *so excited*

• January 8, 2012 at 2:43 am
    irene46 says:

@ saetana…

i agree wholeheartedly. she is in desperate need of a stylist who knows how to dress her for her body type. whether she has a small or a slightly fuller figure, her fans want her to look her very best. she is able to look as good as she sounds. christina needs to show she ‘loves her body’ by dressing it well.

it seems silly to suggest that extra pounds are going to keep anyone from buying her music unless the media constantly detracts from her record by making a big ugly thing of it.

• January 8, 2012 at 8:21 am
    linker nippel says:

she is amazing
    she is a real artist with a mind and with amazing lyrics
    she is special and i love her
    i dont understand why the lessers hating but its just jealousy
    she will rock 2012
    keep on singing your song xtina
    LOVE YOUR BODY #XTINA2012

• February 20, 2012 at 3:46 am
    jancee says:

I love to exercise to her genie in a bottle 2000 Christmas video! she has a fantastic voice! when I was 31, granted-I fussed over my weight and did stay around 100 lbs. 5’3″. but now i am 113 lbs. and older. It cannot be easy for her and other stars being so famous and have all your personals broadcast to the world. My heart goes out to her! she is a special lady!

• April 14, 2012 at 12:40 pm
    me says:

Marilyn Monroe wannabe is not happy with the weight because she’s losing it now on the voice so being a hypocrite is soo wrong.Christina is not confortable being Christina one bit if she was she wouldn’t be having all that plastic surgery to become Marilyn , in her Genie in the bottle days she was thin flat butt,flat boobs ,cute face and now she’s too changed .Celebs focus too much on changing their originality to become perfect and ruin their looks with all that plastic.I feel sorry for her.