To Our Readers

Kelly Rowland To Tribute Mariah Carey At BET Honors Ceremony

kelly mtv Kelly Rowland To Tribute Mariah Carey At BET Honors Ceremony

Whether you like it or not, Mariah Carey is a  Pop icon.

Cited for inspiring acts along the lines,Beyonce, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Lady GaGa and Leona Lewis, this year will see the belter honored for her contributions to music at the 2012 BET Honors Ceremony.

Today, groundbreaking details from the ceremony emerged which will be sure to strike up a number of varying opinions.

It has been confirmed that ‘Here I Am‘ diva Kelly Rowland  is to tribute her at the ceremony.

Details below…

The event’s press release reads:

The fifth annual BET HONORS gears up for a highly anticipated show, celebrating the outstanding achievements of extraordinary legends in music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education.

This will be a night filled with amazing performances including Kelly Rowland, singing a signature classic to Mariah Carey herself. The BET HONORS premieres during Black History Month, on Monday, February 13 at 9PM.

1. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:19 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

The side comment was dumb. Beyonce honored tina turner, patti labelle, whitney honored people, MARIAH honored people in her prime. I dont get where you are going with that. But I’m sure Kelly would shut it down.

2. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

Age and experience has nothing to do with who you are honoring you have older people far more experienced honoring younger people. That’s nothing new.

3. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm
    FanOfMusic says:

Is Kelly tributing Mariah a good idea?

Not really excited about hearing her sing a Mariah song. Mariah’s voice is legendary and her range is beyond ridiculous. She can go from the lowest of LOW to the highest of HIGH notes. Kelly is not vocally sickening enough to tackle a Mariah song IMO.

I wish Beyonce’s v***** wasn’t in recovery. Would have loved to hear her seranade Mimi.

4. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm

IM BACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

HOW THE HELL KELLY ROWLAND GONE PULL OFF A “MARIAH CAREY” BELTING “CLASSIC” SONG..SHE CANT PULL OFF A RIHANNA SONG! LMAO

5. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:28 pm
    smurfette says:

Why not. Alicia keys took part in a tribute for Prince, stevie wonder sang for alicia at the honours a while back.

6. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:29 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

I hope Kelly shocks yall. But no fantasia, no beyonce, Jhud anyone can do a Mariah song justice just because of her voice quality and range. Leona lewis is the only female who voice has similarities to mariah. But that doesn’t mean that others wont sound good making the song their own, so Kelly Row performing a Mariah song is an O.K. with me.

7. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:31 pm

YALL GIVING KELLY “NOBODY” WAYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOO MUCH TGJ

AND ITS FUNNY AS HELL TO EVERYONE
    NOW SHE MAY LOOK GOOD ON A PICTURE BUT I DONT RECALL HER HAVING ANY GRAMMYS AND DONT MENTION “DC’S” GRAMMIES BECAUSE THOSE ARE BEYONCE’S AND DONT MENTION “DILEMA” THAT IS “NELLY’S” AND HELL IF

I SAID IF…..MOTIVATION WINS A DAMN THING ITS “LIL WAYNES”

LOL

8. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:32 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

@Call Me A Hater you are just what your name says a Hater. Kelly won a Grammy for When love takes over but you wouldn’t know that cause you feed off of negativity.

9. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:33 pm

@EDWARDPONT

YOU SOUND STUPID AS HELLL

LOL AND I CAN TELL YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT VOCAL ABILITY OR ANYTHING ABOUT REAL ARTIST OR TALENT

TO SAY THAT FANTASIA OR BEYONCE CANT PULL OF A MARIAH SONG IS HILARIOUS. THOSE ARE REAL SINGERS WHO CAN PULL OFF ANY SONG AND MAKE IT THEIR OWN

BUT TO EVEN SAY KELLY “MAY” DO A GOOD JOB SHOWS THAT YOU DONT KNOW “s***”

LMAO

KELLY CANT EVEN SING THE FALSETTO ON “MOTIVATION” A “FASTFOOD” SONG AS TGJ WOULD SAY TO SELL A RECORD

10. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:35 pm

@EDWARDPONTON

NO I WOULDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A GRAMMY THAT ISNT NOTED…AND I RECALL PROBABLY 30 PEOPLE MAX GOING DOWN KELLY ROWLANDS SMALL SENTANCE OF CREDITS TO SEE WHAT SHE HAS ACHIEVEDS

LMAOOOOO

THE NAME IS FOR A DAMN FOOL LIKE YOU

11. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:38 pm

@EDWARDPONTON

I CAN SYMPATHIZE WITH U ALITTLE AND OTHER PEOPLE ON FEELING SORRY FOR KELLY, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE REAL WITH YOURSELF

KELLY WILL NEVER BE WHAT YOU WANT HER TO BE UNLESS SHE STARTS BEING TRUE TO HERSELF AND STOP BEING EVERYBODY ELSE AND I DONT EVEN THINK THAT LITTLE PERSON WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH

12. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:40 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRRRR says:

S.N. I THINK KELLY ROWLAND AND HER TEAM IS “ON THE LOW” PAYING TGJ FOR ALL THIS PRESS CAUSE NOBODY ELSE IS DOING IT, IVE NEVER SEEN KELLYS NAME ON A TV COMMERCIAL IN ABOUT A COUPLE OF YEARS TO DATE….OH ONLY ON BET(EBT)

13. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm
    jrizza says:

SHe is going to shut it down. all haters need to kill themselves.

14. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm
    Steph says:

the only ones who would do Mariah justice is Leona Lewis or Patti Labelle.

15. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm

EDWARDPONTON

PUNK ASS RAN AWAY…LOOK OF BEYONCES WALL OF GRAMMYS AND CHECK OUT HER OWN STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD BLVD AND COME BACK

OH AND ALSO MARIAHS STATUS TO DATE IS ICONIC FOR ALL YOU DUMMIES LIKE TGJ WHO THINK A NOBODY PRACTICALLY LIKE A CERTAIN KELLY CAN HONOR A SOMEBODY A CERTAIN GRAMMY AWARD WINNING, SOLD OUT TOUR DIVA AND HEADLINER MARIAH CAREY…!

16. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:44 pm
    Malay says:

f*** OFF SAM – MARIAH WHETHER PEOPLE LIKE IT OR NOT SHE IS THE HIGHEST SELLING FEMALE ARTIST OF ALL TIME….WHICH HAS JUST BEEN RE-AFFIRMED BY NIELSEN SOUNDSCAN THIS MONTH…..SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST SELLING SONGWRITERS TO THAT FACT ALSO AND TO EVEN DEMEAN THE FACT THAT SHE IS FINALLY BEING HONORED AT BET AS A PERSON OF ‘BLACK’ HERITAGE IS SOOO DISRESPECTFUL…..GET IT TOGETHER….! THIS MEANS ALOT BELIEVE ME

17. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    Matty says:

I think this is amazing!!! I think Kelly’s voice has a lot of surprises that the public hasn’t heard, I mean listen to Kelly on Pitbull’s “Castles made of Sand” >> I Think we’ll all be shocked by what Kelly does with a Mariah Classic!

I hope she does a medley; Like ‘Vision of Love + Heartbreaker + We Belong Together + Obsessed’ It would be amazing!!!

It would properly represent all the styles and era’s of MC’s career, and I think Kelly could really go something with these songs.

Rock this Tribute Kelly!!
    Mariah’s gonna be proud of ya gurl.

18. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:49 pm

@MATTY

REALLY!!!????

f*** OUT OF HERE

KELLY AND HER LITTLE SONGS CAN NEVER MATCH EVEN THE SLIGHTEST RUN OF VOCAL ABILITY MARIAH CAREY’S THIS WILL BE A LAUGHING STOCK

19. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:50 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

@Call Me A Hater lol you funny AF. Beyonce the best vocalist in the game. That doesn’t mean she is going to do a song justice. I said that any artist can make a song their own. I dont boost Kelly up to be anything more than what she is. I dont care if you dont like her, she’s great to me. That other s*** you was talking about….. you lost me youngin. No need for dispute no one’s stopping you from entertaining yourself

20. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:51 pm

@MATTY

ITS A REASON THAT SONG WITH PITBULL HASNT GONE ANYWHERE

AND JUST CAUSE KELLY TRIES HER HAND AT SOUNDING “CAUCASIAN” DOESNT MEAN SHE CAN PULL OFF A SOUL SINGERS SONG LIKE MARIAH

21. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:52 pm
    Girrrl says:

Kelly wasn’t even allowed to.sing lead in Destiny’s Child but she’s gonna slay a.Mariah track? I can hear her now….
    Sing a few lyrics lose breath a few more lyrics try to gyrate a few more lyrics flaunt her.tits repeat

22. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:53 pm
    ThankMeLater says:

@MATTY EXACTLY castle made of sand is my fav songs right now :’) and the christmas song with micheal buble was just BEYONDDDD AMAZING. I think she’s gonna kill it. Kelly is so underated. Watch out yall she going to shock us all.

23. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:53 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

Not to be disrespectful or nothing Mariah Carey cant even pull off her own s*** live

24. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:54 pm
    Anne says:

@EDWARDPONTON Kelly DID NOT win a Grammy for “When Love Takes Over,” although she received a nomination with David Guetta for the song, it only won in the category for “Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical (Electro Extended Remix)” and NOT in the category that Kelly was included in. The award went to David Guetta, the remixer.

25. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:57 pm

@ANNE

THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP….TGJ DOES THE SAME THING TRYING THEIR HAND AT MAKING HER LOOK SUCCESSFULL

AND LMAO @GIRRRLLL SAY THAT AGAIN

AND FOR ONCE I KIND OF AGREEE WITH

@EDWARDPONTON LOL ABOUT MARIAH

26. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:57 pm
    justchillin says:

Kudos to Mariah for not pickin predictable choices such as Leona or Christina. I’m dyin to see what Kelly does. & no I dont see anything wrong wit her tributing Mimi despite her yrs in the game. Patti tributes all the time. Even Mariah herself has. SN: I’m so tired of ppl throwin Grammy shade. So what if Bey (who I looove) has 16. The legendary Miss Ross has none. Whitney Patti Mariah Madonna who r all icons have less. Even the king himself.

27. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:58 pm

@ANNE Thanks for educating me. She did win one with Nelly though

28. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:59 pm

@THANKMELATER

YOU ARE SOOOOO FUNNY

NO ONE EVEN KNOWS WHAT PERFORMANCES FROM KELLY THAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT…LOL

AND TGJ WHAT HAPPENED TO KELLY PERFORMING ON THE d*** CLARK NYE SHOW

OOOPSSS YOU GOT THAT WRONG DIDNT YOU…THAT WAS BEY

29. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:00 pm
    Matty says:

@CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRRRR

Dude you need to calm downnnnn.
    It’s called a tribute not “Sing the song exactly the same as the orig. artist”. Kelly clearly takes A LOT of influence from MC in her styling (fashion/interview/song chooses). Never said i’m expecting a Mariah Signature high note (not even Leona Lewis can do it like MC). But a tribute from someone who’s obviously been inspired by Mariah, totally makes sense.

Last note, no need to shade ‘Castles made of Sand’ just cause it didn’t go number one doesn’t mean Kelly’s vocal performance wans’t Hawt. There’s been a lot of Sh*t that’s sat at number one for weeks. Don’t mean nothing.

30. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:00 pm

@EDWARDPONTON

DIDNT I TELL YOU THAT GRAMMY WAS “NELLYS”

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE KELLY CANT WIN ANYTHING SOLIDLY ON HER OWN AND THAT DILEMA SONG WAS NELLYS GRAMMY SHE WAS A FEATURE!!! LOL

JUST LIKE THE DAVID GUETTA

EVERYTHING WAS WRITTEN FOR HER…SHE PROBABLY…NO SHE DID GET PENNIES WHILE EVERYONE ELSE GOT PAID

LMAO

31. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:04 pm

@MATTY

TRUE ABOUT BILLBOARD

BUT I DONT EVEN RECOGNIZE KELLYS VOICE ON THE SONG CAUSE ONCE AGAIN SOMEONE WAS OUT SINGING HER…

AND I DONT CHILL WHEN IT COMES OT BEING RIGHT, I THINK YOUR JUST MAD CAUSE IM STATING FAST WITHOUT COMPARING HER TO OTHER PEOPLE WHO IS “BETTER” LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

KUDDOS TO KELLY FOR BOOKING THIS GIG, SHE NEEDS MONEY, RICO LOVE AND WAYNE IS REAPING THE BENEFITS OF “MOTIVATION”
    LMAO BUT SERIOUSLY SPEAKING

32. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:05 pm

@CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRRRR

Don’t talk about money cause she has enough to pay for your much needed college tuition

33. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:06 pm
    ThankMeLater says:

@CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRRRR Guess what? Kelly’s getting money and you’re not so build a bridge and get over it. Cause clearly you seem miserable.

34. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:08 pm
    Anne says:

Have to agree with the comment that Mariah has a hard time doing her own songs justice live although she is amazing in the studio. Guess we’ll have to wait and see how Kelly will do. I’ll admit that I would not be surprised if she picks an upbeat Mariah classic (with easier vocals) or lip synchs. Maybe I am underestimating Kelly, we’ll see.

35. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:10 pm
    Hassan says:

@EDWARDPONTON Mariah cant sing her own songs live? LOL either way they are her own songs! Let me clarify “own” written and produced by Mariah herself!

36. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:15 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

@Hassan s*** Im just saying, if other singers gone get downed for not being able to sing mariah songs then why not include her? She’s great no doubt, but I’m just saying Kelly hasn’t even performed the song yet and people already doubting her. I’m sure sh’es going to sound much better than the late 2000’s mariah.

37. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:15 pm
    o_O says:

Patti tributes artists, Stevie Wonder tributes, Gladys tributes, Chaka tributes, Shirley Ceasar tributes… among hosts of other veterans. This sounds more like a poorly written jab than anything else.

38. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:20 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

Meanwhile yall go check out me covering Kelly’s song “Keep It Between Us” http://www.twitvid.com/PDW1Z

39. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:24 pm
    BET DIShonors! says:

This is clearly about “CONNECTIONS”. THERE’S NO WAY IN HELL they pass on Leona Lewis, Christina Aguilera, or even Kelly Clarkson for KELLY?!?!?!????? KELLY could tribute Olivia or something, but Mariah???

40. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:24 pm
    TheMan4u says:

how hard is it to sing shake it off, or hero or really the majority of the songs mariah has released in the last 15 years? outside of songs like Bliss where her whistle register is dominant or without you, never too far, lead the way her only true power ballads the rest are really in Kelly’s range to sing

41. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:25 pm
    Bey'knight says:

Was this post edited cus i dont see no jab at Kelly whatsoever

42. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:25 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

LMAOOOOO

@EDWARDPONTON

I KNEW IT HAD TO BE A CATCH TO YOUR IGNORANT ILLUSIONS OF KELLY…AND MUSIC

YOU DO THAT SONG NO JUSTICE, AND F.Y.I YOU AND @MATTY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME ANS MY BANK STATEMENT AND I DONT CARE TO BRAG…AND I WONT COMMENT ON COLLEGE DEGREES LOL

KELLY DOES NOT HAVE MONEY TO BLOW…LETS BE REAL

43. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:26 pm
    chil says:

lol call me a hater must be a child..shouldnt you be reading our books young one

44. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:27 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

LOL @BETDISHONORS!

GO SING FOR OLIVIA

LOL

BUT ALL IM SAYING IS TGJ HAD GIVEN KELLY WAYYYYYY TOOOO MUCH AND I SET THEM STRAIGHT

45. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:28 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

@CHIL

A CHILD OF DESTINY LIKE BEY….AND CHIL YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH A KELLY PICTURE WHO HASNT GOT THE FUNDS TO PURCHASE A KELLY RECORD LET ALONE HAS CABLE TO WATCH THE BET SPECIAL SO GET THE HELL OUT OF HER

LOL

46. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:30 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

@Beyknight yeah it was just edited seems like

47. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:31 pm
    Bey'knight says:

@edwardponton

Wow loved it. I dunno if you’ll take this as a compliment but i gotta say, Kelly who?

48. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:31 pm
    ME MYSELF AND I says:

dead @ callme hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LMAO

i still love kelly tho

49. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:31 pm
    THE GREAT LACEFRONCE RETURNS. says:

Tribute Mariah Carey? When will Rihanna get a tribute ?????

50. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:32 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

@EDWARDPONTON

STICK TO WHATEVER YOU DO DURING THE “DAY” AND GO AND FIND SOMETHING CAUSE “SINGING” IS NOT IT!

LMAO

SERIOUSLY THO

51. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:33 pm
    Bey'knight says:

I have a special place for acapellas :)

52. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:33 pm

@Bey’knight Thanks alot.

53. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:33 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

@BEY’KNIGHT

GOT TO GIVE HIM THAT @EDWARD HE SUNG IT WITHOUT ALL THAT AUTOTUNE LIKE KELLY ROLL…BOY DID BOTH HE AND SHE f*** THAT ONE UP

54. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:35 pm
    chil says:

little girl..lol the way you speak clearly tells me you are an ignorant bitter child..who cares if TGJ gives kelly way too much credit..thats what FANS do..if you are not one..i suggest you remove yourself from this topic..the exit is to the left..and watch your step on the way out..

55. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:35 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

@THEGREATLACEFRONCE…..

LMAO YOU ARE GOIN TO MAKE EVERYONE GO CLEAN IN ON YOU BRING UP RIHANNA ON A MARIAH CAREY POST

LOL WHAT WERE YOU THINKING…RIHANNA GETTING HONORED BY WHO….NICKIMINAJ?????LOL

56. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:35 pm
    rob says:

Mariah knows not to pick one of the real sanging b****** cause she dont want to be put to shame , her voice is not what it was. Kelly can sing , and can sound pleasing to the ear , she wont shut it down , but she’ll do enough for ppl to wish it was Mariah performing LOL

57. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

@CHIL

THIS IS VERY ENTERTAINING TO ME AND JUS GOT REAL GOOD WHEN YOU ENTERED TO POST….BECAUSE YOUR THE ONLY FAN HERE!!! LOL OF A CERTAIN UNDERRATED ARTIST “YALL CALL” SOMEONE WHO DOESNT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE RATED!!!!LOL

58. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm
    Bey'knight says:

@edward

Thanks i thought as much

@call me haterr

Kii Stop playin mindgames!

59. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:38 pm
    "IM VERY RICH b****" says:

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN..KELLY VOICE IS VERY MEDIOKER…IF YOU LISTEN TO THE VOCALS ON MOTIVATION “I CANT TAKE THIS s***” HER VOICE HURT MY EARS….SHE HAS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR SO LONG THAT SHE IS JUST GETTING A LITTLE SHINE WHEN BEYONCE AINT OUT BC OF THE BABY…IM SORRY KELLY IS COOL BUT TO TRIBUTE TO MARIAH…I WONDER HOW SHE FEELS ABOUT THAT BC I KNOW SHE KNOWS WHO KELLY IS….I COULD SEE HER DOINT A TRIBUTE TO…UUUMMMMM, HMMMMMM..LETS SEEEEEEE,OK, TO HER DAMN SELF THATS WHO OR MICHELE WILLIAMS

60. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:39 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

@ROB

RT: Kelly can sing , and can sound pleasing to the ear , she wont shut it down , but she’ll do enough for ppl to wish it was Mariah performing LOL

LOL FUNNY., TGJ EDITED THE POST BECAUSE THEY REALIZED THIS GIG IS MUCH WELL NEEDED TO KELLY ROLL….RIGHT NOW SHE HAS TWO SINGLES OUT THAT HASNT TOUCHED THE BILLBOARDS AND A VIDEO THAT WAS DENIED BY EVERYONE AND ANOTHER IN THE PIPELINE THAT WILL BE IGNORED…BET FEELS STUPID FOR HYPING HER UP SO THEY GAVE HER THE JOB

61. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:40 pm
    Jessica says:

@CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL: Why are you soo damn pressed?? Is Mariah paying your ass?? Is she messaging you on facebook and twitter? Is she throwing parties in your wack ass? All of that is HIGHLY A MOTHERF&*# NO!!! LMAO!!! Are you mad that Kelly is recognized with talent, your not? Little person, don’t you have homework to do from school instead of embarrassing your ass on here?? LMFAO!!! I bet you can’t even perform live for Mariah, who are you fooling?? What you need to is put your energy in yourEDUCATION and stop going on retarded. LMAO!!!

Anyways, good for Kelly and good luck on the performance for Mariah, see haters, REAL TALENT GET RESPECTED BY THE LEGENDS!!!

62. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:40 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

PERSONALLY I THINK THAT SOMEONE LIKE JOJO SHOULD HAVE DONE IT, SHE WOULD OF KILLLEDDDDDD IT!!!!!!

63. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:43 pm
    JohnVidal says:

haha wow my comment got removed! I see I was the one hitting a nerve and this guy at TGJ needed to edit the post and remove comments about it

64. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:43 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRR LOL says:

I DID EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED, MADE KELLY’S POST ABOUT ME!!!!! JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHOSE NAMES ARE ALONG SIDE OF HERS

YOU WILL TALK ABOUT ME MORE TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES AND ON TWITTER AND FACEBOOK THAN YOU WILL REMEMBER HER ASS OR THIS POST

ITS BEY AND ‘EM
    LILWAYNE AND HER

NELLY AND HER
    AND
    WHO????

LMAO

65. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:44 pm
    Bey'knight says:

@lacefronce

Blue ivy carter will get a tribute b4 Rihanna. Her cries were in key, something 20something year old rihanna cant pull off

Sorry guys, i had to, it was right there lol

@edward
    You welcome
    @call me haterr
    Dude was sanggggggg u know it. Give credit where due ;)

66. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:45 pm
    chil says:

hahah..JOJO KILL IT? girl bye

67. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:46 pm
    JohnVidal says:

What I said is the post was ridiculous as it was before and also that I want to see more girls doing the tribute. I want to see them struggling :) It´s funny

68. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:47 pm
    JohnVidal says:

Rihanna, I want Rihanna please! The laugh of the year that would be

69. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:49 pm
    theoneandonly(atl) says:

CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRRRR
    January 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm
    IM BACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

LOL AM SORRY BOO KELLY WILL RUN CIRCLES AROUND RIHANNA, BUT AM WITH YOU ON HOW THE HELL KELLY GOING TO PULL THIS OFF.

70. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:50 pm
    theoneandonly(atl) says:

@JOHN ….I want Rihanna too so I can laugh my A$$ off

71. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:54 pm
    theoneandonly(atl) says:

@Edward…you are s*** boo, and you didn’t sound bad at all #noshade.

72. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:55 pm
    Theman says:

First off Mariah can certainly do vocally what she wants. Her last few performances prove that. When it comes to quality,technique,range she is second to none. So you could have any female artist up there screaming and hollering they still ain’t touching her. Kelly is good, but a Mariah song. May’be if she chooses an upbeat song she’ll do good. But those songs still carry alot of range.

73. |
    January 12, 2012 at 5:59 pm
    LiCari says:

Um, as we all know, as you age your voice gets weaker. Plus the added fact that Mariah has nodules and sings non stop without much vocal rest of course my girl isn’t gonna be on tip top shape all the time. BUT SHE WILL SLAY even on a BAD DAY :) To be honest, I’ve NEVER seen anyone do a Mariah song justice. She writes and sings them in a way that can only fit her.

74. |
    January 12, 2012 at 6:01 pm
    ME MYSELF AND I says:

LMAOOO @ CALL ME HATER

YOU ARE NOT LYING b****!!!!!!

75. |
    January 12, 2012 at 6:04 pm
    JAKE (KING BEY, QUEEN ADELE & EMPRESS MARIAH) says:

PERSONALLY, I THINK THAT THE EASIEST AND SIMPLEST MARIAH SONG TO SING IS “LOVERBOY” (2001), BUT I DOUBT SHE WOULD HONOUR HER BY SINGING THAT!!!

ALSO, SHE WOULD DEFINETELY HAVE TO SING ONE OF THE RARE SONGS IN WHICH MARIAH NEVER TOUCHES HER 5TH OCTAVE SCALES OR WHISTLE REGISTERS!!!

THAT BEING:

THROUGH THE RAIN
    LOVERBOY
    WE BELONG TOGETHER
    IT’S LIKE THAT
    SHAKE IT OFF
    FOREVER
    ETC…

AND EVEN STILL, THOSE SONGS CARRY MAXIMUM CHEST POWER AND TECHNICAL DEMONSTRATION, WHICH WOULD PROVE VERY DIFFICULT FOR AN AVERAGE SINGER WITH LESS THAN HALF THE RANGE MARIAH HAS!!!

ONLY PATTI LABELLE, LEONA LEWIS AND POSSIBLY TEENA MARIE (R.I.P) COULD DO A MARIAH SONG JUSTICE AS ALL THREE HAD A RANGE SIMILAR TO MARIAH’S “IN CHEST VOICE” BUT WITHOUT THE WHISTLE REGISTER…

76. |
    January 12, 2012 at 6:10 pm
    Royalkev says:

This is going to be tragic. I am not trying to be cruel, but how on earth can Kelly do most Mariah songs any justice. She should stick to the new Mariah and stay away from her signature songs.

I’d suggest : Shake It Off, Touch My Body, Obessed and Don’t Forget About Us

I don’t Recommend: We Belong Together, One Sweet Day, Always Be My Baby, Hero, Emotions, Anytime You Need A Friend, Vision Of Love, Without You, Make It Happen, (or even Fantasy or Honey).

Good Luck!

77. |
    January 12, 2012 at 6:20 pm
    MALE MADONNA says:

MONICA: NEW LIFE (MARCH 6TH)

78. |
    January 12, 2012 at 6:21 pm
    D-MONEY says:

Everybody here is sucking Kelly’s d***. She kills ballads, when she’s dancing she gets a little out of breath, but I think she can pull this off. Whether she kills it or not the b**** is still eating. $$$$$$$$$

79. |
    January 12, 2012 at 6:25 pm
    MCsavedmylife says:

I think some people need to have their Caps lock checked….it seems to be stuck on permanent capital letters.

Anywoo, onto Kelly performing a Mariah song. I’m split about this, mainly because I’ve never heard Kelly’s natural singing voice. Though we did see a glimpse of it on X Factor, when she did that duet, but other than that, nothing much. There was someone above who suggested that Kelly should sing ‘Vision of Love’? Definitely no! Only Mariah can sing that song….in fcat, only 80% of the Mariah’s songs can be sung by her. Mainly because she did them in such a way (e.g. vocal runs etc.) that makes it almost impossible for other artists to do them. Leona would have been a better choice in my books, but will be interested to see Kelly’s take.

All I ask is that she does not do ‘Hero’. I love that song, but it’s been done to death by now (just like All I Want for Christmas Is You’). A new take on an old classic would be refreshing,

80. |
    January 12, 2012 at 6:25 pm
    muni says:

OMG haters!!! Kelly will prove you wrong OK #ThatsAll

81. |
    January 12, 2012 at 6:52 pm
    Licious says:

That’s nice. :) Why does everyone hate?

82. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:06 pm
    DRB says:

Kelly co-wrote “When love takes over’ with David Guetta. Also, those who say motivation belongs to Lil’ Wayne, that is not true. Kelly approached Lil Wayne for the rap bit. The song was already finished before Lil Wayne come out of prison. He did not write the song, just did that little rapping. He featured on Kelly’s song, so basically motivation is Rowland’s song.

Those who say Beyonce would have sound better on Marriah tribute, l doubt it. Her voice is powerful, but she screams and therefore wouldn’t do a Mariah song any justice.

Why don’t we just grow up and stop hating on Kelly over nothing? She is not as good as Mariah, but she is actually good in her own right. Not as successful as Beyonce’, but that doesn’t make her an inferior singer than Beyonce. Give Kelly the credit she deserves. As for xfactor uk, l think she did pretty well because uk reality shows do not fovour black or any foregn judges, end of! There was so much negative press before she joined the panel about how much they would not allow a foregn judge to shine, however, l have to say she did shine! So give her credit or if you don’t like her don’t visit this site.

83. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:15 pm
    said so says:

Stop hating! Kelly is a good singer. She even co-wrote that song ‘When love takes over’, so yes she deserves credit for that. She is not much different to Beyonce’ although Beyonce is more successful. I love Beyonce, but she does scream a lot, whereas Kelly’s voice is softer, so it will suit a Mariah song better. Kelly is brilliant, stop hating her!

84. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:19 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRRRRRR says:

@ME MYSELF AND I

LOL I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!!

AND @THEONEANDONLY(ATL)

I FEEL YOU , KELLY “MAY” KELLY PULL OF ONE OF RHIRHI NONE SINGING ASS SONGS BUT YOU GOT TO ADMIT, ONE THING ABOUT RIHANNA SHE SELLS!!!! SHE GETS MONEY, SHE MIGHT GET PIMPED JUST LIKE ROWLAND BUT SHES GETTING MORE MONEY THAN KELLY WOULD EVER MAKE

THEY PROBABLY PAYING KELLY IN FOOD STAMPS LOL J/K I GIVE IT TO KELLY FOR BOOKING THE GIG YOU b****** IS SENSITIVE LOL

85. Vote

[...] [...]

86. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRRRRRR says:

THROUGH ALL THE KAIOS I JUST NOTICED KELLY FOR THE FIRST TIME LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN IN THAT PIC….OOPS LOL

REAL TALK HER ARMS LOOK A LIL MANLY LIKE SHE WORKING OVER TIME TO LOOK HOW BEY BEEN LOOKING FOR YEARS BUT N E WAYS…LOL (SMACKS TEETH) KELLY LOOKS NICE IN PIC

87. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:22 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRRRRRR says:

@DRB LAUGH MY FAT ASSSSSS THE HELLL OFFFFFF

WE ALL KNOW DAMN WELL “KELLY” AND USE A PEN FOR NOTHING SHE HAS EVER AND WILL EVER SING IN HER CAREER AND IF SHE DID IT WOULD NEVER MAKE THE RECORD

88. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:24 pm
    CALL ME HATERRRRRRRRRRRRRR says:

I GOT A FEELING

@SAIDSO
    @CHIL
    @DRB AND EVERYBODY ELSE ROOTING FOR KELLY IS THE SAME PERSON BEHIND THE COMPUTER LMAO

“AM I RIGHT”

HELL YEA

89. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:27 pm
    Lax says:

s*** laying all jokes aside RIHANNA IS REALLY THE SHITS, BECAUSE MANY
    OF YOU HAVE GOT HER NAME ON YOUR PEE HO*ES AND YOUR BIRD BRAINS, NOW HAVEN’T YOU? Even if they are talking about drought in
    a foreign country rihanna’s name come up that is truly something for real though. They will probably have more than Kelly and whats wrong with kelly she can sing you nutt cakes? They might do it like they did Aretha’s Special
    the had Fantasia and Jennifer to do some songs and it was great. I KEEP SAYING THAT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE STAR IN THE SKY AFTER DARK.

90. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:28 pm
    TheDimplePuppet says:

Leave kelly alone, she is good talent. @ Call me haterrrrrrrr, just grow up! Now take your dirty fingers off that computer keyboard and go and have a bath little kid because you smell! Did you urinate or poo in your baby pampers pads love? They need changing, so get off your smelly bum and go and have a bath!

91. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:31 pm
    BlueIvy says:

Well, that ought to be a hot mess. They should have gotten XFACTOR Winner Melanie Amaro to do it!

92. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:32 pm
    Lax says:

@CALL ME HATERRRRRRR,,,,,LMAO WHERE YOU
    STATED KELLY GETTING PAID WITH FOOD STAMPS,
    ROTF,,,,LMAO YOU OR FUNNNNNNNNNNY OMG,,,LOL!

93. |
    January 12, 2012 at 7:48 pm
    Jamie says:

And the award for “The Most Posts on an Artist Thread They Don’t Even Care About Which Means They’re Pressed, Bothered, and Miserable” goes to…..Call Me A Haterrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Congrats Asshole!!!

94. |
    January 12, 2012 at 8:01 pm
    Kelly Slayz yall can take says:

If kelly and mariah would have came out at the same time today kelly would slay mariah plz my b**** eats it and she can sing where are these lies coming from yall to busy listening to these auto tune b****** and yall forgot about the ones who been here she do have grammys it dont matter if with destinys child or wat her voice was still on them f****** and she still getting money broke ass

95. |
    January 12, 2012 at 8:10 pm
    Princess says:

I really don’t understand all the negativity when it comes to Kelly. Kelly can turn her head and the negative people will find something wrong with that. It’s very sad because Kelly is one of the most positive artist out there. There is nothing wrong with her doing a Mariah Carey tribute. I’m looking forward to it. And I garantee you the same people posting all these negative comments will be watching it also because they gotta have something to talk about. You all really need to get a life. Everytime there is any news about Kelly, you all are some of the first’s to post. She must be doing something right because she keeps her name in your mouth.

96. |
    January 12, 2012 at 8:17 pm
    I'ma have to send her to her maker says:

I’m excited to see this.

97. |
    January 12, 2012 at 8:27 pm
    TerenceBarber says:

I love Kelly crazy amounts, she’s gonna do just great <3

98. |
    January 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm
    lyric commander lee says:

my chick better work – it would be cute for her to mix _keep it between us_ with we belong together – ms kelly goes hard with the ballads when she is STANDING in place and simply singing into the mic – she isnt doing a concert of her catalogue so breath contol wouldnt be an issue – im excited!

99. |

and
    other
    repeats

100. |
    January 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm
    Collegegirl says:

I’m excited to see what Kelly will sing. I am a bit nervous tho bcuz Kelly has good days and bad days when she performs live. But the good part is that she want be jumping and dancing giving out of breath. The closest person to Mariah’s voice is Brandy to me. She would be great as well. I know Kelly is gonna kill it and prove all of the haters wrong! #staymad

101. |
    January 12, 2012 at 10:26 pm
    williNalli says:

I bet she sings VANISHING!!! :)

102. |
    January 12, 2012 at 10:43 pm
    wilmerson says:

I do not think you can compare someone of Mimi status to any other female artists out there. I think it is ridiculous to think that anyone can sing a Mimi song and do it justice. She is a living legend because she is the best selling female artists of all time because she has more than eighteen billboard number one singles. She wrote all of her number one hits except for one or two. She is up there with Michael Jackson, Elvis, and The Beatles. Even if she she never makes anymore hit records she is the only female in that legendary class for the rest of her life. She has sold more than two hundred million records after Celion Dion with two hundred million records sold and Madonna with three hundred million records sold. Mimi has a five octave range and thats as high as you can go the only other female artist I can think of that has a five octave vocal range is Tamia. Kelly Rowland, Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga or any other female artists cannot compare to the vocal power Mimi has. They all can sing but not like Mimi can she can even sing opera because her mother is a opera singer. Opera singers now they can really really sing. There is not another artists that can hit the notes she can without even trying and use the whistle register. If you put them all in a room together she would blow them away and break glass in the process. She is the voice and there will never be another female artist like her. She deserves her recognition because she deserves it for her God giving talent. I think Kelly Rowland will do a good job because unlike a lot of popular artists these days she can sing.

103. |
    January 12, 2012 at 10:53 pm
    angela wesley says:

I think Kelly will find a Mariah Carey song that fits her vocal range. If she
    does that she willdo good. I see Beyince stan are coming out in full force,
    they are just jealous because Kelly is finally getting her shine.

104. |
    January 12, 2012 at 11:04 pm
    NikkiIsChillin says:

Mariah is an icon. And Kelly will do her justice. Congrats to both of these ladies.

105. |
    January 12, 2012 at 11:21 pm
    Sean Stone says:

I can’t wait !!!!

@seanstonetsg

Check my song out

106. |
    January 12, 2012 at 11:31 pm
    MISHKA says:

I hope they’ll call RIHANNA too.

Let’s hear the wonders that six albums, 11 #1s and a couple of world tours have done…or not.

107. |
    January 12, 2012 at 11:32 pm
    Kelly who says:

#dead at Angela wesley

The day Beyonce would be tributing to someone other than the original queens a la donna summer, tina turner. I would cease to be a stan.
    The day only BET recognises Beyonce and not the entire genre, I cease to be a stan.
    Blue Ivy Is more famous than Kelly Rowland and her entire existence.
    There aint a reason in Hell for Beyonce’s stans to be jealous of low budget gigs kelly rowland getting.
    At the end of it all, Kelly can’t move album units any part of the world. Hell she wasn’t even nominated for the Brits awards( Supposedly a kelly territory).
    No story about kelly on any other site than TGJ. Kelly is really nothing of substance.
    The b**** is worth only 8million dollars while Bey is worth 250million. Beyonce will buy kelly’s livelyhood and the whole Rowland family’s livelyhood.

108. |
    January 12, 2012 at 11:50 pm
    JER says:

um. Kelly Rowland? How about Jennifer Judson. What Mariah song can Kelly sing? puleaze chile. It’ll have to be something off Charmbracelet that whispery BS

109. |
    January 13, 2012 at 12:13 am
    Rihanna Stans = Broke Navy says:

HORRIBLE CHOICE!!!! THIS DEFINITELY BET’S DOING, MARIAH WOULD NEVER PICK KELLY TO TRIBUTE HER. KELLY JUST DOESN’T HAVE THE VOCAL TO TACKLE A MARIAH SONG. YOU CAN BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR, MARIAH WOULD HAVE CHOSEN BEYONCE. MARIAH HAS STTAED HOW VOCALLY TALENTED BEYONCE IS,AND PLUS THEY ARE ACTUALLY GREAT FRIENDS. MARIAH SONGS REQUIRE SOMEONE WITH THE FULL VOCAL PACKAGE, SUFFICIENTLY IN ALL THE VOCAL ELEMENTS, AND KELLY IS JUST NOT A STRONG VOCALIST. DEAD @ THE KELLY STANS TRYING TO HATE ON BEYONCE. KELLY COULD NEVER SEE BEYONCE ON A LIVE STAGE WHEN IT COMES TO VOCALS. THERE’S A REASON WHY BEYONCE AND MICHELLE DID MOST OF THE VOCALLY CHALLENGING VOCAL ACROBATICS IN DESTINY’S CHILD(DURING THE DESTINY’S FULFILLED ERA). LEONA IS ANOTHER POSSIBLE CHOCIE BUT SHE ISN’T VOCALLY STRONG AROUND(WEAK CHEST VOICE AND BOTTOM REGISTER). AS FOR CHRISTINA, MARIAH WOULD NEVER REQUESTED FOR THAT OVERRATED,SCREAMING BANSHEE.

110. |
    January 13, 2012 at 12:13 am
    Steph says:

Yaay! So happy for Kelly!! can’t wait, thanks TGJ!

111. |
    January 13, 2012 at 12:22 am
    DareToDeal says:

Good lawd! Kelly is gonna f*** up Mariah song,straining and singing wildly off key. I wish Bee was available, to do Mariah a proper tribute(like she did for Tina Turner, Barbra Streisand,Michael Jackson,Steve wonder and Etta James). Beyonce is the only vocalist out of her generation that posses that golden ears for harmonies and proficiency in musicality. Plus it doesn’t hurt that Mariah likes her(they are close friends)

112. |
    January 13, 2012 at 12:29 am
    williNalli says:

And y’all thought 2011 was her only year….Sit y’all asses down

She here to stay….I know y’all checked out that new MINE GAMES from Rozay already….That s*** is SERIOUS!!!

My chick ain’t playing :)

Better Recognize

113. |
    January 13, 2012 at 12:52 am
    Jayla says:

Actually Mariah said herself that her first choice would be Leona Lewis

114. |
    January 13, 2012 at 1:10 am
    lames make me sick says:

Im not saying kelly is the best singer. But altho her ballad heavy albums were becoming boring I have to admitt kellys shines in ballads and exspecially acapella if anyone has any dou t about it look up her acapella performances on youtube. She can sing she just has to not be nerveous and not over do it if she does all of thay she will no doubt shock many many people. Motivatio is most popular solo song but it is her weakest vocal performance but it not cause she cant singit the song setup to be honest most people dont sound good singing it. But her slower songs ..even her ballad performances are beautiful go to youtube and give her a listen

115. |
    January 13, 2012 at 1:20 am
    Small_Angel says:

Mariah Who?

116. |
    January 13, 2012 at 2:47 am
    Diva says:

Wow really all the hate????? Well we will see how she does in the tribute you haters can take a seat at d back and watch a young hardworking African American make some money….. Ignorant fools

117. |
    January 13, 2012 at 3:35 am
    Matty says:

Why is everyone saying Bey should do the Tribute?!? Mariah & Beyonce are contemporaries, They are in the same lane, Mariah can still get a number one with the right song and same goes for Beyonce. Both of them guarantee a number one album on Billboard, that’s for damn sure. So they need to choose someone who “Looks up too” Mimi. Not competes with. Even if Beyonce was available, I don’t think she’d actually do it. Mariah’s her business competitor (so to speak) and close personal friend (they’re texting and hanging out all the time according to Nick & Jay). So it would Seems awkward.

Ppl are bring up Barbra Streisand, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson etc. tributes that Bey had done. Those people are no long Top 40. They were legends of music before beyonce took her first breath. Mariah needs, deserves and should be tribute by the “next generation’ so to speak. Kelly as a new ‘Solo Artist’ is from the following generation of music.

Bottom line; I think Beyonce and Mariah Carey are contemporaries and this is why it doesn’t make sense for Bey to do the ‘Honour’.

118. |
    January 13, 2012 at 5:36 am
    @DaRealRastaBwoi says:

IDC wat no one says,, i will reserve my thoughts and opinions until after the cermony is over,, bc i am all Team Kelly…

Follow me on twitter @DaRealRastaBwoi and check out my videos and subscribe http://youtu.be/oDL8wikbFv4

119. |
    January 13, 2012 at 6:17 am
    lol says:

kelly sounds a big mess live she cant sing . When she sings she sounds shaky and it seems like she tries hard to not sound like the satanic beyonce.

120. |
    January 13, 2012 at 6:49 am
    ♛ pop royalty ♛ ( The BeyHive ) says:

we will see what she gonna do ……

but i’m gonna be honest and say that Ms. kelly is growing in me nowadays :)

121. |
    January 13, 2012 at 7:34 am
    DmDashing says:

A good song choice for Kelly would be always be my baby and maybe we belong together if she keep her version simple . Mariah songs have so many key changes in them and Kelly have tendency to go off key and might not recover. With the right song Kelly would do great

122. |
    January 13, 2012 at 9:12 am
    Myrl22 says:

It gonna be awesome!!!!!!!!! I know Kelly is gonna kill it. But I also know that the haters wouldnt admit that she did after she actually killed. All they are good for is ignorance and hate. love you Kelly and Mariah! THE HATERS DONT MATTER REALLY

123. |
    January 13, 2012 at 9:35 am
    jason says:

I think it will be nice to see kelly do a tribute to mariah carey. For like an hour I had to wrap my head around it but you know what, from being a true mariah fan I don’t care if kelly can’t do what mariah can but if I wanna hear mariah song ill listen to mariah sing her song or watch a live performance. But I would love for debelah morgan to sing a tribute to. Most of y’all may not know who she is but she has a 5 octave vocal range to. An I do think that song one who can hit mariahs signature notes should be there somewhere in the tribute. Even people that doesn’t listen to mariah knows atleast of her whistle register. An being that patti is mariahs godmother an mariah did a tribute for her before it would be nice to see her do one for mariah.

124. |
    January 13, 2012 at 10:01 am
    Lola says:

I Think Kelly Should Sing “Honey” “Heartbreaker” “Loverboy” “Honey” “Sweetheart” Or Even “Cry Baby” With Snoop Dogg :) lol

125. |
    January 13, 2012 at 10:04 am
    Lola says:

Sorry About That Second “Honey” lol

126. |
    January 13, 2012 at 10:28 am
    Michael says:

To be honest, this is quite dissapointing. Honestly, Mariah always gets screwed over in some way by the music industry. BET couldn’t have chosen a better person to tribute Mariah, like honeslty! Kelly Rowland is big in the UK, not in the US, and top of that she does not have a voice to carry a Mariah Carey song. I HATE THIS! Why couldn’t they get Beyonce, or Alicia Keys, or even a great like Patti or Diana Ross?????

127. |
    January 13, 2012 at 11:05 am
    Oh no.... says:

I can’t believe this. Sorry, but Kelly Rowland is a mediocre singer. She’s not bad, but she’s not great, and you don’t get mediocre to pay tribute to one of the greatest vocalist of all time. I’m not saying you have to sound like Mariah, but you need to have a pretty stella voice. Mary J. Blige, Brandy, Beyonce, Monica, all of them would have been better choices. K. Rowland is still d-list to me I am sorry, just cuz Motivation went top 20, people act like she blew up. What happened to the album and the rest of the singles?

As appropriate as it would be for Christina to tribute Mimi (since her influence is written all over Xtina), it will be a cold day in hell when that happens as they aren’t fans of one another. Mariah is over Leona too. Kelly Clarkson would have been a great choice, but since this is BET I am sure MC wanted to say away from pop/rock singers . Kelendria needs to sit down…

128. |
    January 13, 2012 at 11:39 am
    Michel8901 says:

For the guy who say mariah can sin her own s*** live. Mariah is 42 already she has been singing for mre than 20 years already and she might not sing perfect but her voice and her her range are still wayyyy better than any artist right now nobody can touch mc and shes 42 already plz ur just hater even her high notes are way too high for artist.. Finally their paying tribute to the artis who has inspire so many artist beyonce lady gaga rihanna alicia keys in every singing contest mariah carey its the one they always mention every singer wish and admire mariah care she inspires all singers she has broken so many records she has more #1’s than artist she is the best and finally she deserves this tribute only for legends and rihanna its not a legend or gaga or katy or beyonce..

129. |
    January 13, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    Andre says:

You stupid haters can f*** off. Kelly is s***, she does dance music. She is not known for having a voice.

They should have chosen someone much better.

130. |
    January 13, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    Jaylen says:

Wow! I was shocked at this choice for Mariah’s tribute. Kelly may find a Mariah song that she can make her own, but let’s be honest; Kelly would not be on anyone’s long or short list for a tribute to Mariah Carey. It’s clear this decision had nothing to do with who was best for the job. Either Mariah simply likes Kelly, no one else was available, or just politics/business as usual. I honestly thought it would be Karen Clark Sheard and Melanie Amaro. Yes! While Beyonce is Mariah’s contemporary, NOW, clearly she would have been an obvious choice just because of her strong voice and popularity. Oh well, we’ll see…

131. |
    January 13, 2012 at 12:32 pm
    Andre says:

Forget Beyonce, Mariah is not about shaking her ass and going all sasha fierce on stage ha ha

132. |
    January 13, 2012 at 1:28 pm
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Don’t think she would be best, but Kelly rocks!

133. |
    January 13, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    Tophot says:

Give her a chance before even hating, Kelly might surprise all you doubters, who think she will be terrible on the night. I think she should sing hero and I think she might be able to pull that song off but I won’t judge until we actually hear Kelly sing a Mariah song! Good Luck Kelly

134. |
    January 13, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    Andre says:

Yeah she def needs luck, help, prayers and a miracle to do a Mariah song.

135. |
    January 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm
    GLYNNJE says:

YES YES AND YES KELLY ROWLAND WILL SLAY. I HAVE FAITH IN THIS WOMAN. I JUST HOPE @CALL ME HATERRRRRRR DOESNT CHANGE THEIR NAME ON HERE WHEN THE PERFORMANCE IS POSTED ON TGJ AND THE LIKES ARE LIKE 500 COS SHE NAILED IT. TAKE YOUR BITTER SELF OFF WHERE THERE IS JOY, YOU’RE MAKING THE ATMOSPHERE SOUR.

#TEAMKELLY FOR LIFE.

136. |
    January 13, 2012 at 5:47 pm
    Hassan says:

@EDWARDPONTON I aint saying Kelly wont be able to sing a Mariah song she may or may not. But Mariah sang and I mean sang! Yes today her voice may not be what it was in 1990 when she first started but do u expect her to have the same voice afta realising several albums. performance after performace? NO

137. |
    January 13, 2012 at 5:47 pm
    Bey Fan... says:

Cool…hope she does well. I like Kelly’s voice…sometimes.

138. |
    January 13, 2012 at 5:51 pm
    SHESDUMB says:

TGF NEEDS TO STOP USING “TRIBUTE” MORE LIKE……

“KELLY ROWLAND TO BOW DOWN TO MARIAH CAREY AT BET HONORS CEREMONY”

139. |
    January 13, 2012 at 6:06 pm
    TheMan4u says:

Mariah fans should be happy she is finally getting a tribute instead of crying about who is doing it

140. |
    January 13, 2012 at 6:10 pm
    Jayla says:

^^^^shut up gayness

141. |
    January 13, 2012 at 6:14 pm
    D-LOC says:

The only “tribute” that kelly rowland should really do is to Beyonce! LOL
    Seriously BET, how could you?
    i hope it is more than just one singer that salutes Mariah, like a key player in each genre would be appropriate (R&B, POP,JAZZ, DANCE, ADULT CONTEMPORARY, even COUNTRY, etc..) singing THEIR VERSIONS of MC classics..
    yes lets get PATTI & ARETHA !!! for starters… (SHE HAS A CONNECTION WITH BOTH)
    no offense to Kelly, but C’MON!!!
    it SHOULD BE just as classy & heartfelt like the Kennedy Center Honors,
    BUT, im afraid, BET will once again prove to be MEDIOCRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

142. |
    January 13, 2012 at 7:27 pm
    hoytchampion says:

Kelly Rowland is the real “Sexiest woman alive”! In a perfect world, she would have so many endorsement contracts – we would be sick of her. Black owned companies need to step up and show the world what true Black Beauty is!!

143. |
    January 13, 2012 at 7:36 pm
    DRB says:

Kelly rocks and she will pull it off easily. Be ok with that or just f*** off @ CALL ME A HATER!

144. |
    January 13, 2012 at 7:52 pm
    Girrrl says:

Since I’ve already.voiced my opinion about Kelly shaky vocals flopland I’m gonna move on to who I think should be apart of the tribute.

Kelly Price—started her career as MCs backup singer
    Patti—Godmother and great singer who tributes everyone
    Alicia Keys– loving you from her debut sounds like vanishing
    Beyonce—she cites MC as an inspiration

145. |
    January 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm
    Lax says:

Why didn’t they ask Betty Wright?

146. |
    January 13, 2012 at 8:21 pm
    honeydip says:

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @HONEY_DIP11 I FOLLOW BACK!

147. Vote

[...] fans already anticipating her forthcoming tribute to Billboard champion Mariah Carey, knockout beauty Kelly Rowland is reportedly one of many tapped [...]

148. |
    January 13, 2012 at 9:33 pm
    D-LOC says:

How about ARETHA doin’ TOUCH MY BODY! or HERO
    PATTI doin’ CANT TAKE THAT AWAY(Mariah’s theme)!!
    MARY J BLIGE doin’ VISION OF LOVE!!!
    ALICIA KEYS doin’ ALWAYS BE MY BABY or DONT FORGET ABOUT US!!!!
    JENNIFER HUDSON doin’ EMOTIONS!!!!!!
    BEYONCE doin’ LOVERBOY or HEARTBREAKER!!!!
    KELLY CLARKSON doin’ ANYTIME U NEED A FRIEND!!!!!!!!
    KELLY ROWLAND doin’ DREAMLOVER………
    the possibilities are endless……
    C’MON BET, USE YOUR IMAGINATION, MARIAH DESERVES ** THE BEST ONLY**

149. |
    January 13, 2012 at 9:45 pm
    wilmerson says:

I like Kelly Rowland since her days in Destiny Child. She cannot or any other female artists cannot even compare to MC. Her style and vocal range is unparallel to any other female artists. Bey is a good singer with a mezzo soprano three octave vocal range but she couldn’t even do MC justice. Leona Lewis is a good singer too she sings a mezzo soprano vocal range also but she couldn’t do her justice either. MC has a five octave vocal range with the whistle register and is in a class all her own. You cannot even compare her with any other male or female artists past or present. The way she can hold one note for so long i have never seen another female artist do that. I think Kelly Rowland will do a good job because she can actually sing. A lot of so called artists these days cannot really sing in the studio or live.

150. |
    January 13, 2012 at 10:38 pm
    Matty says:

@GIRRRL
    Good List!!!! Apart for Beyonce, i totally agree with you! Kelly Price would actually be perfect. Orrrr could you imagne if they got Brenda K. Star! LOL >> Brenda would totally do it for the paycheque, but would be so bitter that MC did actually steal her job like she openly feared.

I think BET’s choice would always be controversial, no matter who they went with. So they were trying to play it safe without being too safe. In all honesty, no one, and i mean not a single soul, is comparable to Mariah’s voice. Mariah’s voice is simply too unique to duplicate, Leona Lewis can’t do it, and she’s the only one who could even attempted it.

Kelly will do a medley (she’s from Destiny’s Child after all, and we know that girl group is the commander of medley’s). What songs would everyone like to see her mesh?!?!?!

To those of you, who say Kelly does Dance/electronic, you’ve clearly only heard her radio smashes. ‘Here I Am’ is chalk full of Mid-tempo and Ballads. You probably don’t know Kelly’s voice too well. Enough with this ‘Beyonce lead DC’ … OF COURSE! We know that, because that was the business Matthew Knowles was in. Making Beyonce a Star! There were in total 5 other members of Destinies Child and 4 of them are amazing, and unique singers that deserve much more from the business then they’ve got (Anyone know the story of the Supremes, same storey folks). Hell Michelle Williams is the one with the most unique voice, yet after she Broke the Dawn, where’s this girl at. Don’t be fooled by finance and numbers. Listen to the voices.

151. |
    January 13, 2012 at 11:27 pm
    YuMx2 says:

Kelly is not a strong vocalist IMO, but shes a pretty good singer.. Shes going to sing a hit mariah song…. If she sings something like we belong together, or one of the older ones like Hero, Fantasy, or Always Be My Baby.. She Will be fine. Or Something s*** like Breakdown or Honey.. Would be perfect for Kelly

152. |
    January 13, 2012 at 11:40 pm
    angela wesley says:

Kelly Who, Did I hit a nerve because youare the only who got affended
    by my comment. You took the time and effort to research Kelly
    and for what reason to tell me that Beyonce makes more money
    than Kelly. I already knew that. Everytime Beyonce’ ‘s stan/obbessed
    fans come after Kelly, she get a another gig .Now she is doing two
    triibutes Mariah and Muhummad Ali.t

153. Vote

[...] Rowland Will Sing A Tribute To Mariah Carey At 2012 BET HonorsFresh Like DougieTaleTela -That Grape Juiceall 6 news [...]

154. |
    January 14, 2012 at 4:40 am
    L says:

Should be interesting… Love Mariah Carey! Often imitated but NEVA duplicated! REAL TALK!!

155. |
    January 14, 2012 at 6:04 am
    Time To Flop says:

This is atrocious. Of all the good vocalist out there, they selected an underperforming & mediocre vocalist, who is a flop. She will just mess a Mariah Carey classic. Even on her bad days, Mariah will eat Kelly alive.

Kelly’s stans (what, she has one?) should just get of their keyboards & buy her pathetic album, which is a super flop, wahahaha. I heard they are giving it away as frisbees or door decals, lol

156. |
    January 14, 2012 at 7:18 am
    Dec says:

Sure, she will kill the stage! Go kellz

157. |
    January 14, 2012 at 9:43 am
    D-LOC says:

CHAKA KHAN, GLADYS KNIGHT, ARETHA, THE CLARK SISTERS,PATTI LABELLE, WHITNEY HOUSTON,DARLENE LOVE, CAROLE KING, DIANA ROSS, CELINE DION,ANNIE LENNOX would all be CORRECT CHOICES to pay tribute to the legendary MC
    These are the voices to do the MARIAH CAREY SONGBOOK justice……
    anything less would be an insult
    who should BET choose to honor STEVIE WONDER? T-Pain or Chris Brown?? LOL BET DIS-HONORS…………… :(

158. |
    January 14, 2012 at 9:46 am
    D-LOC says:

These are the voices to do the MARIAH CAREY SONGBOOK justice……
    anything less would be an insult
    who should BET choose to honor STEVIE WONDER? T-Pain or Chris Brown?? LOL
    BET DIS-HONORS…………… :(

159. |
    January 14, 2012 at 9:50 am
    swagg says:

hold up wait im just now seeing this…pause……….really kelly? im in no way a hater or a fan of kells but i did want to see her succeed with this last album..my point is that no way in hell is Kelly gonna pull of Mariah which is one of the best singers to ever grace this earth..now if this was tribute to janet then kelly keri ciara ppl like that can tribute but for mariah u have to have the best singers which even the best cant touch mimi sorry it just is what it is

160. |
    January 14, 2012 at 10:28 am
    Matthew Charlery-Smith says:

All the HATER JUICE! It seems like people don’t know what makes a good singer. Tone, range, power and smoothness. Kelly has it all!!!! She isn’t always the greatest technically but when she belts those notes all have to back off!

I think Kelly’s voice is far better than Monica, Brandy and all the rest of RnB singers probably except JHud and Beyonce the latter of which lacks her power but has far more vocal skill.

Just watch When Love Takes Over – Starfloor, and tell me Kelly can’t blow!!!

161. |
    January 14, 2012 at 11:01 am
    Matthew Charlery-Smith says:

It’s just a shame that Here I Am didn’t spend more time on her voice and focused on the music which hid her voice!

162. |
    January 14, 2012 at 2:07 pm
    said so says:

I heard that Mariah Carey actually requested for Kelly Rowland. Haters please just get on with it or go to hell and kill yourselves. We don’t express hatred when your fovourite artists are chosen to pay tribute to legends, so stop hating on our lovely Kelly!

163. |
    January 14, 2012 at 5:02 pm
    Julia says:

The BEST tribute song Kelly Rowland should perform for Mariah Carey is “UNITY” ~ an unbelievable ballad that deserves worldwide attention !!!

164. |
    January 14, 2012 at 5:11 pm
    Grestry says:

LOL at someone writing Whitney would be a great choice of paying tribute to Mariah. Whitney is not a singer anymore, her voice is dead.

165. |
    January 15, 2012 at 1:23 pm
    Alexis Carrington says:

I am so disappointed by this news. BET always drops the ball with tributes. Patti I can’t wait to hear, but Kelly? Her voice and stylings don’t work for the Queen’s material.

166. |
    January 15, 2012 at 6:24 pm
    Gary says:

I love Kelly Rowland, her new album is great ! But, I don’t see her singing a MARIAH CAREYY Song. She doesn’t have the voice for that.

167. |
    January 15, 2012 at 6:27 pm
    Gary says:

@ Julia WTF song is UNITY? I don’t think that’s a Mariah song.

168. |
    January 15, 2012 at 6:30 pm
    Gary says:

J-Hud sounds like a screaming cat and has no real range or vocal control. Beyonce = one of the most overrated performers EVER. Plus, she is a music thief. Fantasia screams and sounds like s*** live. No vocal control.

169. |
    January 16, 2012 at 7:34 pm
    riri says:

I like kelly! I think she can sing! but dont what is wrong with her lately! She was so bad on x factor, i was shocked!

170. |
    January 20, 2012 at 5:49 am
    andy says:

Kelly must be smoking because I ran into this video on youtube & without exaggeration, she sounded so incredible horrible. I know her voice wasn’t that bad when she was in Destiny’s Child, so she must be doing something wrong. Point is, she shouldn’t be tributing Mariah Carey, because for one they were at one point out at the same time, and Mariah’s voice is one of the most amazing voices ever in history & Kelly is no where near that level.