Album Snippets: Lana Del Rey’s ‘Born To Die’

lana del rey born to die1 Album Snippets: Lana Del Reys Born To Die

Since her appearance on SNL , Lana Del Rey has become quite the hot topic.

So, as to make the most of the unexpected ‘buzz’ coming her way, she released two never before heard cuts from the LP, ahead of its January 30th release.

Without further delay, get into two snippets below…

In the words of a certain Wacka Flocka Flame, these tracks most certainly go hard in the paint,especially ‘National Anthem‘, which we are hoping gets the singles treatment.

Seeing as we’ve already pre-ordered our copy of ‘Born, we have to know:

Are you going to buy it too?

• January 19, 2012 at 12:19 pm
    MadameGaGwazelle says:

Yass for National Anthem.

You dont even know how hard i want this girl to succeed and give that dirty b**** Rihanna a run for her money- well Jay Z’s money.

• January 19, 2012 at 12:19 pm
    JohnVidal says:

I first knew about her just two days ago and I have to say I´m loving it. I also know she is not a good live performer but this is not just about the voice, is the artistry overall, and the songs I´m loving them. In a music world full of Rihanna´s this is great stuff
    I seriously like “Born to die” and specially “Blue Jeans” and “Video games”

• January 19, 2012 at 12:35 pm
    Aunt Jackie says:

Stop promoting this wack, fake b****. I’m already tired of her. I will not now, nor ever buy anything she puts out. I will come on her posts and deride her for being a non-talent, unorganic, plastic surgery “enhanced” w****. As an Amy Winehouse die hard fan, I wish, wish, wish she was alive and healthy. Then there would be no market for b****** like this who need record labels to come up with their swag because they have NONE.

Adele’s success is well-deserved, but this her is a f****** SHAM! Auntie Jackie will not stand for it.

• January 19, 2012 at 12:40 pm
    D.Scott says:

lol at the Waka Flocka reference in a Lana Del Rey post. Good looks

• January 19, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    ♛ pop royalty ♛ ( The BeyHive ) says:

cool :)

BTD >>>

• January 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm
    why? says:

@aunt jackie WOW that was just very hateful. you speak as if you know her personally and she shot your mother or something. I just do not understand why this site attracts so many hateful people. You all should really have a COKE and a SMILE. be happy in life, and if you dont like music, dont buy it or listen to it. Why waist your time hating on something you dont like. You are only still allowing that person to be greater because you speak their name.

• January 19, 2012 at 1:27 pm
    Kingphoenix says:

Its obvious that Lana Del Ray is structured to be a “foil” to Adele, like Rihanna has been to Beyonce…Her rise to fame will be very interesting…She is set up either to Become either A big success or a big flop. Only time will tell. Her music is very girly, submisive, and sexual with a hint of violence and nostalgia, she is a product most definately with a focused intent as to what she is supposed to portray. In the back of my mind i think : “if i like this girl and support her, will i or wont i be approving the utter greed and manipulation of the music industry?” Or am i just over reacting?

• January 19, 2012 at 1:31 pm
    JJfan1814 says:

Flop!!!

Horrible SNL performances

• January 19, 2012 at 1:36 pm
    MISHKA says:

I saw her on SNL. I don’t know what the buzz is about. She looks pretty but fake. She’s obviously manufactured by her label.

Is she supposed to be American response to Florence+The Machine or something?

I’m not buying it.

• January 19, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    Aunt Jackie says:

@ Why

Hi! Well, I’m being hateful on purpose. :) I’m always very civil about critiquing artists, but I literally hate what she stands for. She’s fake. Completely and utterly. Music consumers and consumers in general need to stand up for themselves and reject this crap. I’m having an all-natural soda and a frown. I hope this b**** flops and I’m not afraid to say it. That’s real. I won’t pretend I think it’s okay for businesses to market this to the public when there are talented artists out there starving who don’t have a rich daddy. The way she tried to trick people into thinking she was “indie” and a cool s*** chick (who has had surgery on her nose and lip injections) is pitiful. I won’t let her win me over, or anyone else around me.

People need to stand up for themselves. No. no. f*** no.

• January 19, 2012 at 2:14 pm
    Mari (RIP Dwayne McDuffie + Amy Winehouse +Steve Jobs) says:

I don’t care what ya’ll say. I’m here for her and I’m buying her album.

• January 19, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    An0thrnight272 says:

I’m buying! Shes awesome

• January 19, 2012 at 3:18 pm
    SLAYFANISTANN. says:

This album feels like those random hipster pics on Tumblr to me.

• January 19, 2012 at 3:59 pm
    pigfeet says:

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO SHUT UP. LOOK HER UP B4 “BORN TO DIE” ALBUM. I GROWN TO LIKE HER ALOT. SHE IS MOST DEF GONNA BE HERE 4 A MIN. SHE WAS NOT ALWAYS KNOWN AS LANA DEL REY.

• January 19, 2012 at 5:05 pm
    JER says:

Ummmmmm LMFAO. Dubious taste to say the least.

• January 19, 2012 at 9:47 pm
    riri says:

love her! I can her being this time next year. she will be the biggest new artist out there!

If she does become big! This will restore my faith in the music industry!

• January 19, 2012 at 9:49 pm
    riri says:

love her! I can see her being big this time next year. she will be the biggest new artist out there!

If she does become big! This will restore my faith in the music industry!

• January 20, 2012 at 4:39 am
    The Music Junkie says:

I like Lana. Though I think her record label have given her huge make over in terms of her sound and image, she makes better music than A LOT of the other manufactured acts out there at the moment.

• January 20, 2012 at 6:35 am
    Remey says:

I don’t know why, but I really like this girl. Yes, it looks like she is being introduced in the game as Adele’s foil; however, I don’t think that will hold up anymore with the mishap on SNL.

Nonetheless, I love her voice. I respect that not all singers are not stellar live vocalists. Some a great studio artists….. She just got in the game, so I expect she will get better.

I want her to do well because her voice is refreshing after hearing pop/dance music for the last 2 years. You would think I would like Adele, but I don’t. I think she has a great voice, but I just can’t get into her music.

Props to Lana. Even though she’s being managed very carefully with her image…it’s so that she is memorable to the public, which she is. I just found out about this girl 2 days ago, and I already put in an app to be on her team. #TeamDelRey

[...] many ‘stand outs’ on the LP, it first caught our attention when a snippet from the song surfaced here last [...]