To Our Readers

‘The Game’ Scores Ratings Touchdown For BET

bet the game tgj encrpt e1326300808684 The Game Scores Ratings Touchdown For BET

Season 5 of The Game kicked off in fine form last night, earning BET its biggest audience in months.

Full story after the jump…

The sitcom, which welcomed singer Brandy to its cast, drew an impressive 5.3 million viewers last night, according to The Nielsen Company.

An impressive feat, the figure sees the show serve as BET’s #1 telecast this year. On a broader scale, it’s cable’s #1 scripted series telecast among 18-49 this season and the #1 cable sitcom premiere this season among households, viewers and adults 18-49.

—————————–

Congratulations are certainly in order for the talented cast and writers, who have proven the once-axed entity to still have legs. They’re running right to the top, and we couldn’t be happier. Kudos!

Missed episode 1 of The Game season 5? Click here to watch!

1. |
    January 11, 2012 at 5:44 pm
    jay says:

the first 3 seasons were sooooo good! ever since its moved to BET, its been rubbish! plus it aint the same without Kelly Pitts! its not even that funny anymore!

surprised its still doing well….

2. |
    January 11, 2012 at 5:45 pm
    Humble says:

Good for them! I love this show

3. |
    January 11, 2012 at 6:04 pm
    YO MAMA says:

Black folks :-/

4. |
    January 11, 2012 at 6:27 pm
    H-Town says:

I thought it was pretty whack after just watching 30 mins of it.

5. |
    January 11, 2012 at 6:49 pm
    BOOGIE BEEESH says:

CONGRATS!!!! GREAT SHOW, LOVE IT!!

6. |
    January 11, 2012 at 7:05 pm
    Brian says:

I could not get with the T-Pain acapella voice throughout this episode…The show is definately different. It’s almost like the feeling is not into it anymore … but I will say that Brandy and did her thing with Coby. I’ll be watching just to see how their plot unfolds.

7. |
    January 11, 2012 at 7:27 pm
    BrandyNMonicaStar says:

all I have to say is Brandy ,Brandy, Brandy!! straight slayed!!

8. |
    January 11, 2012 at 8:30 pm
    NikkiIsChillin says:

Yess! *In my Maksim C voice* “Brandy, Brandy, Brandy!” You betta werk B-Rocka.

9. |
    January 11, 2012 at 9:32 pm
    chocolatebox says:

Glad BET finally got something right. The Game is a good investment for them. But why no mention of the cancelled Monique Show> What really happen & why Monique been in hiding?

10. |
    January 11, 2012 at 10:35 pm
    jrizza says:

I have not watched this show since season 2, but why is the white girl missing from the cast shot? Is she not in the show anymore?

11. |
    January 11, 2012 at 11:38 pm
    Songscribe says:

Go Bran Nu. Tripple threat diva-Excellent Actress, Great Dancer, and hmm!!!, i can’t find a word good enough to describe her vocal abilities, i can say she can sing circles around many, almost all, except for who? Maria…oh! Cut it right there, MC can’t sing anymore, she can be off key sometimes. Whitne…..’Shush!, whitney’s voice no longer sound good as it used to, not an better than Bran’s, tho she a good singer, O.K now Celine, ‘ya Good try’ but can she do runs? No., can she do those adlibs and riffs?, not at all. Then Beyonce and Adele, *choking on tea, then clears throat*. Bey can’t sing ballads, her voice its just too much-voice control problem, tho she can hit those high notes but she over sings and end up not sounding good @ol, she better approach Willie Norwood for lessons. Adele-sounds good but nothing unique or new bout her voice-just ordinary, and many sing better except tht she got better albums than everyone .
    *So the Vocal Bible wins* no wonder Timbo and Darkchild always want to work with her, coz they love her vocal deliveries.

12. |
    January 12, 2012 at 1:02 am
    Ish says:

Songscribe, what was your point in typing all of that? Lets stay on topic next time. Thanks.

On another note, I’m interested into seeing where the show is going. And Brandy is a pleasant and welcomed addition :)

13. |
    January 12, 2012 at 4:23 am
    V says:

I loooove Brandy! Her and Tia were the reasons I watched! i LOVE Chardonnays sass and how it meshes with Jason! LOVE YOU BRANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. |
    January 12, 2012 at 1:07 pm
    Dae says:

Ummm it’s not hard to be the number 1 show on BET…

15. |
    January 12, 2012 at 1:18 pm
    anoel06 says:

@Brian that “T-Pain acapella voice” is Kanye! lol

It’s from the Dark Fantasy album; song called “Lost In The World”.

16. |
    January 12, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    Theman says:

Why are u comparing Brandy to other vocalist. Brandy is a very good vocalist. But Mariah,Whitney,Celine are not in the same league with her. Mariah has delivered some fantastic performances. Get your facts right. Beyonce also has nothing to do with Brandy. Brandy is good but don’t get carried away…

17. Vote

[...] to That Grape Juice, the numbers weren’t as high as last year’s premiere (7.7 million), but fans still [...]

18. |
    January 12, 2012 at 3:06 pm
    PMB4784 says:

I am a big fan of the game however since it has moved to BET it has really been off. I don’t know it if it’s the writing with the laught track but it is not good. Brnady was over acting as usual, the jokes were terrible the plot of all melanies boyfriends just popping up did not make sense. I preferred last seasons over dramatic premiere. All the d list celebrity cameos will not save it unless they bring back salim akil-the original writer.

19. |
    January 13, 2012 at 4:55 am
    LouLou says:

Wow I am a huge Brandy fan but fans like songscribe discuss me. What was the purpose of comparing Brandy to other artists? Stop trying to start a fan war.

20. |
    January 13, 2012 at 9:44 am
    Tyrone says:

I will definitely say that Brandy is the “Saving Grace”! Many of us tuned in just to see what she was serving. Other than that…. the show sucks! The writers are horrible. Every since they moved to BET its been overly dramatic and just plain boring…. Within the first 5 minutes of the show, there was already a seasons worth of drama. They need to learn to spread the drama out and let one character go thru a situation each episode…. they all don’t have to go through it EVERY WEEK.

21. |
    February 22, 2012 at 12:55 am
    BET's "The Game" - Page 2 - City-Data Forum says:

[...] of people were in anticipation for its rebirth. Well, apparently 2012 isn't doing so bad either. 'The Game' Scores Ratings Touchdown For BET | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::… The viewership is much higher than when it was on publicly broadcasted CW vs. a pay-for-cable [...]

22. |
    March 13, 2012 at 12:55 am
    Jules says:

I can not express how disgusted I am with BET for screwing up such a great show!

23. |
    September 22, 2014 at 3:35 pm
    メンズ ファッション efunction says:

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after going through many of
    the posts I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely pleased I came across it
    and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back often!