Watch: Lana Del Rey Rocks ‘Saturday Night Live’

2003
shares
LANA DEL REY Watch: Lana Del Rey Rocks Saturday Night Live

Get all the way into Lana Del Rey‘s performance of ‘Video Games’ on ‘SNL’ last night.

Marking the Interscope darling’s largest promotional appearance to date, her stint on the hit show arrived four days after the release of her self titled EP and 17 days before her long awaited sophomore album (and major label debut) ‘Born To Die‘ hits stores worldwide.

Peep her polarizing set below…

Sam’s 2 Pence…

Concurring with the mass, it’s fair to say Ms. Del Rey has had many a better day. That said, she still presents a compelling package. Time will tell if she can punch through the smoke with something of substance, or if she’ll fade when it clears.

Over to you…

Does Ms. Rey Have Your Support?

2003
shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Mark111

Mark111 (59)

• Tyler

Tyler (45)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (41)

• Nicki is queen!!!

Nicki is queen!!! (37)

1. January 15, 2012 at 8:18 pm
    talkthattalkNAVY says:

when she’s on stage, she is visibly nervous. but that video games performance, she put a lot of emphasis on a lot of words. she’s still a great singer. just to nervous.

2. January 15, 2012 at 8:21 pm
    Mari (RIP Dwayne McDuffie + Amy Winehouse +Steve Jobs) says:

“Off to the races” is my jam! but she bombed last night. I’m still buying her album though.

3. January 15, 2012 at 8:32 pm
    laylay says:

HARPO WHO IS DIS WOMAN??

4. January 15, 2012 at 8:34 pm
    Legendtina4Life says:

I dont see her going anywhere but she is talented. The lyrics to her some of her songs are nonsense though.

5. January 15, 2012 at 8:42 pm
    LTM says:

I keep hearing about her, and I dont see the hype

@Sam
    when are you going to give me a Lily Allen post? You post on this chick and Jesse J, why not Lily?

6. January 15, 2012 at 8:53 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

Another rihanna

Big budget,promo & hype,garbage artist

Her music is alright but what wrong wrong with her face? she looks like the PCD’s manager

7. January 15, 2012 at 9:03 pm
    LTM says:

@Kat Deluna Fan
    PCD’s manager is crazy ugly lol. Lana looks like a model

8. January 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm
    me says:

Queen Lana will slay 2012!!!!

Get ready!!!

9. January 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

@LTM
    lol her nose is fuckep up :lol: but Lana is cool

10. January 15, 2012 at 9:33 pm
    Dollar$ign$kills says:

Am I the only one who noticed the related posts have nothing to do with this post? Lmao

11. January 15, 2012 at 9:34 pm
    WHUT says:

DEATH@ Kat’s Delusiona stan coming for someone’s face when her fave’s face be giving blow fish that got bee stung in both it’s cheeks. I CANNOT.

This s*** was a mess tho, whoever this chick she’s gonna need to do betta I yawned.

12. January 15, 2012 at 9:39 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

The funniest s*** is a goat stan to come for someone’s vocals or chest.

Coming for someone face when goat has 2 heads & 2 months to suck more people in the industry at once.Lemme stop

No wonder that even rihanna treats you like s***

13. January 15, 2012 at 9:40 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

*mouths

14. January 15, 2012 at 9:57 pm
    WHUT says:

Gurl that read was about as weak as a mirror having to stand up to Kat Deluna’s reflection LOL!!!!!

Why you mad at me pointing out the fact that your fave’s mug is simply DREADFUL.

What you thought the b**** was cute? KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

15. January 15, 2012 at 11:28 pm
    Aunt Jackie says:

FAKE LIP b**** SUCKS!

16. January 15, 2012 at 11:48 pm
    xedos says:

another white girl who sound like s*** the white media try to force down our throat

17. January 16, 2012 at 12:40 am
    dang says:

That was pretty hideous in parts.

18. January 16, 2012 at 3:17 am
    aisha aguilera keys says:

Didn’t know u were into Lana del Rey, Sam. Otherwise, I agree that that was an awful performance. What’s wrong with her voice? She should quit the cigarettes. It’s such a shame she couldn’t grasp the opportunity of performing in such a big place to deliver a decent performance.

19. January 16, 2012 at 3:42 am
    Saetana says:

First time I’ve heard her sing live – if this performance is anything to go by she would be better off miming, at least she wouldn’t be offending our ears then. With her nonsense lyrics this girl is seriously overrated ;o)

20. January 16, 2012 at 3:47 am
    Katy+GaGa=Queen says:

………………….the f***?

21. January 16, 2012 at 3:48 am
    ♛ pop royalty ♛ ( The BeyHive ) says:

Just Hype.

they want to make her the new sexier-version of adele. but it FlOPPED big time.

she’s just boring and put me to sleep. i will only listen to her songs when i brush my teeth b4 going to bed.

i don’t see iT for her. Just Overhyped white Girl with injected Lips :x

22. January 16, 2012 at 3:50 am
    J says:

I love her voice on “Born to Die”,but the rest of the catalog sounds the same. Not to say she has to be pop or radio-friendly, but something a little different would be nice. Sam,you called it, it was NOT her night…at least “Born to Die” has a great arrangement

23. January 16, 2012 at 3:55 am
    An0thrDream says:

I thought she sounded pretty good. Im a fan of her music/style/artistry. She’s got a very good pacakge as far as a unique voice/beautiful looks. She’s someone to look out for ;)

24. January 16, 2012 at 4:46 am
    SLAYFANISTANN. says:

I CAN’T at much of her (st)fanbase consisting of Gaga stans,though….

She may have other people appreciate her but how many times I heard the word Lana on my TL (which consists hugely of Gaga stans) is crazy.

Not “hating” because I would have had stage fright too.
    She needs to stop being so shaky and Nervous (fourth wall).

That being said,
    I like Video Games.

25. January 16, 2012 at 4:54 am
    ♛ pop royalty ♛ ( The BeyHive ) says:

@J :

AGREE !! BTD is “her best song” till now.

but she is still so over-hyped and her Voice is Over-rated.

Florence + the machine is better for ME. :mrgreen:

@Istan4gaga :

that’s because little monsters will support anyone who they think a threat to “adele” ! but they are wrong !!! this girl is just Hype.
    don’t make me be honest on that s*** please ….

hope i made it clear enough to U !! little monsters will kill for gaga. :x

26. January 16, 2012 at 5:26 am
    SLAYFANISTANN. says:

@Pop
    I doubt it’s because of who would be a successor to Adele.Maybe to some,but I can’t say all of them are doing it necessarily.

I’m not that into Lana (or not just yet if I do get into her) right now.I do like one of her songs but I haven’t took the time out to listen to the rest of her music.

27. January 16, 2012 at 6:08 am
    MissImpartial says:

Horrendous performance and not to mention the horrible voice. Never heard of her but of what I saw yesterday was a noooooooooo!!!.

28. January 16, 2012 at 6:21 am
    Queentina>>>Your Fave says:

This b**** lmao!! Gurl, take several seats

29. January 16, 2012 at 7:44 am
    Yellow Gorillah says:

This performance was a mess

but

LANA ———-> ADELE!!!!!!

I’m sorry she is way more interesting then adele. 21 is overrated born to die is a great record and Video games is even Better!! she is arttistic without her dragging it down your throught..she will go far watch this space… I just hope that she does go back to some of her early rnb/pop sounds

30. January 16, 2012 at 9:48 am
    Angie says:

I love Lana Del Ray and I was very excited to see her on SNL. However; I was a bit disappointed in her performances. I expected a bit more stage presence. It was obvious that she was nervous.

31. January 16, 2012 at 10:27 am
    mrUFOman says:

She just can’t sing.

32. January 16, 2012 at 12:07 pm
    Rihstan says:

Why is this girl on this blog, and not cos she’s a white artist but it’s because there’s nothing urban or soulful about her , people are building here up to be the next Adele but she’s nowhere near Adeles level IMO

33. January 16, 2012 at 1:50 pm
    ♛ pop royalty ♛ ( The BeyHive ) says:

@Istan4gaga :

Maybe , who knows how the LM think ?!

anyhow , i liked ” born to die” and that’s it. adele is just better for me ! i feel nothing listening to LDR songs.

‘m not just into her. :x

@Yellow :

and by “interesting ” U mean sexier ?!!
    Gurl BYE.
    if she was that interesting that performance should have been more “interesting” ! ppl say she’s boring. i can’t even feel anything from her.

Video games is AVG. and boring to be honest !

and of course adele is better. :x

this girl is a flopped experiment to create a sexier version of adele. Just that. :x

34. January 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    TAYLOR SWIFTS NUMBER 1 FAN!!! says:

Awe. I love born to die and video games, but yeh she wasnt at her best.

35. January 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm
    riri says:

love her! and yes i do think she needs to improve on her live performances!

36. January 16, 2012 at 5:17 pm
    JohnVidal says:

I never heard about her before I saw this post on TGJ. I don´t know what to think. I kind of liked it. Rihanna fans should shup up, at least this sounds different and like proper music, not generic and easy mess

37. January 18, 2012 at 1:51 pm
    Hilly says:

Well that was akward!
    XOXO, Hil.

38. Vote

[…] her appearance on SNL last week, Lana Del Rey has become quite the hot […]

39. Vote

[…] Indeed, while hailed by some sects, the 25 year old has attracted mounting critique – particularly as pertains her live performances. […]

40. Vote

[…] more polished than the last time, Rey’s detractors will be hard pressed to find fault in this […]

41. Vote

[…] how many deemed Lana Del Rey‘s televised debut last month when she took to the Saturday Night […]

42. Vote

43. Vote

[…] far cry from the awkward girl we all met on ‘SNL’, the provocative maestra’s cover arrives months ahead of her new album, a re-release of her […]