Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Dawn Richard: Diddy Has Released Me From Bad Boy

diddy dawn 2 Dawn Richard: Diddy Has Released Me From Bad Boy

Remember our recent interview with Dawn Richard? You know, the one where she played it coy when quizzed about her current label situation?

Well, after a lengthy silence, the former Danity Kane member, has revealed that she has severed ties with Diddy’s Bad Boy.
Details after the jump…

Speaking to our friends over at Bossip this weekend, Richard said:

“Diddy has been very supportive of my journey. He (actually recently) let me go from Bad Boy. And he didn’t have to do that. He could have just been how everyone accuses him of being (and kept me bound by contract). There’s no drama. It was a business decision and one made amicably. And I thank him for that.

Now I want to make him and them (Bad Boy) proud for believing in me”.

——————————————

An unborn baby knows Diddy and Bad Boy have been the wackness for the last 10 years. As such, this comes as little surprise.

Worse than a label that has no talent, Diddy and Bad Boy have developed the uncanny ability of assembling a host of great talent, only to take a double dump over them; leaving them worse for wear and virtually un-signable once he finally lets them go (see: 112, Cheri Dennis, Danity Kane, to name but a few).

Here’s hoping Dawn, who is immensely talented, doesn’t suffer a similar fate.

• February 14, 2012 at 1:32 pm
    Meeeeeuuuuuu says:

WOW
    I SAW IT COMING!!!

• February 14, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    Give It To Me says:

If she is ok with it then I say good but Diddy still is the wackest dude alive. He keeps on messing up ppl’s lives.

• February 14, 2012 at 1:36 pm
    Justathought (Azealia Banks is coming...) says:

Not surprised. Dawn is actually very talented tho and I wish her the best.

• February 14, 2012 at 1:37 pm
    jill says:

GOOD!!!! Now maybe she can get a recording contract on Def Jam or RocNation.

• February 14, 2012 at 1:50 pm
    Yellow Gorillah says:

I also need him to release my gurl KALEENA!

Kaleena is way to talented to let a DOG Like Diddy holding her down

Make sure you check out her mixtape Chamber Of Diaries

• February 14, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    Just Me says:

Diddy seems to be a very bad and predictable business man…he only promotes himself. He has had some very talented people under him and they have gone no where because of him, and he eventually drops them all.

• February 14, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    Julien says:

She might as well have stayed. I don’t see her making that much noise in the game.

• February 14, 2012 at 2:08 pm
    RATEDX( LEGENDS ARE BORN NOT BOUGHT) says:

good luck to her…..

does that mean dirty money is over?

i wish her luck..

• February 14, 2012 at 2:14 pm
    MISHKA says:

I think Diddy does a great job at discovering and launching careers but is not able to direct his artists on a long term.

He’s not the one to blame. Those artists need to pick themselves up. Cue to Kelly Rowland.

• February 14, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    sabrina says:

Smh. It’s for the best. Diddy only cares for Assie.

• February 14, 2012 at 2:57 pm
    DEDE says:

well she can always drop her C.V in MCdonalds

• February 14, 2012 at 3:15 pm
    Lax says:

Of course he has to make extra time for ms Cassise, kiss
    kissy his ass.

• February 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm
    KING#15 says:

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME HE RELEASED DAWN A TALENT PERSON WHO PEOPLE ACTUALLY WOULD HAVE BOUGHT AN ALBUM FROM

BUT YOU KEEP CASSIE SIGNED A NO TALENT b**** WHO NOBODY EVEN TAKES SERIOUS

DIDDY IS A STRAIGHT UP b****

• February 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm
    Hasaan Fitzgerald says:

Check me out, please subscribe and give your comments on how my vlog can become better and what topics you would like to hear me talk about… Thanxs!!!

• February 14, 2012 at 3:36 pm
    Hasaan Fitzgerald says:

Check me out @ youtube hasaan213, and subscribe and comment… Thanxs!!!

• February 14, 2012 at 3:41 pm
    number1k9 says:

I’m kinda glad. Makes the playing field even for ALL of the members of Danity Kane.

Super funny tho, bc if Diddy dropped her and she didn’t ask to be released… then that means he basically used her for his s*** project AKA Dirty Money, and dropped her ass. So during that entire time when other members like Aubrey were grinding on their own, Dawn was being Diddy’s back up dancer to that fail of a group….

LOL What a waste of your time Dawn. You got what a tiny bit of money, ppl still don’t know your name, and NO record deal outta it! Gotta love the industry politics!

• February 14, 2012 at 5:10 pm
    Really says:

I’M GLAD NOW DAWN CAN FLOURISH.

• February 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm
    JENNY JONES!! says:

SHE BETTER CHECK THE FINE PRINT OF THAT RELEASE B/C THAT VAMPIRE NEVER STOPS TRYING TO SUCK BLOOD OUT OF HIS ARTIST. GOOD LUCK TO HER………….JENNY JONES!!!

• February 15, 2012 at 1:40 am
    Jasmine says:

I always thought her role in Dirt y Money was good but as a solo artist she never had that “it” factor. That on top of all her stupid decisions like refusing to do the demos for some of Diddy’s producers (a check is still a check) and getting that huge ugly tattoo that covers her entire back (sex appeal is still useful in any recording artist’s career).

• February 15, 2012 at 2:36 am
    V says:

Dawn is incredibly talented! I hope she signs with a deal and releases her great talent to the world!

• February 15, 2012 at 5:54 pm
    Kim says:

Here is the video from Diddy’s Playboy Mansion Party & Why he was rushed to the hospital afterwards:

On Location: Diddy’s Grammy After Party At The Playboy Mansion! Parties With Paris Hilton, Chris Brown, Too $hort, Mob Wives http://bit.ly/y5o8rQ