Mariah Carey Pushes Up Stage Comeback; Will Now Return This Week

Mariah Carey Promo 2 e1330441209466 Mariah Carey Pushes Up Stage Comeback; Will Now Return This Week

Pop diva Mariah Carey has made no secret of the difficulties she experienced while pregnant with twins Monroe and Moroccan. Difficulties she says she was still healing from after giving birth last April.

However, almost one year after delivering “dem babies”, it appears the ‘We Belong Together’ singer is ready to go back to her day job – performing.

Details after the jump…

Carey previously confirmed set at Morocco’s Mawazine Festival this May was to serve as her first major booking post-pregnancy, however  it has today been announced that the songbird will be taking to the stage much earlier.

The 41 year old has signed on as one of the headlining acts at the Plot Your Escape Concert this Saturday (March 3rd). Set to be televised live on Jimmy Kimmel, the extravaganza will see 4 concerts staged (in LA, NYC, Chicago, and New Orleans), with the night’s performances interwoven into one epic transmission.

Carey, who will perform at the New York show, is joined by the likes of Diddy and other soon to be announced acts.

———————————–

Never much of a performer in the traditional sense, Mariah’s live appeal has always been her voice. And while recent years had shaved a considerable amount of horse-power and octaves from her iconic range, pregnancy (and the discipline it entailed) restored much of it (see: 2010′s ‘Merry Christmas II You’). Here’s hoping, the voice we know, love, and critique, is back at its incomparable best.

• February 28, 2012 at 10:42 am
    Stoney-Brie says:

oh really? ok… *Aretha Voice*

• February 28, 2012 at 10:46 am
    kimberly says:

I hope her voice is back and she can hit the notes she refuse to hit at her concerts. If you have been to one you will know. Studio notes, live notes? looking forward to her comeback and I am hoping no one will say go take care of your kids. It’s ok for some artist I guess.

• February 28, 2012 at 10:50 am
    Kingphoenix says:

I’m super excited, Toni and Mariah, making combacks!

[...] Comeback; Will Now Return This Week That Grape Juice Tue, February 28, 2012 3:32 PM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

• February 28, 2012 at 11:07 am
    nye says:

Now with Toni and Mariah coming back — what will make it complete would be a Whitney return :-( RIP

• February 28, 2012 at 11:08 am
    tyra says:

i havent seen her perform live in ages well goodluck to her i hope she sounds good it would be nice to hear some new material from her

• February 28, 2012 at 11:21 am
    MIMI..KING B..CELINE..THE GREAT WHITNEY says:

Yes! Come on bac Mimi! We miss you! One of the Tru Voices of All Time! My favs Will Always B Ahead! I patiently waiting for KING B too complete her momma dues and Destroy the Stage again! Also i waiting for that heavenly voice of MIMI’S. And R.I.P THE GREATEST FEMALE SINGER IN MUSIC HISTORY..MISS WHITNEY HOUSTON!

• February 28, 2012 at 11:24 am
    MIMI..KING B..CELINE..THE GREAT WHITNEY says:

Yes! Come on bac Mimi! We miss you! One of the Tru Voices of All Time! My favs Will Always B Ahead! I patiently waiting for KING B too complete her momma dues and come bac and Destroy the Stage again! Also i waiting for that heavenly voice of MIMI’S! Dont know what CELINE is up too but she needs to come out with a Powerful Vocal Album! And R.I.P THE GREATEST FEMALE SINGER IN MUSIC HISTORY..MISS WHITNEY HOUSTON!

• February 28, 2012 at 11:25 am
    MIMI..KING B..CELINE..THE GREAT WHITNEY says:

Yes! Come on bac Mimi! We miss you! One of the Tru Voices of All Time! My favs Will Always B Ahead! I patiently waiting for KING B too complete her momma dues and come bac and Destroy the Stage and make Bishes faint again! Also i waiting for that heavenly voice of MIMI’S! Dont know what CELINE is up too but she needs to come out with a Powerful Vocal Album! And R.I.P THE GREATEST FEMALE SINGER IN MUSIC HISTORY..MISS WHITNEY HOUSTON!

• February 28, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Royalkev says:

I feel you Kimberly!
    I actually went to a Mariah concert in 2009 or ’10. The tickets were free. Mariah holds back a lot and she seems kind of uncomfortable in her movement live. It honestly was a bit boring at times. I remember thinking that I would be bored at an Alicia Keys concert and she turned out to be amazing. I had higher expectations for Mimi , but let’s just say I’ll probably pass on her next time. Still, Mimi has a great music catalog though.

• February 28, 2012 at 11:53 am
    Bey Fan says:

Love me some MC…. I hope she comes back strong. She’s already iconic and legendary, but I still dont want her coming back sounding like Kesha.

Rihanna: Speaking of a hog, did see you that Jenny Craig commercial with Mariah
    Mariah: I will read you thru transition lenses …i can do this all day..and all night

• February 28, 2012 at 11:56 am
    Gaga's Army says:

Sit down old cow….it is going to F L O P :(

• February 28, 2012 at 11:58 am
    Godney Spears says:

FLOP OF THE HAS-BEENS CONCERT !!!!!! Hahhahahahahahahaha

• February 28, 2012 at 12:01 pm
    Matty says:

AMAZINGGG!!!!
    Mariah’s better live then she is on album, she always does something new with her songs, mixes it up somehow, keeps it fresh and adds random notes here or there! #illestDiva.

Hope Diddy and MC do Honey !!!!!!!!

• February 28, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    MIMI..KING B..CELINE..THE GREAT WHITNEY says:

@Britney Spears fan..Question? Has Femne Fatale went platnuim yet? Better yet, has she even went gold yet? Just some things i will like to know because MIMI is far from a flop.

• February 28, 2012 at 12:20 pm
    tyra says:

@ godney spears u r one to talk ur fave cant even see mariah anyways i suspect u and gaga army r the same person sad and pathetic

• February 28, 2012 at 12:27 pm
    Dante says:

Yesssss!!! im so rdy for New music from Mariah

• February 28, 2012 at 12:32 pm
    kimberly says:

@ MATTY lieS lies lies, have you been to a mariah concert and further more do you know anything about vocal ranges and reproducing songs at concerts. mariaH does not sing live LIKE her record. I have been to two of mariah concerts and I sing along but nothing spectacular. I don’t know what is great to some of yall but yall need to be truthful. I am not taking anything away from her i am just speaking the truth. I have all her albums and i know all her songs word to word but she disappointed me live not once but twice and never again. i guess i will stick to the cd.
    if youa re not a performer and all you do is sing, your audience suppose to get the best live singing ever. she does nothing to alter her breathing. what is her excuse? I am waiting to see these clips on youtube.

• February 28, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    Rihanna Queen of Billboard says:

She cant even fill up a town hall-sized venue…thats why she needs those Toni Braxton and few has beens to cover her fat cow arse… LOL

• February 28, 2012 at 12:56 pm
    Yulanda says:

Mariah Carey Will Crack The Stage: Will Now Return This Week To The Gym

:D

• February 28, 2012 at 1:12 pm
    The Constipation of MooommmmOoooo says:

Next?????

• February 28, 2012 at 2:01 pm
    Theman says:

Don’t you haters have something to do. It’s the same losers in her thread all the time. She can buy and sale all of your broke azzes. Go sit down somewhere.

• February 28, 2012 at 2:01 pm
    Gaga Army returns says:

Mariah is an old cow.

• February 28, 2012 at 2:05 pm
    Theman says:

She’ll be amazing, she’s a singer/vocalist thats what she does. @Royal most of Mariah’s concerts seem like alot of fun. Then to you stay hating anyway. It ain’t like you make a difference going ttter without you.

• February 28, 2012 at 2:09 pm
    Disbiz says:

Damn real haters here.. Mariah will kill your faves with a single note … Cannot wait I think her album will be dedicated to Whitney dembabies and the fans :)

• February 28, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    pat says:

love her, but her voice is shot…..

• February 28, 2012 at 2:52 pm
    Theman says:

^^^ You must’ve been under a rock, she’s been sounding amazing.

• February 28, 2012 at 2:53 pm
    Gus says:

Im really good when i see news than this!!!!! Love mimi!!!!!!

• February 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm
    Royalkev says:

@The Man
    I stay hating?… I have no reason to my friend. Mariah doesn’t move me and I don’t get passionate over artists that don’t even make me blink when they come out of hiding. She’s not one of my favs, but I respect her music. That’s as far as it goes for me. I thought that was decent enough for me to mention, especially since I don’t really care for Mariah. You have fun at her concerts, now we know what you call a good time! I think there’s nothing fun about Mariah, but obviously she’s your cup of tea! Knock yourself out man! The rest of your comment is incomprehensible, so I’ll let you enjoy your multiple posting for this post and move on.

• February 28, 2012 at 4:54 pm
    JohnVidal (RIPWhitney-true great) says:

Mariah is a brilliant vocalist and songwriter!!! We all know she is better at that than at performing live for different reasons. That doesn´t mean s***. She´s a true great. Only cos of her catalogue and songwritting skills she kills most of your favs… so go figure when she puts her incredible and unique vocals on there. She´s such a nervous person on stage, always was, so what?

• February 28, 2012 at 5:04 pm
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

WOWOWOWOW SO EXCITED MIMI IS GOING TO OWN!

• February 28, 2012 at 6:09 pm
    Theman says:

@RoyalKev or whom ever u are, everytime it’s anything Mariah u come thru with something smart to say. If she’s not one of your favorites cool, guess what nobody cares. You were the one that came into her thread as you do all the time with something to say. Also, outside of Mariah’s spectacular music which is actually alot better than most, she also has a great personality which is a hella lot better than others. The reason i called you a hater is because whenever Mariah is mentioned here you come with your long winded unnecessary azz comments. It’s fine to have your own views however, she doesn’t move you but you felt obligated to come here and post that she about her. Ok sit alll the way down. If everytime a Mariah thread came about and you weren’t always making snarky comments, then all would be cool.

• February 28, 2012 at 6:40 pm
    Royalkev says:

@Some man

It’s not that serious! Mariah isn’t on my radar like that and I don’t feel pressed enough to come in all her posts so I can leave nasty remarks about Mariah – of all people! If this was Madonna or even Gaga you might actually have a point. I simple don’t have any hate for Mariah, so I think your a little too sensitive right now about your fav. If I wanted to attack her, I would have been a lot more aggressive about it. So tone it down, not everyone is infatuated with Mimi. You say I’m long winded, but your comments that your directing towards me are getting pretty lengthy. Don’t be that passionate dude, it’s no stan war! RELAX and stop acting like your her label head!

• February 28, 2012 at 10:16 pm
    Theman says:

@RoyalKev sometimes those comments apply to folks like you. I’m no label head or anything. But you do act desperate. In alot of Mariah’s threads you always have something to say. If you (claim) she isn’t on your radar then why bother? There are plenty of gimmick/visual acts like Gaga/Madonna that you can feast in. I’m cool, you’re the one thats needs to relax. One more thing you aren’t pressed, but you were pressed enough to come into this post to say that she’s not on your radar. The hypocrisy !!!!!!!