To Our Readers

New Music: Dawn Richard – ‘Fly’

Dawn New Music: Dawn Richard   Fly

Danity Kane‘s Dawn is officially getting her ‘one shot’ by stepping out on her own!

On the heels of being let go from her ‘Bad Boy Entertainment’ contract comes a brand new song by the name of ‘Fly’.

Listen to the former Dirty Money vocalist take flight on ‘Fly’ after the jump and sound-off below.

Ray J reaction New Music: Dawn Richard   Fly

Are you feeling it?

1. February 27, 2012 at 2:41 pm
    bgkc says:

umm… no.

2. February 27, 2012 at 2:46 pm
    Paula says:

I actually love it! I can definitely hear this in the club.

3. February 27, 2012 at 2:51 pm
    pat says:

song’s ok..love her tho

4. February 27, 2012 at 2:51 pm
    Me that's who says:

UMM YES..I LOVE THIS SONG AND THE LYRICS ARE ON POINT. I DO NOT CARE WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY. THIS SONG FIT THE TITLE OF IT’S NAME “FLY”!

5. February 27, 2012 at 2:52 pm
    crack0back0 says:

not fellin

6. February 27, 2012 at 2:52 pm
    Me that's who says:

I LOVE IT!

7. Vote

[...] Music: Dawn Richard – ‘Fly’ That Grape Juice Mon, February 27, 2012 7:36 PM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

8. February 27, 2012 at 3:06 pm
    MONTE says:

IT would be alot better if so much wasn’t goin on in the background OVER PRODUCED

9. February 27, 2012 at 3:09 pm
    Jamie says:

Omg that GIF took me out!!!!!!!!

10. February 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm
    Kingphoenix says:

is she tryna be Rihanna?

11. February 27, 2012 at 3:20 pm
    Oh please!!!!!!!!! says:

Just when she was starting to change my mind about her she goes and drops this. Now I know its the Druski guy that’s the genius in this relationship because without him.

12. February 27, 2012 at 3:21 pm
    iateezy says:

tryna be rihanna? not one ririsong sound like this one and this one is just ok… i dont know what dawn is doing but all those songs she putting on the internet this month are all just ok. I know she can do better! but i think shes busy with getting her name up on the internet so people wont forget her… i know i wont

13. February 27, 2012 at 3:25 pm
    Olly Murrs says:

I saw videos of her performing this live a while ago and it is so much better than this over produced tripe. http://youtu.be/Lj5S3hJk78Q but the lyrics are terrible. Like nursery school rhythm basic.

14. February 27, 2012 at 3:29 pm
    ABB says:

SOO dumb of her to stay with BadBoy, Diddy only used her for dirty money so thats why he broke Danity Kane. Every group has ups and downs but no her only thought of himself that dumbass. Sometimes when i’m on twitter, a lot of people tweet about DK and even made them a TT worldwide a couple of times. I want a reunion now.
    The only smart one is Aubrey O’Day. She is on the Celebrity Apprentice (7 million viewers) now promoting herself and letting people see her smart side. Next to that she is recording her Album on SRC Universal and preparing for the second season of All About Aubrey. It doesnt matter if people talk s*** about Aubrey, she is getting her name out and expanding her fanbase.
    What is Dawn doing? Diddy just dropped her ass.

Its a cute song, she should have dropped the autotune cause she doesnt need it.

15. February 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm
    hu says:

nice idea but that mix is distracting…among other things…got bored to quickly…like the idea fit tho…

16. February 27, 2012 at 3:34 pm
    jo says:

FFirst of all the real version does NOT sound so squeaky and the bass is so much powerful…….where u can feel it! I love Dawn n i think the lyrics r so confident I love it

17. February 27, 2012 at 3:36 pm
    vaun says:

this shpws her diversity.. and “oh please” she does all the writing and co producing with druski so that genuis is not just him… I think she is trying to touch all her fans.. this is that club record for peolple who don’t get the deeper stuff with Druski. oh and ABB babe she isnt with bad boy anymore!

18. February 27, 2012 at 3:59 pm
    Dev says:

I watched the link that Olly posted and the live version sounds better than this one. The only Thing Rihanna and this song have in common is that they are only good for the gym

19. February 27, 2012 at 4:02 pm
    Dev says:

Actually, i listened again. If this was Nikki M. ya’ll would be creaming your pants and panties over it.

20. February 27, 2012 at 4:03 pm
    MISHKA says:

Sounds ok but the production is too heavy, I think.

21. February 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm
    Traviie says:

Mane, this ishhh rite here Go supA Stupid!!! Sooooo Lovin” this……………..I am the definition of Fly

22. February 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm
    BLACK MADONNA says:

Production is a lil heavy but I love me some Dawn

23. February 27, 2012 at 11:17 pm
    Popeater says:

its not the Dawn I’m used to, but I kinda like. I agree with @Dev, if this was Nicki Minaj or Rhianna, y’all would be all over it.

24. February 28, 2012 at 4:37 am
    @antertain says:

I actually think if Rihanna sung this she would kill this.
    Different key though
    Beat is decent.

25. February 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    DEW says:

its finally good to read some comments that agree with what i have been saying. the production in this song is an epic fail! its just everywhere and sounds a bit childish. Druski did not produce this anyway. I think Dawn should just stick 2 Druski for this her project. Overall, i have not been impressed with what she has been putting out but this one is the worst for me. I wish her all the best but i am yet to see any of her new releases that can equal her ‘Tell tale heart’ mixtape. i would have bought that mixtape but if her project is going to sound like this, i cant see myself buying it.