Katy Perry Readies 3D Concert Movie

624533554087fd9a56b1db115a714813 Katy Perry Readies 3D Concert Movie

It hasn’t been too long since ‘Peacock’ performer Katy Perry last saw her name on marquees for her  ‘California Dreams’ Tour.  Fans who missed the got the chance to see Perry sing off key live are getting a second chance.  Much like her latest album ‘Teenage Dream’, the concert is getting a ‘re-release’ (of sorts).  Sending fans into a frenzy moments ago, Perry took to Twitter to announce:

kptweet Katy Perry Readies 3D Concert Movie

Following the trend of Michael Jackson and her fellow pop tarts Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, and more, Perry’s venture into film shares the title of the #1/lead single from the forthcoming ‘Complete Confection’ (March 26th).

The film, to be distributed by Paramount Pictures, has yet to have its release date revealed.

• March 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm
    Perry Power says:

I new about the concert tour DVD, but I didnt expect it to go to theatre and in 3-D!! That is huge!!! I think its safe to say Katy Perry has acheived iconic status now. And to think 4 years ago people wrote her off as a one hit wonder

[...] Perry Readies 3D Concert Movie That Grape Juice Thu, March 8, 2012 1:42 AM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

• March 7, 2012 at 8:56 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

Go charty …The HOT100 queen

• March 7, 2012 at 9:00 pm
    KatyCat says:

Legend Perry. How many pop chicks had their tour turned into a3-D Summer blockbuster event? I’ll wait

• March 7, 2012 at 9:02 pm
    KatyCat says:

Now ima need Katy to come out of hiding and drop the Part of Me music video and start performing the song and giving it promo. So far the only promo it has got is from the Grammy performance almost a month ago.

• March 7, 2012 at 9:11 pm
    LTM says:

I know its a cliche statement, but your fav could never

That Katy Perry Reign Just Wont Let Up ;)

• March 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm
    jamir21 says:

OH LAWD !

• March 7, 2012 at 9:48 pm
    Kelis says:

I Was there! the concert was filmed live in Los Angeles @ the Staples center the day before Thanksgiving! should be awesome too see in theatres!
    along with my fave songs : Pearl & Thinking of You!

• March 7, 2012 at 10:21 pm
    Dreamer says:

• March 8, 2012 at 1:24 am
    THE GREAT LACEFRONCE. says:

It will DEFINITELY flop :)
    She is STRUGGLING for relevancy & desperately trying to break records :?

5 Phony #1s & she STRUGGLED for 2x plat in the US lol!! :)

• March 8, 2012 at 3:32 am
    Tbozfan10 says:

I’m sorry but I don’t think it will be a huge success. Thats just my opinion and I could be proven wrong. I’m not a “hater.” But Katy Perry’s music is huge and her singles are setting records. But the Reason bieber Jo bros & MJ were able to have concerts in theatre is because their fanbase didn’t just love their music, thru loved the artist personally in a way. And minus MJ the other 2 had nothing but a legion of children as fans. Catch my drift?

• March 8, 2012 at 5:55 am
    Perryperryperry says:

Yes Katy!!!!! Can’t wait

• March 8, 2012 at 11:04 am
    Eva says:

Oh man, this will flop hard. No one cares, Katy. She hopes Justin Bieber’s little girl fans will go to her movie? Ha ha!

• March 8, 2012 at 1:02 pm
    HALF AMAZIN says:

I think this is a bad idea to put it in the theater. I’m not a huge fan of Beyonce, but if THAT bish can’t sell in a theater, who in THE HELL is going to see Katy Perry??

Throngs of tween girls went to see Bieber and the Jonas Brothers, doubtful they’re going to see Katy that way. If I worked for Paramount I would have pushed a Taylor Swift movie! $$$$!!! She’s so seemingly sweet and wholesome and soccer moms would fill up the mini van STAT to go eat that s*** up! They doing the most mixing up the wrong kool aid!