To Our Readers

New Music: Melody Thornton- ‘P.O.Y.B.L’

melody poybl cover New Music: Melody Thornton  P.O.Y.B.L

It’s been a long time coming, but Melody Thornton is finally here.

Indeed, after watching Nicole Scherzinger almost make it a soloist and then fail at doing so, the one-time Doll presses forward with her new mixtape, ‘P.O.Y.B.L‘.

Branded ‘Soul-Pop’ by the singer herself, get right into ‘P*ss On Your Blacklist‘ below…

Look out for Thornton on  the next episode of ‘The Splash’, coming soon.

1. |
    March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am
    Carter Ivy Blue says:

Nice Voice And Well Controlled But Sounds Too Much Like Christina Aguliera. Maybe Timbaland Can Give Her The Sound She Needs

2. |
    March 15, 2012 at 9:50 am
    kingphoenix9 says:

I really liked this mixtape but i agree with Cater Ivy Blue…to many Christiana runs and inotations…it reminds me of the whole p**** cat doll reality series when every girl pretty girl with a cute lillte voice on the show tried to have that skanky souflul pop Christina sound right after Stripped was so successful. I guess…but good luck Melody, i like what your doing, just learn how to use your voice better. When Beyonce is out of her prime, I hope she becomes a vocal coach or something to teach these girls about technique.

3. |
    March 15, 2012 at 10:21 am
    Dev says:

Liked it but its too Christina… although she’s always been too Christina. Would be a great artist if she cut the Christinaism out, it’s probably why she struggled being signed

4. |
    March 15, 2012 at 10:29 am
    JoArmy says:

I love this mixtape! My fav song is the one that got away

5. |
    March 15, 2012 at 10:39 am
    JoArmy says:

Hit the ground running! those vocals! finally someone from pcd i can listen to…melody>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nicole pwnd!

6. |
    March 15, 2012 at 11:47 am
    crackiswack says:

This is really good. With the right marketing this girl can go very far. She’s far more talented and appealing than Nicole Flopzinger who has already had her ten shots at fame. I’m rooting for Melody after hearing this.

7. |
    March 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm
    Aunt Jackie says:

I think she’s almost perfect. If she toned down the vocals a half a decibel. This whole mixtape should be called f*** YOU NICOLE, YOU’RE A FLOP. She’s got her own style, sound and star quality. Hope she does well.

8. |
    March 15, 2012 at 12:47 pm
    MUTHAFUCKAH WE ROWLAND says:

This is CRAZY GOOD. GOOOOO MELODY!!!!! She deserves success because this Mixtape could have been a best selling album.

9. |
    March 15, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    Hilly says:

It’s pretty gppd, i”m imressed actually. It’s better than Nicole. Love Bulletproof,Loving you better, Hit The Ground Running.
    XOXO, Hil.

10. |
    March 15, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    theone says:

wow. i never thought i would say that I am impressed. wtf. she is amazin.g

11. |
    March 15, 2012 at 1:34 pm
    loumorgan says:

Voice like christina for sure!!
    but it’s not her fault…

the work is great… and better than Nicole..
    who does she need to f*** to be signed..
    maybe that ugly face Robin antin…

check my new music video

@loumorgan1

12. |
    March 15, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    chriss says:

f*** Christina really…..this is Fire…love it a sweet vendetta

13. |
    March 15, 2012 at 2:46 pm
    Richard says:

YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT NICOLE CAN DO WITH HER VOICE!
    Search a little more so you won’t say stupid things, they’re both amazing singers but nicole is so much talented: she has a bigger vocal range and much more versatility. a true performer.

14. |
    March 15, 2012 at 4:18 pm
    J says:

I mean, if you could sing anywhere close to Christina, wouldnt you? Lol.

I would be super reckless singing like her if i could! I like these songs.

15. |
    March 15, 2012 at 5:11 pm
    Beud says:

I realy like it >>>BULLETPROOF<<< amazing Love it

16. |
    March 15, 2012 at 6:11 pm
    TANYATO3 says:

It sounds like “hit the ground running” was geared toward nicole from PCD.

17. Vote

[...] Melody’s new mixtape ‘‘P.O.Y.B.L’‘ is out now. [...]

18. |
    March 16, 2012 at 12:10 am
    CH says:

Tape is boss! @Richard calm down, Nicole can have as much versatility as she wants what she doesnt have is a personality or even worse she has about a million, one for every song/single when one fails she trys on a new one. Melanie seems to know who she is and this is evidenced by the cohesion on the record I am very shocked and amazed.

19. |
    March 16, 2012 at 2:55 am
    GETONMYLEVEL says:

Yo I haven’t listen to much of melody before just a few songs by her and they all sounded good but the sound on this new mixtape is amazing this really could be a full album a top selling one , I’m just shocked she wasn’t the lead of the PCD she sings circles around Nicole…or least let the group have the DK vocal dynamic where they all sang lead. very happy with this product congrats melody.

20. |
    March 16, 2012 at 5:11 am
    POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) says:

i got ” Killer LOVE” and this melody mixtape is so much better than Nicole’s cd.

This girl got “IT” , she just need a chance !! #underdog

Please promote her more @sam ;)

21. |
    March 16, 2012 at 5:53 am
    nvakasha says:

Melody is amazing. If she sounds like Christina so what that’s how her voice is. Many people sound alike. Melody has her own thing.

22. |
    March 17, 2012 at 12:38 pm
    - says:

I don’t think she’s trying to sound like Christina aguilera, that’s Just how she sounds

23. Vote

[...] on the promo trail for her new mixtape, ‘P.O.Y.B.L (P*ss On Your Black List)”, former Doll Melody Thornton stopped by This Is 50, where she [...]

24. |
    March 19, 2012 at 3:46 am
    SimpleGuy says:

She’s amazing! Someone To Believe is my favourite!

25. Vote

[...] Melody’s new mixtape ‘‘P.O.Y.B.L’‘ is out now. [...]

26. Vote

[...] Thornton continues along the promo trail for her critically acclaimed mixtape, ‘P.O.Y.B.L‘, today serving up the video for the haunting ‘Smoking [...]

27. |
    April 4, 2012 at 9:24 am
    Marvin Brown says:

Does it matter if she sounds like christina it’s who she was influence by obviously! so stop comparing her to her she has her own sound and doing this basicly on her own. I don’t see any of you who are getting on her with a mixtape on the grape juice so sit down and shutup. And don’t see people complain when beyonce be around here stealing from other artist calling it inspiration and selling it as her own ideas. If you gonna get one person get on them all. I like her she is bringing a different feel to music that is needed. I’m tired of catchy hooks, simple beats, and no substains, i.e Stupid h**. So thank you melody thorton ! Do your thing you have my support!

28. Vote

[...] from her new mix tape ‘POYBL’, the video takes a trip down memory lane revisiting the star’s most poignant moments, from [...]