To Our Readers

Must See: Dawn Richard Addresses Day 26 ‘Gay Rumors’, Diddy And Danity Kane

dawn richard armor on2 500x500 Must See: Dawn Richard Addresses Day 26 Gay Rumors, Diddy And Danity Kane

After kicking up a storm with ‘Bombs‘ earlier this week, Dawn Richard stopped by Power 105‘s ‘The Breakfast Club‘ this morning for a truly telling chit chat.

While subject matter stayed light and bright on a musical tip, the Danity Kane ex found herself at the mercy of Charlemagne Tha God, who quizzed her on all things controversial.

Namely, reports of an infidel ex boyfriend, her thoughts on her ex boss Diddy and the truth behind Danity Kane’s split.

Watch below…

1. March 29, 2012 at 1:37 pm
    Davon says:

This b**** is so damn irrelevant

2. Vote

[...] 26 ‘Gay Rumors’, Diddy And Danity Kane That Grape Juice Thu, March 29, 2012 6:27 PM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

3. March 29, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    davon2 says:

@davon Kalenna is that you? you must be mad cause nobody checking for yo whack ass have a seat … I love dawn

4. March 29, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    millhouse says:

I love this Haitian girl! If she puts out some more good songs and good videos, she might just be in the running to go toe to toe with Beyonce… you never know -_-*

Bows down to kiss the Queen’s feet, and begs for forgiveness from her majesty for mentioning the name of another while in the confines of the Bee Hive…. ALL HAIL QUEEN BEE!!! ALL HAIL QUEEN BEE*

lol

I’ll support Dawn, she is very talented.

5. March 29, 2012 at 1:43 pm
    millhouse says:

6. March 29, 2012 at 1:44 pm
    millhouse says:

@DAVON – for someone who is irrelevant, she sure is making a dent on those iTunes charts… Somebody like her…

7. March 29, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    Unknown says:

@Davon Que is that you? YOU MAD

8. March 29, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    millhouse says:

@TGJ… LOL yall are crazy with the titles ya’ll put on yall posts. She aint address no gay rumors. Charlamagne made a joke that Que was homo, and she laughed. It was crazy that she laughed and didnt defend him, but oh well… i guess thats the way the cookie crumbles. I know Que is shittin his pants rite now. He probably never thought he would have to go through these gay rumors again, but even yrs later, its still haunting him. SMH… he must be so embarrassed. Although I do think he is fruity, I dont think it is right to out someone… Although, when you put yourself in the public eye, you are bound to be looked over with a fine tooth comb… & something about him just screams gay. HE had me a little convinced that maybe he was str8 when him and Dawn had made it past a 2 yr mark… but the way she laughed and explained the situation does make it seem like maybe she found out he was gay, or maybe she found out he was cheating on her with a dude…

Most women would be embarrassed to say that they found out their boyfriend was gay, so i can understand why she would not want to talk about it at all… and she doesnt want to put him on blast…. she has a good heart. although, you never know.. She could be the gay one…. You can never tell these days…. *shrugs shoulders

9. March 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm
    pat says:

number one r and b and top 25 album with no label support….thats a good luck…go dawn!

10. March 29, 2012 at 2:42 pm
    54321 says:

I have so much respect for her. Very classy and I love how she didn’t throw anyone under the bus. I’m rooting for her. She’s doing major things with no label support.

11. March 29, 2012 at 2:56 pm
    antertain says:

She works hard and loves music.
    She comes across as not very patient but that is the HUNGER & DRIVE in her.

Good interview and also kinda glad she didnt totally close the door on a DK comeback because the door is WAY open for that group if they could work that out (I know wishful thinking)

I’m buying the EP

12. March 29, 2012 at 2:58 pm
    LindseyMari says:

I do love her interview skills. It’s not so much rehearsed. She’s so sincere and a good conversationalist that can go with the flow of whatever is asked. She did remind me a lil bit of Yandy from Love & HipHop with how she was so stuck on numbers, sales figures, and getting checks $$$, but she’s been working hard for years, so I wish her more luck.

13. March 29, 2012 at 3:02 pm
    ChocoBrown says:

Good interview. Charlamagne will be CHARLAMAGE

She doing good and grinding it out.
    Well Done DAWN!

I like how she shouted out JoJo and other talents that should have more success.

14. March 29, 2012 at 3:12 pm
    Mirro says:

@LindseyMari. I also thought of Yandi when she mentioned “getting checks”. But I understand, she has to be the entertainer, the creator, and manager of her career since she doesn’t have label support. Much respect for her.

Just bought the EP. On track 4. So far really good.

15. March 29, 2012 at 3:14 pm
    mobwife says:

I loath and detest the Breakfast Club one and all…ewwww!

Diddy said he wanted to do one final CD and he did. I like Dawn’s voice so I ish her well. Charlimagn (sp?) is just a little b*tch! :-)

16. March 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm
    Ricky says:

I looooove Dawn so much, I rock wit you boo! But one question, you got some major bed head in the interview boo…put a brush to it mama

17. March 29, 2012 at 3:47 pm
    JP says:

Get it Dawn! Love the EP. Keep the quality coming.

18. March 29, 2012 at 4:55 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

More power to her,she is not entering in the criteria of the pop world right now…Keep up the good work.
    ——————-
    Sam
    can we get Rita ora behind the scene of R.I.P. in between all those goats posts please.
    Sincerely

;)

19. March 29, 2012 at 5:31 pm
    RIHANNANAVY CAPTAIN says:

That Dawn is something fierce! It’s a shame that labels have slept on her, but I think this experience is making her a better artist beyond imagination. Go, Dawn!

20. March 29, 2012 at 6:33 pm
    BEYRIHSTAN says:

21. March 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm
    BEYRIHSTAN says:

& she’s soooooooo real!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love it

22. March 29, 2012 at 6:50 pm
    Jay says:

She looks so foolish with that piece on her head. Her “edginess” seems so forced to me. I’ve tried to like Dawn, but……

23. March 29, 2012 at 7:01 pm
    Slick Rick says:

but the reality of the situation is

24. March 29, 2012 at 7:08 pm
    Sean Stone says:

Ya’ll should buy this EP …. It’s really good… I Got It

25. March 29, 2012 at 7:19 pm
    O_O says:

@Jay If her head is all you focused on it explains why you don’t get Dawn. Dawns for the more discerning consumer, one who wants more than some messy, easy on the eye drama queen with less substance and more gimmick.

That said. I want Dawn to ease up on the “lets get a check”…”Lets get that money” talk. She is way to classy for that and it is clearly about more than that to her so why demean yourself.

26. March 29, 2012 at 7:27 pm
    Jay says:

@——> o_o

Do not EVER address me, unless you have some of that “substance” you speak of. My ears, eyes, and BRAIN discerns enough for me to see that Dawn is just not for me. I didn’t dis her as an artist, I’m just stating an opinion and your comment has no basis.

27. March 29, 2012 at 7:52 pm
    Popeater says:

the EP is better than expected. Keep it coming Dawn. Loved the interview too.

28. March 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm
    blah says:

I swear it seems like its two dawn fans making multiple accounts to defend dawn LOL. Kalenna gets bigger and more checks than dawn anyday. dawn is just more known because she been in the public eye longer. Dawn is mediocre to me.. yeah she can sing and dance, but she is so outdated looking/acting. Her hype will die down in two weeks,

29. March 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm
    Popeater says:

@BLAH. LMAO @ mentioning Kalenna like she’s relevant. NEXT.

30. March 29, 2012 at 10:27 pm
    Uhhh says:

Where is all this Dawn vs Kalenna stuff coming from? I mean really…its childish and unnecessary. When they were in DM, everyone was lumping them together as background singers and irrelevant–now its one against the other. Its odd how Dawn always props up Kalenna and her talent, but it doesn’t seem to happen the same way from Kalenna’s side *shrugs* It makes it look like there is a one-sided envy or jealousy coming from some where, either the fans or the artist…either way its defeatus in nature. There is an opportunity for both of the ladies to exist successful in their own right. #StopIt

I think the interview came off genuine and honest…good luck to Dawn and Kalenna. I’ll support ladies with drive and talent…

31. March 29, 2012 at 10:59 pm
    DK says:

Her responses came off geniune and she held her own w/ Charlemagne. I wish for a Danity Kane Reunion minus Diddy.

32. March 29, 2012 at 11:03 pm
    theceo1974 says:

She carried herself like a champ and she is about business, if nothing else she put them all in check when they tried to belittle her position with diddy. I love what she said, If diddy were Kobe and I couldn’t get my shine in the game I still get a ring. You go Dawn stay focus and she will be a contender for any R& B. The EP is sick and a new twist on R&B.

33. March 30, 2012 at 2:23 am
    MuzikPro says:

I’m happy for Dawn, she’s a beast in the studio. There’s nothing like a prepared artist ready to work. This girl comes in with the track has the lyrics she wrote memorized, all her arrangements and harmonies ready…She knows exactly want she wants to sound like. A PROFESSIONAL. A true dream, compared to some of these other artists saying they want to be “Beyoncé” level without wanting to listen or put the work in. I think its best for her to work independently though, she has a strong personality and that doesn’t always blend in groups, especially with women. She definitely isnt trying to make friends I know that much. It be like that in the industry though, cant blame her really lol

34. March 30, 2012 at 2:27 am
    MuzikPro says:

At the end of the day talent is appreciated. Dawn can put out an ep and be successful because there is no need to wait for songwriters, vocal producers, etc etc. She’s got a nice package of her own and being at Badboy especially with Dirty Money helped her learn and hone in on things that most artists don’t get to experience at this stage of their career. Plus like she said you don’t have to split the money for all that extra stuff either. Pay yourself.

35. March 30, 2012 at 3:25 am
    coffee says:

Nice one Dawn!!

“the girl who looks like she can chew through walls” @ 6:20 oooooohhh charlamagne how he gonna diss poor kalenna like that. OUCH!!
    I really didnt want to laugh but that was so left field and out of order.

Get those cheques. I will support

36. March 30, 2012 at 12:09 pm
    Uhh Okaii says:

@ Davon Diddy…but why you mad though cause you know she can be big without u

37. March 30, 2012 at 12:11 pm
    Uhh Okaii says:

Lol @ Diddy hiding behind Davon’s name..angry

38. May 16, 2012 at 2:59 pm
    DB says:

I think Dawn is very well spoken. Great interview.