Monica Shares ‘New Life’ With 106 & Park

shares
monica 106 park Monica Shares New Life With 106 & Park

With Monica‘s ‘New Life’ finally in stores, the singer has hit the promotional run in support of it. Her latest stop? BET’s 106 & Park, where she chatted¬†¬†it up about everything from the album, to the status of her joint tour with Brandy, to her marriage, and more.

Peep the interview after the jump…

Are you checking for ‘New Life’? We’ve had ‘Daddy’s Good Girl’ on repeat here at TGJ HQ!

shares

blue (24)

1. April 11, 2012 at 4:57 am
    Sleazy says:

Yesssss monica And its a great album I love it

2. April 11, 2012 at 6:15 am
    Lax says:

Power House and a staple in the Fabric of our music lives!

3. April 11, 2012 at 6:18 am
    Lax says:

Love her mannerism and her sass and class.Her voice is beautiful,
    very Soulful and her songs has deepth in them, and her emotions or
    Raw and can be seen and heard in her vocals.

4. April 11, 2012 at 6:53 am
    lol says:

real soulful music unlike that s*** by beyonce and rihanna they call r&b

5. April 11, 2012 at 6:54 am
    TJ says:

Love the CD. These songs have so much Depth to them.
    “WIthout You” “Amazing” “Time to Move On” “Cry” “Until Its Gone” “Big Mistake” “In 3D” “Catch Me” “Man Who Has Everything” Both the Intro and Outro

Ok: Daddy’s Good Girl.

Fillers in my opinion are : “Breathe” “Take a Chance”

Overall, This album is REALLY GOOD…. I mean she is singing her ass off on a lot of these songs. The arrangements are BEAUTIFUL…

I LOVE this album.

6. April 11, 2012 at 6:57 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Love Monica, she looks hot!
    She dresses so well.
    Love the album, so beautiful songs on it!

7. April 11, 2012 at 7:01 am
    arfa says:

NEW LIFE, ITS MORE LIKE ”NO LIFE” (I HATE THIS ALBUM) STILL STANDING s*** ON ”NO LIFE” (I’M DISAPPOINTED)

8. April 11, 2012 at 7:06 am
    arfa says:

New life? Its more like ”no life or low life” Still standing shits on this album ”But I do love Mo, but not this”

9. April 11, 2012 at 7:52 am
    [email protected] says:

but why did it take her 15 years to try a new look? she should of been worn her hair long, now she looks like the beautiful redbone girl she shoulda been played

10. April 11, 2012 at 7:59 am
    Ronie says:

I can relate to so much on this album. I love the arrangments of these songs. They are simply beautiful.

I personally can relate to how raw she was on this album. Some may find it boring, but if you listen to the lyrics and how she breathes life into these songs, you’d be blown away.

I can feel the pain of the break up songs, and I can feel and personally understand the love she is in now… especially when she sings like, ” How did I survive all this time without you / I thank God every night that you’re laying by side..”

Go Monica for giving this Mature album.

11. April 11, 2012 at 8:03 am
    Yara says:

Nice album. Not perfect, but a really good showing of soulful vocals.

This is definitely mature and has that grit that I personally like listening to. This album has more hits, than misses.

This is worth adding to the collection.

12. April 11, 2012 at 8:22 am
    Derrick says:

Over half of this album really works for me. I like Still Standing Much more, but this isn’t bad by no mean. Get it Monica!!!

13. April 11, 2012 at 8:31 am
    Shynlow says:

Love her! i can’t wait to get my copy of her new cd!
    & yall please follow me now: http://twitter.com/shynlownoam

14. April 11, 2012 at 8:50 am
    latisha says:

I wish i liked the album more than I do but it’s pretty dull…

She could have done a lot better.

15. April 11, 2012 at 10:47 am
    antertain says:

This album has direction and a theme of dealing with past then moving on and embracing the new life so you have songs like Big Mistake, Until It’s Gone, Time To Move On etc… & then you have songs like Without You, Amazin, Daddys Good Girl, Man Who Has Everything that embraces that newness and understanding.

This album has direction more than any other Monica album although Still Standing is still my favourite album in terms of overall songs.

I feel that having a balanced album like this New Life CD mean that theres room for even more when it comes to the next album.

Very impressed i am with Monica and the growth of music in certain songs

Real R&B and SANGING all on this

16. March 30, 2014 at 5:43 pm
    Ralph Lauren Outlet says:

I think other site proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and great user genial style and design, let alone the content. You’re an expert in this topic!