Remembering Left Eye…10 Years On

shares
left eye Remembering Left Eye...10 Years On

Today marks the tenth anniversary of Lisa ‘Left Eye Lopes’ passing on to eternity.

And while many a kind word are often cooked up for the departed, the latter couldn’t hold truer for the TLC stalwart. For, her impact -both within the confines of the Grammy winning group and beyond- are ever-enduring.

Indeed, Lopes’ sass, spark, and unparalleled talent earned her legitimate legend status by the time of her death, aged just 30 at the hands of a freak car accident in the Honduras.

And while her physical demise remains one of music’s most shocking tragedies, what lives on and lives loud is her stellar body of work. A body which has enabled many a female group and femcee to be somebody. Hence, for that and so much more, Lisa ‘Left Eye’ Lopes, That Grape Juice salutes you.

Check out some of our favourite Lisa moments below…

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (80)

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• Tyler

Tyler (58)

• rita ora

rita ora (57)

1. April 25, 2012 at 7:17 am
    YAAAS BOO! says:

damn yo! i can’t believe it’s been 10 years.

2. April 25, 2012 at 7:27 am
    JJFan1814 says:

I remember my mom telling me the news after I came home from school, I was taking a s*** on the toilet….

R.I.P. Lisa

3. April 25, 2012 at 7:47 am
    PluralRaspberry says:

She was definantly talented.She lives on.Never forgotten

4. April 25, 2012 at 8:53 am
    Tami says:

Such a beautiful and talented person, she is truly missed.

5. April 25, 2012 at 8:56 am
    gees says:

RIP homey…:). She made me ffel like a homey. love you lisa!

6. Vote

[…] SOURCE Share and Enjoy […]

7. April 25, 2012 at 9:14 am
    beyonce'sHANDMADEwigBYtina says:

Rest In Peace Lisa! The day you passed a supernova transpired and ” a new star was born” TLC: The Legacy Continues! +

8. April 25, 2012 at 9:19 am
    Demetrius Blacc says:

I remember i was in lock up as a teenager and some kids who graduated called up to the place to see if I was ok!! I miss Lefteye! She was in the best girl group that ever lived!!

9. April 25, 2012 at 9:55 am
    l-boz says:

Lisa will never be forgotten. Thank you TGJ for the tribute.

10. Vote

[…] via ThatGrapeJuice.net. Share this:FacebookTwitterEmailTags: Grammy, Left Eye Lopes, TLC […]

11. April 25, 2012 at 10:21 am
    Tru Voice says:

RIP!!!!! :( SO SAD. TLC was the greatest, I grew up off them.

12. April 25, 2012 at 10:48 am
    Adrian says:

Left-Eye inspired many of the female rappers (NICKI,NICKI,NICKI) of today. She brought a comical nature to a song while still remaining a serious lyricist and garnering much respect for it. She was so beautiful and such a warm spirit! I really would love to hear some new material from TLC in 2012 because I feel like T Boz and Chili have taken enough time off. They need to use the gifts they are blessed with while they still can. Both are still beautiful and youthful and in amazing shape.

TLC will always be one of my favorite groups. Can never resist jamming to Creep, Baby Baby Baby, and Diggin On You. If anybody has not heard “I’m Good At Being Bad” by TLC they need to hop on that ASAP. Click on the link below and get ready to laugh lol. For me it’s a favorite.

TLC-“I’m Good At Being Bad”

13. April 25, 2012 at 11:00 am
    Cory says:

@Adrian I want that as well but T-Boz has a brain tumor and has gained a lot of weight.

14. April 25, 2012 at 11:13 am
    Adrian says:

Oh wow I did not know that at all. She has really gone through the storm with her health. I could have sworn TGJ had just posted a video of her speaking of NeNe Leakes and other questions from fans. I must have overlooked that information about her well-being.

15. April 25, 2012 at 11:17 am
    Ja'mila Dior says:

Yessss Left Eyed Will Forever Be Remembered. I Love Her So Much. Her & Aaliyah Where always the two ladies i wanted to marry growing up.

16. April 25, 2012 at 11:21 am
    Meeeeeuuuuuu says:

17. April 25, 2012 at 11:32 am
    hello says:

Has anyone noticed when it was aaliyah’s 10th year annivasary beyonce annouced she was pregnant and now left eyes 10th year shes out about on a magazine cover etc. Weird.

18. April 25, 2012 at 12:00 pm
    QueenSize says:

I miss Left Eye. The first time I saw her on tv i was mesmerized. She was everything to me. LE always had a great spirit even in the mist of controversy. Total bad ass. One of my female emcee idols. Miss u girl!

19. April 25, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    Bbtony6 says:

@Hello Really? U are really low…

20. April 25, 2012 at 12:32 pm
    KASEY JR. says:

@HELLO Girl really?! o_0

21. April 25, 2012 at 1:46 pm
    Justathought (Azealia Banks is here...) says:

I remember when I was left eye for Halloween when I was like in the 5th grade lol. Wow how time flies RIP Lisa.

22. April 25, 2012 at 4:49 pm