To Our Readers

Watch: Azealia Banks Live At Coachella 2012 (Full Set)

azealia banks that grape juice Watch: Azealia Banks Live At Coachella 2012 (Full Set)

Unfortunately, Azealia Banks found herself becoming public enemy #1 following her spat with Iggy Azalea and remarks directed at Pop sensation Nicki Minaj.

However, as the saying goes- talent will always speak for itself, and it most certainly did speak when Banks took the stage for her set at Coachella 2012.

Full performance below…

She nailed it.

Though it’s been easy to ignore her talent for reasons aforementioned, Azealia- above Iggy and dare we say Nicki- is a solid live act, wowing the crowd with her energy and skill alone.

For, if you’re going to be really honest, how many acts do you know can entertain a crowd as long as she did without the the pageantry and pyrotechnics  so many of her rivals can’t function without.

1. April 15, 2012 at 5:47 am
    ♛ POP Royalty ♛ ( where have Rude Boy been) says:

public enemy #1 ? 8O

you TGJ PPL are always exaggerating … SMH ! :roll: , last time i checked , not everyone like them hoes nicki with her fake ” oh , i care for children’s education and them birds , trees and global warming ” while the world know her just for her prosthetic ass , and the other trashy unknown racist b****.

u go banks. :)

2. Vote

[...] Banks Live At Coachella 2012 (Full Set) That Grape Juice Sun, April 15, 2012 10:37 AM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

3. April 15, 2012 at 6:01 am
    Nahjee says:

@poproyal iggy ain’t the only racist b**** in the game you forgot about kreayflop haha.

But azealia banks looks good in the picture up top.. I can see her going far

4. April 15, 2012 at 6:12 am
    ♛ POP Royalty ♛ ( where have Rude Boy been) says:

@TGJ :

Nicki Minaj Suck donkey balls Live. let’s not Lie ;)

and stop injecting her name in other folks posts :roll: , banks is a REAL rapper , Nicki is something got stuck between rap world and Pop land , she proved herself in NONE of them. :mrgreen:

5. April 15, 2012 at 6:13 am
    ♛ POP Royalty ♛ ( where have Rude Boy been) says:

@nah :

Preach !!

6. April 15, 2012 at 6:18 am
    Fabian says:

WOW SHE”S A BANGERR! She is Different i like her style + She can sing also..
    NICKI MINAJ You Better watch out. This is what i call TALENT she’s CRAYY!

7. April 15, 2012 at 6:22 am
    kingphoenix9 says:

Yes Ma’am was just watching these performances last night and this morining…She is a way better performer than Iggy and Nicki…That is no question. Can’t wait for the ep…1991 sounds so hot, hope she makes it a single!

8. April 15, 2012 at 6:22 am
    Mike says:

Dont get me wrong I like iggy to but I think she just mess her self up a little with that slave master line.. her album won’t probley do good because of that whole thing.

Azealia banks I can see she is trying to work on her attitude that’s the only issue I have with her but every thing eles it’s 100 percent fresh I didn’t like her 212 single at first.. But I kept listen to it and it grew on me.

I would not mind seeing azealia banks & nicki on a track together

9. April 15, 2012 at 6:34 am
    Texas Cowgirl says:

I prefer Iggy over Banks but I am a Lover of Female Rap. I hope that both win.

10. April 15, 2012 at 6:50 am
    Jordan says:

Do yo thing girl haha

11. April 15, 2012 at 6:51 am
    Jordan says:

Do yo thing

12. April 15, 2012 at 7:08 am
    Aaa says:

Public enemy no. 1?? Whenever 212 gets played in a club people go mad. Cant say the same for anything by nicki or iggy

13. April 15, 2012 at 7:49 am
    Mari (RIP Dwayne McDuffie + Amy Winehouse +Whitney Houston) says:

she slayed!

14. April 15, 2012 at 8:20 am
    danny says:

She killed this f****** s***. Nicki could never on stage

15. April 15, 2012 at 8:32 am
    NAUDISWEET (Xtina Stan) says:

Damn she’s really good!!! Color me shocked!

16. April 15, 2012 at 8:45 am
    Nats says:

*yawn* hey at least I got the chores done while listening to this.

17. April 15, 2012 at 8:46 am
    D.Strock says:

Obviously I didn’t watch the whole set, but from what I saw, she does seem like a decent performer.

S/N: Why does everybody feel the need to have weird-ass colored hair these days. Banks looks alright, but it’s a trend I’d love to see fade.

18. April 15, 2012 at 8:48 am
    Army Of Queen Aaliyah says:

Banks >>>>> Minaj Live, Rapping, Music :) #deal ;)

19. April 15, 2012 at 8:51 am
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

Another wig colored wig wearing b****

I saw the whole set and b**** killed it.Nicki could never,nicki cant even spend 1 min on stage,rapping alone without SB ..a shame.
    I liked her personnaly in regard to her confidence,and I am proud she is talented.

20. April 15, 2012 at 9:06 am
    Roberto says:

I couldnt even get through the first song, the saying n**** every 4th of a second , and to a crowd of white folks, is beyond annoying

21. April 15, 2012 at 9:09 am
    Os says:

♛ POP ROYALTY ♛ ( WHERE HAVE RUDE BOY BEEN) dog sh-t why so angry,jocker voice why so serious,

22. April 15, 2012 at 9:10 am
    Diane says:

Authentic with her own style. Now, tnis is how you take hip hop to another level; not by repeating what everyone else did. Good job!

23. April 15, 2012 at 9:33 am
    Justathought (Azealia Banks is here...) says:

Uh huh…#Boom. Go Ms Banks

24. April 15, 2012 at 9:42 am
    Lax says:

Hmmmmm while i am always happy to see newbie coming to the fore front
    i wonder who is putting who out to pasture with these rappers????????????

25. April 15, 2012 at 10:22 am
    Well... says:

People need to be real. First, no one cares about the fraud Iggy. It’s not so much about her slavemaster comment with me, but just the fact that she SUCKS! She is a knock off Trina, which isn’t saying much. At least Nicki chose to copy Kim when she came out. Iggy’s lyrics are garbage as well as her played out flow.

Concerning Nicki, I guess her fans are mad because she won’t kiss her behind and because she talked about her horrible wigs. Honestly, she said what most people think about Nicki. And don’t get mad at Azealia when you cosigned Nicki throwing subliminals at Kim way before Kim even came for her.

Azealia is clearly a problem. Sorry, but lyrically, Nicki can’t touch this girl – listen to this girl in her song called Runnin’. Nicki wishes she had this girls talent and could pull off the blending of Hip Hop and Pop in the way this girl does. Azealia is the only true duel threat since Lauryn Hill. Have you heard her cover of Valerie, Slow Hands, and etc. No autotune. The girl is about to slay everybody across the board with the exception of Adele. They could really go in any direction with her. Nicki fans should be pressed though, she’s the only one that poses a threat to Nicki and has the skills to dethrone her.

26. April 15, 2012 at 10:37 am
    RIH4LIFE says:

this chick is good

27. April 15, 2012 at 10:42 am
    MUTHAFUCKAH WE ROWLAND says:

NOBODY IS f***** WITH HER.

MISS BANKS IS THE TRUTH.

SWAG, VOCALS, ENERGY!!!!! SHE HAS IT ALL.

28. April 15, 2012 at 10:49 am
    Bad Bytch says:

DONT LIKE THIS CHICK AT ALL.. HELLA WACK AND SHE HAS A BAD ATTITUDE

29. April 15, 2012 at 10:56 am
    Justathought (Azealia Banks is coming...) says:

watch the bandwagon fill! hahaha

30. April 15, 2012 at 11:09 am
    checory says:

She is very good.. she needs to slow down her rap thou .. i could barely keep up lol i guess i was listenin slow lol

31. April 15, 2012 at 11:26 am
    Lifeeh says:

I”m REALLY feeling this girl..

32. April 15, 2012 at 12:03 pm
    gaaglooo! says:

SOOOOLID Performance!

But why the security didn’t get rid of this intru: the dancing white girl?? it was like watching a Pogo moves!

33. April 15, 2012 at 12:36 pm
    MILLHOUSE says:

LOVE IT

34. April 15, 2012 at 12:43 pm
    haterzstaypressed says:

A star is born…

At first I didn’t like her because of her mouth but she’s got the chops to back that ish up. I love how she combines trip-hop, trans and tribal house with her music. She’s going to go far. I loved the performance.

35. April 15, 2012 at 2:04 pm
    nickiminaj says:

dis h** is ugly cant rap or dress whos checkin an lookin for her

36. April 15, 2012 at 4:17 pm
    Phittedphilly says:

Let the p**** game speak!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAekgPCXDwg <—-Just hit play & enjoy :)

37. April 15, 2012 at 4:32 pm
    Shynlow says:

She looks a little bit like Rihanna in this picture!
    & yall please follow me now: http://twitter.com/shynlownoam

38. April 15, 2012 at 4:35 pm
    Tiffany says:

I literally cringed every time she said “Nicca” which was like every other second and her mouth is so foul. It’s like Nicki(hair), Kim(foulness) and Foxy(skin tone and street essence) had a love child but she is sorta wack at the same time. :-/ I think I will pass on both her and Iggy.

39. April 15, 2012 at 7:31 pm
    aunt.dot says:

nickis hair? LOLOLOL! pay attention b**** KIM CREATED THAT AMONG HER RAP PEERS. Nicki wasn’t even the second to rock the colored wig anymore..

Banks FIRE and Hunger is so reminiscent of young Lil Kim and Foxy Brown.
    #SHETHENEXTBIGTHING!

40. April 15, 2012 at 11:05 pm
    HALF AMAZIN says:

Yes Gawd, b****! Looks like they’re increasing her fashion budget. They know they let a b**** walk outside looking CRAY! She still needs much work though!

41. April 16, 2012 at 10:36 am
    Lana Bell says:

Wow, fantastic performace! She is really talented. Initially I did not like her b/c of her attitude, but this performance won me over! Now when are they going to address her hair? It’s killing me softly…it’s distracting. Other than that I love this girl!

42. Vote

[...] the track during her Coachella set over the weekend, get into the studio version [...]

43. April 17, 2012 at 9:47 am
    Auntie_Jackie says:

She’s BAD and that’s the END of it. She’s better than Nicki, Iggy, Kreyshawn, or any other new comer.

She’s got a Foxy Brown feel to her, with her own flow and style. Great.

44. Vote

[...] far cry from the potty mouthed genius who blew us away at  Coachella 2012, fans can expect to see a lot more of Banks’ now she shares a manager with Lady GaGa, by way [...]

45. June 6, 2012 at 11:38 pm
    Yong Rayos says:

Hello.This article was extremely fascinating, particularly since I was looking for thoughts on this matter last Thursday.