Diplo: “Beyonce’s ‘Run The World’ Started Off As A Joke”

shares
Diplo Diplo: Beyonces Run The World  Started Off As A Joke

Whether you know it or not, Diplo is one of your favorite producers.

Yes, maybe more so than any other producer, the Mississippi born maestro far reaching work in music makes for a number of impressive feats. Feats which include producing ‘Paperplanes‘ for ex girlfriend MIA and ‘Climax’ for Pop Prince Usher.

Now, after producing cuts for Beyonce‘s ‘4‘, he has weighed in on its lead single ‘Run The World‘, labeling its origin a ‘joke’.

His comments below…

On the beat Beyonce used to write ‘World‘, he revealed:

I still think a lot of people don’t even realise where that song came from. That song never really had  a push. It was  a joke song we did. Kind of like a funny joke kind of song.

On producing her new single ‘End Of Time’:

That was superweird man. Like I remember we were in the studio working with her and I still couldn’t believe it.

Source.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• Tyler

Tyler (118)

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (103)

• Mark111

Mark111 (63)

• DEL BEY

DEL BEY (58)

1. May 1, 2012 at 12:51 pm
    Lifeeh says:

Not surprised….

2. May 1, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    ThéLourson says:

And it ended as a joke as well! Perfect!

3. May 1, 2012 at 12:53 pm
    Dev says:

Wow! well i can honestly say that i got that joke because that song was funny from start to finish.

He’s kinda good looking

4. May 1, 2012 at 12:54 pm
    I Judge Flops says:

I like Beyonce. But RTW shouldn’t have been the 1st single, it sounds like a bunch of f****** noise.

Much props to King B for still going Platinum even with her Top 10’s tho. Beyonce in my opinion slayed with her “maternity leave” Era.

The RTW video on the other hand was AMAZING. I loved the choreography and overall concept, but the song is just a mess. The song is a joke but I still pop my p u s s y to it every now and then..

I think people hate on Beyonce because she has the total package; the voice, the moves, the talent, the grace. She doesn’t have to tweet about s** and “thug life” to stay relevant. #Shade?

Now where is Barbra Walters?

5. May 1, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    kimberly says:

It’s all good. no push and yet it landed her #29,
    Best choreo – MTV awards
    Performance of a lifetime stated from – Billboard Music Awards
    Top Five Oprah musical experience stated from Oprah- Chicago farewell live
    Record of two magazine covers same month – Billboard

WOWZERS

6. May 1, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    I Judge Flops says:

& I meant “NO TOP 10’s” but still went Platinum

7. May 1, 2012 at 12:56 pm
    I Judge Flops says:

@Kimberly

You better slay us with those stats b****!

8. May 1, 2012 at 12:58 pm
    WHUT says:
  9. May 1, 2012 at 1:00 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

*Nicki minaj blink *

10. May 1, 2012 at 1:01 pm
    Cockiness says:

it still is a joke!!!!

11. May 1, 2012 at 1:01 pm
    SkyLar says:

LMAO @ WHUT

12. May 1, 2012 at 1:02 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

Matthew is lauging somewhere ..

Except B to address this Nicca in 8 months if she ever does because she never did for neyo,ungrateful Jay’s protege ;) :D great

13. May 1, 2012 at 1:03 pm
    Onyx says:

ThéLourson
    May 1, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    And it ended as a joke as well! Perfect!

LMAO!, LMAO!, LMAO!.

14. May 1, 2012 at 1:03 pm
    kimberly says:

@ I JUDGE FLOPS. DON’T I ALWAYS….LOL . They criticize but yet she gained an award and slayed two ICONIC performances recorded in the books of the greats and her resume. There is no cost to that.
    collecting a few cents for a single release is nothing special. but the an impact remains.

15. May 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm
    I Judge Flops says:

@Cockiness

Wasn’t too much of a joke that your fav tried to “re-do” it in her latest music video. *clocks tea*. Oh, BTW. Did she break that VEVO record that she tweeted to her 18 million followers all day about? Huh? Answer this. Simple Yes/no . I shall wait.

16. May 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm
    JJFan1814 says:

DUH!! IT STILL IS A JOKE.

17. May 1, 2012 at 1:09 pm
    I Judge Flops says:

@Cockiness

Oh and wasn’t your fav giving her a standing ovation at the Billboard Awards after she performed this “joke” song? Huh? Didn’t she tweet about it too? Hmmmmmm.

18. May 1, 2012 at 1:09 pm
    kimberly says:

….. and this just shows that Beyonce can do whatever she wants. SHE CAN SIT AND RECORD A SONG LIKE BRIAN MC KNIGHT AND RELEASE A VIDEO TO IT, CAUSE SHE HAS NOTHING TO PROVE. since 2007 she stated that she has done more than enough and sales mean nothing to her. Your fav can never sit in a studio and do that. NEVER. their career depends on a label who received 95% of album and single sales. lmao.
    watch out Beyonce will be an independent artist just like her husband and collect all her coins, and remain on forbes just like her husband and your fav will continue to distribute cheques in envelopes.

19. May 1, 2012 at 1:12 pm
    JJFan1814 says:

@I JUDGE FLOPS

YOU JUDGE FLOPS? WHY AREN’T YOU JUDGING THIS POST.

RTW IS A JOKE. A FLOP. A MESS. DONE. OVER.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN > RTW

20. May 1, 2012 at 1:13 pm
    kimberly says:

@ i JUDGE FLOPS. CLOCK THEM CLOCK THEM LOL…..
    Their fav has yet to perform something iconic to at least match their hit singles. nothing has surfaced after years, all the performances are in youtube archive.but they want to shade a JOKE song which left a mark and a performance standard their fav can never match. cause you need talent to do so. THE BAR IS TOO HIGH NOW b******…

ANYWAY MY BOO IS HOME. I HAVE A LIFE…….BYE HATERS. RTW = CLASSIC=ICONIC………..RTW LIVE= DISTRUCTION

21. May 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm
    kimberly says:

@ JJFAN lmao go to the record books darling. Isn’t your fav begging for a youtube record? how sad, when it is done effortlessly with no social media from one artist and another artist actually begging to break a record. this is pathetic. The things some artist do…………………………………………………………..

22. May 1, 2012 at 1:19 pm
    Darianna Jones says:

If by “joke” you mean 4 going platinum by its DAMN SELF, then LMAO!!

23. May 1, 2012 at 1:20 pm
    Justathought (Azealia Banks is here...) says:

@thelourson I was gonna write the same thing!! Lmao

24. May 1, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    virtuoso intellect says:

u fools should go back to school and someday tgj will get slapped in the face legally for misquoting people. he was talking about pon the floor not run the world. why would he say run the world had no push? thats not his department …. anyways he has a problem expressing himself . i wish he would just shut up about this already. RTW happened over a year ago, hasnt he worked with any artist since ?

25. May 1, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    Cockiness says:

I JUDGE FLOPS
    May 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm

my your name i hope ur judging ur favs….and it should be noted that, that video is bey’s most disliked song on youtube…..

and it was Rihanna who did the desert thing first with the hard video…

26. May 1, 2012 at 1:28 pm
    kingphoenix says:

I think none of us took RTW seriously it was like Beyonce girl really? But that choreograghy in that video was everything and 4 as an album was my favorite of her so far…It just wasn’t what anyone expected of her. I am here for Beyonce experimenting as an artist and not going for Pop Star World domination…she conquered that and now i think she should just focus on growing as an artist. Sorry Hive but alot of yall are only here for record sales and accolades. I am here for good music, bomb as choreography, and overall fierceness.

27. May 1, 2012 at 1:30 pm
    Cockiness says:

and further more you b****** a so pathetic, wat u does following rihanna on twitter???

28. May 1, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    Bey Fan says:

And I still like RTW… its the first song I listen to everyday when I go the gym.

As far as a joke…. i didn’t get that. I got that it was a fun song…with lines like “I think I need a barber, none of these n***** can fade me” and ” f-u- pay me” …

And the video was still the s***….

29. May 1, 2012 at 1:38 pm
    Stevie says:

Is he still talking about that one song? I mean is there nothing else they can interview him about? like the original version.

30. May 1, 2012 at 1:40 pm
    Bey Fan says:

KINGPHOENIX
    May 1, 2012 at 1:28 pm

__________________________________________________

Agreed. I dont know why anyone is even talking about flops and record sales when most of the artist that have released albums this past year have “flopped” so to speak. (except Adele of course)

4 is her BEST work…PERIOD.

31. May 1, 2012 at 1:40 pm
    BeyHive says:

f*** rihanna and all of her twitter followers uh beyonce didn’t hit the top 10 but sold over 2 million copies world wide who run the world Bey idiots land #11 uk chart

32. May 1, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    PrettigurlrockD says:

It’s funny when some of the haters commenting faves whole careers are jokes…

And rtw has a great beat! It SLAYED the whole summer of 2011!

33. May 1, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    BeyHive says:

KINGPHOENIX and cockiness STFU I NECER C A REAL HIVE FOLLOW THAT h** RIHANNA ON TWITTER OH UR HERE FOR MUSIC WELL BEYONCE SINGS A TRILLION PERCENT BETTER THAN THAT h** RIHANNA

34. May 1, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    Kreayshawn says:

BLACK WOMEN always fight over dumb s***
    Beyonce is better NO! Rihanna is better NO! Beyonce is.. Just shut your nappy headed selfs up please nobody gives a s*** about Nappy heard negros anyway gosh.

All you n****** do is fight over who can dance who album sold the most who cares

They will always be nappy headed black women ugh.. Same s*** every damn day

f****** n****** I tell you

Anyway buy my debut album this July
    Somethin bout kreayshawn

35. May 1, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    virtuoso intellect says:

@BEY FAN

he wasnt talking about run the world. tgj prolly wont let me post the full interview but he was talking about the pon the replay which i guess is the origin of run the world. he never said the statement, “beyonce’s run the world started out as a joke” that just put in there for sensationalism in typical tgj fashion

36. May 1, 2012 at 1:53 pm
    Queen. says:

I may be in the minority, but I actually loved “Run The World”. The song is great, and Bey’s wardrobe, and footwork in the video was fierce! Considering the success of I Am..Sasha Fierce, Beyonce could of easily went with the popular vote, and released more trendy music, but she didn’t. Her main focus was creating great music and it paid off. “4” is Bey’s best album to date. I hope she continues making music how she wants, because as far as I’m concerned, this woman has accomplished above and beyond. She has nothing more to prove. Go ahead, Bey :)

37. May 1, 2012 at 1:55 pm
    Queen. says:

Seriously, the Krawfish stan above me needs Jesus, and stronger medication. TGJ should really monitor these comments, because ignorance like that can easily turn people off from coming here.

38. May 1, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

Lmao when your fave just copied the whoooooooooooooole entire RTW music video concept b******,STFU

39. May 1, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

And Yeah RTW is still one of my fave song from the album which mean alot cause the entire 4 is fulled with masterpieces

40. May 1, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    Kreayshawn says:

anyway while we talking about beyonce why don’t we just talk about how she wants to look like a white wOmen like myself. It’s PATHICE just be your self stop trying to be white smh.

You will always be a nappy headed black girl who loves eating KFC on the weekends.

I’m getting tired of n****** disrespecting me like I’m so soft white girl. s*** I make good music I make hit music I deserve some respect but ya give it to that nappy headed black women trying to be white WHAT!!!!!!

41. May 1, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) says:

THÉLOURSON
    May 1, 2012 at 12:52 pm

And it ended as a joke as well! Perfect!

___________________________________________

i S T A N for this particular song. but yeah , it was a joke if we talk only the FLOP language. :x
    the message , the music video , the beat , and performing it in BBMA >>>>>

not a joke , it is #MAJAH.com

42. May 1, 2012 at 2:11 pm
    My Bad says:

@Kat
    I’m really starting to think you might be bi-polar…

43. May 1, 2012 at 2:14 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

Oh really?

44. May 1, 2012 at 2:17 pm
    Onyx says:

Well i’ll be honest, the song is hot, i don’t know why this song didn’t go number 1, i think the wrong part was the message you know the whole repetitive “girl power” over and over again that Beyonce loves since Destiny’s Child, sometimes a good song doesn’t mean that will became a success, i know a lots songs that deserve to be #1 but are not.

45. May 1, 2012 at 2:23 pm
    WILD DEBUTANTE says:

It sure was a JOKE…but I bet the song flopping wasn’t.

the beat was ok IMO, but the lyrics? Comical.

46. May 1, 2012 at 2:28 pm
    RoyalKev says:

It’s all good. no push and yet it landed her #29,
    Best choreo – MTV awards
    Performance of a lifetime stated from – Billboard Music Awards
    Top Five Oprah musical experience stated from Oprah- Chicago farewell live
    Record of two magazine covers same month – Billboard
    ———————————————————-
    Yes, Kimberly!

That video was still the best thing that happened (visually) last year. Matter of fact I haven’t seen better since! We’ll only see a heap of videos similar to it for a while … I respect the song and I respect Beyonce for recording it. Everyone knows that RTW bangs, they just wanted Bey to sweat a little. She still got another platinum plaque. Everyone still know every song on 4! I love that Bey continues to take risk and insist on being innovative. Beys not one of those lazy artist that go back to using the formula from their third era to win. Give me an true artist that keeps on challenging themselves like that over simple industry clones any day.

47. May 1, 2012 at 2:41 pm
    MissImpartial says:

Well the lyrics were a joke and only the beat saved it

48. May 1, 2012 at 2:42 pm
    evilisrebuked says:

that song and video is evil…#nuffsaid

49. May 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm
    MissImpartial says:

EVILISREBUKED
    May 1, 2012 at 2:42 pm

that song and video is evil…#nuffsaid
    ——————————————————————————-
    PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50. May 1, 2012 at 2:48 pm
    King Tasha says:

@MissImpartial you can NOT put Miss in front of your name and question the lyrics to RTW

51. May 1, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    King Tasha says:

Just like Check on It started out as a joke and went to #1…B must not now the knowledge she was spittin in Run the World or Check on It…my n**** get mad everytime i put those songs on cause im about to check his ass

52. May 1, 2012 at 2:51 pm
    HALF AMAZIN says:

Where Have You Been video is nothing like Run The World but stan wars must happen I guess. Bombs Away by Dawn Richard on the other hand is astonishingly similar.

You all are so stupid. Anything to discredit whoever you don’t like and use the same hypocrisy constantly

53. May 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
    Truthteller says:

And it ended like it started… AS A JOKE.
    Lord knows it was the biggest joke of 2011.
    Flopping up & down the charts WW

54. May 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
    MOBWIFE says:

I’M GOING TO NEED DIO-BLOW TO STFU!

He already said he didn’t like the song so move on already we heard you. If Beyonce or Chris Brown works with this fool ever again, I will stop supporting the both of them. As it stands I won’t be supporting anymore of his music…. the arrogant prick!

55. May 1, 2012 at 3:08 pm
    Lax says:

@I JUDGE FLOPS
    @KIMBERLY
    You or the perfect example of a “Stump Down Hope To Die Clowns”
    So bitter, so mad, so pressed, so want to stroke out with your hate!!!!

Reminds me of what grams told us all long ago, she said that a FOOL will
    Pee on your legs and tell you it’s raining outside.

@My bad @ 2:11 ROTF,,,,crying with laughter, because you hit the nail on the head.

@TRUTHTELLER,,,,,ROTF,,,LMRAO…..

56. May 1, 2012 at 3:09 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

I like RTWG but compared to everything else on 4, the song just didnt fit n. @ The Simply minded hoes …..well she took a jokster song and produced performances that none of these non talentive hoes could EVER PULL OFF..coughs (Rihanna, Katy and the rest)! @ Kimberley LMFAO U b SLAYING These Delusional bishes with the Truth! A little birdie just told me that once THE QUEEN comes off maternity leave, shes finally killing Goatianna career YESSS! Its been said that JayZ has a new Cash Cow and he has no need for the Billygoat and her s***! I guess its bac to chewing the grass n Barbados.

57. May 1, 2012 at 3:10 pm
    Lax says:

@MOBWIFE,,,,I HEARD THAT!!!!!!

58. May 1, 2012 at 3:11 pm
    virtuoso intellect says:

i loved it then and i love it now. still sounds a fresh as ever and its one of the most energetic song Bey performs live.i dont know people didnt warm up to it and by ppl im not referring to the rhitarded trolls here, they dont count. it couldnt be aything to do with lyrics when katy perry got like 4 no1s last year. my resolution is that it wasjust left-field n too experimental for ppl who’ve gotten used to david guetta, katy perry, rihanna,kesha, flo rida etc formulaic bull in the period between Bey’s eras. anyways its already happened, im just proud Bey stuck by her work, some would’ve pretended like that song dint exist a la buzz single. im hoping she opens the revel concerts with it.

59. May 1, 2012 at 3:13 pm
    Lax says:

@digger and that is all kimberly is doing because shes
    not good for a dam thing else, poor thing. angry b****
    each and every time she takes a peep in a mirrow
    weak unreasonable b****!!!!

60. May 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm
    kingphoenix says:

@Digger Bey

We all know that Beyonce slays…but i take that in the terms of her being the best Bey she can be….Why does that neccesarily mean she has to killl Cassihanna career? I feel like Bey is so above and beyond that…. I mean, i think we as the hive need to leave that to they younger girls like Cassihanna, Cassie, Katy, Ciara, Kesha, Rita and such. To try and compete with each other is cute and all…but women with big talent like Beyonce, Adele, and Gaga (once she lets go all that extra s***) are in a league of their own, no?

61. May 1, 2012 at 3:23 pm
    kingphoenix says:

@Virtuoso Intelligent

As a Beyonce fan who has all of her albums, and the Writing on the Walls album along with some other destiny child fave songs I know my girl is better than that song…The lyrics are juvenile and i even think the way she delivered the song could have even been better. She didn’t really promote it much, only sung it a couple times here and there…It would be cute for a little intro or skit on tour…but really as a single it was not hot. The beat is awesome and the video is amazing, but I just hold her to a higher standard. If anyone else did that song you know you would be like what the f***? Thats why i cant get with deeming myself as a fan because when it comes time to being honest, no fan ever wants to admit the realities of their fave.

62. May 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

@ Truthteller U should keep the word joke out of ur mouth, seeing how u stan for Jokeianna. Even Justin Beiber have more credability than her. Shes the biggest joke n the music industry. Just watch award shows. Nobody hardly claps for her. While shes performing, people facial expressions look like they are takin a s***. That b**** aint s***. The c** of Hollywood! @ LAX Shouldnt u b locked up n a Mental Intitution somewhere, u Rihtarted c***.

63. May 1, 2012 at 3:35 pm
    prettigurlrockD says:

KREAYSHAWN FAN, STFU. KREAYSHAWN IS TALENTLESS AND A WASTE OF SPACE U RACIST SHITHEAD. ALSO, HER MUSIC SUCKS. WHY ARE YOU ON THIS POST?? NO ONE LIKES YOU. TAKES YOUR s*** TASTE IN MUSIC AND RACIST MENTALITY AND LEAVE.

64. May 1, 2012 at 3:43 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

@ King Phoenix…… Yeah ur rite. But Goatianna career is getting to decline! 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. Let the countdown begin!

65. May 1, 2012 at 3:48 pm
    POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) says:

i leave you b****** for hours and not even a single sensible comment is in here ?!

GTFOH.

the song is HOT , maybe having a perfect Production+perfect vocals doesn’t go right ” see another case : JUDAS , EOG by GAGA” . the horrible handle of her team is what caused it to FLOP.

and since when PPL pay attention to lyrics in 2012/2011 ?!! not with ‘ i’m s*** and i know it” being a HIT :x

yes yes , i’m a rihanna stan , thank you for noticing. i can still give credit too. something the hive and their FAV know nothing about :mrgreen:

66. May 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm
    Gilberto says:

I have a love/hate relationship with Run The World. I think this song gets annoying pretty fast. But I LOVE when Beyoncé performs it live, she brings the energy to make RTW ‘listenable’. When I first heard ‘4’, I was completly surprised that she released it as the lead single, because there were many more songs that were so much better than it and RTW is a very weak single (not weak song). I still can’t believe that ‘End Of Time’ wasn’t the first single, this song is beyond epic, it could’ve been as epic as Crazy In Love. Speaking of it, I never imagined that Beyoncé could record another epic track like CIL, but EOT was almost there! Saddly, it’s too late to release it.
    I hope Beyoncé never works with Diplo again. He’s a shading b****. Everything he touchs turns into a flop. I’m happy that he brought End Of Time, but that’s it.

67. May 1, 2012 at 3:51 pm
    Shynlow says:

Hmm not surprised he said it before lol
    & yall please follow me now: twitter.com/shynlownoam

68. May 1, 2012 at 3:58 pm
    Girrrl says:

That was easily the worst song of.2012 and Beyonce’s worst single. I’m dead at these stans praising the song for reaching #29 on the charts after performing everywhere for everyone.

69. May 1, 2012 at 4:01 pm
    Lax says:

@DIGGER,,,,IT’S NOT THAT SERIOUS,,,,,I WILL GO TO LOCK UP
    IF I CAN HAVE YOU FOR MY ROOM MATE, SWEETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70. May 1, 2012 at 4:02 pm
    Gilberto says:

Diplo says it was a ‘joke’, but Beyoncé took it really seriously. Just see how much effort she put on this song: an epic performance on Billboard Music Awards, an amazing performance on Oprah; incredible music video and a fresh choreography.
    He can say that he hates it or whatever he wants, but calling it a joke is completly disrespectful. It shows that he’s unprofessional.
    I don’t want to see Beyoncé and any other major star recording with this jerk.

71. May 1, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    Lax says:

The truth will set you free, yall!

72. May 1, 2012 at 4:14 pm
    FOLLOW ME @gdboyratedloud says:

bey performs with a teleprompt f*** OUTTA HERE

73. May 1, 2012 at 4:18 pm
    FOLLOW ME @gdboyratedloud says:

the RTW video is good but after the opening choreo it gets BORING. she shoulda kept the two blk guys for the whole vid

74. May 1, 2012 at 4:23 pm
    MissImpartial says:

@King Tasha
    Two words for you REACHING AND RANDOM. WTF. I hope you are clever enough wihtout me having to spell out what Miss means.

75. May 1, 2012 at 4:25 pm
    dont be mad your fave has no talent says:

Rihanna fans are a joke.
    Lets talk about what would happen if she stepped on stage with Beyonce….
    The slaughter that would occur would be enough for them to try beyonce for murder.
    Iam era>loud,GGGB etc
    Just because Beyonce she has one flop doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world.
    I mean rihanna has 4 flops.
    She still has brainwashed stans lying saying she slays her performances.
    Here’s just the truth you cult of h***** can say what you want Rihanna could never come for Beyonce.
    Case in point 11#1’s still no number one albums
    Beyonce>Rihanna end of story

76. May 1, 2012 at 4:27 pm
    MissImpartial says:

@POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY)
    If you are a credible artist and literally beg to be an icon then lyrics matter. What’s the point of listening to a song that has s*** lyrics??

77. May 1, 2012 at 4:29 pm
    Meeeeeuuuuuu says:

78. May 1, 2012 at 4:32 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

Where is @W Y Z
    Avengers is projected to make $500 millions at the end of the week :lol: :lol:

Poor Titanics :(

79. May 1, 2012 at 4:33 pm
    prettigurlrockD says:

everyone plz follow meh:

@prettigurlrockD

80. May 1, 2012 at 4:39 pm
    TeamBreezy says:

Diplo is such a cutie…. looks almost like my Fiance!!! (hope he dont read this lol)

RTW started and ENDED as a JOKE

bring on EOT!!!

81. May 1, 2012 at 4:40 pm
    MissImpartial says:

@KAT DELUNA FAN
    Why poor Titanic??? It is the second biggest grossing film ever and this is a rerelease.

82. May 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

Titanics=Goats ;)

83. May 1, 2012 at 4:46 pm
    MissImpartial says:

@KAT DELUNA FAN
    OH.

84. May 1, 2012 at 5:08 pm
    Gilberto says:

@KAT DELUNA FAN
    LMFAO. It’s funny how rihtards stopped bringing out Battleshit on discussions. Hm… Maybe they want us to forget about it. Well, we won’t. They were feeling their booginas thinking that Battleshit would be massive. LOL. They were so damn wrong!!! It sank like Talk That Flop.
    Avengers have already grossed in one day more than Battleshit in two weeks. MAJOR FLOP.
    Britney Spears’ Crossroads, Mariah Carey’s Glitter and Rihtard’s Battleshit are competing against each other for biggest flop ever title. At least Britney and Mariah were the main role of their films, Rihtard is just a stunt double at best. It’s pathetic that a movie like Battleshit that doesn’t have any famous actors and actress, Rihtard didn’t get the main role. DEAD. Maybe her audition sucked more than the others.

85. May 1, 2012 at 5:16 pm
    FOLLOW ME @gdboyratedloud says:

the shade is weeeeeeaaaak. and rihanna does not have four flops heaux.
    MOTS- 2 million
    AGLM- 4 million
    GGGB- 9 million (accept it. it stopped at mediatraffic at 7.6 million. mediatraffic estimates/rounds and does provide sales for a lot of countries)
    Rated R- 3 million (has a higher medacritic score than all of beyonce’s albums)
    Loud- 6 million (slayed and still selling)
    Talk That Talk- 2.8 million (STILL selling)

Beyonces highest selling album is DIL at 8.5 million not 11 like you heauxs like to claim. billboard already confirmed this. there is no reason to inflate numbers because 8.5 is great.

86. May 1, 2012 at 5:18 pm
    FOLLOW ME @gdboyratedloud says:

is battleship out in the US? also has your fav starred in a movie that grossed more than 100 million? no b**** no

87. May 1, 2012 at 5:23 pm
    MissImpartial says:

@Gilberto
    Beyonce had only two major movies and the rest were flops and you guys are forgetting that Battelship was not released in US yet. It grossed over 170 Mil without being released in the US. You behives only using Avengers to make it seem like a flop which is kind of sad.

88. May 1, 2012 at 5:29 pm
    mabs says:

^^ b**** have you ever heard of dreamgirls??? and she was starring not a feature lol..come again..@pop royalty, i thought you liked bey everytime im here, you always shading her.

89. May 1, 2012 at 5:36 pm
    MissImpartial says:

@mabs
    Well Dreamgirls and Austin Powers are the only TWO major movies that Beyonce did. The rest weren’t Box Office hits especially Obsessed. As for Rihanna she already landed her second role playing a bad girl in the upcoming Fast and Furious movie.

90. May 1, 2012 at 5:41 pm
    Gilberto says:

@MissImpartial
    Golden Member, Pink Panther, DreamGirls and Obsessed were all successful. All went #1.
    I’m comparing Battleshit and Avengers because they’re on the same genre, had the same budget and were released around the same time.
    The Avengers wasn’t released in US as well, so your argue is irrelevant. It grossed $220 million in 3 days (US not included), Battleshit grossed $170 in 2 weeks. Battleshit flopped like Talk That Flop.

91. May 1, 2012 at 5:48 pm
    MissImpartial says:

@Gilberto
    They debuted at number one but that doesn’t mean that they grossed 100 Mil. As for Battelship it is doing well and you guys are just using Avengers for to make yourselfs feel better and if Talk that Talk is flop what does that make 4 which sold less???

92. May 1, 2012 at 5:51 pm
    Gilberto says:

@FOLLOW ME @gdboyratedloud
    I stopped reading after you claimed MOTS sold 2 million… This album peaked out of the top 40 almost everywhere, it died after 2 months of release. It sold 1.5 million at best!!!

93. May 1, 2012 at 6:14 pm
    FOLLOW ME @gdboyratedloud says:

^numbers dont lie and avengers is an established film whereas battleship is based on a board game…. a board game.

94. May 1, 2012 at 6:31 pm
    Mabs says:

@miss unimportant, try again girl… Obsessed grossed 63mill on its debut was no1 for 2wks, mind u bey was the only A-list celeb in that.. Cadillac records is the one that wasn’t no1 and that still doesn’t affect her, because she got critical acclaim for her acting and a golden globe nomination.. Fighting temptations and pink panther were also number 1 or r forgetting that?!!! And she was one of the main characters on ALL her movies, can’t say the same about ur fav….@follow me, battleship had a 200mill budget and that is more then avengers, and they promoted for 3wks but still grossed less, these are facts and u will deal.. I’m not trying to take anything rih but yall acting like she’s angelina jolie or something.. Im just happy that both bey and rih r successful in their lane.

95. May 1, 2012 at 6:35 pm
    Mabs says:

*anything away from rih

96. May 1, 2012 at 6:48 pm
    ohreally says:

@FOLLOW ME @gdboyratedloud

The Navy again and their lies MOTS-“ As of July 23, 2010, the album had sold 593,000 copies in the United States.” Where in the hell did the other 1.5mil come from at most I give her 500k more from WW that is 1mil WW???AGLM- “As of July 23, 2010 the album has sold 1,330,000 in the U.S,” 600K in the UK plus the other countries puts this album at about 2.5 maybe not 4 million….AND LOUD DID NOT sell 6 mil WW it is at 5.5 max.

As far as DIL – “To date, the album has sold more than 11 million copies worldwide”- http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/04/05/jay-z-and-beyonce-celebrate-three-years-of-wedded-bliss/

97. May 1, 2012 at 7:23 pm
    Teacher says:

MissImpartial
    May 1, 2012 at 5:23 pm
    @Gilberto
    ___________________________

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

98. May 1, 2012 at 7:24 pm
    B@tchplease says:

King B,Don B what you want to call that b**** she flopped point blink period.I don’t care what DIL sold because 4 sold 2.6ww which is far less from the 11mil you claim she sold.Please stop embarrassing her.

GOOD DAY!!!

99. May 1, 2012 at 8:07 pm
    Gilberto says:

MissImpartial
    I haver never said that 4 was successful. It flopped just like Talk That Flop, A Flop Like Me, Rated Flop did. What does make you think that all movies should gross over 100 million to be successful? LMFAO! Pink Panther, Gold Member and DreamGirls grossed over 100 million. Obsessed didn’t, but its budget was only $20 million and it grossed 4 times more. Is it a flop? NO! So STFU!
    Battleshit is flopping, because a 200-million budget movie is expected to gross over (or around) a billion these days. It grossed just 170 million in 2 weeks which isn’t that impressive. I know it wasn’t official released in USA, but The States represent around 30% to 40% of overall gross.
    I love to school basic hoes <3

100. May 1, 2012 at 8:13 pm
    Gilberto says:

@Teacher
    “But it’s nothing new….they always try to discredit Rih…and it’s VERY sad and pathetic!”
    Don’t worry, basic b****. When MIB, Dark Knight, Spider Man and Hobbit come out, I’ll have more exemples to show you why Battleshit is a flop. XOXOXO.

101. May 1, 2012 at 8:15 pm
    Another Star says:

:-) Kimberly You Are The Business Hon.The Beyhive Gets It In.I Love Y’all.

102. May 1, 2012 at 10:03 pm
    FOLLOW ME @gdboyratedloud says:

no b**** if you had READ what i said, youd know that mediatraffic estimates and rounds dumbass. Loud is well above 5.5 million and DIL is nowhere near 11 million. I dont have to inflate my faves sales because the b**** aint paying me and your source is laughable. 11 million SHIPPED! MOTS is well above 1.5 million 167,798 in Japan. 600K US 175,500 UK thats approx 1 million platinum in Canada 100k before 2008. plus other countries. With Rihannas growing popularity over the years I definitely say this is closer to 2 million than its closer to 1.5 END OF DISCUSSION

103. May 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm
    JER says:

“and ended up as a joke”

104. May 1, 2012 at 11:02 pm
    OhReally says:

@FOLLOW ME @GDBOYRATEDLOUD

No the discussion is not over. You are clearly making up numbers….OK lets go with your numbers MOTS 600k in the U.S, 175k in UK , 100k in Canada and 170k in Japan. iF i am adding correctly that is no where near this 2 million you are claiming. That is clearly 1.1mil. b**** bye with your clearly inflated numbers. As for LOUD 2.2 year end 2010 and 3.4 year end 2011 that is 5.5 not the 6 you are claiming. Your made up numbers and math from Narnia is laughable. Have a seat.

105. May 1, 2012 at 11:09 pm
    OhReally says:

B@TCHPLEASE
    May 1, 2012 at 7:24 pm

GOOD DAY!!!
    _____

Reading is fundamental, no one was bringing in her DIL numbers to compensate for 4 sales. DIL sales were just being defended…..but by your logic if GGGB sold 9 mil that is a far cry from the 2.7 of TTT, don’t embarrass Rihanna. 4 and TTT are doing the same thing so if one is a flop the other is a flop. have a seat next to @followme

106. May 1, 2012 at 11:21 pm
    OhReally says:

@gilberto

Yes!!!! Let them have it! Battleship is set to flop harder than RR and TTT combined lol. Hell you can use Avatar as an example, not based on a board game or any established series, same budget and production cost, actually slightly higher, and this money will not see half of what that movie saw. No surprise that the Navy couldn’t comprehend your comparing it to Avengers, a movie of the similar genre that in its opening weekend in foreign box office alone has 178 million while battleship has 170mil after two weeks and neither movie has premiered in the US yet. smh

107. May 2, 2012 at 1:50 am
    LAX says:

DAMMMMMMMIT,,,,RIHANNA IS A BAD BYTCH, AND A
    BAD BLACK, BIG HEADED, GOAT,s***, UNTALENTED,
    DAH, DAH, DAH BY THE BEE HIVE AND THEY STILL CAN’T
    KEEP HER BEAUTIFUL NAME OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS,
    BEDS, HEADS, MINDS, THOUGHTS, DRAWERS, AND
    CERAL BOWLS AND EACH TIME THRY LOOK IN THE
    MIRROW AT THEIR STANK, DIRT DABBER ASSES THEY
    GET PISSED AT THE MUG SHOT THAT IS LOOKING STRAIGHT
    BACK AT THEM AND THEN ITS OFF TO THE NET TO TRY AND
    CLAW AND PAW THEIR WAY THROUGH TO TRY AND MAKE
    OTHERS TRY TO REMEMBER BEYONCE AND HER “ABYSS”
    THAT WAS BORN ON THE BOTTON OF THE OCEAN AND LIVES
    THERE PRAYING ON ITS KNEES FOR SOME ONE TO PLEASE
    GIVE A DAM,
    @DIGGER BEY,,,,STILL YET ANOTHER NAME CHANGE,,,,DUUUUH BUT BEY
    ONCE SURE IS KILLING GOATANNA AS YOU SO PASSIONATELY CALLS RIHANNA , WHICH IS ONE OF THE MANY BEAUTIFUL AND COLORFUL NAMES GIVEN TO RIHANNA BY THE ASS WIPES OF THE BEY HIVE, ANYWHO BEYONCE SURE IS KILLING RIHANNA ,,,,AND THAT IS THE VERY REASON WHY RIHANNA NABBED THAT “AMA” AWARD AND STATCHED IT RIGHT OUT OF BEYONCE’S HANDS FAIR AND SQUARE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE…………..

108. May 2, 2012 at 2:07 am
    LAX says:

@ASS WIPES,,,PLEASE GIVE THE NAVY A BUZZZZZZZ
    WHEN MS.RITA GET HER FIRST #1 HIT, SO WE CAN
    CELEBRATE FOR OLD TIMES SAKE
    @DIGGER BEY YES YO KANG IS KILLING GOATANNA
    THAT IS THE VERY REASON GOATANNA WENT TO THAT
    BRITS AWARD, DANCED HER ASS OFF IN THEM TIMBOS.
    REMEMBER ME TELLING YO SIMPLED MINDED, NARROW
    MINDED ASS WIPE ASSES, THAT I BET THAT WHILE
    “ADELE” WAS SITTING WATCHING THAT I AM SURE SHE
    ,,,FELT LIKE A SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER SEEING RIH
    IN THEM DAISY DUKES AND TIMBOS AND NOT ONLY
    DID RIH DANCE HER ASS OF WITH HER DANCE TROOP
    SHE WON: INTERNATIONAL ARTIST AND ONCE AGAIN
    TOOK IT AWAY FROM BEYONCE SHOWING BEYONCE’S
    ASS UP AND OFF TO THE ENTIRE WORLD, CHECK N MATE!!!!

ABOUT THE MOVIE THEY SAY THE FAST AND FURIOUS IS A NO, GO
    BUT IT’S OKAY FOR YOUR GUTTER RAT ASSES TO TRY AND BEAT THE FLICK
    INTO THE GROUND, ONE THING IS FOR SURE AND THAT IS YOU CAN’T WIN SITTING ON YO ASSES AND THINKING YOU OR THE BEST ,,,,YOU WILL LKEARN SOMETHING ABOUT RIHANNA AND SOON,,,,THAT IS SHE DO NOT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF,,,SHE ALONG WITH THE INDUSTRY INSIDERS KNOW JUST HOW RIHAN BEYONCE IS AND EVEN RICHER WITH JAY ON HER SIDE BUT,,,KNOW THIS ROME WASN’T BUILT IN A DAY AND RIHANNA IS JUST ONE OF THE MANY ARTIST OUT THERE TRYING TO MAKE IT AND SHE ISN’T RACING WITH BEYONCE SHE ADMIRES AND IS VERY INSPIRED BY THE FUKKKKIN WOMAN, YOU FUKKKKIN AIR HEADED SCUM BAGS.

WHEN YOU OR INSPIRED BY SOME ONE THAT MAKE YOU WANT TO BE AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER,,,,YOU KNOW LIKE BEING INSPIRED BY YOUR MOMS, COUSINS ECT, BUT OOOOOPS NONE OF THE NARROWED MINDED HIVE WOULD KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BEING INSPIRED, RIGHT???? WELL ANYWHOO RIHANNA STAYS ON YO MINDS, AND SHE OWNS YOUR ASSES AND IR SHOWS BIG TIME, BECAUSE READ YOU WEAK ASSES RIHANNA, RIHANNA, DAM RIHANNA YOU OR DRIVING THEM UP A FUKKKKIN WALL..
    @XYZ AKA STD TALKING SHYT ABOUT BT=ATTLESHIP IS FINE AND I LOVE TO READ THAT SCUM BAG BECAUSE THEY/IT HAS BEEN CARRYING HATE FOR RIHANNA AND HER CAREER SINCE BEFORE CHRIS AND RIHANNA THEREFORE ,,,I AND OTHER’S KNOW THAT PERHAPS JAY-Z AND HIS TEAM NEED TO FOLLOW “XYZ” DOWN BECAUSE THE LEVEL OF HATE AND SLANDER IS SOME HOW DIRECTED AT JAY AND HIS TEAM ALSO, PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I AM CLAWING RIGHT NOW, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THEM AND THEIR SHYT, DO YOU NOTICE HOW THEY ALWAYS STAY WITH THE SAME CONCEPT AND IT IS ALWAYS DIRECTED STRAIGHT AT RIHANNA THAT IS SOME ONE WHO’S ASS JAY HAS FIRED AND KICKED TO THE CURVE BECAUSE THEIR FIXATION ON RIHANNA HAS BEEN OVER 4 YEARS AND COUNTING,,,,,DOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

109. May 2, 2012 at 2:13 am
    LAX says:

Thanks for the spell check bey hive, thanks*

110. May 2, 2012 at 2:17 am
    LAX says:

Isn’t it amazing seeing one ass wipe praising another, like we
    all know that KIMBERLY IS A BITTER, BACKWARD BYTCH
    and a star praises her. Reminds me of the republican the
    see something good they ignore it and call it bad for the
    poorest of us, amazing.

111. May 2, 2012 at 3:17 am
    Another Star says:

Lmfao:-) Blah Blah Blah Blah.Take your pressed dumb bipolar and schizerphrenic ass to bed.Dayum you’re one stupid mother f*****.Everyone knows that you’re a fuggin fool except you.b**** Go f*** or Something and Stop pecking consistently incaps.What an idiot at its best.You’re funny as hell.:-) Dayum Rihoe has a dayum lunatic stalking her every breath.She had better tighten that security up Quick:-) Fuckboy You’re Hilarious.So You Can Get A f*** YOU in all caps.Fuggin PSYCHO

112. May 2, 2012 at 3:41 am
    Meme says:

To the person who said Bey has nothing else to prove…..um u think so? She’s only had 4 solo albums and 1 the most recent is a flop. That’s 25% ….id say she still got a lot to prove.

113. May 2, 2012 at 4:19 am
    MaZ says:

and ended with an iconic performance:

114. May 2, 2012 at 4:29 am
    the real xoxo says:

its definitely B’s worst single. i didnt like it, but then the video came out and made me like it. that was my favourite video of 2011. it had proper choreography and energy, not just gyrating. but its okay, not as good as beyonces other singles. terrible choice for lead single. 4 is either my 1st or 2nd fave beyonce album. it was such a strong body of work, not just a few hit singles, filler and a cringey ballad or two.

115. May 2, 2012 at 5:28 am
    NX127 - شبيح بيونسي says:

I’m 19 years, and maybe I’m one of 2053 f****** in the world who should be pissed on, but I seriously couldn’t find the “FLOP” part of “Run the World (Girls)”

I mean, it Top10’ed and Top20’ed almost everywhere, and it Year-end charted in like 6 countries and …

116. May 2, 2012 at 7:10 am
    Mad-On-Her says:

RTW did flop, but I don’t think it’s a bad song. It was a song that took a long time for me and many others to like. I think it was an extreme grower and that’s partly why it flopped. It really needed to be heard in a club and didn’t really work on the radio. The crap demo that leaked also killed a lot of buzz and the video came out at the wrong time. Obviously the video was amazing but people had stopped caring by then and she didn’t give it room to grow into a hit as she started releasing videos left right and centre. To be honest despite the fact it flopped, when I now look at all the singles from 4 I still think it might have been the wisest choice for first single – it just needed a more strategic promotion. I think the best single is Best Thing I Never Had but it wouldn’t have represented what the album was about as it probably could have been on any of her other records. Countdown is fantastic and I love it but I think it was too weird for people to get on board with so that wouldn’t have worked. Love On Top might have worked but lacks that little extra big of magic needed for a lead single. And am I the only person in the world who really doesn’t like End Of Time? It would have been a s*** choice for lead single. I bet it would have done worse than RTW. Its lyrics are crap.
    Also even though RTW the song didn’t set the world on fire, the video did and I think can be credited with saving the album campaign when everything else was falling apart. And with none of the other singles except Countdown would she have been able to make such a great video. (Not that she did make a great vid for Countdown, it ended up sucking but it COULD have been good.)
    She made too many videos for this era and went with quantity over quality. I blame Blue for that haha.
    The era is still successful though. Handled properly I think it could have boasted two Billboard top tens. But there’s no way any of these songs could have gone number 1 with the charts the way they are.

117. May 2, 2012 at 8:25 am
    DIGGER BEY says:

The world would b a betta place if people would stop lying and being Delusional. Case n point: DIL sold upwards of 14million WW for the dumbass @ G boy. Domestically it sold over 5million. And GGGB didnt sell no.damn 9million. Try 8. 2million n the US. U Riri fans are nothing but Rihtarted Lying Delusional Cunts. Well 80 % of u.

118. May 2, 2012 at 9:59 am
    PUHLEAZE says:

As Beyawnce is such a good actress when most of her movies are flops, or she plays a caricature (Austin Powers) which is not even respectable. Her supposed to be starring film Dreamgirls – she was eclipsed by Jennifer Hudson who even got an Oscars, while Thiefonce got nada. Those who have illusions on her being a “movie actress” should just see her films & cringe at how awful her performance are. In every movie, she acts like herself – no depth & nuances. She will never be a Barbra Streisand – a powerhouse talent in movies & music. Floponce’s filmography is something to be spat at – not relevant & supremely uninteresting.

119. May 2, 2012 at 10:52 am
    Ohreally says:

@PUHLEAZE

You mad because Battleship is set to flop harder than RR? Or are you mad that Goldmember’s budget was 63million but made 296 million? Or that Dreamgirl’s budget was 80 and it made 155, or is it that Obsessed cost 20 million to make made 74 million and another 20million in DVD sales for a total of 95 million. Her awful performances result in profit for movies how is that a flop, plus her performance can’t be that awful to get Oscar and Golden Globe nods.

120. May 2, 2012 at 1:14 pm
    Que_baby says:

Beyonce and Rihanna both have ignorant fans! Yall have no class or respect!

121. May 2, 2012 at 4:23 pm
    FOLLOW ME @gdboyratedloud says:

^^^^ its only on thatgrapejuice tbh… this never happens on other blogs. these old ass stans that been here since 2007

122. Vote

[…] 6.) Diplo, who produced Beyonce's "Run The World (Girls)," recently admitted that Bey's first single from 4 was a funny joke that wasn't  supposed to become as big as it did. Well, the joke's on him — that tune ran the world's charts! (That Grape Juice) […]

123. Vote

[…] 5.) Diplo, wh&#959 constructed Beyoncé‘s “R&#965n Th&#1077 World (Girls),” &#1112&#965&#1109t certified th&#1072t Bey’s initial recover fr&#959m 4 w&#1072&#1109 a &#1072m&#965&#1109&#1110ng fun th&#1072t wasn’t ostensible t&#959 turn &#1072&#1109 h&#965g&#1077 &#1072&#1109 &#1110t d&#1110d. Well, th&#1077 joke’s &#959n h&#1110m — th&#1072t balance ran th&#1077 world’s charts! (Th&#1072t Grape Juice) […]

124. October 31, 2012 at 10:51 am
    Diplo hace una sesión de tres horas para Halloween says:

[…] imagen: That grape juice) Categorías: actualidad Etiquetas: diplo google_ad_client = […]