Performances: Mariah Carey Marvels In Morocco

shares
mariah morocco e1338081967515 Performances: Mariah Carey Marvels In Morocco

After a lengthy spell away from the live circuit, diva Mariah Carey made a comeback of sorts at the Mawazine Festival in Morocco tonight.

The 42 year old dazzled the adorning crowd with a headlining set consisting of her biggest hits.

Watch Mimi soar below…

It’s Like That

Fantasy

Shake It Off

Underneath The Stars

Ol’ Mimi’s “banter”, while endearing, veered onto the irritating side of the fence. Still, it’s great to see her voice in better shape than it has been in recent years. Here’s hoping it’s this incarnation of her vocals which show up on her next studio album.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (148)

• Tyler

Tyler (137)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (115)

• Mark111

Mark111 (74)

1. May 26, 2012 at 8:39 pm
    NT says:

They’s ARE NOT her greatest hits , where’s One Sweet Day and We Belong Together Heartbreaker and Honey?

• May 26, 2012 at 9:06 pm
      MaZ says:

She also performed thoses hits. I saw her live on moroccan Tv. She was wearing a long red gown.

• May 27, 2012 at 5:13 am
      TIMMI says:

With the exception of “One Sweet Day” (which is a duet) she performed all of those songs you mentioned.

2. May 26, 2012 at 8:44 pm
    Truth says:

FIRST b****!!! Anywho, glad to c no camel toe

3. May 26, 2012 at 8:45 pm
    Truth says:

FIRST b****!!!

4. Vote

[…] Mariah Carey Marvels In Morocco That Grape Juice Sun, May 27, 2012 1:36 AM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); […]

5. May 26, 2012 at 8:56 pm
    -Hoars says:

hmmmm glad to hear her voice in better shape… thats all imma say!

6. May 26, 2012 at 9:00 pm
    mONSTERHIVE says:

This woman is a legend! I don’t care if her voice deteriorates over night, her success speaks for itself! Love MC! Respect her while she’s still with us, she is of a dying breed, a true diva!

7. May 26, 2012 at 9:39 pm
    prettigurlrockD says:

Wow. I have to say it’s glad to see at least ONE legend amongst since most of them are dead. Since I will never get to see whitney in concert like I wish I could have at least I hope to meet mariah one day in person cuz she seems like such an amazing person on the inside and outside.

I would want to see her in concert but I feel like the strength of her voice is not there like it use to be which makes me hesitate. But maybe I’d still go anyway so I can brag to others I saw her live. Haha.

@prettigurlrockD

8. May 26, 2012 at 9:42 pm
    prettigurlrockD says:

Forgot to add the best parts of these clips sounded pre-recorded. Cuz she can’t rly belt that high anymore. But maybe I’m wrong.

9. May 26, 2012 at 9:44 pm
    me says:

The WBT performance>>>>>> all your FAV’s performance.

10. May 26, 2012 at 9:51 pm
    Bey Fan says:

Underneath the Stars is one of my fav songs…and my fav of Day dream….

Mariah is legend and one of the greatest voices of ALL time….

11. May 26, 2012 at 10:06 pm
    LiCari says:

I just NEED to see my Queen in concert ONE time before I die! That Underneath the Stars performance was EVERYTHING

12. May 26, 2012 at 10:27 pm
    Theman says:

Clearly her voice is in great shape. She was belting. That “WBT” performance is her best ever. She had energy and she moved around. They clarity of her voice is great. The musicianship se has is secod to none. She belted out some really good notes here. She’s getting comfortable with all of her notes. Overall she did a great job. She was having fun to.

13. May 27, 2012 at 12:12 am
    Jayla says:

WOW i was very surprised to see her do “We Belong Together” 100% live, especially the ending, Her vocals are still on point, Bring on the new music!

14. May 27, 2012 at 12:30 am
    mokok-lee says:

So many incredible performances…I mean ‘WBT’ completely live…Killed it!!!

15. May 27, 2012 at 1:19 am
    bobby d says:

outstanding job MIMI!

16. May 27, 2012 at 2:55 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Her voice is in such a great shape right now. The 3 performances TGJ posted are great, I need to search for more. And I have to say she was looking fabulous in that dress. You can feel she likes Morocco and hot wheather
    She also looked fabulous on the orange one when she arrived a couple of days ago and in the photo with Lenny Kravitz

• May 27, 2012 at 7:10 am
      POP ROYALTY ( Révolution) says:

i’m here for ” it’s like that” and “fantasy” !!!

morocco is great man :) !
      and they love MC there , they still enjoy her songs like “my all” , “we belong together” !!

17. May 27, 2012 at 2:58 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

I also want to say… these are true songs, great ones, and a true songwriter. And she sings, doesn´t growl, you know what I mean, even if she obviously can´t do it like 15 years ago, your favs probably wish they could do what she does nowadays with her voice, not to mention what she did years ago and having her status

18. May 27, 2012 at 3:08 am
    Todd says:

Ok! She kicked it off so/so with tha Fantasy RMX ,but with the costume changes she got better and better and better,like she was just warmin up :) There were some lipped parts,just a few,small ones and i dont care at all.What bothered me was loong breaks between costume changes and,in my opinion, she gotta gaet rid ot them remixes like the fantasy rmx, dreamlover rmx, love hangover,my all remix….
    Mimi,please make sure to have some fresh new hits to add to the list.PLEASE!Im a fan since ’93 and that setlist got me a bit bored :(
    Anyway ,love my girl and cant wait for new music!

19. May 27, 2012 at 4:35 am
    Geezy says:

I have to admit being a fan since 1990 I’ve seen all sides of Mimi vocally good and bad and after Austria I didn’t know what to expect. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised in a good way at this point as the fans we need Mimi to be consistent in her live performances. But overall Mariah did a good job. She’s truly one of the last few of a dying breed a true diva, singer-songwriter.

20. May 27, 2012 at 5:19 am
    TIMMI says:

Mariah SLAYED!

There is no room for debate with this performance. The lip-synced vocals sounded COMPLETELY different to the live vocals and I am proud to say she sang 95% of the concert completely live.

She’s sounding on par with “Adventures of Mimi” tour back in ’06. I can not WAIT for new music.

21. May 27, 2012 at 5:46 am
    Todd says:

LOL, TGJ , it’s MawaZine , not MawaWine, and LOL X 100 at the magic number 42 that appeared once again in a mIMI POST :)

• May 27, 2012 at 12:49 pm
      POP ROYALTY ( Révolution) says:

thank you for correcting it , موازين !!!!

22. May 27, 2012 at 6:03 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Ok now I watched most of the performances (TGJ refuse to post) and they were all great. She was constantly improvising, her musicianship is crazy

23. Vote

[…] we showed you some of her last night over here, Mariah fans will be pleased to know we now have the remaining performances waiting for you […]

24. Vote

[…] SOURCE Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!   RELATED POSTS: Mariah Carey: “I Wasn’t Dissing Britney Spears” Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon Renew Wedding Vows [PHOTOS] Mariah Carey & Rick Ross Hit The Studio In Miami Mariah Carey Remembers Whitney Houston [VIDEO] […]

25. Vote

26. May 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm
    JER says:

im sorry but her vocals slayed. Besides that first lipped “Fantasy” intro BS. ‘Underneath the Stars’ slayed your faves entire f****** life

27. Vote

[…] Mariah Carey performs in Morocco- That Grape Juice […]

28. May 28, 2012 at 11:21 pm
    Rick Ross Donates Ipads And More | Juicy Tings says:

[…] Mariah Carey performs in Morocco- That Grape Juice […]

29. July 18, 2013 at 11:20 pm
    holidays in morocco says:

Thank you for every other informative blog. The place else may I get that type of info written in such an ideal method? I’ve a undertaking that I’m just now working on, and I have been on the glance out for such info.