New Song: Omarion – ‘Body’

Omarion Album Cover 700x536 New Song: Omarion   Body

Last week saw B2K alum Omarion sign to Maybach Music, the music group owned by Rapper Rick Ross.

So, in a bid to generate steam for his upcoming release under the MC, he released a brand spanking new cut today, named ‘Body’.

Check it out below…

How innovative.

Another Dance Pop record.

Seriously- with the likes of ‘Ice Box’ under his belt, Omarion should know better than to trend hop as songs like these will do nothing but cheapen his already ‘inexpensive’ stock.

Yes, with a sing along hook and even easier catchier verses, ‘Body’ ticks a number of Top 40 boxes but we doubt it’ll do much for his overall cause, as it could have been recorded by any one of his contemporaries.

• May 9, 2012 at 2:52 pm
    LaDiiReDDs says:

I think he lost “it” they are way better hungrier young brothers out there …

• May 9, 2012 at 2:59 pm
    PYTFROMAL says:

Ahhh, my favorite B2K member. I remember having his posters all over my wall. Buying all of their CDs. Going to concerts, etc. Good times.

Anywho, he’s talented, no doubt! But he’s going to have to come a LITTLE harder then this if he wants a comeback.

“How innovative.

Another Dance Pop record.”

True but isn’t that what most artists are doing today? Can’t knock him for it. I’m just not feeling the song though. You can do better, O!

• May 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm
    Katy Slayri says:

FLOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• May 9, 2012 at 4:21 pm
    I don't want to sound like a hater but.... says:

Omarion? Chris Brown? Who knows and who cares, music these days is shite

• May 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm
    DelRey says:

His voice doesn’t fit this music.

• May 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm
    Boopi says:

I’m starting a petition. NO MORE DANCE MUSIC FROM PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE DOING R&B. I’m sick of this s***. R&B doesn’t have to be slow songs. You can make music for the clubs that don’t sound like this. >:{

• May 9, 2012 at 4:58 pm
    Oh Baby(b****** Will Deal) says:

i like it

• May 9, 2012 at 5:21 pm
    Beyonce's Kryptonite says:

No ma’am.

A hit??? Where??? A hole-in-the-wall bar in the middle of Atlanta Ocean???

Omarion – please ___/ until you come up with a hot R&B record. #shade

• May 9, 2012 at 6:02 pm
    2bad2bme says:

it is really generic but i like it better than usher’s scream,cassy king of hearts and a number of other dance records even though i was getting sick of them

• May 9, 2012 at 6:11 pm
    BLACK MADONNA says:

I LUV IT!! GET EM OMARION

• May 9, 2012 at 6:45 pm
    Dee says:

hated it!!!!!

• May 9, 2012 at 7:02 pm
    Girrrl says:

I’m glad Rick Ross is moving fast with Omarion. A lot of other labels have artists waiting for years before a song drops.

• May 9, 2012 at 9:03 pm
    B Lamont says:

NO less innovative than when Chris or Usher do it and he (the producer) did introduce some extra beats to the song. It has a little Bmore club music feel to it.

• May 10, 2012 at 12:46 am
    juni says:

WTF is this man! This is so wack on so many levels its just sad! rick ross should slap him wiht his belly for even finishing this record and waisting studio time!

• May 10, 2012 at 2:40 am
    Sean says:

In all honesty I appreciate R&B Omarion…no need to go the pop route like Chris Brown…he has the popularity, but Omarion is more Urban R&B…and I wish these R&B artist stick to R&B…thats why it’s a dying genre…Come on O…bring that s*** rite

• May 10, 2012 at 4:22 am
    Sir Perry Lush says:

This sounds like something form young money. Leaving/getting dropped from Young money was OMARIONS biggest mistake….that was/is his natural home as an artist…

• May 10, 2012 at 4:34 am
    NX127 - n**** WHAT says:

SLAYY!!!

Love him since COT

• May 10, 2012 at 7:39 am
    Cee says:

I actually like. I know it’s falling in line with the current trend of music but is that a bad thing? If his album has a balanced mixture of different generes I will appreciate it. I like well rounded artist. Give me good products of many styles. As a person who dances, I love a GOOD electro pop song just as much as a fire urban, dance R&B song. Shrugs.. Just don’t go completely pop O. Maintain your roots while growing is all I say.

• May 10, 2012 at 7:54 am
    honeydip says:

FOLLOW MW ON TWITTER @HONEY_DIP11 I FOLLOW BACK!

• May 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm
    The Wandering Mind says:

Chris Brown or anyone else like you said could have done this track. It’s catchy while you’re listening, but as soon as another track comes on you’ll struggle to remember it.

Glad he’s on another label, hope it works out for him.

What happened to Raz B & J?