Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

New Video: Mary J. Blige – ‘Why? (ft. Rick Ross)’

mary j blige why video thatgrapejuice New Video: Mary J. Blige   Why? (ft. Rick Ross)

The Queen of Hip-Hop/Soul, Mary J. Blige, today unveiled the video for ‘Why?’ – latest single to be lifted from her Gold-selling ‘My Life II’ opus.

Watch MJB and guest-star Rick Ross in action below…

Solid. Very much so, at that.

A fact rendered bitter-sweet when considering that the album is almost at its curtain-call. Why wasn’t the gloss and grandeur apportioned to this video also employed for its lead and most important releases (’25/8′ and ‘Mr. Wrong’)?

In any case, what’s done is done (including the album). Here’s hoping lessons have been learned going into the next outing.

• May 9, 2012 at 12:08 pm
    Mely B says:

This is one of the stand-out tracks on this album. Re your comments about the videos – you know r&b doesn’t get the big budget for videos anymore which can lend a low-rent quality to the production. The rollout of this album was all wrong & I think Mary had a hand in it – SOMEONE TO LOVE ME shouldn’t have been the soft lead and 25/8 should not have been released as a single @ all! Like I said, WHY is a really good track but it’s too little, too late to salvage this album.

• May 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm
    Darius says:

Its never too late Mary j managed to sell 600 thousand records without a pop radio smash and the video looks very high budget to me what us gonna happen is record sales are going up up up I’m glad Mary is continuing to promote my life 2 haters will hate

• May 9, 2012 at 12:29 pm
    aishaaguilerakeys says:

Nice vid, nice song. Go Mary! I like.nThis isn’t the first time she works w/ RR, though, guess she likes it.

• May 9, 2012 at 12:30 pm
    Dunk says:

This is a great track and the album has a number of great songs on it, no point in looking at the artist when they have low rent videos in this day and age where R&B is not selling, i hope Mary continues to push the labum for awhile as it is great!

• May 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm
    johnb says:

the video is well put together. it is the best so far off the album! i cant wait for don’t mind

• May 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm
    pat says:

great song title WHY? as in why are u still promoting this flop album

• May 9, 2012 at 12:51 pm
    johnb says:

pat

May 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm

great song title WHY? as in why are u still promoting this flop album

ummm hater much? and mary has never had one flop album so you need to get your fax together!

• May 9, 2012 at 12:58 pm
    BmoreK says:

It doesnt matter if its only gold… This CD is awesome IJS open your ears to something worth listening to.

• May 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm
    Tiny says:

Love this song, was one of my fav from the album.

• May 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    Darius says:

Album sold 600 000 how is that a flop bitches

• May 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    RoyalKev says:

The video wasn’t bad. I think Mary looked great in the beginning and towards the end in all white. If I’m honest, I just don’t LOVE the song. I actually thought this album was crap when I first heard it and then after I gave it a good listen I had a completely different opinion. I wish her singles were organized better.

I liked Mr. Wrong as a single choice (but it was released too early). I preferred the order of releases to have been released this way: Don’t Mind, 25/8(with a better video), Mr.Wrong(with a better video) and then a wrap-up with Empty Prayers(which is phenomenal).

• May 9, 2012 at 1:39 pm
    Darshelle Jones says:

• May 9, 2012 at 2:13 pm
    Jessica says:

@Pat: Where is your album?? oh that’s right…. nowhere= FLOP!!! LMAO!!! Pat, do yourself a favor- go and sing Little Miss Muffett and Mary Has A Little Lamb and learn the words and go from there to get a record deal, loser!!!

Anyways, I love this track and this is why she is called ” The Queen of Hip-Hop & R&B” for 20+ years, I can’t wait for Act 2 cd next!!!

• May 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm
    ANTHONY says:

MARY J BLIGE HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN HIPHOP & R&B SELLER, SO 600,000 IS GOOD FOR THE QUEEN….NO MORE DRAMA JUST SHOWED HOW THE QUEEN IS A CROSS OVER ARIST AND THE BREAKTHROUGH WAS HER BIGGEST BREAKTHROUGH AND LAST, ALSO REMEMBER THE FREE DOWNLOADS OF CD AND SINGLES….

• May 9, 2012 at 3:18 pm
    SHUH says:

Mary J. Blige does not do flop albums. She can still sell an album like it’s nobodys business. Keep reigning Mary!

• May 9, 2012 at 4:31 pm
    swagg says:

smh u youngsters or old dummies have no clue about the music biz and neither does sam if he thinks an album thats been gold a while and been out for 6months and its an urban release is a flop in 2012..thats great that she has had no top 20 hits and managed this it will prob b plat after summer if she continues to promote..alot of classic albums didnt seel like hot cakes at first but ended up doing really well due to promotion and singles its harder but it does happen

• May 9, 2012 at 5:27 pm
    lyric commander lee says:

this is the feeling i was hoping to get from her new project- classic mary! love it!

• May 9, 2012 at 5:35 pm
    Duane Da Vinci says:

(Waits for Deveal to post his Rant)…..

• May 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm
    Darianna Jones says:

I love Mary J. Blige, but she could have released better singles. There were so many other good songs on that CD that could have been released that would have had a greater impact than the ones she came out with. Hell, even the “Ain’t Nobody” cover could have done some damage. But (sigh), hopefully Part 2 will offer us more

• May 9, 2012 at 11:21 pm
    antertain says:

The real MJB is back.
    This is all she needs to do.
    Maybe snag one last video with Beyonce.
    I’d drop off my seat if a video for Love A Woman came.

• May 9, 2012 at 11:55 pm
    divaonthereal says:

MJB you really need to release and do a video for the collaboration of you and Beyonce “A Woman’s Love”. That song is fire and -it need to be released.

• May 10, 2012 at 7:28 am
    Lenny says:

God is a new platinum for today’s standarts.

• May 10, 2012 at 7:28 am
    Lenny says:

Gold is a new platinum for today’s standarts.

• May 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    Leo says:

Great video at last! Lavish. I missed this kinda work from Mary. Yes!!!!

• May 10, 2012 at 10:11 pm
    Johnb says:

Someone stated she didn’t get a top 20 hit off this album …. Actually mr. Wrong made it to number ten on r&b charts and got Mary her 23rd top 10 she has the most top tens as a female artist now even more than Mariah Carey so how is anything Mary does consider a flop ? Ok I thought so