Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Whitney Houston Tribute Confirmed For BET Awards 2012: Who Should Perform?

whitney vh1 divas1 Whitney Houston Tribute Confirmed For BET Awards 2012: Who Should Perform?

That Grape Juice (New York) are in the house live at the press conference for the BET Awards 2012.

Literally seconds ago, network head Stephen Hill confirmed that there will indeed be a tribute to the late, great Whitney Houston.

More after the jump…

Ever since the singer passed onto eternity in February, a multitude of musical tributes have been staged (with more, including a VH1 Divas special, planned).

Yet, most eyes have remained fixed on how (if at all) the Urban music juggernaut would honour the woman who, in many ways, embedded the Black “voice” into the mainstream fabric. Indeed, it was her “voice” – whether singing Pop, Gospel, or R&B, that would go on to vocally style a generation.

Alas, we here at TGJ HQ can’t wait to see who is enlisted to honour Houston. We know who we want to see, but…

Who do YOU think should tribute Whitney Houston at the BET Awards?

• May 22, 2012 at 4:12 pm
    wmtproductions147 says:

Brandy, Monica and Kelly that’s all you need!

wmtproductions147 Replied:

Kelly Rowland- Greatest Love of All
    Jennifer Hudson- I Will Always Love You

@itsmfeleke Replied:

DEBORAH COX
    TAMIA
    BRANDY
    CECE WINANS
    MARIAH CAREY
    KELLY ROWLAND

Quan Replied:

I so agree Brandy, Monica and Kelly Rowland will be just fine!

Yep Replied:

Monica needs to do YOU GIVE GOOD LOVE!! Do you mean Kelly Rowland or Kelly Price?. Kelly Price is an amazing vocalist.. Brandy and Monica NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED …Artists like Tamia , Chaka Khan, kelly Price and Faith Evans are also GREAT CHOICES!!!

Yep Replied:

On second thought,, I think Monica WILL DO AWESOME on “I HAVE NOTHING.” Overall, I think artist whom HAVE SOUL and actually Has a HISTORY with Whitney Houston should do this tribute not these NEWBEES…Well Bet was smart and allowed Kelly Price to do the tribute to Whitney at the Gospel Celebration therefore she doesn’t really have to be included in this one. Artists whom have a history with Whitney and KNEW her as well as can SANG should do this tribute. Bet needs NOT to MESS THIS Up…. Artists WITH THAT GOSPEL AND SOULFUL VOICE such as Faith Evans whom did Heartbreak Hotel with WHitney,, DEborah Cox whom did SAME SCRIPT DIFFERENT CAST with Whitney and has been often compared to her, BRANDY OF COURSE, and Tamia.. THese artists were out during a part of Whitney’s Prime but still are the “Younger Generation”.. Whitney mentored and knew these names.. I think that the artists whom have that SOUL needs to do this….Also, Kelly Rowland is better suited for a DONNA SUMMER tribute than a Whitney Houston Tribute!!

DeL_Cappella Replied:

I THINK!!!! personally… Brandy, Tamia, Kelly Price, Leona Lewis, Mariah Crarey, Kim Burrell, and Fantasia… it would be magical

Iesha Marie Replied:

I Personally Think That Demetria McKinney (Janine From Tyler Perry’s House Of Payne) Should Perform During Whitney Houston’s Tribute! Not Only Is Demetria McKinney A Fan Of Whitney’s, But She Have Performed Her Songs More Than Once At Different Events And I Must Say, I Was BLOWN AWAY! Demetria Is Some Kind Of Talent! :)

Lane Replied:

I really think Stephen should really thik about this and rewind the tape of people who have SANG NOT SING whitney houston songs my personal opinion and i hop Stephen hill see this BUT i would want Deborah Cox sings any song, Christina Agulliera sings i want to run to you yes i know see white but the b**** can sing Toni Braxton sings Shoop shoop and i have plenty more but Stephen hill gonna have to call me for the rest lol oh yes…my girl MARIAH CAREY KIM BURELL KELLY PRICE….CELINE DION.

• May 22, 2012 at 4:15 pm
    wmtproductions147 says:

I think Kelly Rowland should do Greatest Love of All and Jennifer Hudson should sing I Will Always Love You (the full performance; not the shortened version she did at the Grammy’s)!

Quan Replied:

No Jennifer!

DeL_Cappella Replied:

im sick of Jen

ABCD Replied:

I agree.. She already did the Grammy Tribute… THey act as if she’s the only artist that can do a Whitney tribute…

Oh Word?! Replied:

No One should sing ‘I Will Always Love You’ in a tribute again. They are wearing that song out and not even doing a good at it.

• May 22, 2012 at 4:18 pm
    missdiva says:

mariah carey,monica,cece winans and tamia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• May 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm
    MISHKA says:

BEYONCE , JENNIFER HUDSON, ALICIA KEYS and JORDIN SPARKS.

Their performance will be called D.O.L ( DEATH OF LIPSYNC)

Oh Baby (Bitches Will Deal) Replied:

lol @D.O.L but you speak no lies! i heavily concur with all your choices,I’d however add a little Mariah,Leona Lewis maybe Christina Aguilera and someone with a gospel voice! like the lady(I can’t remember her name) that paid tribute to Whitney at the BET honors or something,her voice was astounding!

Oh Baby (Bitches Will Deal) Replied:

just found out she’s called Yolanda Adams!

TERRELL Replied:

KIM BURRELL

• May 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm
    EdwardPonton says:

I would like to see Kelly do something. Anyone but J HUD lol

• May 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm
    Sam says:

Kim Burrell, Lauryn Hill, Brandy, & Babyface. It would be cool if the tribute finished with a big choir of all the MAJOR R&B vocalists past & present (Beyonce, Aretha, Toni, Mary and so on) singing I Look To You or something!

DeL_Cappella Replied:

AMEN!!!

• May 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm
    DC THATS ME says:

BEYONSLAY

• May 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm
    bunny2015 says:

BEYONCE GET UP AND DO IT PLEASE!

• May 22, 2012 at 4:29 pm
    David says:

As long as they stop performing “I WILL ALWAYS LOVE U” like she was a one hit wonder…..

Virtuoso Intellect Replied:

I agree. Besides they could never do it justice anyways

• May 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm
    Gareth says:

I’d like to see Monica- You Give good love, Brandy- My love is your love, Patti- – Unashamed, Kim burrell- I look to you, Yolanda Adams-I love the lord.,
    Jennifer Hudson- All the man that I Need, Kelly Clarkson- Run to You, Jill Scott- Oh yes. Please no more I will always love you. That song should be retired

JohnnyBlaze82 Replied:

I don’t think Kelly can hit those high notes in Run to You

• May 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm
    BRANDY NEEDS TO TRIBUTE HER MENTOR!!! says:

BRANDY, COKO, KEKE WYATT, TAMIA, KELLY PRICE, DEBORAH COX, LEDISI, C. AGUILERA, MONICA, FAITH EVANS (It’s only right … LOL), JAZMINE SULLIVAN, [CECE WINANS, YOLANDA ADAMS, SHIRLEY CEASAR, MARY MARY - Gospel Portion]

B-Socks Replied:

Don’t get the Faith comment? – Is it only right because she’s an amazing and talented singer just like Whitney?

• May 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

I don´t care about the who. Only about them honoring a true great the best way they can. I was happy with the Billboard tribute, the thing is these are emotive moments, and Bobbi Kris receiving that award was great, with the audience going crazy for our eternal girl: Whitney houston!

Angie Replied:

Agreed! It definitely needs to be fitting…she deserves it…She remains the most awarded Female in the music industry and will always be “The Voice”

• May 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm
    James227 says:

Jordin Sparks, Jennifer Hudson or Mary J. and out of those three Jordin Sparks should do it.

• May 22, 2012 at 4:35 pm
    Jessica says:

Brandy, Monica, Faith Evans, Deborah Cox, Kelly Price, Chaka, Kelly Rowland, Jennifer Hudson, Mariah , and Jordin Sparks. Not sure about Beyonce, can’t see her channeling Whitney, *shugs*

Blowmeo Replied:

“PLEASE BET NO CRACKANNA!!!! DON’T LET THAT FOOL PERFORM ANY WHITNEY SONGS!!!! THANKS!!!” :)))))))))))))))

Virtuoso Intellect Replied:

Lol Crackanna cant even get to perform her own songs on BET stage. U know urban audience dont play

• May 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm
    Angie says:

CeCe Winans, Mariah Carey, Faith Evans, Kelly Price, Deborah Cox. And I love Sam’s idea about the group closing with I Look to You!!!

• May 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm
    LegendTina The Goddess Of Music says:

Christina Aguilera @TheRealXtina performed at the 1st Ever Annual Bet Awards for Whitney Houston infront of her & got her praise from Nippy & always gave Whitney props through out her carreer & Whitney mentioned that what also spark her music comeback was Beyoncé & Christina that got her excited to come back. so Xtina should trbute Whitney with again.this time with Beyoncé, Mariah, Celine all of them should because she deserves a stellar tribute.

-__________- Replied:

I agree with you, Xtina & Bey need to perform. People always act as if Monica & Brandy have the best vocals since slice bread. Xtina & Bey would slay that stage!

TheTea Replied:

Brandy can see both sides of the stage without turning her head side to side. Monica is a ratchet hoodrat from ATL. People hype them up to be these amazing vocalists when they’re really just questionable. Bey & Xtina would snatch the dollar store wigs off of Brandy & Monica on a vocal duet.

[...] For BET Awards 2012: Who Should Perform? That Grape Juice Tue, May 22, 2012 9:10 PM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

• May 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm
    POP ROYALTY ( Révolution) says:

i really can’t think of names that will do her EPIC songs some justice.

but i think random performances from kelly rowland ” i wanna dance with somebody” , jordin sparks or even nicole scherzinger “i will always love you” will be KEWL :)

R.I.P whitney ! no one can give me vocals the way she Did !

• May 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm
    stoney-brie says:

sorry i don’t want to see Jennifer hudson attempt a Whitney song again seriously, i think Mariah should be tributing Whitney, because that’s where Mariah came from, she studied Whitney’s voice like no other, she may have added her own little spices like the whistle register thing that she made famous, but she def is one of the biggest Whitney fans ever and her vocal style especially when she started says it all.

So I say Mariah Carey and possibly Beyonce along side who I can see doing “The Greatest Love of All” but hey these two have got egos trus me… I wonder who gon tribute their asses one day.. Miley Cyrus/ Rihanna or something like that?? smh

Virtuoso Intellect Replied:

Omg a Mariah & Beyonce duet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I live

• May 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm
    Jayla says:

Alicia Keys, Mariah, Brandy, Jordin Sparks

• May 22, 2012 at 4:54 pm
    The One says:

I wounld like to see the “SONG BIRD” Ms. Mariah Carey tirbute her vocal conterpart!!

• May 22, 2012 at 4:55 pm
    just joe says:

-Brandy -I Learn From The Best
    -Brandy-On My Own
    -Brandy-I Look To You

She can slay any one of this three songs cos her voice is so full of pain and emotions.

• May 22, 2012 at 5:03 pm
    I'm not throwing shade, but... says:

I would like to see various artists from different parts of the world to show that she was international, so singers from the UK, Australia, Brazil… and wherever else. It would also be nice for them to do a video montage of fans who were inspired by Whitney singing her songs.

I’d also like to see American Idols Jessica Sanchez, Charice Pempengco & Alexandra Burke with some Leona Lewis thrown in (but only is she can up her preformance/stage presence and throw some soul on dem vocals)

• May 22, 2012 at 5:08 pm
    RoyalKev says:

1Alicia Keys ‘Dance With Somebody(Who loves me) – 2 mins
    2Monica & Kelly Rowland : ‘You Give Good Love’ – 2 mins
    3Tamia: ‘The Greatest Love Of All’ – 3mins or Christina Aguilera – ‘Run To You’
    4Brandy & Tyrese ‘Shoop’ – 2 mins 30secs
    5Jordin Sparks – I will always love you 3 mins
    6Kelly Price, Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia – I’m Every Woman

Virtuoso Intellect Replied:

Haha Kev you have it planned to a T :)

RoyalKev Replied:

:) Thanks Babe! I’d love to see this lin eup happen. LOL

Gene Replied:

Yes, Kev, I be happy with these choices to honor Whitney, I hope BET listens and don’t mess this tribute up like they did the michael Jackson tribute, smdh.

• May 22, 2012 at 5:15 pm
    TheOuyonB says:

Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Rowland should BOTH be excluded. I can rock with Brandy, Jessie J, Beyonce (although she would NEVER do it), and maybe a little bit of Ledisi

• May 22, 2012 at 5:15 pm
    lcj1010@twitter says:

monica…period, point blank. i look to you, i have nothing, u give good love

• May 22, 2012 at 5:16 pm
    bam bam says:

Monica- You Give Good Love
    Ledisi- Saving All My Love

• May 22, 2012 at 5:18 pm
    ChrisFresh says:

Idk who’s going to do, I think it should be her Gospel rooted friends like Kim Burrell, the Winans etc. and resurrect Fantasia. I’m tired of every award show doing I will always love you, Whitney had a vast collection of music.

• May 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm
    geeeeeesssss says:

soebody other than the same people but i do want to see ms carey

• May 22, 2012 at 5:25 pm
    SLW1 says:

Brandy, Monica and Mariah Carey…they all looked up to her and knew her personally

• May 22, 2012 at 5:27 pm
    poshhh says:

fuckin bet shading on kelly rowland men.. she had a number 1 rnb song all year and black pple r blind on her.. WTF GIVE HER A BREAK..

Virtuoso Intellect Replied:

U are on the wrong post buddy

• May 22, 2012 at 5:36 pm
    SAYINSOMETHIN-NICE says:

u knOW iM GONNA SAY BRANDY.. ALL THE WAY BRANDY..

• May 22, 2012 at 5:37 pm
    Chelby says:

MOST DEFINITELY DEMETRIA MCKINNEY, who plays Janine on Tyler Perry’s House of Payne!!!! This woman is AMAZINGLY talented and SOOOOOOO many people sleep on her work! Whitney was one of her BIGGEST inspirations, she can SANG and would DEFINITELY make Whitney proud. I think this video can prove my point better than my words. See her in action for yourself! She even sang a couple of Whitney’s songs. ===> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPiBBLzip0

• May 22, 2012 at 5:42 pm
    hOT! says:

I would love to see Letoya Luckett perform she really gets to be up on the stage and i think she would do great with a whitney song

• May 22, 2012 at 5:43 pm
    Rob "Mr_DeBonair2U" Brown says:

I think Kelly Rowland should do “I’m Your Baby Tonight” and Jennifer Hudson should sing “I Will Always Love You” & Brandy should do “Count on Me” with CeCe Winans

• May 22, 2012 at 5:44 pm
    [email protected] says:

wow i’m surprised at how many people are wanting Kelly Rowland to tribute Whitney Houston, foreal though?

Miasd Replied:

yes kelly should tribute Whitney number one is because she proved a lot of people wrong when she did her tribute to Mariah Carey and she did so good performing I wanna dance with somebody and greatest love of all Mariah, Whitney
    and Donna summers all made music that suit kellys light airy but strong vocals her voice was made for that time period. you must havent heard her tributes to Them..

Thats why shes able to sing her dance driven songs so well because she’s able to belt out when sometimes on r&b songs like like this or motivation he voice is restricted. a leads people to believe that she cant sing

lyric commander lee Replied:

exactly – ms kelly has proven this era that she can definenlty handle her own with the mariah tribute, the whitney tribute, and singing with michael buble – ppl keep sleepin on ms kelly and its a damn shame but its cool because she will keep proofing u haters wrong! work!

spencer Replied:

I can not wait to watch the Grammys Sunday. The buzz that is all around is who will do a tribute to Whitney. Names like Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia, and Christina A came up but be for real. Yes these girls can sing but they are not in her stratosphere. We need Mariah, CC Winans, Debra Cox, Tamia, and Heather Headley. If these girls are not in Los Angeles, they need to be flown in. Some of you will question my choices and those who do please youtube these women. They are fierce! RIP Whitney!

• May 22, 2012 at 5:46 pm
    Shuh says:

Leona Lewis performing ‘I Will Always Love You.’ She slayed it once, she can do it again.

We know Leona has the lungs to take on a Whitney song

• May 22, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    Miasd says:

and Donna summers all made music that suit kellys light airy but strong vocals her voice was made for that time period. you must havent heard her tributes to them..

• May 22, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    REALTALK says:

THIS WOULD BE PERFECT SET UP…

KELLY ROWLAND- GREATEST LOVE OF ALL

JILL SCOTT- ALL THE MAN I NEED

PATTI LABELLE- I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

CHAKA- IM EVERY WOMAN

BEYONCE- I BELIEVE IN YOU AND ME

TAMIA, KELLY PRICE, AND DEBORAH COX – I LOOK TO YOU

CECE WINANS AND BEBE WINANS- COUNT ON ME

MARIAH CAREY & CELINE & CHOIR- WHEN YOU BELIEVE

THAT WOULD BE PERFECT…

lyric commander lee Replied:

sounds like a concert to me

REALTALK Replied:

IT WILL TAKE A CONCERT TO PERFECTLY HAVE A TRIBUTE FOR WHITNEY… I THINK BET AWARDS SHOULD BE A 3 HOUR EVENT… INSTEAD OF A 2 HOUR… AND THE TRIBUTE ITSELF SHOULD BE AN HOUR ALONE…

reality Replied:

THATS IT

• May 22, 2012 at 6:13 pm
    Kstone says:

I think faith evans , Kelly price,brandy, Monica ,ect

• May 22, 2012 at 6:19 pm
    Hassan says:

Im sorry but MARIAH CAREY! Who else? Mariah is the closest anyone can get to Whitney!

Virtuoso Intellect Replied:

It’s not about trying to be Whitney or sounding like Whitney. It’s about honouring her legacy. I’d love for Mariah to do it though

• May 22, 2012 at 6:22 pm
    @itsmfeleke says:

DEBORAH COX,TAMIA, MARIAH CAREY, J HUD, KELLY ROWLAND , CEE WINANS, & BRANDY

• May 22, 2012 at 6:29 pm
    Quan says:

Let me keep this simple because I loved my baby Whitney.

MONICA- You Give Good Love or I Have Nothing
    Brandy- My Love Is Your Love or I’ve Learned From the Best
    KELLY ROWLAND- I Wanna Dance With Somebody/ Greatest Love of All
    KIM BURELL- I Believe in You and Me/ I Look to YOU

Thats all we need and maybe Chrsitina Aguliera can come show how its suppose to be done!

• May 22, 2012 at 6:33 pm
    gio88 says:

kelly rowland version of greatest love of all was way better than the john legend one , so i want her!!!

• May 22, 2012 at 6:39 pm
    janetfan says:

Brandy, Mariah, Christina……the end.

• May 22, 2012 at 6:40 pm
    aynon says:

Leona Lewis by far noone has sung I Will Always Love You as well as her since Whitney not even jennifer hudson watch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqrTxDwQ51w that was 6 years ago imagine how it would sound if she sang it now. way better than Jennifer Hudson’s rendition

• May 22, 2012 at 6:43 pm
    Nick says:

Mariah Carey, Chaka Khan, Kelly Price, Kim burrell, Monica, Brandy, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, and Valarie Simpson

• May 22, 2012 at 6:47 pm
    TheTea says:

No Kim Burrell no gorillas for the tribute!!

• May 22, 2012 at 6:49 pm
    Nick says:

and Christina Aguliera, Tamia, and Cece Winans should be apart of it. and Bobbi Kristina should Present it.

• May 22, 2012 at 6:51 pm
    lyric commander lee says:

ms kelly baby! along with a few others – brandy, monica, beyonce, yolanda adams, mariah – fantasia – patti – old and new generations – sounds awesome to me

• May 22, 2012 at 6:55 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

Wow! i was thinking and i still can’t believe she’s gone, her presence is so strong that you almost feel she’s still here.

• May 22, 2012 at 7:06 pm
    aerique says:

Brandy – I Will Always Love You
    Monica – I Have Nothing
    Brandy & Monica – Count On Me
    CeCe Winans – I Believe In You and Me
    Jennifer Hudson – I Didnt Know My Own Strength
    Everybody sings I’m Every Woman

MIKE Replied:

ARE U KIDDING ME BRANDY WOULD FAIL MISERABLY SINGING I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU !!!!

• May 22, 2012 at 7:11 pm
    cocodior3069 says:

If Kelly Rowland is there i only want to hear her sing “How will i know” !!! Mariah on this would be EPIC!!!!!

• May 22, 2012 at 7:16 pm
    Chester says:

All I Know Kelly Rowland should sing “The Greatest Love Of All” She did an Amazing Job at singing it before

• May 22, 2012 at 7:17 pm
    reality says:

“MARIAH CAREY & CELINE & CHOIR- WHEN YOU BELIEVE” … that would be an AMAZING tribute to whitney :)

• May 22, 2012 at 7:20 pm
    Chester says:

Or Janet Jackson should perform Together Again !

• May 22, 2012 at 7:22 pm
    DeL_Cappella says:

Ask me personally… Brandy, Tamia, Kelly Price, Leona Lewis, Mariah Crarey, Kim Burrell, and Fantasia… Thank you

• May 22, 2012 at 7:24 pm
    brittany watkins says:

Kim Burrell-believe n u and me
    Jordin Sparks-i will always love you
    Monica-You give good love

• May 22, 2012 at 7:25 pm
    SimpleGuy says:

Brandy, Tamia, Monica & Fantasia.

• May 22, 2012 at 7:39 pm
    Mammie says:

I think Rihanna will be the best person…..cuz she always wanted to sing with Whitney Houston, or make song with her.Please give Rihanna chance to sing at the B.E.T award please

#Mammie….A.K.A RiRi

Jessica Replied:

HELL NO!!!! BET BETTER NOT PUT CRACKANNA ON THE WHITNEY TRIBUTE!!!!

Jessica Replied:

That will be a disgrace to her legacy to put CRACKANNA on there!!! YUCK!!!

• May 22, 2012 at 7:41 pm
    Yep says:

Kelly Rowland is better suited for a DOnna SUmmer Tribute. I mean their imaging is SOOO SIMILAR….Anyway the artists that actually CHECKED for WHitneyand paid her TRIBUTE during her DOWN TIMEs and did not wait until her DEATH needs to be INcluded .. I have already listed in my opinion, the artists that I think should do it..

• May 22, 2012 at 7:43 pm
    Apple says:

I think Whitney would want Brandy, Mariah Carey, Monica and Alicia keys to do a tribute.

• May 22, 2012 at 7:55 pm
    Small_Angel says:

Britney, Rihanna, Gaga, Kesha and Katy Perry..

LOL

Just Kidding although i love those girls.

I think Christina Aguilera and Beyonce should do the tribute…
    They are the only 2 artist nowadays that could give us electrifying performance and makes us excited, open our mouth and eyes hooked on TV when they are performing live.
    I think the tribute could do with only these 2 artist. Back to Back 10 songs each..
    hahahaha

DeL_Cappella Replied:

• May 22, 2012 at 8:02 pm
    nibbibu says:

I want to hear person(s) who I have never heard sing a Whitney tribute before (i. e. officially- @ an award show). Persons like: Mariah, Brandy, Kelly Rowland, (As much as I love Jordan Sparks she did her thing).

• May 22, 2012 at 8:02 pm
    Yep says:

• May 22, 2012 at 8:05 pm
    shawn wright says:

The one and only Kelly Rowland, a youth choir should sing a medley of gospel hits no famous gospel singer leading but a choir singing a medley of her work.

DeL_Cappella Replied:

• May 22, 2012 at 8:06 pm
    marcos jimenez says:

I THINK

ASHANTI
    KELLY ROWLAND
    JENNIFER HUDSON

• May 22, 2012 at 8:07 pm
    Jay1 says:

I say just play her damn videos and let that be the end of it. picking and choosing from such a large pool of entertainers that in someway knew Whitney will exclude a lot of people. Not cool.

ABCD Replied:

I DONT get your point…so what if it will exclude other people??? at a funeral, do persons tribute others whom did not know them??

• May 22, 2012 at 8:27 pm
    DeL_Cappella says:

Brandy, Tamia, Kelly Price, Leona Lewis, Mariah Crarey, Kim Burrell, and Fantasia… Thank you….OHHH WAIT i forgot my sweetheart Jazmine Sullivan yesss there we go… and it would be everything…im sick of the same ppl getting up there

ABCD Replied:

Monica as well.. Im done….

• May 22, 2012 at 8:57 pm
    PrettigurlrockD says:

brandy and Monica. But y is there so much press over Whitney Houston and Donna summer just died? C’mon! These award shows really need to honor two icons! Not just 1 cuz even tho Donna was at her peak in the 70′s and 80′s she had a lot of hits that spanned decades!

• May 22, 2012 at 9:00 pm
    msblackrose says:

I’D LIKE TO SEE KELLY ROWLAND PERFORM “QUEEN OF THE NIGHT” FROM THAT BODYGUARD MOVIE.

• May 22, 2012 at 9:13 pm
    Emily K. Stardust says:

I think that if Bobbi Kristina trubute her mother, singing in BET Awards, it would be epic and the most emotional ever performance!

• May 22, 2012 at 9:15 pm
    credits says:

Monica HAS BEEN paying tribute even when whitney was alive. It’s time that her undying love and respect for Whitney is televised and viewed nationally.

There are alot of great singers who want to pay tribute, and alot of great singers loved her but i think it should be singers who know whitney personally and have expressed how much she is an inspiration in their career, throughout their careers. That isn’t Beyonce and it isn’t Alicia Keys. Brandy and Monica stand up!!!!

Virtuoso Intellect Replied:

But Whitney’s music reached touched way more people than she could have ever known personally. Jordin did a good job at Billboards dint she? If it works the way u put it then it will be the same ppl doin the Whitney tribute at every award show meanwhile almost every female singer has listed her as an inspiration

Yep Replied:

However , Whitney did not have a COnnection or RELATIONSHIP WITH ALOT OF THOSE ARTISTS whereas SHE had A RELATIONSHIP WITH BRANDY AND MONICA BEFORE THEY WERE ADULTS FROM THEY WERE MINORS!! IT is only right that they be included!! WHITNEY MOULDED THEM PERSONALLY FROM THEY WERE KIDS!! MONICAS PERFORMACE WHICH GOT HER A RECORD DEAL AT ELEVEN YEARS OLD WAS DEDICATED TO WHITNEY BEFORE SHE EVEN SANG THE SONG!! BEFORE SHE EVEN KNEW WHITNEY ANS SHE WAS ONY ELEVEN LISTEN TO UT IN YOUTUBE!! IT IS ON!Y RIGHT MONICA AND BRANDY BE INCLUDED ON THIS TRIBUTE!! THEY WERE ALSO THE LAST THAT SHE MENTORED When she was alive!! THEY WERE INE OF THE LAST TO SPEND TIME WITH HER AND THEY CAN ACTUALLY SANNG!!

Yep Replied:

THANK YOU @ CREDIT EVERYTHING YOU SAID WAS ON POINT!!

credits Replied:

You’re welcome, i’m glad i am not the only one who thinks so. I always knew how great Whitney was but seeing how she influenced brandy and monica, it brought me closer to whitney’s music. Who else has seen the clip when brandy meets whitney for the first time??? Golden! Those two are little whitneys.

virtuoso intellect Replied:

ok no need to go caps, i stopped reading after the first few lines. im not denying the connection she had with Brandy n Monica or that they shouldnt be involved. what im saying is that it is wrong to say only they are the only ones who should tribute whitney period. there’s only so many people Whitney could have been personally close to and in fact if u are aware of her career u’d know she’s had at least with 1 encounter with majority of artist that were upcoming or popular in the 90s thru early 00s and they idolised her as well. anyways lets agree to disagree. BET will get whoever they see fit on their stage and the best we can hope for is a befitting tribute

• May 22, 2012 at 9:23 pm
    Claiming Healing says:

I say Three people should honor her. One singing all the man I need another do Like a fast quick song like Heartbreak Hotel or my love is your love. Than you have to honor her Gospel roots. Be nice to see more than one gospel artist on the stage. Excited

• May 22, 2012 at 9:36 pm
    JohnnyBlaze82 says:

Ciara, Cassie, JLo, and Kesha! I kid,i kid but on a serious note I would love for Mariah to do something as well as Ms. Patti. And bring back Deborah Cox please!!!!

• May 22, 2012 at 10:04 pm
    Ann says:

Brandy
    Monica
    Alicia Keys
    Beyonce
    Kelly Rowland

DeL_Cappella Replied:

add Tamia and Jazmine Sullivan

• May 22, 2012 at 10:16 pm
    Tater says:

my whitney tribute album!

Disk One:

1. Monica – Saving All My Love For You
    2. Kelly Rowland – Exhale [Shoop]
    3. Ciara – It’s Not Right But It’s Okay
    4. Christina Aguilera – Queen Of The Night
    5. Jennifer Hudson – I Will Always Love You
    6. Rihanna – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
    7. Brandy – The Greatest Love Of All

12. Mary J. Blige – I Have Nothing
    13. Jazmine Sullivan – Love Will Save The Day
    14. Christina Milian duet with R. Kelly – We Didn’t Know
    15. Alicia Keys – Million Dollar Bill
    16. Ledisi duet with Jill Scott – Same Script, Different Cast

jasmine king Replied:

why in the hell would britney spears to do a whitney song thats an insult……..please no one should do i always love you no more thats not the only hit song she had…. how will i know, i wana dance with somebody, emotional, i am your baby tonight, all the man i need, my name is not susan my love is you love, where do broken hearts go, exhale, saving all my love, queen of the night, i am every woman, why does it hurt somebody, and the gospel side jesus loves me, i love the lord, and i go to the rock. the singers should be beyonce, patti labelle, chaka khan, jasmine sullivan mary j blige, yalonda adams, mariah carey, monica, brandy, jordin sparks, kelly rowland…..jennifer hudosn and amber riley from glee

• May 22, 2012 at 10:18 pm
    Casiu says:

Whitney Houston was the Queen, and part of the “Trinity”. She influenced countless others (male and female), so with that being said, I think the following artists need to stop the world on it’s axis in tribute:
    Mariah Carey- Exhale (Shoop, Shoop)
    Monica- I Have Nothing
    Tyrese/Brandy- Didn’t We Almost Have It All
    Christina Aguilera- All The Man I Need
    Beyonce’- So Emotional
    Robin Thicke/BeBe/Cece Winans- I Learned from the Best

• May 22, 2012 at 10:26 pm
    Casiu says:

No Jennifer, absolutely not man! She wants to be Whitney, not ever gonna happen. As far as real diva performers, only the best for the fallen warrior voice. Beyonce, Christina, Leona, Brandy, Monica, and her tough competition of the 90′s: Mariah and Celine. Aretha, Gladys, Patti would be superior maybe. And the male artists: Usher, Robin Thicke, Ne-Yo, Boyz 2Men, and even Prince. It just needs to be Superior, and people who are phenominal.

Stephen Replied:

And you missed out on Toni Braxton?

Yep Replied:

Toni would do good but .. Keep in mind her voice is A VERY RICH LOW voice .. If ot the most,, ONE OF THE MOST UNIQUE FEMALE VOICES TO HIT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY!!! SHe is One of A KIND!!

• May 22, 2012 at 10:44 pm
    WhitneyTaughtMe says:

Monica, hands down. This is why…

Yep Replied:

Thank you..Monica didnt wait til her death to tribute and honour her..She was down for Whitney during WHitney’s ups and down.. SHE Is One of the MOST DESERVING ARTISTS to do this tribute..SHE DEFINATELY SHOULD BE INCLUDED FOR THIS TO BE RIGHT!!!

• May 22, 2012 at 10:49 pm
    Kristi says:

Definitely Monica.

• May 22, 2012 at 11:30 pm
    keenan says:

Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland Kelly Rowland

• May 23, 2012 at 12:06 am
    Iesha Marie says:

• May 23, 2012 at 12:19 am
    THATORANGEJUICE says:

Beyonce..christina aguilera,deborah cox.brandy.jessie j

• May 23, 2012 at 12:29 am
    Lawrence D says:

Brandy Mariah Carey Beyonce CeCe Monica …..But BRANDY ALL DAY THO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• May 23, 2012 at 12:42 am
    Aeridella says:

I know there are a lot of Brandy stans that live on the internet but Brandy’s voice isn’t necessirally a good fit for Whitney’s songs. Not saying Ms. Norwood can’t sing because she can but her style of singing isn’t meant for a typical Whitney song. Same reason I wouldn’t mention Mary or Fantasia. I would go with Deborah Cox or Monica if you really want to see a Whitney tribute done the right way. But Brandy could possibly do My Love Is Your Love some justice.

• May 23, 2012 at 12:49 am
    Shawn says:

When singing a Whitney song Soul and Range is everthing. Its not about trying to duplicate her but thats just what her songs require. BET should be calling on people who can SANG. Not people that fans are biasd towards.

Honestly if its now Deborah Cox, CeCe Winans, or even someone unknown like Tarralyn Ramsey, then I dont want to see it.

• May 23, 2012 at 1:28 am
    latisha says:

Brandy – I Will Always Love You

Brandy’s tone is so rich and she will kill it by sounding like HERSELF with a hint of Whitney’s inspiration. Unlike others who will try to emulate

• May 23, 2012 at 2:33 am
    Travis says:

Fantasia…

• May 23, 2012 at 2:53 am
    ANTHONY says:

MARY J BLIGE, PATTIE LABELLE, BRANDY & MONICA….& IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY ASK CISSY HOUSTON TO TRIBUTE HER ON DAUGHTER & STILL WITH THE LINE UP I SAID…

• May 23, 2012 at 3:41 am
    Nikki says:

Kim Burrell. Kelly Price. Yolanda Adams, Beyonce, Mary J, Patti, Brandy

• May 23, 2012 at 4:50 am
    S. says:

Mariah Carey, Beyonce or Adele !! Jennifer Hudson sucked…

• May 23, 2012 at 4:59 am
    Demetrian says:

DEMETRIA MCKINNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• May 23, 2012 at 7:59 am
    yayyaa says:

I’m not sure what alot of you are hearing…
    Monica voiced isn’t fluid,strong,or clear enough to do you give good love-at least live its not(She is a hit or miss live vocally)
    Brandy and her tiny bit of deranged fans…smh sorry brandy can sing but she won’t do too well on a Whitney song unless its on from the 90′s era.
    1.Beyonce-I believe. Beyonce would murk a Whitney song…she just doesn’t do it out of respect to Whitney….but id love to hear that
    2.Christina.She has the same tone(Not abilities)
    3.Alicia Keys
    4.Lady Gaga(minus the crazy,she actually can sing but it’s bet lol)
    5.Kelly Rowland

JHighHeels Replied:

For Ms.Whitney
    Beyonce-Dance with Somebody
    Beyonce-Queen of the Night
    Monica- You give good Love

For Ms.Donna
    Beyonce of course, she already remade Naughty Girl so it’s only befitting she perform that song..

• May 23, 2012 at 8:55 am
    Cory C says:

1. Brandy Because She Has The Tone, Versatility, And Most Of All Because She Has Worked With Whitney And Whitney Is One Of Her Idols

2. Monica Because We All Know She Would Kill A Whitney Songs (Dry Church Runs, Yodels And All)

3. Beyonce Because Everyone Obviously Wants Her Too

4. R Kelly Because We All Know The King Of R&B Has Worked With Whitney And Can Deliver A Proper Tribute

5. The Winans Because They All Can Deliver THE BEST TRIBUTE And Had A Personal Relationship With Her

• May 23, 2012 at 8:55 am
    yasmine26 says:

They can get Monica, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Yolanda Adams or Tamia. They need to get the woman that can really sing and can pay the right respect to Whitney Houston.

• May 23, 2012 at 9:07 am
    Fanny says:

I think JoJo should be one of the performer who gives Tribute for Whitney. She’s white whatever but her voice is very soul & rnb!!!

• May 23, 2012 at 9:20 am
    4321 says:

BRANDY, MONICA, DEB COX, TAMIA, FAITH EVANS (MAYBE), KELLY ROWLAND.. and I AGREE with the majority. No Jennifer Hudson, and No I will Always Love You.

B-Socks Replied:

Maybe for Faith Evans? Are you crazy!?!

Probably because you listed Kelly Rowland lmao!

• May 23, 2012 at 9:52 am
    Todd says:

Brandy all day, i feel like they always look over her when it comes to the tribute…she should be involved in some way even if its jus reading something or talking about her..but i would love to hear her sing to her Idol….But come on we all know how BET always f*** it up..they always drop the ball….so dont even get your hopes up its prob gona be some random person!!!!!!….BRANDY,BRANDY,BRANDY!!!!

• May 23, 2012 at 10:21 am
    Whatsoever says:

They need to bring out the people who can do her justice and had a connection with her. It would be wonderful and more heartfelt. That’s why I say it should be Brandy, Kim Burrel, Kelly Price, Aretha Franklin,Monica, Faith Evans, Cee Cee Winans, R. Kelly and maybe Mariah. Don’t just do it for the name sake or who’s popular now. Do it so that it’s done properly and felt at the heart.

• May 23, 2012 at 11:12 am
    MARC says:

BRANDY- THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL!!!!!!!!!

• May 23, 2012 at 11:39 am
    Lola says:

Kelly Rowland AND Brandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• May 23, 2012 at 11:43 am
    Yep says:

MONICAS PERFORMANCE AT A TALENT SHOW WHICH GOT HER HER RCORD DEAL AT ELEVEN YEARs OLD WAS DEDICATED TO WHITNEY BEFORE SHE SANG THE GREATEST LOVE OF A!L THE FIRST THING SHE DID WAS DEDICATE IT TO WHITNEY AND SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD HAAAVING NO IDEA THAT MUSIC INDUSTRY PEOPLE WERE WATCHNG HER!! SHE WAS ON!Y ELEVEN AND AT THAT TIME DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHITNEY!! IT IS ONLY RIGHT FOR HER AND BRANDY TO DEFINATELY BE IN THIS TRIBUTE!!! YOU CAN LISTEN TO IT ON YOUTUBE!!

Yep Replied:

SHE ALWAYS HONOURED AND TRIBUTED WHITNEY!!

monica Replied:

• May 23, 2012 at 11:44 am
    Sean says:

MARIAH CAREY
    CHAKA KHAN
    ARETHA FRANKLIN
    MARY J. BLIGE
    CHRISTINA AGUILERA (ESP SINCE WHITNEY SAID SHE DID THE BEST COVER OF ‘RUN TO YOU’ *BESIDES HERSELF* ON THE BET AWARDS)
    KIM BURRELL

‘NUFF SAID.

• May 23, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    Stacy says:

Brandy,Kim Burrell, CeCe Winans, Chaka Khan, Mariah Carey, Ledisi, Monica & Patti LaBelle. And if they Just have to Beyonce!

• May 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm
    Alana Davis says:

I agree that Demetria McKinney should perform during the Whitney Houston tribute because she does have a lot of talent. Her voice is amazing, but if she isn’t picked to do maybe Monica or Brandy.

• May 23, 2012 at 12:17 pm
    BOOBOO says:

WHITNEY IS A LEGEND, SHE IS THE TOP BLACK FEMALE SELLING ARTIST IN TIME RIGHT NOW
    IT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE
    TO HAVE GOSPEL
    THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL- KELLY ROWLAND
    MARY J BLIGE
    BRANDY AND MONICA DUET-
    R KELLY, STEVIE WONDER, MISSY ELLIOT, KELLY PRICE
    JENNIFER HUDSON,

• May 23, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    B-B says:

Demetria McKinney would put on the PERFECT Whitney Houston tribute!!! If you don’t know who she is, shame on you!!! Google her! Youtube her! Visit demetriamckinney.com and demetriamckn.webs.com to be educated!

• May 23, 2012 at 5:15 pm
    B-Socks says:

Faith Evans, Kelly Price, Mariah Carey, Tamia, Brandy, & Deborah Cox – THAT IS ALL!

Especially Faith and Kelly because no one else listed by anyone can sing as good as Whitney did.

• May 23, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Toni
    Leona
    Christina
    Gladys

• May 23, 2012 at 5:18 pm
    Casiou says:

they all need to be on the BET awards, this one time. I mean the the tribute for Whitney should last about twenty mins. and the Donna should be about 15- 20 mins. This better be awe- inspiring

virtuoso intellect Replied:

20 mins tribute? that’s beyond pushing it

• May 23, 2012 at 6:45 pm
    James Alexander says:

I absolutely love myself some Jennifer Hudson but honestly I was not blown away when she did I Will Always Love You. In fact I dont even think the song fit her. Now Amber Riley though…. WOW!! I am tired of hearing ppl tribute with that song tho. & it wasn’t even originally hers. As for Kelly Rowland, I wouldn’t dare for the simple fact of them snubbin me. But for her to show up a second year in a row & slay yet again would be not only epic but a big f*ck u to the show which would slay ME. Some of my picks tho would be her “kids” Brandy & Monica. Mariah should do When U Believe with Tamia. Patti should do I Believe in You & Me or Count On Me with Miss Winans. If Kelly does perform she should do Lover For Life. That song gives me Kelly anyways when I hear it. Then its her favorite Whitney song. All I know is it better not be an MJ repeat bcuz they messed that completely up. SN: I also love my Bey but she has left Whitney’s songs alone for a reason & something tells me it should stay that way. OAN: follow me on Twitter @MrOffficer & Instagram @itsyaboiroc

• May 23, 2012 at 8:33 pm
    Small_Angel says:

If the BET production needs to cut cost, get Brandy, Monica and Kelly.

But if budget is not a problem, get Beyonce, Christina and maybe Alicia.

• May 23, 2012 at 10:03 pm
    Kristopher Davis says:

• May 24, 2012 at 3:39 am
    Octavia says:

Demetria McKinney ALL THE WAY!!!! It’s a SHAME that so many people don’t know who she is, or about her talent. Go learn some stuff!!! Google her!

• May 24, 2012 at 3:44 am
    Alpha Ace says:

Demetria McKinney, Jennifer Hudson, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera

• May 24, 2012 at 2:09 pm
    ASIPOFBRANDY says:

BRANDY BRANDY AND MO BRANDY !!!!

• May 24, 2012 at 5:45 pm
    Passion85 says:

Brandy
    Monica
    Mariah Carey
    Tamia
    Patti Labelle

• May 24, 2012 at 10:02 pm
    Chocha_Pelua says:

If anybody should b up there doing a tribute 2 Nippy, it should be BRANDY

• May 25, 2012 at 10:25 am
    Hot as ICE says:

• May 25, 2012 at 2:54 pm
    KeyAmino says:

I’ve witnessed Kelly Rowland handle Mariah Carey’s Fantasy, Whitney Houstons Greatest Love of All and Michael Buble’s version of White Christmas beautifully. It would make me happy to see her show more people that she actually can sing. When I heard her sing those 3 songs, it proved to me how underrate she is in the music industry. This could be her chance to shine even more. :)

• May 25, 2012 at 9:40 pm
    Mrs. Tremaine Aldon Neverson says:

Alicia Keys, Angie Stone, Brandy, Beyonce, Ciara, Faith Evans, Fantasia, India.Arie, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Price, Kelly Rowland, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Patti LaBelle, Tamia. That would be cool with me.

• May 25, 2012 at 9:44 pm
    Jerms says:

Kelly rowland

• May 26, 2012 at 12:37 pm
    monica hawes says:

Monica Brown would be an excellent choice to help with the BET tribute to Whitney. She has in all honesty would be the most sincere choice , she was showing love to Whitney at all her performances before she passed and that is what u call LOVE. Thats what u call giving a person their flowers while they are HERE!!!!

• May 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm
    monica hawes says:

Monica Brown would be an excellent choice to help with the BET tribute to Whitney. She in all honesty would be the most sincere choice , she was showing love to Whitney at all her performances before she passed and that is what u call LOVE. Thats what u call giving a person their flowers while they are HERE!!!!

• May 26, 2012 at 3:10 pm
    KEKEE says:

yall are fuckinn SLEEPPPPP ONN BEYONCEE SHE SLAYED I WILL ALLWAYS LOVE YOU ! LOOK HERE ! http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=wutfckoXOBg

BEYONCE-ILL ALLWAYS LOVE YOU
    MONICA-YOU GIVE GOOD LOVE

MARIAH VOICE is no where near as qood as it was ten years aqo EXAMPLE she sounded horrible at micheal jackson memorial servicee ijs

BEYONCE && MONICA WOULDD BEE PERFECT

NO MOREE J.HUD SHE GOOD BUT IM SICK OF HER

TEAMM BEYONCEE<333

• May 26, 2012 at 4:23 pm
    Rashad says:

Monica…… hands down…enough said!

• May 31, 2012 at 8:06 am
    justine says:

it will be useless without Charice. . . i suggest Charice to sing I will always love you

• June 3, 2012 at 6:59 pm
    davante says:

MAN HANDS DOWN IDC WAT NOBODY SAY BEYONCE NEEDS TO DO A SONG BECAUSE SHE HAS THE VOCAL POWER TO HIT EVERY NOTE CLOSE TO HOW WHITNEY DID TIRED OF HEARING BRANDY AND MONICA..BEY HAS MORE POWER AND A STRONGER RANGE!

• June 10, 2012 at 7:05 pm
    Eric Ego says:

First of All Jennifer Hudson should not be included in the tribute cause she’s already done 2 tributes to Whitney Houston and it would be unfair to include her in another one.Beyonce should not be included because she sung “I Will Always Love You” at revel and it sounded horrible (although I do love some Beyonce).I think that Celine Dion,Mariah Carey, should be included in the tribute.Bobbi Kristina and Cissy Houston should also perform. I think that Kelly Rowland should be given her shot to sing “I Will Always Love You” at the BET Awards 2012. She would sing it beautifully.And….?????? I think of anybody else right now!

• June 12, 2012 at 1:33 pm
    jibri says:

I believe MONICA is the best

• June 15, 2012 at 8:54 am
    Cristobal says:

Mine are Christina aguilera , Mariah Carey or

• June 21, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    MIKE says:

Jordin Sparks
    Cissy Houston
    Monica
    Celine
    Mariah
    Brandy

This would be perfect !!! Plus maybe they could all sing Celebrate (from Sparkle) !!