Brandy Drops News On ‘Diva’, Chris Brown Collabos

d0b7d91f3d78158cbe4d5271f96d5229 Brandy Drops News On Diva, Chris Brown Collabos

(source)

‘Put It Down’ diva Brandy is looking to put it down over multiple fronts in 2012.  Already rocking television’s ‘The Game’ and ‘Drop Dead Diva’ (guest-starring on upcoming episodes), Ms. Norwood is also readying fans for a summer takeover with her August-due album ‘TwoEleven’.

As if that’s not enough, B-rocka is still looking to rock big screens with her Tyler Perry-directed return ‘The Marriage Counselor’.

Even with a growing number of irons in the fire, Brandy took to BET.com to let fans know that the heat is only rising as she is still putting finishing touches on even more projects.  Find out what else Bran is looking to put down in the coming year below:

Via BET:

Why did you want to go back to Drop Dead Diva?

I love my character and I love [executive producer] Craig Zadan and [star] Brooke [Elliott] and all those guys. I had a wonderful time with Josh Stamberg. We had great chemistry.

What do you like about your character, Elisa?

I love that she’s a family girl. She loves her son; her foundation is the integrity of taking care of people — she’s a nurse. I can relate to her heartbreak with Jay, I can relate to the fact that she loves her son like I love my daughter. I felt like I could completely bring this character to life because in so many ways it’s my life, except that I’m not a nurse and I have a daughter, not a son.

You’ll be back on Diva on July 8. What happens in that episode?

All I can say without giving too much away is that Serena Williams plays my lawyer. There is a case, but I can’t tell you what it’s about.

Are you making more appearances as Chardonnay on The Game?

I plan to do a lot of episodes of The Game. That’s my dream. I love that character as well. She’s just so ghetto-fabulous and so free. She says what she wants. She’s loud. She’s completely different from who I am in my life. I have so much fun playing Chardonnay. I love her.

Do you consider yourself a diva?
Not at all, and everyone around me thinks I need to get a little more diva in me. I don’t have time to be a diva. Who wants that? There’s this stereotype thing when it comes to “diva”; I always think it means you’re full of yourself. But there are so many great divas out there who have a humble spirit and are very confident. So maybe I need to get a little more of that.

The BET Awards are coming up. What are you looking forward to most?
I haven’t been to the BET Awards in a long time, so I just want to go and see what happens. I know a lot of great artists are going to be there. I want to see the performances and be a part of a great night.

Do you have a favorite BET Awards moment from the past?
Rick James
came on stage and had the entire crowd cracking up. There have been a lot of great moments but that was a fantastic moment.

You have a new album due in August, Two Eleven. Details?

It’s great to have a new album with a new label, a new journey in music. Two Eleven was the day I was born and also the day Whitney Houston passed away. So I dedicated this album and this musical journey to her. I just want to honor her in everything that I do.
Are you planning to tour?
I definitely want to tour. I miss the stage, I miss connecting with my fans and I would love to go out there and see them face-to-face.

The single is “Put It Down,” featuring Chris Brown. How did that collaboration come about?

Chris Brown was actually a writer on the album. He co-wrote a song for me called “Slower.” He was at a session and heard the song “Put It Down” and hopped on it. I wasn’t even there. This was way after the song was finished. I didn’t know that he was going to rap and sing, and when I heard it I was like, “This is hot!” I thank him for jumping on the record. Having the young generation at his beck and call, it was a blessing for me and what I’m trying to do.

You’re in Tyler Perry’s movie The Marriage Counselor. What was that experience like?

That was an incredible experience. Tyler Perry is an amazing person. And to pick me for this role, it was a great opportunity. I’m one of the leads, not the marriage counselor. It’s Jurnee Smollett‘s movie. It’s also with Vanessa Williams, Lance Gross, Kim Kardashian. I have most of my scenes with Lance Gross. I had one scene with Jurnee and the rest with Lance. I wish I could have worked with everyone.

You have so much going on. How are you balancing music, acting and being a mom?

I think I’m in a great place. The balance is definitely a challenge because I’m doing so much right now and I have so many responsibilities, watching my daughter grow, being a good friend, a good daughter, a good girlfriend and all these things. But it’s great to have a personal life and have a business life that you’re also proud of. When I didn’t have a lot going on I felt unfulfilled, even though I felt fulfilled in my personal life. I needed that other side, too, to be creative. So the balance worked itself out. I’m in a great place. I really am.

56398e76be6355ad5999b262208a17c9 Brandy Drops News On Diva, Chris Brown Collabosvideo platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

(source)

• June 22, 2012 at 8:32 pm
    Benron says:

Ok that Grammy award buying, lip synching, bottle dodging, woman abusing child needs to go to jail and DROP THE DAMN SOAP!

Breeana Replied:

lol… SOMEONE believes EVERYTHING they hear in tabloids… My family and her family are VERY close…. so that’s slightly offensive. She’s very sweet.

DeL_Cappella Replied:

he was talking about Chris…but it was still wrong

ABCD Replied:

Well if thats your friend you need to tell her to hurry release the video before the song loses its STEAM and then a good song is WASTED……

ABCD Replied:

And this song does NOT need to be wasted because it is the FIRST RECORDING many have heard Chris on… and that will CATCH MANY PEOPLE’s EARs..

mobwife Replied:

Your a fool! Again non-thinker, NO ONE CAN BUY A GRAMMY! A 60 person committee along with EVERY RECORDING ARTISTS that ever won a Grammy Award has a vote!

So you are angry becuase Chris Brown, Tony Parker and a gang of WOMEN were attacked with bottles and glasses and fought the table of MEN who attacked them? How sick are you yet you drown on about 1 fight h had 3 year sago with Rihanna? LOL so it’s okay for many women to be abused by Drake, Meek Mill and their crew but it’s wrong for Chris to hit rihanna back.! LOL you fool…

LOL poor, delusional, fools online! What a sad, sick and sorry lot they can be! :-(

• June 22, 2012 at 8:36 pm
    christinastherealtalent says:

Yawn!!!!!

Brandy just release the damn video already. You can only go so far with verbally promoting the damn song before its enough and girlfriend you’re pushing the envelop on that aspect. Stfu and release your music. You say the same damn thing Everytime somebody asks u about the video. I swear RCA does not know how to properly promote their artists.

Same thing happened to Christinas nmt when it was released in April 2010 but wasn’t released to itunes for another month following the video and by that time it had lost its steam.

• June 22, 2012 at 8:42 pm
    monstarebel says:

Stfu brandy!! and just release the video already you f***** flop!

bitchpleaseeeeeeeeeeeee Replied:

NO YOU SHOULD GTFU WITH YOUR IGNORANT COMMENT..SMH

DeL_Cappella Replied:

Brandy is not a flop..her worst sell as Human and it still came in at #5 on the charts…everything else has been platinum and gold baby!!! no flop yo ass on with with the negativity

• June 22, 2012 at 9:27 pm
    Nick says:

I love her!!!!

bitchpleaseeeeeeeeeeeee Replied:

I LOVE HER DEARLY TOO :) :) :)

Lax Replied:

She’s a great Talent and she can act too.

• June 22, 2012 at 9:39 pm
    Darianna Jones says:

Why all the hostility? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywho I’m looking forward to the new album, video or no video.

[...] News On ‘Diva’, Chris Brown Collabos That Grape Juice Sat, June 23, 2012 1:27 AM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

• June 22, 2012 at 10:40 pm
    DeL_Cappella says:

BRANDY FANS! To help her get air play -> Visit http://s7.zetaboards.com/Brandy_Source/topic/8684621/1/ to find your local station & request #PutItDown! #TeamBrandy

• June 23, 2012 at 2:24 am
    Damani Mckie says:

I hate how everybody is suddenly a flop. Brandy, Kelly, Ciara, beyonce (4 era). You always calling somebody a flop. When their bank account is bigger than yours. Smhhhh

• June 23, 2012 at 4:32 am
    Tran says:

Brandy the vocal bible… Enough saiid! Hive us life Bran. I’ve been waiting too long on your s*** dammit!!!!!!

• June 23, 2012 at 9:51 am
    NikkiIsChillin says:

I love all the moves that Brandy is making, but she is taking to long to get it together with her music. I’m really pulling for her, but I’m starting to lose my interest.

• June 23, 2012 at 10:07 am
    PrettigurlrockD says:

I hope she’s not this stupid to let a good song go to waste. Where is the promotion? If this were beyonce she’d be performing everywhere to rack them sales high. Y is brandy being so non Chalant? Get it together bish! This is NOT the business!

• June 23, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    mobwife says:

People are so f*cking hateful! Brandy is back after a long hiatus and is doing her thing in both acting and music! If you don’t have anything positive to add, why must you type a bullsh** hating a$$ comment? We go it, you don’t like Brandy & you don;t like Chris brown….YAWN b*tches what’s new? ……ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• June 23, 2012 at 5:41 pm
    braid boss says:

CUSTOM-MADE & HAND-MADE HAIR EXTENSIONS FOR SALE!!