Report: Adele & Leona Lewis To Duet For Olympic Opening Ceremony

shares
adele leona Report: Adele & Leona Lewis To Duet For Olympic Opening Ceremony

This summer, London will host the 2012 Olympic Games which will kick off on the 27th of July and end on August 12th.

Now, if for any strange reason you decided not to tune into its opening ceremony, today brought a report which may make avoiding the event a little difficult to ignore.

Adele Adkins and Leona Lewis have been named at the show’s only opening acts. Opening acts, who will duet in honor of the ceremony.

Press release below…

Adele and Leona Lewis are two of the most recognised living female artists in the world of music today.

All there records are sold on the basis of one Key Element their voice. They have already represented the United Kingdom throughout the globe with their respective hit singles and albums, along with their touring abilities.

It is the Olympic Committee’s duty to bring the best live performances for the opening show, and these two incredibly gifted and talented individuals will bring an essence of class and serenity to the show.

They are both from working class backgrounds and have worked their way up in the industry. Opening the ceremony will be a huge honour for both. Both singers will sing two select songs each, and will come together to sing a duet, which will become an official Olympic anthem.

We as a nation should be incredibly proud of these two artists.

James Macleod Head of the Olympic Committee.

Keep it locked on That Grape Juice for more on this developing story.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (81)

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• rita ora

rita ora (60)

• Tyler

Tyler (58)

1. June 9, 2012 at 3:20 pm
    Łukasz says:

I preffer Leona and Alexandra Burke.
    Don’t get me wrong… I just don’t like Adele, but i love Alexandra!
    So… Alex and Leona! :))

2. Vote

[…] Lewis To Duet For Olympic Opening Ceremony That Grape Juice Sat, June 9, 2012 8:08 PM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); […]

3. June 9, 2012 at 3:24 pm
    LeonasLabrinth says:

this is why i love this site.
    How did you get this up so quick. they JUST announced it.

• June 9, 2012 at 3:27 pm
      MusicIsLife says:

I told them on my @BosPeeps account not my personal one (which is below)

Twitter: @BleedingLvBunny

• June 10, 2012 at 1:19 am
      Jo Cool says:

We don’t even know if it is true yet.

4. June 9, 2012 at 3:31 pm
    TIMMI says:

If this happens it will make my life.

Leona and Adele are two of the greatest female voices to ever come out of the UK, period.

• June 9, 2012 at 3:42 pm
      Stephen says:

Yeah, especially Leona. She has more general range and beauty of tone. Adele has an older, mature sounding tone

5. June 9, 2012 at 3:38 pm
    Ugh says:

Good look for Leona

6. June 9, 2012 at 3:40 pm
    I Want New Music! says:

Must be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. June 9, 2012 at 4:22 pm
    Wesley says:

What about JOSS STONE?

She was the FIRST british female singer to achieve worldwide recognition as an exceptional vocalist in the last 10 years.

After Amy’s death, she was crowned as the one who brought the black/soul/blues/jazzy music back. She was not the only one! Months after the release of ‘Frank’, ‘The Soul Sessions’ arrived at shelves and took the USA and the WORLD by storm. From then on, it became way easier for singers from UK to showcase their black/soul musical roots in america (put Amy Winehouse and Adele in Joss Stone’s followers list, ’cause they are).

Joss is a natural performar, incredible vocalist and definitely deserves to sing at the 2012 Olympic Games opening ceremony. She certainly doesn’t really care about it, but I think that her talent will be missing at the opening show.

She performes around the whole planet in front of thousands of people in festivals and her own shows; has bravely choosen to leave big labels behind (and their politics) to fulfill her creative and freedom needs. She fought for it and could be justly rewarded in front of the people who shamefully blacklisted her for talking with an american accent (that doesn’t sound like that at all to american folks).

Adele and Leona are great, but Joss… she’s special and had to be there.

• June 9, 2012 at 4:33 pm
      yo says:

Is that you Joss ?

• June 9, 2012 at 6:26 pm
      soulmusiclover says:

yeah i know! joss stone has one of the most amazing voices ever!! truly underrated! but she definitely paved the way for artists like adele, amy winehouse :white girls with black voices!! britain definitely has a lot of great artists

8. June 9, 2012 at 4:32 pm
    Shuh says:

Is this actually confirmed though? They’ve just been talking about it over on Digitalspy so unless TGJ has snatched it from over there I’m not sure. But damn if this is true this will be so damn epic! Leona Lewis & Adele, two huge voices from the UK. Leona really needs this to get herself back into the public eye after being quiet so long. We all know Leona has the talent, she just needs the world to get back into her music

9. June 9, 2012 at 4:40 pm
    Michael Winn says:

If this is true it’s going to be pretty EPIC!

Adele was quite an obvious choice, due to her success.
    Although Leona Lewis isn’t as big worldwide she deserves it where talent is concerned, she has a world class singing voice.

Some people need to calm down, it’s only the Opening Ceremony. I’m sure they will have a larger selection of artists in the Closing Ceremony!

10. June 9, 2012 at 4:46 pm
    SHUH says:

Unfortunely guys this is apparently fake :( It’s all b*******.

11. June 9, 2012 at 4:49 pm
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

I can´t see these two joining for an Olympic anthem at the moment. Meaning I don´t know how they are going to sound together and all that. It´s going to be interesting. Can´t wait
    Don´t think they can top Whitney, Celine and Gloria´s respective anthems. Leona already tried to do a “My heart will go on” with that Avatar song and it failed big time. They don´t do them like that anymore…

• June 9, 2012 at 5:56 pm
      Virtuoso Intellect says:

Oh pls shut up so sick u sick of ur undermining bulshit. U deserve to be stuck in time since you’ve decided to stunt acceptance in ur brain. All u come ere to do is whine about modern artists like u possess an ounce of their talent. U never been up there doin it. U r not Mariah, Whitney or any of the other names u wily nily drop to substantiate ur dedundant points. If u want to bask in the music of yesteryears there has to be an online community set for that. Hell try a Whitney fansite, your negativity is unwarranted & unsolicited

-signed proud fan of 00s artists !

• June 10, 2012 at 5:45 am
        JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Look whose talking. A person who lives inside Beyonce´s p**** :) This is too funny. If you have any doubts I love Adele and she slayed the game, including Beyonce, in a single year. So did Gaga. See? I love many of nowadays artists. not the basic ones though. Sorry. I can´t stan for Beyonce or Rihanna if that´s what you mean by prefering some music of yesteryears.

– signed proud fan of good music!

• June 10, 2012 at 9:04 am
      Virtuoso Intellect says:

I dont need u to stan for Beyonce. Shes come thus far without ur support. Anyways u dont know anything about her artistry. Ur ignorance is too obvious or maybe u just jelly she’s an all-round entertainer unlike ur favs. I dont care for Rihanna but even she’s massively successful so shes not worried about ur standom.

And John i dont live in Bey’s v***** im just a fan and shes my fav artist. Is that too hard to grasp?

Have a nice day

• June 10, 2012 at 9:14 am
        JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Oh yeah her artistry LOL
        Have a nice day you too. I´ll listen to creative artists for you, right now Florence+the machine

12. June 9, 2012 at 6:02 pm
    Virtuoso Intellect says:

On a more positive note: Congrats to both Leona & Adele. They’re one of the bests Britain has to offer today. After what Adele’s accomplished this era, it’s only fitting. I hope they smash it. Im sure they will anyway neither of them have disappointed me on a live platform b4. I thought Leona’s labyrinth tour would be a borefest … I couldnt have been more wrong. Cant wait to hear “the anthem”

SN: i thought it would feature British acts cut across various demographics & genres. Maybe they’re saved for the finale

13. June 9, 2012 at 9:09 pm
    mr.m says:

Leona will kill Adele ‘vocally’
    JUST SAYIN’
    Adele is overrated .. there are many singers that is better than her ..
    #FACT

• June 9, 2012 at 9:17 pm
      JER says:

chile please nobody wants to hear Leona Lewis inaudible non enunciating ass caterwauling away on international television still trying to serve wannabe Mariah Carey 1990 realness. PUHLEASE

• June 9, 2012 at 10:00 pm
        Ugh says:

I CAN’T

14. June 9, 2012 at 9:15 pm
    JER says:

ummmmm i’m sure just Adele can handle this one.

15. June 9, 2012 at 10:18 pm
    John says:

I think people must be proud to have (for me) the two best vocalists from the UK for a very long time and more over they have 2 different vocal styles which may tune up.

U have the right not to like Adele or Leona but u can’t deny they are amazing vocalists and I think it’s a good opportunity to show real talent coming from the UK to the world.

16. June 9, 2012 at 10:40 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA says:

Adele needs to put down them cigarettes cause I was in SHOCK when I found out she was in her 20’s!!

17. June 10, 2012 at 1:18 am
    Jo Cool says:

Until it is confirmed by a legitimate media source or one of them tweets it (which neither of them has yet), I won’t believe it. Hope it does turn out to be true.

18. June 10, 2012 at 2:45 am
    im not throwing shade, but... says:

Sorry, no! Their voices wouldn’t blend and it would be a mess.

19. June 10, 2012 at 7:08 am
    Geezy says:

I am not so sure about this duet but stranger things have happened. Only time will tell.

20. Vote

[…] This seems to come straight from James Macleod, head of the Olympic Committee, but for the time being, it’s still being treated as a rumor. […]

21. June 20, 2012 at 5:19 pm
    J page says:

Adele may be working class but LEona patents are reported to have paid for her to attend a private singing school… Many working class parents couldn’t help their children in that way..

I can’t see their voices blending… adele could write something special for olympics ..the way she did for 21.

Both have very distinctive voices… World class stars…

Well I hope we will have a ceremony we can be proud of … I can’t imagine us matching the pzazz of americans or the synchronised organisation of the chinese