Channel Orange : Frank Ocean Soars On UK Albums Chart | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? Advertisement

Channel Orange : Frank Ocean Soars On UK Albums Chart

frank o2 Channel Orange : Frank Ocean Soars On UK Albums Chart

As showcased with Drake and Adele’s respective recent LP , performers who front material-centered album campaigns can always expect to reap the rewards commercially.

Now, it is Frank Ocean‘s turn to experience enjoy the aforementioned rewards. For, as a result of Adult Contemporary sound and the success of his 2011 mix tape ‘Nostalgia’, his debut album ‘Channel Orange’ has soared on the UK Album chart.

Details below…

By way of digital sales, Ocean’s debut album has debuted at #2 on the country’s album tally, losing out on the top spot to Newton Faulkner‘s ‘Write It On Your Skin‘.

This, extending the project’s lead as one of the highest selling of the year- despite the fact it is yet to be released to physical outlets.

Quite interestingly, none of the album’s singles were able to chart on the single’s tally, with fans opting to purchase the entire LP over individual singles.

His UK success comes as Chris Brown’s ‘Fortune’ drops four spots to #5 after debuting at #1 last week, and Def Jam sister Rihanna watches her latest LP ‘Talk That Talk‘ slip 5 spots to #12, both of whom have the benefit of a single in the Top Twenty.

• July 15, 2012 at 1:14 pm
    Beyonce Stan says:

Congrats to him

• July 15, 2012 at 1:17 pm
    acem says:

*** blank stare ***

More Frank Ocean drivel.
    Tell me, Sam…since you’re obsessed…what did he have for breakfast this morning?

SBC19 Replied:

Probably a banana…

f*** Your Swag, I'm Dope. Replied:

Probably a whole one. I hear Ms. Frank doesn’t have much of a gag reflex.

Peter Griffin Replied:

You ‘Phobes crack me up!

Wise Old Owl Replied:

Frank Ocean is the flavor of the moment. Everyone will report on his CD and herald his sells as a success now that he’s the “savior of R&B”. zzzzzzz

• July 15, 2012 at 1:22 pm
    Cory says:

Only cos he was gay. No One in England knep WHO is was. Nerver had à Song in The charts til he came out

carol Replied:

Only cos he’s gay is right. Don’t have nothing against gays but you people have to open your eyes because if an artist don’t say that they are gay they will not sell their albums. May it be male or female. The gays are in control now and soon you are going to see a lot more gays coming out the closet.

Soon if not already the gays will be running the music industry. I’m straight but I don’t have to prove that to anyone. It really get to me that when a gay person comes out the closet it’s such a big deal. If you people would have open your eyes to see that Frank could have told that he was gay way after his CD drop. This was all planned. Now you and this site can’t stop talking about Frank when before no one really knew who he was.

I would go to his concerts to see a man singing his song to another man. I can’t relate to his songs not because he’s gay but because usually when males are singing songs we as woman feel like he singing to us.

Sam is in his glory about Frank coming out the closet the every three or fourth post is about Frank.

carol Replied:

correction I would not to to his concerts^^^^^

carol Replied:

go

jimmyk Replied:

@Carol

the gays are going to take over the industry LMAO

Wise Old Owl Replied:

I don’t really care if a person is straight or gay. I’m just not that interested in Frank’s music. I heard a few songs from his new CD and like maybe 2. I don’t see how he can “save” R&B when his music is no more R&B then Usher’s? People stay complaining about the new Usher.

Nacole Replied:

Not true because I saw where Frank performed in London and has given interviews to BBC,sooooooo yeah!

• July 15, 2012 at 1:24 pm
    Cory says:

• July 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    John92 says:

i didn’t know he was so famous already, good for him

• July 15, 2012 at 1:48 pm
    monstarebel says:

its sad that yall werent posting this much about him until he came out now yall all on his nuts TGJ!!

carol Replied:

When Chris Brown gave Frank Ocean a compliment on twitter, Frank took it in another direction. Did you see Frank get a lot of posts. No because he was a nobody with just one song out Novacane. Funny at my job they bump 3 people and hired a gay male Nice though he became the top manager and hired 3 more gays one female 2 males. This is not a bad thing because the gays came so far that now they can have same s** marriages.

Wise Old Owl Replied:

That Chris Brown thing turned me off him a bit. How you gonna take a compliment and turn it into somehting that ugly? I don’t know if he did it for free publicity but damn. He’s gettting over now just b/c he’s sexin men and women. His stuffs not that good to me.

• July 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    What Would Rita Do says:

FLOP! Uses the gays, gets tons of promo and still can’t land a number 1 album. Wait till the true King of Pop releases her album this year. The UK love her already. Musically she is so much better than Francine. Beyonce who? Goatanna who? Trannydonna who? Blessed Be

TARBABY RANGER Replied:

girl sit. Who is this Rita mutt?

Nacole Replied:

So,you really believe that only gay people are buying Frank’s music?………….Okay keep believing that!

• July 15, 2012 at 2:05 pm
    -_- says:

I love Feank ocean but I gotta be honest, the album disappointed me a lot, found it kinda bland and boring apart from maybe 4 songs. His mixtape in my opinion is far better. Still repect him immensely as an artist though.

As for that Rihanna shade, its a bit pointless, no? How long ago was the album released and its still in the top 20? Give it a rest Sammy boy.

jimmyk Replied:

download the cd leak and I’m so happy I did not waste my money. They are 3 songs I like and the rest is for an much older crowd. VERY BORING. People who don’t like Trey,Chris,Ne-yo & Usher would say this guy is great just because they hate either one, two or all of them. I don’t know if you remember the guy who used to sing and play the piano? Well I can’t spell his name it starts with a L. well he said that he had all the old white hair ladies who paid good money to see him and he vowed to never tell his sexuality. But when he died then the drama came out when his lover said he was infected by him

Follow me @gdboyratedloud Replied:

No. The album is boring to yall. The album is receiving universal acclaim not because he’s gay, because its f****** great. If it had more uptempos, you’d love it because modern randb and pop has spoiled yew.

Bye

• July 15, 2012 at 2:08 pm
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Wow so he is doing so good in the UK too. Good for him. People don´t realize this is big achievement being a new act without hit singles, and not very pop either

RICHANDBLACK11(JUST LIKE BEY) Replied:

John if you haven’t got the album, go get it

• July 15, 2012 at 4:13 pm
    TheFame says:

Congrats to Frank! Great CD it’s funny how no one can just be happy for anyone who accomplish something in there careers big or small. Just say congrats! Lol

• July 15, 2012 at 5:50 pm
    Daz says:

Its great that people purchased the album! Its a good cd so congrates to him! If people didnt know him before they do now!

• July 15, 2012 at 5:58 pm
    the real xoxo says:

well done to him. good CD. yes it was a publicity stunt, dont act as if most of your faves have never done anything for publicity.

• July 15, 2012 at 8:38 pm
    RICHANDBLACK11(JUST LIKE BEY) says:

Pimping in my convos
    Bubbles in my champagne
    Let it be some jazz playing
    Top floor motel suite twisting my cigars
    Floor model TV with the VCR
    Got rubies in my damn chain
    Whip ain’t got no gas tank
    But it still got woodgrain
    Got your girl working for me
    Hit the strip and my bills paid
    That keep my bills paid
    Hit the strip and my bills paid
    Keep a n**** bills paid

• July 15, 2012 at 9:48 pm
    BEYONCE'S WEAVE says:

Oh s***, Fistopher Brown’s chain has been snatched by Frank Ocean, this is like music to my ears. Now Fistopher can disappear from the music scene with his generic crap album “unfortunate”, go Frank Ocean and slay, snatch those chains.

Wise Old Owl Replied:

How has Frank Ocean snatched anything from anyone with his #2 selling CD after claimin to be gay? Chris Brown’s Fortune is top notch. I don’t have to skip a song on his CD. I had to stretch to like two on Channel Orange. Frank’s in the door with his gay publicity stunt so I say good for him. But let’s not get crazy. A gay man will never replace a straight one, well not for straight women anyway!