ChrisBrown_X_DeluxeEdition_outnow_728x90

Life Is Good : Nas Scores First UK Top Ten

Life Is Good : Nas Scores First UK Top Ten

With four US #1 albums to his name, it is a little known fact Nas was yet to enjoy similar successes overseas in the UK.

Well, that was until now.

For, in what marks a monumental moment in the icon’s career, today saw him land his first UK Top Ten album.

Groundbreaking details below…

Coming in at #8, ‘Life Is Good’ is now the only album by the MC to peak as highly in the tally, surpassing feats scored by ‘Untitled Album’ (#23) and the explosive ‘Hip Hop Is Dead’ (#68).

Coming in at #2 on the UK R&B chart, the LP is now the highest charting Rap release of the week, sitting five spots below Frank Ocean‘s ‘Channel Orange’ but 17 places above ‘Watch The Throne’ which holds court at an impressive #25,  50 weeks after its initial release.

• July 22, 2012 at 1:46 pm
    jamilaa says:

love me some NAS!

• July 22, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    YesIDIDBITCH says:

Good for him, now he can get his daughter out the hood, and pay child support….ugh

LIG Replied:

You haters say the most.

YESIDIDBITCH Replied:

And you d*** riders suck the most….rest b****

• July 22, 2012 at 2:04 pm
    MC says:

wow congratulations Nas

• July 22, 2012 at 2:08 pm
    Girrrl says:

A) Nas has 5 number 1 albums and on Tuesday it will be 6.

This is the first Nas album I purchased and I really like it. I think that it will get nominated for best Rap Album at the Grammys but may lose to Drake’s Take Care.

SisterB Replied:

I so tired of hearing Drake winie voice . Thank God Nas came out with this CD. People go purchase the CD best rap I heard in a long time

kc36 Replied:

True statement cause I am getting tired of drake’s album myself. I am so happy for nas. I have all his albums and this one is shows where he is in his life right now. Congrats nas!!

• July 22, 2012 at 2:16 pm
    Sweetnothings78 says:

It’s all about ‘reach out’ ft Mary j on this album, Total classic song

• July 22, 2012 at 2:19 pm
    James227 says:

People saying they love Nas but did you purchase the album. I download it from itunes & I really love it. Great Job Nas!

• July 22, 2012 at 2:24 pm
    Lax says:

Great talent, super artist!

• July 22, 2012 at 2:28 pm
    Lax says:

It amazes me how there is always a double standard for the men
    and the women in Music. Case in Point Jay has over twelve albums
    out and eminem has like seven and em has out sold jay with less
    albums and it’s never bought up and there’s never a word uttered,
    yet the chicks or compared all the way to a tee!

• July 22, 2012 at 3:33 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

Thanks for posting. :cool:

I’m so glad Nas got a Top 10 album in the UK and his album seems to be doing well internationally too. The power of the internet, I guess. No hit singles, no major promotion and he nailed it. I hope he gets a Grammy for the album. It’s well deserved. And the Grammy’s have never supported him as much as he deserves.

• July 22, 2012 at 4:39 pm
    WHYBhi5 says:

U got that right, icon indeed. Nas is the realest real hiphop king. @Girrrl, COSIGN. Congrats king Nas.

• July 22, 2012 at 6:01 pm
    SBC19 says:

Nas beat Frank! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• July 22, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    the real xoxo says:

this is the best hip hop album of the 10s decade so far. if this doesnt win any grammys then i will lose hope.

• July 22, 2012 at 6:07 pm
    truth tea says:

i honestly enjoyed this album more than channel orange even though they are different genres.
    and people comparing this to drakes shite CD? please. this is a modern day classic, better than any rap cd ive heard in a while.

• July 22, 2012 at 8:27 pm
    Julian says:

Afrocentric Asian half man half amazing. Nas presents as a man of integrity and was never born to follow. Respect