She’s Back: Mariah Carey Announces New Single ‘Triumphant’

mariah carey triumphant Shes Back: Mariah Carey Announces New Single Triumphant

After teasing fans with a Summer return, Mariah Carey has held true to her word by announcing her comeback single ‘Triumphant’. And this time, she’s enlisted some help.

Details after the jump…

Writing on Twitter moments ago, Mimi wrote:

“So I can finally announce to you that my new single is coming out early August! It’s called TRIUMPHANT (Get ‘Em) ft. Rick Ross & Meek Mill.

I wrote TRIUMPHANT when I was going through a difficult time & it helped me get through it. When u hear it, pay attention 2 the lyrics#WIN

**********

Yes! Here’s hoping Mimi serves up hot fire with this one, as her relevance to today’s charts (and audience) ultimately hangs on the success of this single. Still, as history has shown, the diva has the uncanny ability to deliver when the odds are stacked at their highest.

• July 21, 2012 at 11:13 am
    EnormousHeart87 says:

Yasssssss I’m ready for this!!

• July 21, 2012 at 11:13 am
    Ugh says:

That pic is photoshopped for the GAWDS b****! lol Nice title but UGH i hate Rick Ross and Meek Mill.

Ice Replied:

At first I thought you said “nice titties”, lol.

Todd Replied:

its OLD!

• July 21, 2012 at 11:20 am
    Siberian Prince says:

Yeesssssssss b****!!! The REAL King B b****! Im so excited cuz im sooooo tired of Rhianna talentless ass. Yes i said it, talentless. Mariah give us some real music!

beyonce Manager Replied:

please i love her but beyonce will i always be the the KING B

@TheIndiigo Replied:

Beyonce could never be a King. That stuff is dumb.

It’s all about Mariah, because we know there would be know Beyonce without her.

RICHANDBLACK11(JUST LIKE BEY) Replied:

No shade Mariah was cute in the 90′s and that comeback cd in the early 2000′s…..No shade Mariah just don’t do if for me anymore BEYONCE will always be KING BEYONCE, and in that ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

@TheIndiigo Replied:

No, dear. Mariah was never ‘cute’. She IS epic, dating back to her debut in 1990. Don’t disrespect the vocal legend by comparing her to Beyonce. Mariah is a REAL songwriter, REAL producer, REAL everything. You’re doing yourself a disservice and setting yourself up for failure already.

#TRIUMPHANT

China Replied:

b**** you are sad. The closest Bey will ever be to a King was if she had been in the “King’s Speech” with her illiterate ass. Mariah has sold more albums, had more #1 singles, and more influence than BeyInspired ever will. Now bow peasant ass the Real King slays Bey’s flammable box cutter wig. Beyonce couldn’t even be a court jester in Mariah’s Kingdom!

Noel Replied:

How can Mariah be KING B, though? Wouldn’t it be King M….just saying. lol.

China Replied:

KING b****, LIKE LIL KIM QUEEN B(b****)

• July 21, 2012 at 11:25 am
    Angelica says:

It should just feature Rick , take Meek off

XoMoDe Replied:

Hell, take Mariah off too…

• July 21, 2012 at 11:27 am
    @TheIndiigo says:

THE QUEEN WILL SLAY.
    SHE WILL MURK EVERY b**** IN THE GAME. MEEK MILL AND RICK ROSS ARE JUST A LITTLE EXTRA INSURANCE FOR THE SONG TO BE A HIT.

THIS ERA WILL BE EPIC. AMEN!

ALL HAIL QUEEN GODRIAH!

• July 21, 2012 at 11:29 am
    BeyhiveYourself says:

Oh Mimi girl don’t bother putting out this tired single. I can no longer bear your stiff dance moves, tired finger wagging and pre recorded whistle notes which you haven’t been able to hit since your tits stood upright.

the only way this song will win is if its as catchy as the venereal disease you almost gave Eminem when he was tappin that cardboard ass of yours.

@TheIndiigo Replied:

GORL please. Beyonce’s wearing braids and parading a child she never carried around New York City. Your opinion is invalid. I’m only here for real singer-songwriters with legacy. Mariah has nothing to prove to you fools anymore. She could have stopped at ‘SLAYDREAM’ but she’s doing it for the fans.

STAY PRESSED, ROACH.

Britt Replied:

Do you have proof that Beyonce didn’t carry her child? I’ll wait……….. It has become so boring to see people still bring that up, come with something new next time.

Todd Replied:

how dare you write such s*** about MY queen?

beyonce Manager Replied:

b**** don’t compare beyonce and mariah carey cause they both are queens. Dumb ass you making us #BeyHive look bad by disrespecting Mariah

• July 21, 2012 at 11:29 am
    nando says:

Wohooooooo…im not worried about meek mill being on it..every mimi track makes irelevant artist be relevant! I bet after we hear the single it will be firrreee!!

• July 21, 2012 at 11:32 am
    16GrammysAndABabyToMatch says:

it makes me laugh when people thank for Mariah for putting rappers on her music when it was she who benefited from the street cred they gave her in the 90S after she embraced the urban scene.

• July 21, 2012 at 11:32 am
    Owen says:

I’m not even a BIG mariah fan, but I’m so ready for this. I’m more anticipated for her new album than my actual favorites gaga, kesha, & rihanna.

I just have a feeling that mariah is gonna slay.

• July 21, 2012 at 11:35 am
    JJFan1814 says:

If it’s not catchy she doesnt stand a chance…….

I can’t wait to hear though.

@TheIndiigo Replied:

Of course, it’s catchy. It’s Mariah. Everything she does is catchy. She’s a pop mastermind. Even her worst song ‘Loverboy’ was a slay. C’mon, you should know this.

Todd Replied:

Preach! loverboy >>>>>> all of rihannas trashy dance beats!

• July 21, 2012 at 11:36 am
    TIMMI says:

YASSSS! Mimi is going to SLAY.

SGSHW!

• July 21, 2012 at 11:42 am
    MicroPop says:

Song with two rappers??? So 2005, so Emancipation of Mimi era. This won’t work in 2012. Sorry Mimi. I expected something new and something big from you. :( But I hold the final judgement until the song, just these are bad news :(

@TheIndiigo Replied:

Hush. Prepare to have your nerves plucked by the queen.

• July 21, 2012 at 11:43 am
    Casual says:

Sounds like a mistake. Mariah Carey is a huge pop icon. Meek Mill and Rick Ross will practically ban this single from pop radio.

Maybe there is a two-single strategy with Triumphant being released for r&b radio.

Jayla Replied:

Mariah is NOT POP lmao

@TheIndiigo Replied:

Mariah is the pop blueprint. Stay pressed.

Jayla Replied:

Mariah is the R&B queen, have a seat, Madonna is pop

• July 21, 2012 at 11:44 am
    GURL says:

Yes, Mimi-Dahhling making her grand entrance return! I’m so happy to finally hear this news for the new era! ATLITL have been REJOICED today! Godriah will Slay! :-)

• July 21, 2012 at 11:50 am
    beyonce Manager says:

Beyonce and mariah carey for a song together will be believable

@TheIndiigo Replied:

She doesn’t need Beyonce for a track. Beyonce doesn’t need Mariah. Two separate lanes, two different artists.

beyonce Manager Replied:

i just saying they both are great singers so i want to hear them together

ThéLourson Replied:

Talk about oil and water together…

NewF*YorkBabe. Replied:

I think it would so work!
    But i’ve always wanted her to do something with Christina A. (I can’t explain why, but i’d love to see what their voices would sound like … not very many singers have big voices anymore ya know?)

• July 21, 2012 at 11:51 am
    Slap-a-h** says:

YASS My Body Is Ready!!

• July 21, 2012 at 11:56 am
    @TheIndiigo says:

Mariah’s doing real music. Classic Mariah. Completely different that what everyone else is doing right now. She doesn’t need a dance beat with David Guetta to be relevant. When you have a legacy of being a QUEEN for over 20 years, you’re always relevant.

• July 21, 2012 at 12:17 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

You can dislike my comment if you want to, but I lost a lot of my respect for her when I read the names Rick Ross and Meek Mill. Couldn’t she at least pick some decent rappers? She’s above this and she should have known better.

Ugh Replied:

Sweetie she worked with Gucci Mane

Jayla Replied:

& Young Jeezy

• July 21, 2012 at 12:19 pm
    Todd says:

Yasss Mimi! Bring it on!

• July 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm
    Tru Voice says:

I hope this works out! I wanted a solo track. Give me a banger, “It’s like that” pt.2 for 2012 or an updated WBT or something.

And that pic is BEAUTIFUL but HIGHLY altered. They pulled out her 1993 body for that one lol

• July 21, 2012 at 12:27 pm
    MC says:

Hope it’s good

@TheIndiigo Replied:

It’s Mariah, of course it’s good.

• July 21, 2012 at 12:30 pm
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

WHAT???????? omg I can´t breath ahhahaha Mariah girl you got me excited only by the title
    What a nice surprise after spending the whole day at the beach. Yes Mariah long live the few true greats left and long live the summer! :)

• July 21, 2012 at 12:31 pm
    NewF*YorkBabe. says:

F*CK YEAH!!!!!!!!
    Been waiting for Real Music & thoughtful lyrics since ’09!
    Can’t wait to hear the new sound!!! I think she’ll take it old school like Donna Summer old school! Her voice seems like it’s literally in the best condition it’s ever been … early ’90′s she wasn’t using her voice they was she wanted, Emancipation showed us what she’s really capable of, but this record will have the quality of her 90′s vocal, but done her way. The women is a bloody artist – she knows what she’s doing and always keeps it fresh especially when people start counting her out. Haters she’s about to rock your little world. The sound of Mariah’s voice alone is a F*ckin’ trip, almost super natural.

YASSSSS!
    SALUTE YOUR QUEEN!

• July 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm
    Fixurface says:

Yasss, the REAL king is back, no argument! U just can’t argue with THAT! No oversinging, no showing off in excess. In fact nothing in excess with MiMi or trying too hard. MiMi is absolute perfection PERIOD. Welcome back baby.

• July 21, 2012 at 12:39 pm
    China says:

SLAY FOR TH GAWDS:

YASSSSSSSSSS!

• July 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm
    ThatGrapefruitJuice says:

Her royal majesty is making her way back to us her faves. The greatest queen in music alive today is right around the corner with new music. Can’t wait, August couldn’t come soon enough. She brings new music and I love the thought of that . . . but with Ricky and Meeky?

• July 21, 2012 at 12:44 pm
    MC the place to be! says:

Yay!!! My fave is back!! Y’all better watch out mariahs known for her comebacks that’s what a true queen does!! And to the haters watch this gonna be her 19th # 1 and y’all jump on the bandwagon doesn’t matter she’s going to pretty much slay and even though I think American idol is a bad move for her it might be good 4 her promotion wise some ppl need to get a reality check its mariah Carey ppl!! The only big singer we have after Whitney!!!

• July 21, 2012 at 12:51 pm
    maz says:

omg omg omg omg i can’t wait for this!!!!

• July 21, 2012 at 1:09 pm
    XoMoDe says:

I can’t wait to NOT buy it! LMAO!

@TheIndiigo Replied:

You don’t have the dollar to buy it anyway. Who are you fooling, lessor?!

• July 21, 2012 at 1:18 pm
    Mama Sucker says:

I’d like to say I’m excited, but after the horrors of “it’s like that” and the decidedly worse “touch my body” along with the cringe worthy video I’ll hold my breath till the album.

• July 21, 2012 at 1:32 pm
    Ej says:

*YAWNZ*
    She’s so “1995″.
    Let her take her old ass shtick on somewhere.

@TheIndiigo Replied:

Go raise your FICO score before your ever disrespect the queen. What is your fave doing?

• July 21, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    Jay Jay says:

So ready for this album!!!

and I would rather have Rick Ross & meek mill than lil wayne

• July 21, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    JoArmy says:

Who is ready for floppiphant?!!!! I am…just joking but she could of kept rick and thats it…..Hope this song is catchy. :)

@TheIndiigo Replied:

Yet, JoJo put out four songs and still can’t get a release date. Stay seated, roach.

JoArmy Replied:

Little one I said i was joking…………Ugh stupid much

• July 21, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    Nichole says:

Man. Mariah has to come very hard with this new single, or else her career might be doomed. I don’t want to hear anymore corny tunes such as TMB, and obsessed. She needs to come very hard with this album, and its material cus people don’t seem to be checking for her these days.

Mariah needs to start taking her musical career more seriously. Make a great mainstream album that would just knock the general public out.

MC is 42, married and has two kids. It’s time to grow up some music wise.

theman Replied:

She makes great music altogether, fun tunes aren’t corny. Folks are always checking for her. What are u on…

• July 21, 2012 at 2:03 pm
    KANG-YONCÉ!!! says:

THIS MESS WILL FLOP !
    =============================================================
    Mariah Carey, Ciara, Ashanti, J.Lo and others are HAS BEEN NOW !

When Beyoncé still revelant after +15 years. SASHA FIERCE WILL DESTROY HER ASS AGAIN….

KANG-YONCÉ

MovieAmi Replied:

I don’t believe for 2 seconds that you’re actually a Beyonce fan. I bet you’re actually a Beyonce hater, trying to be obnoxious with her name to make people hate her.

MC Replied:

she has nothing to prove. come back here when beyonce has accomplish as much as Mimi, until then peace!

• July 21, 2012 at 2:32 pm
    @TheIndiigo says:

The lessors will have to deal that Mariah is everything. She has been everything since Whitney (God rest her soul) was shaking under her “I’m Your Baby Tonight” wigs in 1990.

• July 21, 2012 at 3:03 pm
    nunu says:

GO MARIAH the Empress of Pop Is gonna slay it so watch out

• July 21, 2012 at 3:06 pm
    Real Music Please says:

I’ll say this! With the way sells are in decline!! MIMI betta make this s*** like a slice or Oreo cake! Melts in your mouth type single! Cuz with working with these rappers, a lot of times, you only push a way real fans! To be honest, I’m tried of these f****** rappers, on singers tracks!! Back in the day, a singer would have another singer on their track!! That s*** with rappers on songs didn’t begin until like the early 90′s!! I pray this will be her comeback single!! I been liking Mariah since I was 7 years old, back in 1990!! Mariah , please make real music again!!

Jayla Replied:

Please don’t speak for ALL fans, because I love when Mariah has rappers on her traks, stop being a queen

• July 21, 2012 at 3:14 pm
    :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D says:

Don’t see this as anything huge.
    She’ll do her normal top 10 or top 5 single.
    Her album will do Gold or Platinum.
    Music will be the same nothing new.
    Its not so bad.
    Look at how long she has been in the game.
    Lesser artist than Mariah
    Run out of ideas at 4 or less…6 six in some ppls case lol
    If it’s not broke,leave it be

Here hoping she doesn’t pull a Madonna and give us fluff. I hope her voice is better this time. Maybe a tour….a real tour
    Good Luck Mimi

• July 21, 2012 at 3:59 pm
    Tyler says:

Everyone is quick to judge and compare her to other artists. Just WAIT AND SEE if you like it! If you DO then give her props and enjoy her music. All these other STANS of other artists are so insecure. THERE IS ROOM FOR EVERYONE AT THE TOP. Enjoy your favorites but enjoy other music as well. You don’t need to put one artist down to life up another.

• July 21, 2012 at 4:20 pm
    Back2Business says:

I looove Mariah Carey and why y’all coming for MiMi like she not a boss, and y’all ain’t even heard the single yet? Correct me if I’m wrong but Obsessed was a pretty good song and it featured a nobody (Gucci Mane), and Rick Ross and Meek Mills are two HOT rappers right now!

• July 21, 2012 at 4:24 pm
    Back2Business says:

And I’m sick of people that hate Beyonce going onto other artist post posing as a stan of the #BeyHive! To all of the Lambs, WE LOVE Y’ALL AND MARIAH!!! #BeyHive <3 #Lambs

MC Replied:

I am a Mariah fan, but i like Beyonce as well, but some “stans” (I don’t know if they are fake stans or not) are making me angry by making mean comments about Mimi and posing as a member of the BeyHive (yes i am referring to @KANG-YONCÉ!!!)

Back2Business Replied:

@KANG-YONCE is a rihanna stan i believe who hates Beyonce and likes to keep up drama!

Jayla Replied:

@TheIndiigo Replied:

Beyonce and Rihanna have the worst, most delusional fans ever.

Rihanna fans have no room to be talking. They’re obviously oblivious to the fact that their wigged goat can’t take a break because she’s teetering on being irrelevant in the next five minutes.

• July 21, 2012 at 6:14 pm
    the real xoxo says:

cannot wait! glad its an urban song aswell judging by the features.
    shes one of the few artists who can do urban songs without sounding basic.

• July 21, 2012 at 7:20 pm
    GREG says:

This picture of her is ridiculous…..look at where her waist is and where the legs begin to come out of the dress….really Pariah??? The photo shopping of your photos has just become a joke

@TheIndiigo Replied:

And what do you look like, musty beaver?

• July 21, 2012 at 7:49 pm
    Gary says:

BeYAWNce, the song stealing, backstabbing thief. Stop comparing Mariah and BeYAWNce, there is no comparison at all !!!!!!

Truth Replied:

Song stealing? Oh, you mean like how Mariah stole and was sued over:

Sent From Up Above
    Emotions
    Can’t Let Go
    Make It Happen
    Hero
    Fantasy
    Honey

Hmmmm….

Nichole Replied:

Several of those law suits were thrown out of court.

At least we know Mariah is a REAL songwriter, and doesn’t steal other people’s material and taking credit that she wrote it. We also know that she doesn’t steal from other artists performances, claiming to be tributing those artists.

By the way, the lawsuit for TGIFY was definitely thrown out because the person that tried to sue Mariah turned out to be a liar.

Beyonce only wishes she was a songwriter, and she would have been lucky to be half as great as Mariah.

Besides, some of the greatest songwriters have been sued. But at least they write their s*** for real, and not taking credit for songs they didn’t write.

• July 21, 2012 at 7:54 pm
    Peter Griffin says:

Orgasm.

Peter Griffin Replied:

Very powerful and very wet!

• July 21, 2012 at 8:13 pm
    Eminem Says Hi... says:

• July 21, 2012 at 9:15 pm
    CHARMBRACELET ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! says:

THIS HIP HOP s*** CAUSED YOU TO FLOP BEFORE…

YOU GONNA DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN… MARIAH…

FUC-KING WOWERZ!!!!!!!

CHARMBRACELET ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! SMDH!!!!

Jayla Replied:

U sound DUMB, sissy

• July 21, 2012 at 9:16 pm
    @TheIndiigo says:

See, the thing is that Mariah Carey DOESN’T have to put out another record. She could have stopped at ‘SLAYDREAM’ and kept you floored with all the accolades she’s had since 1996. But she does it out of true love for music and her fans. You losers are obviously still pressed that 17 out of 18 of the #1′s she received has her name as the PRIMARY songwriter (try that one, BeYAWNce fans).

She’s the Queen. Get used to it. Constant slayage and she isn’t even trying.

CHARMBRACELET ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! Replied:

SHE’S THE QUEEN OF WHAT???

NUMBER 1′S… f****** WOW… WITH THE LIKES OF RIHANNA COMING TO SNATCH HER WIG IN A LOT LESS TIME… I THINK THAT s*** DON’T MEAN NOTHING…

SHE ISN’T THE QUEEN OF SALES, AWARDS, RECORDS, LEGACIES, OR ETC…

SO SAYING SHE’S THE QUEEN PERIOD… IS THE BIGGEST DELUSION OF THE YEAR… BEING AS THOUGH SHE ONLY REIGNS OVER NUMBER 1′S. AND NOTHING

Jayla Replied:

She is definitely the queen of sales, doesn’t Mariah have like 2-3 DIAMOND albums? Have a seat

MC Replied:

Rihanna? lol wow you must be under the age of 16

Back2Business Replied:

Why did you have to bring Beyonce name up?

• July 22, 2012 at 1:30 am
    MRDIVABITCH says:

Mariah will snatch wigs and put b****** in their places
    Bye bye Adele, your career is over!

• July 22, 2012 at 8:14 am
    Todd says:

”CAN’T NOBODY ,CAN’T TELL HER NOTHIN”!

• July 22, 2012 at 8:33 pm
    Slayriah says:

You trolls comparing Rihanna and Beyonce to Queen Mariah should have a seat!!
    18 #1 singles
    2 Diamond albums
    2 Song of the Decade songs
    Longest #1 song on Hot 100

Prepare the way for the one and only Queen. All the Adele’s, Beyonce’s, Rihanna’s, Katy Perry’s will bow down because she is about to SLAY again and again and AGAIN! Enough said.

MC Replied:

Don’t forget that she is the best selling female artist of all time too :)

• July 23, 2012 at 9:44 am
    Maria says:

It was about time. I’m tired of hearing people who cannot sing on the radio.

She wouldn’t have to put out new music because she is loaded, but she loves her fans too much.

Anyway, welcome back, THE VOICE (I know it was Whitney, but since she is not around anymore…)

And please, do not complain about Mariah working with rappers. She’s been doing it since 1995 and set the trend.

• July 23, 2012 at 1:18 pm
    Dlux says:

Yes! I am looking forward to this single! Mariah knows that she needs a radio single to stir buzz! what better way than with Rick Ross and Meek. One thing I can say about Ross is that he doesnt feature himself on any song that isnt HOT and this track must be HOT. I hope Mariah embraces her DIVA image this era and every video gives you “I’m rich, very rich”, because the life these rappers rap about is the life Mariah actually lives.

and please stop calling her a “Has been” you better hope your favorite stays relavant after 20+ years…..

and one more thing… Please stop comparing Beyonce to Mariah. Mariah is a singer while Beyonce is a entertainer. Two diffrent lanes. They both a great at what they do and will continue to be great. But if you really want to go there Beyonce isnt pushing numbers like she use too either shes slowly becoming a “has been” herself.