Snippets: Tamia – ‘Beautiful Surprise’ Album

tamia beautiful surprise e1343742870890 Snippets: Tamia   Beautiful Surprise Album

August 28th sees vocal powerhouse Tamia release her fifth studio album ‘Beautiful Surprise’. And as if the set’s awesome lead single wasn’t already reason enough to buy, the Canadian diva has shared a preview of what fans can expect from the LP – which has been almost six years in the making.

Listen below…

Click here to preview ‘Beautiful Surprise’

(Via Amazon)

1. Lose My Mind

2. Give Me You

3. It’s Not Fair

4. Believe in Love

5. Beautiful Surprise

6. It’s Not Over Yet

7. Love I’m Yours

8. Him

9. Still Love You

10. Because of You

11. Still

• July 31, 2012 at 9:12 am
    mobwife says:

I love Tamia! I am so happy that she has decided to continue making music! I will be buying her CD.

Now, before ppl get started, Tamia is a R&B artists and like the AMAZING Jill Scott, probably will not sell 300k in her 1st week or even 1 million copies of “Beautiful Surprise”. HOWEVER, it doesn’t mean that she is a FLOP artists. She is a R&B artists so don’t even start. R&B is not supported like Pop & Country!

RICHANDBEAUTIFUL(JUST LIKE RIH)143 MILLION+++ Replied:

BUT TAMIA IS ONE OF THE MANY ARTIST THAT IS SOOOO UNDERRATED!! AGAIN SHE IS ONE OF THE ONES WHO CAN OUTSING ADELE ASS! SHE SHOULD GO PLATINUM QUICK AS s***!! ILL BE BUYING THIS ALBUM MS. HILL!!

mobwife Replied:

Agreed but that’s not how the game is played. “The Powers That Be” are not interested in R&B once again becoming a force in the industry. There money is invested in Pop! I hope Mrs. Hill fairs well.

Anywho,I love the fact that Tam and Grant have been married all these years and we have not heard a mumbling word about their mariage!

**Yeah 3X for Mr. and Mrs. Hill :-)

• July 31, 2012 at 9:29 am
    JJFan1814 says:

R&B is not supported? “4″ is strictly R&B…And it sold decent first week. R&B is however a dying genre…But people will buy music if it’s good. I.E. Adele.

Oww Replied:

Tamia doesnt have a machine behind her like Beyonce & Adele. She is independent. 300,000 is still good for her becasue she will pocket more and there is less overhead versus a major label. I will be copping this, she is amazing!

mobwife Replied:

Yes, R&B is not supported like POP, COUNTRY, ROCK or HIP HOP! JJs last several projects under performed and I love me some “Ms. Jackson if your nasty”, but its true! Beyonce like Justin Bieber, JayZ, Rihanna, Gaga 1 Direction, and Katy Perry are highly FAVORED & HEAVILY PROMOTED MEDIA ACTS! Their music lives on constant rotation every hour on the hour on almost every Pop station & R&B station when applies. You cannot compare their success to those who do not receive the same industry & media favor.

LOL, Adele 0_O? Do you really want to go there? Yes, Adele sings “SOUL MUSIC” but is billed as a POP STAR. Her music is highly favored and played regularly on stations that don’t even play Beyonce or Rihanna for that matter. Music has been parsed into so many sections where ceratin artists have been relegated to be played on select stations & not others. Haven’t you figured out the game by now? Adele is a good artists but ’21′ in total is not the best CD in the world. Don’t get me wrong she has some hits, but not every song on that CD is such! However, you wouldn’t know that by the constant praise shoveled at you by the BIASED, CONTROLLLED MEDIA!

UnderRated Artist Lover Replied:

how dare you mention Beyonce…she gets co-signed by the damn First Lady Of the United States…thats not even a good comparision….

RICHANDBEAUTIFUL(JUST LIKE RIH)143 MILLION+++ Replied:

So AND SHE IS STILL OVERRATED AS HELL! I DONT CARE IF THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND CO-SIGNS WITH BEYFLOP HER ALBUM SUCKED AND IT SHOWED IE HER SALES!

• July 31, 2012 at 9:54 am
    Mr.B says:

This is a fantastic collection of work! Can’t wait to buy it. Thank you, Tamia:-))))

• July 31, 2012 at 10:21 am
    Bey Fan says:

I like Tamia… the snippets sounds good(the ones I could hear). Sounds like typical Tamia, and I dont mean that in a bad way.

Happy to see all the r&b artist dropping music.

• July 31, 2012 at 10:52 am
    Truth says:

Ugh! Whose checkn for het? Sam will u put ppl up I like too? Like fantasia

Truth Replied:

I wouldve said lil kim too but she faked us all out with her return of the queen with a collection plate for the irs tour then didnt drop new music so f*** HER!

• July 31, 2012 at 11:59 am
    Sleazy says:

b**** please adele album wasn’t even that good 1 dimensional still a nice effort Love Tamia Real R&b Legend

• July 31, 2012 at 12:40 pm
    truth teller says:

She’s beautiful, but SIX YEARS is WAY too long to wait to release an album. I will forgive her THIS ONCE, but from now on she needs to release 12 new songs at least EVERY 16-18 MONTHS. NO EXCUSES, b****!

• July 31, 2012 at 1:11 pm
    Stephanie says:

Love Tamia, she’s 1 of my faves…I see she did a remake of her song “Still”…I like the R&B version better, but I “still” like the remake too…most def will be buying this on Aug. 28th!!! #goodgrownfolkmusic :-)

• July 31, 2012 at 1:40 pm
    Just Google Kelsnetwork and see what happens! says:

music from a real talent…
    Just Google kelsnetwork

• July 31, 2012 at 4:41 pm
    Jasmine says:

I like the snippets. Sounds like a good album but “Still” is just a new rendition of the same song she released in 2004. That is my favorite song from her so I hope the rendition is good. I will definitely be buying this album.

• July 31, 2012 at 6:40 pm
    Casual says:

I like Tamia, but I’d say this album is okay, rather than a solid smash. Give Me You and Is It Over Yet are standouts, and had a country female artist recorded Still, it would have been a huge hit on the country charts.

Tamia is a great vocalist, and her style is decidedly a slightly old school r&b. They need to do an emergency retool here and get a great r&b track along the lines of Love on Top on this project. She also needs a good mid-tempo r&b cut with a guest spot from one of the popular rappers to get her some traction at r&b radio. I think Give Me You and Is It Over Yet will work well at adult urban radio.

I’d also add a great remake of a 60s-80s classic for instant interest at adult urban radio.

• July 31, 2012 at 7:58 pm
    steven says:

isn’t “Still” from her 2004 Lp more?

• July 31, 2012 at 11:49 pm
    Lola says:

Some of this the track listing is somewhat similar to brandy 1st album…

Tamia
    1.)Give me You
    2.)Love I’m Yours
    3.)Lose your Mind
    Brandy
    1.) Give me You
    2.)I’m Yours
    3.) Always on my Mind

I wonder if Tamia is a brandy fan?

• August 1, 2012 at 12:04 am
    Tamia's Lover says:

The sexiest music artist. I used to masturbate watching her video, Make tonight beautiful. That golden tanned body OMG. I’ll be back I quickly wanna do something.

The truth Replied:

Dude you too. I thought I was the only one

Tamia's Lover Replied:

What about Beyonce or Rihanna’s body.

The truth Replied:

Dude I dont want old meat. Riri I will think about but that other screamer No No.

I said s*** not boringlicious

The truth Replied:

What about Kanye West

Tamia's Lover Replied:

I cant compete with Frank Ocean.
    By the way I loved his American Wedding, but this Album Sucks big time.

• August 1, 2012 at 10:40 am
    B4REAL02 says:

I’LL BE COPING THIS ALBUM….GOOD R&B

• August 1, 2012 at 11:56 pm
    LuvWhitney says:

Once again another musical & vocal masterpiece!!!! I have been a Tamia fan since the 1st album & every album she creates is a MASTERPIECE. Tamia has always remained true & authentic to her craft thats why fans like me still stick around after years & years!!!! We dont care about her sales or status, she never fails us with her true art..The best are sometimes overlooked

• August 22, 2012 at 4:41 pm
    James says:

Finally, real music. Stripped down and not overly produced. Was getting tired of music in its current state. Love Tamia. Shes beautiful.