New Song: Ashanti – ‘No One Greater (Ft French Montana & Meek Mill)’

shares

Ashanti calls on French Montana and Meek Mill to complete her Irv Gotti produced ‘No One Greater’, the follow up to  the urban hopeful ‘The Woman You Love’.

Curious to know what her latest effort sounds like?

Listen below…

While her vocals seem a little under produced and could have done without a feature (or two), ‘Greater’ has the potential to become a hit on both urban radio and the R&B/Hip Hop singles chart.

By way of its clearly defined hook, and ‘Only U‘ inspired backing track, there is no reason this cut should follow ‘The Woman You Love’s ill fate if Team Douglas pull in all their resources and give urban radio no choice but to pick it up.

However, as much as we love ‘Greater’, we’re hoping her forthcoming singles  takes note from Usher‘s ‘Climax‘ and Lil Kim‘s ‘If You Love Me‘.

Urban cuts with infectiously catchy hooks and production value.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (154)

• Tyler

Tyler (140)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (137)

• Mark111

Mark111 (81)

1. July 1, 2012 at 4:11 am
    Lushesll says:

First the beat is good but lyrics are outer gatbage seems like it was written in 2 mins

2. July 1, 2012 at 4:29 am
    checory says:

Better than the 1st single lol still not GREAT!!!

3. July 1, 2012 at 4:54 am
    SENTFROMUPABOVE says:

i don’t think it’s finished

4. July 1, 2012 at 5:08 am
    BEYONCE'S WEAVE says:

I like it, it’s pretty good. I feel the 2 rappers were not needed in this song and the lyrics could be better. Will this song make the charts? hardly. It is way too old school boring urban to become a hit. It is one of those songs you stumble upon in your iPond when you put it on shuffle but never actually think about listening to. It’s at best a filler song. Good effort though.

5. July 1, 2012 at 6:07 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Like it, much better than the other thing.
    But it sounds under produced. Needs some studio work and I think in HD it will be good.

6. July 1, 2012 at 6:12 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

DEAD @ the 2 features. And even more DEAD @ TGJ saying she doesn’t need them. I’m rooting for Ashanti and the chorus is great, but the song NEEDS the features to be complete. And the rappers are her only chance to get attention from radio. Overall, alongside with the verses, I think this is the best song she’s released since 2005! It’s very good :)

Too bad so much money was spent on ‘The Woman You Love’. If it didn’t get enough views and if the video didn’t help it at all, what made her think promotion would boost the sales. That song was doomed from the beginning. I wish her all the luck with this one.

7. July 1, 2012 at 9:27 am
    Merril Owns says:

I really like it after a few listens.

Murder Feat. Ryan Anthony http://youtu.be/Q9TAC6rbT04

8. July 1, 2012 at 9:46 am
    tha truth says:

I like BOTH “The Woman You Love” and “No One Greater”…..and “She Can’t”….now I’m trying to figure out if No 1 Greater is the revised she cant….hmmmmm

9. July 1, 2012 at 10:18 am
    THE GREAT LACEFRONCE. says:

FINALLY
    The QUEEN is here to end BLEACHonces career :)

10. July 1, 2012 at 10:26 am
    Kingofhearts says:

Its cool I like it….but I’d rather have “she can’t” as the second single

• July 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm
      tha truth says:

I say release them both with videos and keep “She Cant” feature free…..that would be great…..3 songs before the album release

11. July 1, 2012 at 11:07 am
    IsMELLaHIT says:

THIS MUST BE THE ASHANTI HATERS SITE!!!!!!!!!!

12. July 1, 2012 at 11:13 am
    kelly says:

Do you see that Rita Ora? That is the black don’t crack Ashanti is about 32 and by the look of her she cannot age. Rita is a decade younger, but looks mid 30’s. I saw Rita on T4 – SHE is at least 30 something.

Back to the song………..Nah, it will not work.

13. July 1, 2012 at 11:15 am
    kelly says:

People keep saying Rihanna cannot sing. She can, she has a bajan slang to her voice – that what makes it so unique. Dawn Penn – no no no has a simliar voice, they sing in their accent.

Ashanti, Posh Spice , Christian millian and cassie are examples of women who cannot sing.

• July 1, 2012 at 11:25 am
      $$$$ (Dollar$ign$kills) says:

LMAO girl sit. I love Rih Rih but all of those names you mentioned can sing better than Rihanna. Including Cassie

• July 1, 2012 at 11:39 am
        Mahow says:

Ashanti can sing b****……..Have a major seat h**

• July 1, 2012 at 12:11 pm
        kelly says:

Cassie cannot sing. Rih sounds better so site h**

• July 1, 2012 at 12:12 pm
        kelly says:

Posh spice can sing better than Rih? LOL LOL Rih made it over all the ones I named.

• July 1, 2012 at 12:12 pm
        kelly says:

Ashanti cannot sing, b****

• July 1, 2012 at 4:12 pm
      Hush says:

LMAO! Is this stupid b**** Kelly serious?

Ashanti can sing 2x better than Rihanna, and Ashanti’s not even that good a singer…but RIhanna is HORRIBLE. She doesn’t even sound good on record. There’s nothing “unique” about her voice. Unless “bad” means unique in your airheaded little world.

Don’t bother taking a seat; take a nap.

Rihanna has zero talent and isn’t good at anything. Singing being at the top of the list. And, yeah, Posh Spice has a better voice than Rihanna too.

14. July 1, 2012 at 11:42 am
    PrettigurlrockD says:

Dont like it at all. Sounds like an album filler.

15. July 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm
    SHAY says:

I LOVEEEEE IT FINALLYYYYYY SHE CAME WITH SOMETHING GOOD

16. July 1, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    Honestly Speaking says:

Ashanti (along with Brandy) is becoming the definition of the little engine that can’t. This song sounds rough and unfinished. She had over four years to generate fresh material and yet she comes back with something that sounds like it was a rejected bonus track from her last album. The only reason that we won’t see Ashanti somewhere singing in bathrooms is because unlike Brandy she actually has no vocal ability. She just needs to stop, reevaluate, and try again or better yet just go home and stay there.

• July 1, 2012 at 2:31 pm
      tha truth says:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but as long as you acknowledge that it is simply YOUR opinion…and not the law or in the bible…then we can all get along…ok so your not feeling Ashanti or not feeling Ashanti song OK

But in MY opinion and yes just my opinion Ashanti is one of the most talented and underrated artist..and this song reminds of Ashanti first cd and I LOVE IT…..cant wait fir “Braveheart”…now I would like to change that name to “The Woman You Love”….she is that woman to all her fans and want to be that woman to all you doubters ; )

• July 1, 2012 at 2:59 pm
        Honestly Speaking says:

This is the comments section of a blog site so obviously what I state is my opinion. It’s nice to know that Ashanti apparently has a few delusional fans left :) good for you and her, however if you don’t like my opinion then you are more than welcome to keep scrolling or better yet not comment.

17. July 1, 2012 at 3:03 pm
    Jonathan Gardner says:

18. July 1, 2012 at 3:05 pm
    stefan says:

Ashanti new song is produced by @700HitSeason NOT IRV GOTTI.he just wants his name back out there. so he leaked ashanti’s song

19. July 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm
    Meet Sterling Infinity the Birth son of Prince says:

Its good, I hope she gets a second chance

20. July 1, 2012 at 4:15 pm
    Hush says:

Sounds like an unfinished demo.
    They need to go back and “finish” it.

21. July 1, 2012 at 6:26 pm
    JER says:

the problem is the nobody ass features on it. Shoulda been Drake, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, T.I. anybody but nobodys.

22. July 2, 2012 at 3:37 am
    Aaliayah says:

I don’t think this is an official release she hasn’t said anything

23. July 2, 2012 at 11:29 am
    The One says:

I LOVE IT!!!

24. July 2, 2012 at 5:45 pm
    DatDude says:

Yessssss!!!! The Princess is here to take charge I luv even if it ain’t her official single its always good to hear new music from her..

25. Vote

[…] week saw the debut of the set’s latest single ‘No One Greater’, while this week brings with it the […]

26. September 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm
    Beyonces other weave says:

I like the first one better when is this album actually coming out