To Our Readers

Alicia Keys Set To ‘Stand Up To Cancer’, Releases More ‘Girl On Fire’ Details (Video)

alicia keys girl on fire cover Alicia Keys Set To Stand Up To Cancer, Releases More Girl On Fire Details (Video)

‘Diary’ diva Alicia Keys is sharing more secrets about her upcoming release ‘Girl On Fire’.

After sending fans into a frenzy earlier this week with the unleashing of its November 27th  start date and accompanying album cover, the singer has also unveiled a plan for a media onslaught – beginning with the debut of her new single on the MTV Video Music Awards (Sept. 6th).

Until then, see what other dibs the diva dished concerning the new project below:

Immediately following Keys’ appearance on this year’s VMAs, fans can catch the diva on the annual live benefit ‘Stand Up To Cancer’.  Set to air live on September 7th from the Los Angeles’ Shrine Auditorium, Keys is one of many stars set to appear and perform for the event which, in its past, has attracted names like Mary J. Blige, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, and more to lend support.

ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, TBS, and VH1 are just a few of the dozens of channels set to air the broadcast commercial free.  Other confirmed performers at this time include Taylor Swift and Tim McGraw.

1. Vote

Don’t change too much, it just might push your original fan base away..

2. August 24, 2012 at 8:15 pm
    Honestly Speaking says:

I can’t wait to hear new music from Alica. I may not agree with some of her life decisions, but speaking from a musical standpoint, I think that her music has been sorely missed and I’m looking forward to the follow-up of ‘The Element of Freedom’.

3. August 24, 2012 at 8:33 pm
    honest says:

Sometimes a wish some artist would combine into a super artist. Keri can’t dance and Ciara can’t sing. Perfect combination. Beyonce can’t write play an instrument (or have a seat) and Alicia can’t dance perform and her voice is too harsh sometimes. If we could combine the talents of certain artist, music would be amazing. But then again I guess that’s what separates these artist and makes them unique. I really wish it could happen.

4. August 24, 2012 at 9:14 pm
    monstarebel says:

not here for Alicia Off key

• August 24, 2012 at 9:35 pm
      truth.com says:

Then y reply? GOOD DAY!!!!

5. August 24, 2012 at 9:24 pm
    Chachanana12 says:

I completely agree @honest Ciara dancing mixed with beyonce voice keri and Alicia writing and Alicia ability to play the piano and all their musical styles n fashion mixed together would make a super artist. Basically if only beyonce could really really wrote and play a instrument ( she only releases a album every 2 1/2 years) Alicia could control her voice n dance n have emery etc. if Ciara could sing n write n Keri could desalt sing n dance n perform I think they all could b on the same level but I can’t wait to hear her new sound hopefully it’s nothing like new day I wonder If she could like sing rap since she’s changing it up like in upgrade u n diva that would be awesome.

6. August 24, 2012 at 10:15 pm
    [email protected] says:

she sounds like a student of lauryn hill in this clip.

7. August 25, 2012 at 11:41 am
    lostones says:

what a beautiful soul

8. August 25, 2012 at 9:25 pm
    Anita says:

I love who she is and who she always has been. It’s going to go right, no matter what. :-) I know this album is going to be great because Alicia has put so much of herself into it. I hope she continues to be the strong, brave and beautiful lady she has always been.

9. August 26, 2012 at 3:48 am
    Owen says:

I hope the Ist single Is FIRE, ‘Doest Mean A Thing’ was lyrically weak & the beat was generic I just hope she doesn’t repeat that but reinvents her self like she did with ‘broken heart’ first time this time.