Hot Shot: Britney Spears Shines As Cleopatra

shares
552629 10151123352683234 1119027922 n Hot Shot:  Britney Spears Shines As Cleopatra

While her dance moves of late may be reminiscent of many-a-statue in the historic land, Princess of Pop Britney Spears took to the social media to share snaps from her forthcoming, ancient Egypt inspired fragrance commercial.

Swiftly sending fans into a frenzy, the pic was lifted with the caption:

“Channeling my inner Cleopatra today @ Elizabeth Arden Fantasy Twist shoot. Fragrance is out September 1st”.

The snap precedes Spears’ soon-to-be television debut as judge for season 2 of X Factor USA.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (140)

• Tyler

Tyler (136)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (87)

• Mark111

Mark111 (72)

1. August 9, 2012 at 7:21 pm
    HoneyB says:

EW

2. August 9, 2012 at 7:22 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

The Princess of Pop looking gorgeous like a Goddess, it reminds me of The Queen of Pop Madonna at the halftime Superbowl this year.

• August 9, 2012 at 7:38 pm
      That B*tch (would you like a rihfund with that)? says:

Get some glasses Suicide Blonde.

• August 9, 2012 at 8:20 pm
        Truth(theREALISTubitch) says:

WAAAAAAHAHAHALOLOLOL!!!!

3. August 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm
    justsomekid says:

GODNEY/YOUR FAVES COULD NEVER/GAGA WHO?/BECAUSE RIHANNA CAN’T DO EGYPTIAN/SLAYING FOR OVER TEN YEARS//STAY f****** PRESSED AND PRAISE THY MTHR FKN NAME b****.
    kthxbai

4. August 9, 2012 at 7:30 pm
    DOSSOME says:

I May not be a fan but i have respect for all she has achieved…

5. August 9, 2012 at 7:34 pm
    That B*tch (would you like a rihfund with that)? says:

Take off the Cleopatra-like garments Brit, Cleopatra was not white!

• August 9, 2012 at 10:23 pm
      Shaquiniqua-rose says:

She was Greek/Egyptian…

6. August 9, 2012 at 7:38 pm
    Lola says:

Cleopatra Was Black #ImJustSaying!

• August 9, 2012 at 10:23 pm
      Shaquiniqua-rose says:

No she wasn’t…OMG with the ignorance. She was Greek/Egyptian. That does not make her black…

• August 9, 2012 at 11:48 pm
        BapsWorld says:

Summer’s Eve – Hail to the “V” commercial – extended cut ~http://youtu.be/e4Cs3Pp7mYg
        pictures don’t lie:
        clones from old egypt..obama..michael jackson..50 cent..illuminati past life conspiracy

• August 9, 2012 at 11:54 pm
        BapsWorld says:

P.S THE GREEKS WERE ALSO BLACK SORRY TO BREAK YOUR HEART, BECAUSE THE IMAGES THAT ARE FED TO YOU ARE ALL LIES. I REPEAT THE ROMAN’S WERE BLACK, EVEN THE CHANG DESTINY IN CHINA. DO YOURSELF S FAVOR AND DO RESEARCH. THEY HAVE BEEN LYING TO US FOR YEARS, BUT THE TRUTH IS REVEALED…

• August 10, 2012 at 12:23 pm
      Pop Royalty ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

IGNORANCE.COM

not all africans are black.

not all egyptians are black.

Cleopatra was Never Black. she was NOT black african ! she wasn’t 100% egyptian either !! so her being black is a straight BS. she was def light skinned !!!!!!! NOT black ! sorry

Black ppl were being used as Slaves everywhere !! so no wonder u saw them everywhere too #sad #truth

sorry if that sounded racist , even if it was remotely , but i’m egyptian and i won’t allow anyone to mess with my history !

• August 10, 2012 at 9:29 pm
        BapsWorld says:

You must be one of those delusional people who ignore that facts, and how ignorant to say she was light skin, so are you saying its impossible for her to be black??First off,Africans only existence was not used as slaves you idiotic waste of a human being to say something so ignorant. Blacks were kings and queens in Africa, and were the Moors which was the first Indian tribe in America, and yes we were in America before slavery.
        If she wasn’t African or Egyptian then what was she, and please don’t say white or Greek but living in Egypt?? All the drawings clearly show the content of there complexion, and all the noses are completely broken off of the statues, because they knew that the world would see the truth. The fact that you read Babylonian text and think you know the truth is shameful in itself. Egypt was in Africa, but your telling me she wasn’t black. Civilization started in Africa case closed!!!

P.S DON’T APOLOGIZE ABOUT BEING WHO YOU ARE, AND THAT IS RACIST IN 2012, AND I DON’T BLAME YOU BECAUSE YOUR UNEDUCATED ABOUT THE TRUTH.

7. August 9, 2012 at 8:21 pm
    Truth(theREALISTubitch) says:

Cleopatra was BLACK, b****

8. August 9, 2012 at 8:30 pm
    MJ Lover says:

ok cleopatra was NOT black. She was greek. Therefore she was white. -.- and I am black myself. But atleast make some research people. Let’s not always talk about race. :) Britney looks good in that outfit. ^^

I can only imagine what Beyonce would look like in that outfit. XD yasss

oh wait I did.. In Dreamgirls was it? :)

• August 9, 2012 at 8:33 pm
      MJ Lover says:

But since she lived in Egypt, she DID have a tan XD

• August 9, 2012 at 10:24 pm
      Shaquiniqua-rose says:

THANK YOU! OMG people are so ignorant…Just because Egypt is in Africa…

• August 9, 2012 at 11:56 pm
        BapsWorld says:

WOW, YOU MUST NOT GET OUT MUCH!!! SMDH Cleopatra, Nefertiti, Isis, and the list goes on are all African decent. Close the door behind you, as you set down and read a real book!!

9. Vote

[…] Shot: Britney Spears Shines As Cleopatra That Grape Juice Fri, August 10, 2012 12:16 AM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); […]

10. August 9, 2012 at 8:39 pm
    G says:

I’m still waiting for that Twister Dance commercial -___-

11. August 9, 2012 at 9:00 pm
    PrettigurlrockD says:

Ehhh something looks off about this. She’s not olive skinned enough to be a cleopatra she should portray someone as pale as her like Marilyn Monroe or a classic movie star. Britney is about THAT life. And that hair is not the business.

12. August 9, 2012 at 9:09 pm
    joker says:

JUST SUX. cleopatra is not meant to be as pale. *burns tgj* even rihanna looked better with that egypt fit. why you didn’t jump on it? ohh i forgot. you don’t like her. lol :D

13. August 9, 2012 at 9:50 pm
    MJ Lover says:

ch.b******.

14. August 9, 2012 at 11:12 pm
    Tbozfan10 says:

Hey, a lot of you guys have clearly been brainwashed. The ancient Greeks were not white in reality. That’s how the image was later portrayed by the Romans. They also are responsible for all these white Jesus pictures. You need to read the book, “the History of White People” by Nell-Irving Painter. You will learn many things that have been sort of buried from history due to the promotion of the Europeon belief in white supremacy.

• August 10, 2012 at 9:43 pm
      BapsWorld says:

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN!!! :)

15. August 9, 2012 at 11:26 pm
    Hd live says:

a new britney fragrance is coming I’m so happy

• August 10, 2012 at 10:56 am
      Lolax says:

Me too

16. August 9, 2012 at 11:59 pm
    BapsWorld says:

REPEAT:The ignorance continues. Egypt in Africa, but Cleopatra is Greek smdh. She was African point blank, and stop reading history in school books because they are lying. There was no such thing as sunblock back then in that hot ass sun lol. We were the beginning of civilization, and before Egypt was colonized the people look African!! Just because Elizabeth Taylor plays her don’t make Egyptians Greek stupid. Although it was just a commercial it spoke volumes to the truth the Summer’s Eve commercial. Also check out these black Egyptian statues that look like some celebrities today. So sad they have lied so long that they put the truth in a commercial. African American women especially please watch the beauty:

• August 10, 2012 at 1:43 am
      Shaquiniqua-rose says:

The ignorance continues with your post…YOU obviously never went to college and studied Ancient history. Cleopatra was She was a member of the Ptolemaic dynasty, a family of Greek origin that ruled Egypt after Alexander the Great’s death during the Hellenistic period….DO your research before you put the educated on blast…

• August 10, 2012 at 1:46 am
        Shaquiniqua-rose says:

That doesn’t make her ‘black’ or ‘white’…So as you can see we can’t divide her into America’s understanding of black/white so easily.

• August 10, 2012 at 9:36 pm
        BapsWorld says:

P.S THE GREEKS WERE BLACK, BUT THE IMAGES THAT HAVE BEEN FED TO YOU ARE FALSE. SHE WAS AFRICAN!!!!! NOW PLEASE STOP READING THE BABYLONIAN TEXT, BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED. DO NOT ACT LIKE ITS PERFECT IN ENGLAND BECAUSE THEY CALLED BLACKS MOORS AS A INSULT, BUT THE FACT IS THEY WERE. LIKE I SAID SHE WAS AFRICAN!!!

I REPEAT THE GREEKS WERE BLACK SO YOU CAN QUOTE WHATEVER BOOK YOU WANT OR GOOGLE WHATEVER SHE WAS STILL BLACK!!!

• August 10, 2012 at 9:52 pm
        BapsWorld says:

PS. I JUST GRADUATED WITH MY ASSOCIATES AND NOW I’M ACTIVELY PURSUING MY BACHELORS. PLEASE STOP BLINDLY SPEAKING!!! YOUR SO GUN HO THAT SHE IS NOT AFRICAN, AND THE FACT IS THAT YOUR INFORMATION THAT YOU ARE RECEIVING IS COMING FROM WHITES. WOW SO BRAINWASHED INTO NOT KNOWING YOUR REAL HISTORY SMH…

• August 11, 2012 at 1:53 am
        Shaquiniqua-rose says:

The fact that you CAPS everything doesn’t make it so. You have your opinion, and I have mine. Calm down sweetie. xx

• August 11, 2012 at 1:54 am
        Shaquiniqua-rose says:

p.s there was more than one Cleopatra.

17. August 10, 2012 at 2:02 am
    NIKKO says:

Queen B will be very busy next month I wish her nothing but the best!!!

18. August 10, 2012 at 10:55 am
    Lolax says:

Omg I love gypsy britney

19. June 12, 2013 at 7:09 am
    imaginarysocialite.com says:

Highly energetic blog, I liked that bit. Will there be a
    part 2?

20. December 14, 2014 at 2:37 pm
    imprenta online says:

Can I simply just say what a comfort to discover someone that genuinely knows what they’re talking about over the internet. You actually know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people must check this out and understand this side of the story. I can’t believe you are not more popular given that you most certainly have the gift.

21. December 14, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14 Accessories says:

Wow! After all I got a website from where I be capable of genuinely obtain valuable data
    regarding my study and knowledge.

22. December 14, 2014 at 6:18 pm
    enhancement says:

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which too few folks are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I came across this during my search for something concerning this.

23. December 16, 2014 at 4:15 am
    bronx property management says:

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up plus the rest of the site is also really good.

24. December 16, 2014 at 4:31 am
    clip s** hd says:

Some truly excellent posts on this site, regards for contribution.

25. December 16, 2014 at 4:46 am
    cell phone spy bubble says:

An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this. And he in fact ordered me breakfast due to the fact that I stumbled upon it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this subject here on your web site.

26. December 16, 2014 at 5:10 am
    muscle gaining secrets says:

I’m extremely pleased to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your website.