New Song: Rita Ora – ‘Radioactive’

shares
Rita+Ora+Radioactive New Song: Rita Ora   Radioactive

Today marks the British release of Rita Ora‘s hotly anticipated debut, ‘ORA’.

Preceded by a whopping three #1 singles, naturally the question arises as to whether the set has “more of where that came from”.

Ora answers emphatically with the rousing ‘Radioactive’, which is all sorts of an album-standout.

Take a listen after the jump…

Euphoric, pulsating, and titillating, the cut is easily the 21 year old’s best effort yet and is – quite literally – screaming for single treatment. Penned by Sia, it’s a delicious fusion of Urban, Pop, and Electro which in tandem gives a retrospective nod to many a 90’s club classic. Epic, epic, epic.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (153)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (137)

• Tyler

Tyler (137)

• Mark111

Mark111 (80)

1. August 27, 2012 at 5:24 am
    Honestly Speaking says:

I actually happen to like this song and it’s probably one of the best songs on her album. However the song should have been released during the Summer. I doubt that it’ll have much of an impact on the charts in the US anyway but the UK will probably respond well to it as usual…despite the fact that it also sounds like a less catchy generic Rihanna b-side reject. Next.

2. August 27, 2012 at 5:24 am
    HOTSTUFF says:

overproduced mess

3. August 27, 2012 at 5:30 am
    AND says:

Hot stuff!

4. August 27, 2012 at 5:36 am
    Sleazy says:

This song is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rihanna fans are seriously sad Lol like rita Can sing the phonebook and they gonna b like huh ah This is a rihanna b side b**** please like when rihanna Create dance electro music? Like she only done dance when it was HOT (only girl. Wfl. Whyb) who all are Generic trash pop

• August 27, 2012 at 11:34 am
      Your p**** Latino says:

I’m not a sicko fan of Rihanna, but I have to say that she did dance first. Remember Please don’t stop the music

• August 27, 2012 at 12:03 pm
      Lax says:

Chris, kelly, and countless others can sing and dance their asses off
      to but where are they on the Forbes line up sleazy! This chick
      has to show the people what she’s working with and call Rih all the names in the book and that will still not take away anything that Rihanna has already accomplished. I love a great singer, but people like you and others BY DOWNING
      Rihanna and others to build yo fave up will never cut it in the books of who’s who in the entertainment INDUSTRY.
      If you notice the navy isn’t the one on here taliking smack about RIHANNA is the only this and that. But theres always some one BRAGGGGGGIN their assses off about what others has accomplished and who’s not going to be on their level, goodness. God is the fellow and the power behind all blessing and for yo information the “Good Lord” Giveth and he has the power to also take it away, look at Job from BIBICAL Days Job lossed it all, and when you have a blessing believe me you did not get that blessing on yo own there is a greater power, so tearing Rihanna and her navy down will never make yo Fave be at the top always. The top often times become the bottom and the bottom has a canny way of becoming the top, and what is for RIHANNA, RITA AND BEYONCE is for them and the DEVIL in hell can’t keep them from gai ning all that the good Lord have got for all of them, carry on.

• August 27, 2012 at 12:05 pm
        Lax says:

Jobe*

• August 27, 2012 at 1:40 pm
      Beyonce's Weave (& Her "HIVE" of Head-Lice) says:

Please don’t stop the music, disturbia Rihanna did dance a long time ago. She was one of the first acts to do dance, nice try though but go to the O2 arena Rihanna has sold out many times and fill all the seats there.

5. August 27, 2012 at 5:39 am
    Love on top says:

Rihanna fans had hit a all time low and FYI “Honestly speaking” “LAX” are the same people if you check a RITA post she is everywhere like everywhere don’t these people have lives

• August 27, 2012 at 5:46 am
      Honestly Speaking says:

Idiot. LAX and I have two completely different writing styles. Even the tone of our posts are different from one another. You’re sitting over there obsessing about something that isn’t even true but yet I’m the one with no life? Ok then.

• August 27, 2012 at 5:54 am
        Love on top says:

Wait I mention something ONCE? I’m obsessing? You here on a girl post you clearly hate (when ever I enter a post You have like half of the comments on the page) and I’m obsessing No girl you obsessing over Rita Ora! You and Lax are the same people Anyone who’s not delsusional can see and watch you comment all over this post You need a seat better yet a Life

• August 27, 2012 at 6:07 am
        Honestly Speaking says:

b****, I’m not going back and fourth with you over something as stupid as this. I have exactly ONE username on here and whenever I comment on a post, I always use the name “Honestly Speaking”. It hasn’t changed within the last few hours and I don’t comment on every post. I also don’t go back and fourth with idiots that just want attention and are clearly still in high school. Goodbye.

• August 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm
        Honestly Speaking says:

*back and forth

• August 27, 2012 at 12:13 pm
      Lax says:

@LOVE ON TOP you are kidding , right? We type completely different and anybody with a brain know that my English & Spelling is broken and p*** poor while “Honestly Speaking” uses good ENGLISH and sticks to the point while my ass is all over the place. And another thing look at the words that i use often like PHUCK, you do not see Honestly Speaking and trying to hook the haters asses all to that “Short Bus” they
      all are riding. I am all up and down the board TAPPING ASSES left and right and for yo INFORMATION i use CAPS a lot Honestly Speaking do not. Any one who’s as sharp as i am can read the TWO of us and tell the different.
      PS
      I Am almost always linking Links honestly Speaking comes in KICKS ASSES AND TAKE NAMES and ease on out ME on the other hand love hanging in for the long haul and putting my handcuff on as many haters and hooking them to the “Short Bus” as i can and loving each and every minute of “Dray Racing”, deery! And so phucking what!!!!

6. August 27, 2012 at 5:43 am
    KATY CAT says:

That sad moment when a Rihanna stan is the first to comment on a RITA post *awkward* most pathetic stan base ever Wants no one to be great and the most delusional

• August 27, 2012 at 12:15 pm
      Lax says:

We comment because this is a blog spot, deery.

7. August 27, 2012 at 5:46 am
    Gaga number 1 says:

I agree ^^^

8. August 27, 2012 at 5:50 am
    slimsexy says:

This is my jam.I have had this on replay through out yesterday and am still not tired of it.With this song Rita has justified the so called hype sorrounding her.

9. August 27, 2012 at 5:58 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

It’s a great song and I LOVE Sia’s songwriting, but for some reason her voice never sat well with me. I can imagine Sia herself singing it on one of her solo albums or maybe Christina, because Sia loves to work with her, but Rita’s voice doesn’t appeal to me. Anyway, I wish her luck.

10. August 27, 2012 at 5:59 am
    Virtuoso Intellect says:

Here comes the green-eyed rhitards. Gosh let Rita be maybe if Ri doesnt leave her “sound” to a camp of writers and producers to engineer from scratch to finish, it wouldnt sound so soulless and generic. Fazer said she her camp are submitting 200 songs for her next album. If that doesnt confirm that she’s just an empty vacuous vapid vessel, nothing does

ON: the song should be renamed radio-addictive cuz thats exactly what it is.

• August 27, 2012 at 8:01 am
      RichnBlack11(Beyonce keep em MAD) says:

She got it Hun ………I’m sold

• August 27, 2012 at 8:24 am
      RoyalKev says:

@Virtuoso Intellect

Wow @ the 200 songs! smh. Rita has a hit!

• August 27, 2012 at 12:15 pm
      Lax says:

Yo ass wish!

• August 27, 2012 at 1:44 pm
      Beyonce's Weave (& Her "HIVE" of Head-Lice) says:

At least Rihanna gives them full credits, BeYAWNce will just steal their songs and refuse to pay them their royalties. How many times has BeYAWNce been caught hands down for thieving? She has stolen from Des’Ree, tried to steal irreplaceable from Ne-Yo, stole the chorus melody for Baby Boy, stole the Billboard performance for “Run the World”…she is a thief and this is a FACT.

This is why song writers and producers are submitting songs for Rihanna, because they know they’ll get a fair deal unlike THIEFonce who’ll reap them off.

• August 27, 2012 at 8:39 pm
      Benron (King Of The Navy) says:

EVERYONE submits songs TO EVERY ALBUM. What 200 songs shows is that everyone wants to become known for giving her a hit. Why wont they invest it the tanking ship of Rihanna. And unlike your fave bey, I accept that I am a BLACK person with BROWN EYES.

11. August 27, 2012 at 6:37 am
    Nika says:

This song & RITA is def made for the UK….much success ova the pond.

12. August 27, 2012 at 6:44 am
    Music Lover says:

I want to like it, really I want to love it cause I’m sort of liking what Rita has been offering but I honestly hear Sia singing this in my head :/ I’ll give it a few spins but it isn’t bad.

I had also heard Rihanna singing “R.I.P.” in my head which makes sense since it was written for her originally. Rita did that one justice tho, maybe even better than Rihi would have, who knows.

I’m looking forward to “ORA” hopefully it’s on par with the singles I’ve been hearing so far.

13. August 27, 2012 at 7:55 am
    Oh Yeah!!! says:

Honestly this is a Hot Song!!

14. August 27, 2012 at 7:58 am
    RichnBlack11(Beyonce keep em MAD) says:

I like this , she will go far keep it classy and lady like Rita…… There trying to make it hard for you baby girl keep your head up and stay focus

Ps I love young, single , & s*** Cute song :-) :-)

To the Rihanna stan be easy this girl trying to make it just like all the other artist in the game.

The reason I think some are so upset is Rita can sing on stage LIVE and off, and no shade RIHANNA cant and the Titanic’s know that.

• August 27, 2012 at 8:08 am
      OMG A SITE FULL OF CUNTS says:

Ofcourse I have this song and her album!!! Rihanna better watch her loose cuz Rita Ora coming to snatch the 1992 weave.

• August 27, 2012 at 8:08 am
        OMG A SITE FULL OF CUNTS says:

ass*

• August 27, 2012 at 12:27 pm
        Lax says:

Rihanna don’t have to do jack shyt, she has already made it and when Rita can do as much with her first album as RIHANNA did with her first back in 2005 then yo debate will be worth other wise you are just like the rest of the Bey Hive ” All Blow And No Go”.

• August 27, 2012 at 12:25 pm
      Lax says:

Rihanna is trying to make it also , but to you and yo Goons you are always trying yo hand at trying to beat her wheels off
      at each and every turn in the road and it haven’t gotten yo ass nowhere at all. Like yo SHITTY comment yesterday with that post about how RIHANNA need to learn how to get booking’s like beyonce, usher and mariah, daaaaah!
      PS
      Yo ass need to practice what you preach and stop trying to tear others down to up yo Fave.

15. August 27, 2012 at 8:06 am
    RoyalKev says:

I don’t care for most dance records, but this shits on just about everything! This is the first song by Rita that got my attention. I felt like she was being forced our throats, but now I think she’ll finally start making some people nervous.

16. August 27, 2012 at 8:32 am
    WaitUrTurn88 says:

SHE IS SO NOT ORIGINAL, ALL HER SONG SOMEONE ELSE CAN SING……AT LEAST WITH SOME OF RIHANNA SONGS I CAN I ONLY PICTURE HER SINGING IT !!!…..PS SHE IS NOT THAT MUCH TO LOOK AT NEITHER.

• August 27, 2012 at 10:10 am
      kelly says:

WaiT? Rita Ora sings radioactive ? I thought it was David Guetta or Calvin Harris / afrokack / Benny Benassi featuring a guest vocalist. Eva Simons from Holland etc. This is a DJ dance song, the singer is not important. Anyone could of sang it.

17. August 27, 2012 at 8:45 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

So Madonna and Mariah Carey are flops but this right here is all kinds of epic??? Sam give me a f****** break please! :)
    Anyway, it´s funny how delusional Rihanna fans are pressed at this. Just shows how telentless that girl is if they are pressed at someone like Rita Ora
    Sad days for music industry

18. August 27, 2012 at 9:00 am
    BAM says:

This song is okay..the best from her past singles I suppose. I’m really trying to like this girl but I really cant..I added some of her songs to my ipod and deleted them a week later because they kept popping up on my shuffle LMMFAO!!! Wish her all the best in the UK!

19. August 27, 2012 at 9:02 am
    thisguy says:

it’s forgetable

• August 27, 2012 at 10:06 am
      kelly says:

But who was the singer? I know these euro house dj’s use a guest vocalist. Is it Eva Simmons from Holland? She had a euro hit with Will I am.

20. August 27, 2012 at 9:40 am
    I'm not throwing shade, but... says:

There is a version of this song this song that is repetitious and has no verse structure and just a chorus which is much better than this version… not great but better. This version sounds like everything else.
    Point to Ritas team. If you choose a song that sounds like another artist on your label will sing, there will be comparisons

21. August 27, 2012 at 10:04 am
    Britbutnotproud says:

A definite hit home and away.

22. August 27, 2012 at 10:05 am
    kelly says:

Rita Ora said that radioactive is like nothing we have ever heard, it is fresh. I was expecting Bohemian rapsody ala queen, sweet dreams ala Eurythmics or thriller ala MJ! It is a dance track – exactly like what we hear everyday. It is a good dance track. I like the production ( which drowns out the singer ) and the ” hey! take a look at you ” But, who is the singer ? Is it that Ducth girl who sings with Will I AM, Eva simmons? Is it a studio singer? Is it a session singer? I cannot make out who the singer is. It could be anybody. I know it is not Rihanna, beyonce, ashanti, britney etc – they have a distinct voice – their voices ride the beat, not the other way around.

Anyhow, this is a good dance song like all the others. I just wish I could make out who the singer was. It could be any singer ( excluding the superstars / talents with unique voice.

23. August 27, 2012 at 11:13 am
    Auntie_Jackie says:

I think Roc nation really muffed her introduction to the U.S.

And you only get one. UK yes, now the US, probably never. They misjudged what U.S. single to put out, and killed her buzz here with a Katy-perry esque song. Her unique songs, like facemelt, should have been put out.

24. August 27, 2012 at 11:22 am
    Dustin says:

Radioactive is for the gay clubs… In the 90’s.

I like the track. It’s catchy, but dated. Seriously, she’s on some La Bouche s*** with this one. Lol.

That said, it’ll probably be a big hit for her (at least in the UK)

• August 27, 2012 at 11:39 am
      kelly says:

LA Bouche LOL you know your dance. 90’S / late 80’s dance is the best.

25. August 27, 2012 at 11:45 am
    Monstarebel says:

Omg I like this song!!! but I still don’t like you Rita *palms to the sky*

26. August 27, 2012 at 12:20 pm
    Lax says:

I feel her music will grow legs and that who did this and
    the navy don’t like her if the writers and the stan keep Rihanna’s
    name out of their mouth then perhaps she will do even better!!!!!
    Notice how some one other then the navy is always saying something
    to try and put Rihanna’s name into the mix. like she can SING better then Rihanna
    which might be true to many, but Rita have still got to figure out a way to try and
    top what Rihanna has already accomplished, real talk.

27. August 27, 2012 at 1:09 pm
    Politically Inconveient says:

I Tried to listen to the Fukishima Remix
    but my radio melted in my hand
    Apparently if you point your speakers to the west, people can hear the song in
    witchita

28. August 27, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    Beyonce's Weave (& Her "HIVE" of Head-Lice) says:

This song is actually very good and kudos, it doesn’t sound like a Rihanna song. Rita Ora could go far with this song, if only she could stop trying to use Rihanna’s name to sell her music. I am wondering why she is not using THIEFonce’s name though, proves how irrelevant BeYAWNce is becoming. Oh how the mighty have fallen, you cannot go around reaping people off in the music business without any consequences. I love seeing BeYAWNce’s downfall because it is a victory for songwriters, producers, artists and choreographers everywhere. Burn b****, BURN…

29. August 31, 2012 at 3:32 pm