Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

New Video: Dawn Richard – ‘Wild N’ Faith’

dawn richard wild n faith video thatgrapejuice New Video: Dawn Richard   Wild N Faith

Danity Kane diva Dawn Richard continues her creative winning streak with the video for new single, ‘Wild N’ Faith’.

Lifted from the singer’s critically acclaimed ‘Armor On’ EP, the song’s accompanying visual was helmed by Marina & The Diamonds director ELY.

What are you waiting for? Watch Ms. Richard battle for career success below…

Yet another stellar effort from this talented creative-hub.

Indeed, it’s both warming and disheartening to note that Dawn’s visual efforts (as an independent artist) are markedly more engaging than most of the videos churned out by acts signed to major labels.

Here’s hoping her “out of the box” approach not only makes a “major” sit up and pay attention to her cause, but also inspire some of her major label counterparts to “do better”.

• August 29, 2012 at 12:17 pm
    Ftab says:

IMO, its the video of the year period!! Amazing Dawn is a beast. She definitely has her own lane. Amazing how this is not on the radio? Love the songs and the concept

ciara's fan Replied:

all i can say is: WOW
    she is so f****** talented!!!!

the realest Replied:

who styled her for this. she looks wack.

Kinda sounds a bit frank ocean this song, its good but i cant let it go she was responsible for the demise of Danity Kane.

They really need to get back together…

JENNY JONES!!! Replied:

IT ALWAYS SEEMS SHE GETS RIGHT TO THE GLASS CEILING BUT CAN NEVER BREAK THROUGH IT. THAT’S HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS SONG; ALMOST THERE. SHE’S A REAL TALENT THOUGH. GOOD LUCK TO HER, SHE WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE……..JENNY JONES!!!

JENNY JONES!!! Replied:

IF DIDDY WASN’T SUCH A SELFISH ATTENTION WH*RE HE WOULD’VE MADE ‘LAST TRAIN TO PARIS’ DAWN’S SOLO PROJECT. SHE WOULD’VE TOTALLY BLOWN UP AND HE WOULD’VE LOOKED LIKE A SUPER PRODUCER AGAIN. TOTAL IDIOT ALWAYS TRYING TO TAKE THE SHINE!!!!……….JENNY JONES!!!

• August 29, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    BitchICan'tEvenSpellWelfare says:

Yasssssssssssssssssss Dawn!!!!!

She is BEYOND so many of these mainstream “artists” it’s ridiculous.

Love her!

• August 29, 2012 at 12:24 pm
    Auntie_Jackie says:

Her career will be lukewarm forever, because she’s a talented songwriter, dancer, and creator, but she doesn’t have the team to give her a streamlined, consistent, look and feel. Lessors will keep on winning because of this fact alone. You can’t drive in someone else’s lane. You have to create your own.

Millhouse Replied:

She is creating her own lane -_-

Auntie_Jackie Replied:

- _ –

By doing R&B and Dance? I don’t think so. Her look and profile outside of her music just isn’t going to do it. I want her to win, but I don’t think she will in this market.

mob: Operation kill the b!+@# Replied:

People are mad at what you just said but it’s the absolute TRUTH! Especially about those of lesser ability winning because of the right backing/support/PR Team in their corner!

Lax Replied:

@AUNTIE,,,You are so on Point! and she’s beautiful
    and very talented to me, i often wonder what in the
    hell DIDDY do with all these great Artist, dam!

Matt101 Replied:

I agree…I’ve been wanting her to stand on her feet for so long… No doubt this vid and song is great but , she just hasn’t found that lane that would make her stand out as a solo artiste … I really hope she finds that avenue soon., she’s been at for quite some time now .

glum Replied:

True

• August 29, 2012 at 12:24 pm
    Jcrewedup says:

& she does it again!!

Damn she is dope!

• August 29, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    Beyonce's Weave (& Her "HIVE" of Head-Lice) says:

These songs have a lot of South African Kwaito/House influence which I like. She obviously has a South African producer, this is what urban acts should be going for if they are to have a modern urban sound.

• August 29, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    smh says:

Nice dawn

• August 29, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    Millhouse says:

For sure, its one of the best videos I’ve seen in a long time. Of course there were things that looked a little weird like the big gold helmet that was lop sided. It would have looked nicer if it actually sat on her head properly… but I quickly got over those minor things and focused on the big picture.

Over all the video is AMAZING!!!.I wish there was little bit more focus on the choreo cuz it looked Great!. I love the the different looks. I love the concept. I love the songs. I wasnt sure where she was going with it in the beginning but by the end of the video, I was definitely satisfied.

Dawn is on the right track to becoming a big star. She is stepping her game up & putting in the work to stay relevant. Just imagine what she could do if she had a bigger budget for her videos. This by far is the best video she has put out… Hopefully there will be more to come.

Lax Replied:

So true!

• August 29, 2012 at 12:35 pm
    trillafood says:

Nice video but shes not bringing anything new to the game.

O_O Replied:

O_O

Wahhh? Wahhh was that you say?

Mary Mary Why You Buggin Replied:

Huh?!

Dawn is, by far, one of the most interesting & innovative artists in the game.

BTW, LOVE this video!

emmi3 Replied:

i soo agree on that !! her video concepts her refreshing dancing her different type on her own lane of songs. The girl is a sponge which has absorbed so much over the years who has worked so hard and is still working her ass of, so she deliveres not the typical. She takes risks i love that she doesnt go for the basic 1..2..3 i love its DAWN

• August 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm
    Speaks Truth says:

Omg omg faints…… She did the HEEL TOE in heels, those heels those wardrobes, that choreography those subjects those men epic epic epic damn DAWN,,,,,

B4REAL02 Replied:

Man I was thinkin’ the same thing….Who other than Dawn heel toe’s in heels!!!! She did that s***!!!

• August 29, 2012 at 12:49 pm
    Rihanna Navy says:

Inide – r&b i see you dawnnn

Rihanna Navy Replied:

indie*

• August 29, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    Anthony says:

Hott video!! If only Dawn was light skin, let’s keep it real!!

ENOUGH ONIKA Replied:

Really Anthony?? Lol ignorance.

Britbutnotproud Replied:

I can’t believe what I just read damn it – its 2012. There should be no colour restrictions in the music industry and if there is that’s because we buy into it. Music should be inclusive to everybody regardless of their shade. And if I am honest the blacks are the ones who have an issue with this . Dear god after all the battles Martin Luther King and Malcolm X fought to ensure equal rights for blacks they still cannot free themselves from mental slavery. We were once a proud race back in the 60s and making strides now we are regressing as a race. I blame rap music for this mentality. Its a case of “If you are White you are alright” “If you are brown stick around” and if you are black stand back”. Mr King and Mr X must be turning in his graves.

Britbutnotproud Replied:

“their ” graves.

Haute Hottie Replied:

No it’s better that she’s not, so that we can actually like her for her talent. . . People caught up in the light skinned hype don’t last that long, they’re here today, and gone tomorrow. xD

mob: Operation kill the b!+@# Replied:

Among other things! It’s a bit more involved than just Dawn haiving darker skin. It’s the organized structure that promotes some acts (360 degree contract holders mainly) and excludes others! It’s hard for Indie acts to make it especially African American R&B-Indie acts! IMO….

Lax Replied:

ANTHONY smh!

Anthony Replied:

Am never prejudice!! If dawn Richards was the complexion of Beyonce & Rihanna a label would have been signed her and she more talented than Rihanna.

Matt101 Replied:

Smh sighs this is really disappointing

• August 29, 2012 at 1:08 pm
    RG2 says:

DAWN RICHARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL THE MEMBERS OF DANITY KANE PERIOD.

Troy Replied:

NO! just no.

Matt101 Replied:

Love her but that statement is a no

• August 29, 2012 at 1:14 pm
    RG2 says:

SO DAMN SEXY AND CREATIVE, THIS IS WHAT RECORD LABELS SHOULD BE SIGNING NOT THAT STUPID s***.

• August 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm
    aishaaguilerakeys says:

The first three minutes had me thiking she was promotig a vid game. I see she has also goe down the techno road. She’s a good dancer,though, however I didn’t like the video.

Mary Mary Why You Buggin Replied:

Dawn has NOT “gone down the techno road.” Her music will NEVER be as generic as that!

It’s actually what @Beyonce’s Weave described above. The second movement on “Faith” is the closest thing that could be described as “techno” to be found on the GREAT “Armor On.”

aishaaguilerakeys Replied:

Well, that’s that person’s opinion. For me, this is techno, period.

• August 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm
    Nick says:

Yes honey she was the real talent of that crap group., dawn keep it up boo loving this!!!!

• August 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm
    Champ says:

Dawn has always been creative. The name Danity Kane was her creation from a comic book character she created and now has a comic book out about the entire story. I love Dawn. Her music is fire. Her concepts are very unique and original, but something about her entire package is missing. IDK what it is, but she is defintely one of the best artists out right now. Not the BEST because if you’ve ever heard of 2NE1, they definitely slay Dawn to the tenth power. Overall, I’m rooting for you Dawn.

DENNY Replied:

2NE1, slay Dawn? Oh please GTFO only 2 of them can sing. Bom sounds like a sodomised goat and Dara has no purpose in life.

• August 29, 2012 at 1:31 pm
    Todd says:

Love the video…good job DAWN!!!!

• August 29, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    mob: Operation kill the b!+@# says:

I don’t like he outit with the pot on her head…ewww!

The song is nice however! I Can see the bumping in the clubs that cater to dance music! Go Dawn! She’s like a baby Kelly Rowland! :-)

• August 29, 2012 at 2:25 pm
    Crow LeNz says:

She didn’t Disappoint it’s “Everything” i thought it would be and more Love Dawn

• August 29, 2012 at 2:44 pm
    Speak Truth says:

Imagine Dawn bring these videos to the stage???

• August 29, 2012 at 2:52 pm
    pat says:

that was orgazmic!!!!!!!!! this bych is bad…she can compete with ANY bych in the game right now as an artist

• August 29, 2012 at 2:53 pm
    Nick says:

this is a very good video I must say

Hopefully it may reach the 106 & park video countdown.

• August 29, 2012 at 3:01 pm
    Yesididbitch says:

WOw i just met the TRUTH! Amazing dawn!!

• August 29, 2012 at 3:20 pm
    justsomekid says:

Gotta respect her creativity and hustle.
    Love me some Dawn <3

• August 29, 2012 at 3:29 pm
    Monstarebel says:

She SLAYED!!! I loved every minute of it!! Dawns a beast!! >>

• August 29, 2012 at 3:37 pm
    Social1 says:

Loved it.

• August 29, 2012 at 4:13 pm
    dee says:

dawn seriously, girl shut it down.

• August 29, 2012 at 4:21 pm
    Antonio DeJoyce says:

This is like so next dimensional I don’t know if they ready for this LOL… I loved loved loved the video all :)))))))’s Dawn is ready in a lane of her own right now, and the way her EP sold INDEPENDENTLY … I’m pretty sure her album is gonna follow suit.. This chick is it!!! Love it love it love it !!!!

• August 29, 2012 at 4:41 pm
    Marcus says:

Dawn is like a breath of fresh air. She is what this industry is lacking. I love everything about it.

• August 29, 2012 at 4:46 pm
    D.Strock says:

I seriously am in love with this girl. Can’t wait until she blows up. To me, she’s like a female Frank Ocean

• August 29, 2012 at 7:04 pm
    YASSSSSS says:

She is going in the right direction to becoming a super star, great song.

• August 29, 2012 at 7:14 pm
    mr.m says:

She coming .. it’s about time, Dawn :)

• August 29, 2012 at 8:42 pm
    Bey Fan says:

I think Dawn did a great job. Wish it was a little shorter tho….

She is a force….

• August 30, 2012 at 3:01 am
    MRDIVABITCH says:

I think for her the auto-tuned vocals are unnecessary
    But I like Dawn, she is becoming a sort of urban Lady Gaga
    And the video was HOT. I like the idea of the different warriors and warrior inspired fashion.

• August 30, 2012 at 3:39 am
    Belladonna says:

Yessssssssssssssssss! This video is so amazing I can’t even believe it! She needs to go on Tour with Gaga when her tour comes to the U.S that’s the only fan bass that will get just how amazing she is! We little Monaters can get her to the top or give her that push she needs. This video and Korean Boy Band (BigBang) new videos Fantastic Bady & Monster are the 3 best videos of the Year hands down!!! Good Luck and I’m about to go get her EP!

Matt101 Replied:

Smh u’r so slight

• August 30, 2012 at 9:15 am
    Elyk Yeznad says:

I saw a recent comment that said “If only she was light skinned, let’s keep it real”

As much as I hate to say it, and I am the most pro African American person I know the truth is, only if she was light skinned. You need to ask yourself why are the most visible r&b female artist on the charts predominately light skinned. Beyonce, Rihanna, Keri Hilson, Keshia Cole, Nicki Minaj, and that’s about it for who is actually getting any media as of now. Furthermore some of these artist “light skinned” don’t have any real talent but they look good on the cover of a magazine. It’s called white washing. The artists like Dawn, Brandy, Fantasia, and many more who have more talent in their sweat than some of these people are not getting any media attention because they are not the type that the media puts on covers and promote………. The truth is tough to hear sometimes.

[...] + Watch Dawn Richard's "Wild N' Faith" video. [...]

[...] + Watch Dawn Richard’s “Wild N’ Faith” video. [...]

• August 31, 2012 at 6:25 am
    Jason says:

DAWN is EVERYTHING!!! such an inspiration she is!!!

[...] reported here, ‘Bombs’ beauty Dawn Richard dropped yet another explosive music video to accompany the [...]

[...] has seen the former Bad Boy beauty etch her name into mass consciousness with jaw-dropping music videos and concepts that push [...]

• May 4, 2013 at 9:37 am
    discount engagement dresses says:

hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again soon..