To Our Readers

Album Snippets: Nelly Furtado – ‘The Spirit Indestructible’

NELLY FURTADO THE SPIRIT INDESTRUCTIBLE Album Snippets: Nelly Furtado   The Spirit Indestructible

With anticipation for its release dwindling, Nelly Furtado releases snippets from her latest LP ‘The Spirit Indestructible’ today, two weeks before it becomes available for purchase.

Sure to surprise any who believed its singles marked the best of the project, the snippets showcase a number of worth while listens, including a duet with ‘NAS‘ and a cut we’ve taken a liking to, ‘Waiting For The Night“.

Enjoy below…

1. |
    September 7, 2012 at 1:15 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

The album is shaping up to be amazing! I’m definitely buying the deluxe when it comes out :) So eclectic and unique, a perfect follow-up to ‘Loose’ imo. I hope people don’t write this album off just because of how its first 2 singles did. The singles are obviously NOT the best tracks on the album.

2. |
    September 7, 2012 at 1:16 pm
    Ernest says:

I totally forgot she had a new record coming out. I didn’t listen to the clips because I’m not a fan but I wish her well with this project.

3. |
    September 7, 2012 at 1:19 pm
    Monstarebel says:

This era sucks!

4. |
    September 7, 2012 at 1:20 pm
    Noel says:

Hmmm…idk about this. Loose was such a great album, but overall, I’m not really feeling this. There are some solid ones, but idk. I know she’s always had a distinct voice, but it’s really grating on some tracks or maybe that’s just me.

• |
      September 7, 2012 at 4:53 pm
      credits says:

It’s not just you….i hear it too.

5. |
    September 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm
    theman says:

The snippets sound really good. She should have released “Parking Lot”, first or seond. But she has some nice songs on this album.

6. |
    September 7, 2012 at 3:30 pm
    Haw says:

It’s different, and I f*****’ love it!
    However, “loose” is still my fav album.

7. |
    September 7, 2012 at 5:36 pm
    Marcus says:

Why did she not just stick with Timbaland?!

8. |
    September 7, 2012 at 5:40 pm
    SENTFROMUPABOVE says:

pop masterpiece ???? :D

9. |
    September 7, 2012 at 6:21 pm
    Casual says:

Okay project, but the problem is, I don’t like most of the dance tracks from this dance artist. I don’t hear a Promiscuous level dance cut here. A few standouts (since I bothered to fast forward my way through the songs):

Waiting for the Night (3:30) – potential hit, but tbh, I don’t really want to listen to this again.

Believers (5:30) takes me back to the 80s – maybe Stevie Nicks or something. Okay track, but again, it won’t be on repeat.

Be OK (7:30) is my favorite track in this collection. Has a kind of old school John Lennon vibe.

Thoughts (8:01) – pretty good. Good international vibe. Reminds me a little of Life in a Northern Town by Dream Academy.

That’s all I got.

10. |
    September 7, 2012 at 8:05 pm
    ARFA says:

That voice is annoying!! She needs to tone it down..

11. |
    September 8, 2012 at 1:16 am
    BRNDNA says:

What some people need to understand about this record is that she didn’t want to repeat the ‘Loose’ era. This is album reflects her ‘Whoa. Nelly!’ era infused with modern music. It reflects the music created during that time. The real Furtado is seen in this album! I LOVE IT!

12. Vote

[...] – ‘The Spirit Indestructible’ That Grape Juice Fri, September 7, 2012 6:05 PM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

13. |
    September 8, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) says:

I’m Buying This :)

14. |
    September 8, 2012 at 11:44 pm
    commanderofthedancefloor says:

i like it.

15. |
    September 16, 2012 at 9:39 pm
    M.O. says:

Well, I ‘ve always been a Nelly Furtado fan, primarily due to her previous achievements ( the well recieved debut ‘ Woah Nelly ! ‘, the commercially less successful, but meaningful and deep ‘ Folklore ‘, the commercial revolution ‘ Loose ‘ and surprising ‘ Mi Plan ‘ ). Therefore, I will be glad to purchase her upcoming album. However, according to the sneek peek above, it seems to be alot duller than what I was hoping for.

The songs that I have deveoped an interest for are :
    Big Hoops ( The Bigger The Better )
    The Spirit Indestructible
    Parking Lot
    and Something ft. Nas.

Even so, I have to say that I am pushing myself a little bit father than I would have if it wasn ‘t by a fomerly favourite artist.

So on Tuesday/18/09/2012, I will be at the HMV cash register with my copy of The Spirit Indistructible in my hands, hoping to further hear and eventually enjoy the songs that exclude the list I have provided above.

Keep – er going Nelly !