Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Frank Ocean: Stevie Wonder Apologizes Over ‘Gay Confusion’ Remarks

Stevie Wonder and Frank Ocean Frank Ocean: Stevie Wonder Apologizes Over Gay Confusion Remarks

No more than a week after their publication, Stevie Wonder has been forced to apologize over remarks he made on Frank Ocean‘s sexuality in an interview with The Guardian.

Full story below…

In an interview with the British publication, Wonder had this to say on Ocean’s truth baring letter:

People can feel connected, they bond. I’m not saying all [gay people are confused]. Some people have a desire to be with the same sex. But that’s them.

However, he has now retracted the above statement by way of a statement released to The Advocate hours ago. A statement which reads:

“I’m sorry that my words about anyone feeling confused about their love were misunderstood. No one has been a greater advocate for the power of love in this world than I; both in my life and in my music.

Clearly, love is love, between a man and a woman, a woman and a man, a woman and a woman and a man and a man. What I’m not confused about is the world needing much more love, no hate, no prejudice, no bigotry and more unity, peace and understanding. Period.”

Source.

• September 2, 2012 at 6:41 am
    Honestly Speaking says:

He shouldn’t have made those comments in the first place. You would think that with him being someone who used to march and campaign for civil rights that he would have a bit more understanding and compassion for the gay community. It was so uncalled for and ignorant of him to say. I’m glad that he apologized and maybe from now on he can just stick to the music and work on his receding hairline.

lol Replied:

You went wayyyyyyy over board with your comment , he just stated his opinion and then apologized when he ment no harm or fowl

Truth(theREALISTubitch) Replied:

U wrong girl…BECAUSE he championed the under dogs all his life u should know he meant no harm.

James227 Replied:

Because that what Stevie really felt and probably got feedback from his comments so now he wanted to apologize about it. LMAO

toohotfortv Replied:

well, sometimes saying you’re sorry isn’t enough. i’m sure there are a lot of gay people who were deeply hurt by his comments…. and that’s because he has been looked at as such a pillar of “love”. nothing hurts more than being surprised in that way.

What a B!TCH Replied:

Stevie Wonder should man up and stick by his words…but that’s too late. He blatently caved into the backlash of his opinion on the matter. Too late Stevie…

FAF Replied:

shut the f*** up.. stevie wonder = TRUE LEGEND no like that gimmick Lil Kim you praise!! PERIOD

• September 2, 2012 at 6:50 am
    TIMMI says:

Well we all knew that was coming…

• September 2, 2012 at 7:11 am
    Whatever says:

He should have NOT apologized!!! Why can’t people have their own opinion about homossexuality?? Why I can’t say I don’t agree that people of the same sex should have a sexual relationship, without being attacked and called homophobic?!! Will my dislike about gays change the fact that you are one? No, because it’s just an freakin opinion! Gay people needs to chill out and stop attacking people that doesn’t like what they do! Stevie was being sincere about how he feels, with all the attacks he decided to apologize and switch his words to an unsincere answer in order to please the gay community, that loves to make people feel intimidated about them!!! Gays can gang up on whoever they want, that will never change the fact that some people don’t agree with their behavior……and attack me all you want, it will just prove my point right and it will not change my opinion!!!!!!

Monstarebel Replied:

Exactly if that’s the way he feels then that’s the way he feels!! I’m not guna loss no sleep over it!

Shaquinisha-Rose Replied:

Its not about ‘what they do’. Its about who they are. Homosexuality is NOT a choice, therefore if they are being criticised for something out of their control then they have a right to stand up for themselves. People should be made accountable when/if they are being prejudice.

In other words if someone doesn’t like you because you are gay, that’s like saying I don’t like you because you are a woman…comprende??? SMH

toohotfortv Replied:

which would be misogyny…. or, i don’t like you because you’re black/asian/latino/etc that would be racist. SO let’s call it what it is, HOMOPHOBIA.

• September 2, 2012 at 7:28 am
    Monstarebel says:

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE RETRACT THERE STATEMENTS, LIKE HE KNOW HE MEANT EVERYTHING HE SAID BUT NOW HE GOT BACKLASH FROM IT HE WANTS TO APOLOGIZE!! SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY!

• September 2, 2012 at 7:40 am
    DOSSOME says:

Why is he apologizing when he clearly meant no harm…For all we know,Ocean might be straight and just using an old fling to generate hype 4 channel orange…No offence but LGBT need to stop being so gullible by falling for the LGBT card everytime celebrities use it….i personally think ocean is as straight as king solomon coz its so unusual that just one fling can get someone to come out,he wasn’t even clear abt his sexuality yet gay people were already too overjoyed…

Truth(theREALISTubitch) Replied:

Bcus ppl like honestly speakin comes down on him for simply stating an opinion. Because of how he fights for the rejects of society EVERYONE should know he meant no harm.

toohotfortv Replied:

Well, sometimes I think black people are confused. You know, they really want to be white. I’m not saying all feel that way, but the one’s that don’t. that’s just them….

s*** don’t sound right do it? Hell naw…. try again

• September 2, 2012 at 9:11 am
    poor stevie says:

Well… Its good to SEE he has SEEN the error of his ways.

MC Replied:

Cheap shot and not even funny……..get some class

• September 2, 2012 at 9:43 am
    Tc23 says:

People need to stop being so f****** sensitive! I’m a gay man and I had no problem with him expressing an opinion. I knew he would have to say something the way ppl started jumping down his thoart. Its seriously like no one can express their opinion anymore damn!

Darianna Jones Replied:

In today’s society, celebrities are condemned for what they say and celebrated for what they do, which is usually dumb s***…..smh

WTF Replied:

Yeah like you w****!

• September 2, 2012 at 9:57 am
    Benron (King Of The Navy) says:

What the person above me has said is agreeable.

His comments were not offensive, in no way or interpratation do I understand anyone getting offended by him saying sometimes PEOPLE (never did he specify only) confuse close freindship for love. CLEARLY, if you are SEXUALLY attracted to males he is not saying your not gay, he never even commented on how he feels about being gay, so Im yet too see the hate.

THE LGBT community needs to stop looking for “homophobics” to bully, its very rude. I could understand if he said something bad but he didnt.

James227 Replied:

This is why people are moving away from Frank Ocean and that LGBT taking thing out of content.

• September 2, 2012 at 10:22 am
    MC says:

Let me say this, I agree with the majority of the comments. I don’t think Stevie meant any harm by his earlier comment, because he has always been an advocate of love/ civil rights/ etc…and he was being honest, unlike others who say whatever to please the LGBT community. He is now apologizing for the misinterpretation of his words, not for his statement. Like someone said eariler the LGBT community need to calm down and stop being sensative to people that disagree with your life style and love life.

I personally feel that being gays is not a choice and that homosexuals should have the right to marry and raise a family if they want, but my parents disagree……who am I to change what they think? You have to know that some people will agree with you while others won’t.

poor stevie Replied:

What a load of s***! its up to us as people to educate other people then if they still beleive in what they think then so be it but at lease educate people you dumb lazy fucker.

MC Replied:

Are you kidding me? People can believe whatever the f*** they want to believe. Why do you need the validation of other people? Get your s*** together! If a person is not comfortable with gay marriage or life style then that’s them you have to realize that you can’t change how people feel/think……you need to call down.

poor stevie Replied:

Hello dumb f*** I never said people cant believe what they want learn to read I said that people should be educated then if they still want to believe it then fine I guess its hard for some one like you who has had NO education in ur life.
    Thats why some much rasic crime and hatred starts grow the f*** up!
    You c*** face b****.

Darianna Jones Replied:

Really? Slow down with the name calling, sweetness. Whatever point you were trying to make went out the window with the “cunts” and “dumbfucks”

#HaveACoke

poor stevie Replied:

And..?

MC Replied:

@poor stevie CLEARLY, you are upset so I’ll wait until you mature and are ready to have a conversation without the name dropping. While you are at it get a life, okay? Good life and Goodbye :)

poor stevie Replied:

dont be bitter and pissed cos ur mum charges you to suck her c*** hahaha and your dad pays ur next door neighbor for sex and lets you watch for a fee its not my fault you realy want to get f***** by Frank you c*** HAHAHAHA
    It must be hard for you cos you’ll never be the man your mother is HAHAHA
    It must be hard for you to love nature…. despite what it did to you?
    I’ll stop bullying your fat family, they have enough on their plate.
    And we all know you are so fake that Barbie look real. And i’ll make sure to get some condoms for you mom so she doesn’t make the same mistake, twice.
    You hideous Looking c***!

WTF Replied:

Darianna Jones you always get involved get a life then get a job then find a rock and kill yourself under it you w****.

• September 2, 2012 at 11:22 am
    Darianna Jones says:

I didn’t take any offense to what he said because, honestly, there are people in the LGBT community who don’t really know what they want, or “confused”. Stevie was not saying “All gays/lesbians/bisexuals are confused. Same sex relationships are just a phase”. He was just stating his opinion that in today’s society where the subject is still taboo, people still aren’t even sure how to explore that terrain.

And no, he DIDN’T need to apologize. The man is very educated and clearly was not trying to be offensive. The fact that he made such a fast apology can attest to that. If you want to take it the wrong way, that’s you. But being a homosexual male, I know who I am and what makes me. Whatever words come out of somebody else’s mouth isn’t going to change that.

• September 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    Girrrl says:

Stevie just apologized fr how it was interpreted not what he said.

Everyone doesn’t have to approve of the gay lifestyle. I don’t and I ain’t apologizing. :P

• September 2, 2012 at 8:50 pm
    *** says:

Stevie’s apologize was inevitable. The world is operated by gay and even the blind can see that. Is the man telling a lie. Are not some of them confused. Be honest now

Shaquinisha-Rose Replied:

Yes, the Gays run the world…That’s why they are still treated like second class citizens…SMH

• September 3, 2012 at 2:29 am
    Biting Truth says:

He shouldn’t have apologized for s***. I’m tired of celebrity cowering to whiny ass bitches in the gay community that are so thin skinned that they have a seizure any time someone says something that isn’t 100% compliant to them. My opinion of homosexuality is much more blunt than Stevie’s…