350c092232a4f3520081e0c4e657e3f9 Whitney Houston Documentary Set For October As New Greatest Hits Package Is Unveiled

As reported here, the R. Kelly-penned/guested ‘I Look To You’ is one of many remastered gems listed on ‘I Will Always Love You:  The Best of Whitney Houston’.

Landing in stores on November 13th, the greatest hits set, featuring two decades worth of favorites from the late diva, is also feature the Jermaine Dupri/Bryan Michael Cox-produced song “Never Give Up”.

But, before diehard Houston fans can snatch the new compilation album from stores, they’ll get a treat in the form of a documentary weeks before the album’s release…

Already playing host to ‘On Our Own’ - the Houston family reality series (produced by Pat Houston) that chronicles family member’s (Pat, Gary, Bobbi Kristina, Cissy) lives post-Whitney, the Lifetime network has unveiled news of a new Whitney-themed documentary entitled ‘Remembering Whitney’.

Due Wednesday, October 17 at 9 p.m.  ET/PT, the documentary is said to be filled with private home videos, behind the scenes footage, candid clips from Bobbi Kristina, and other salutes to the legendary entertainer.  Fans looking to see ‘On Our Own’ can catch its premiere the following Wednesday, October 24 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT.

All of this will precede the November 13th unveiling of her greatest hits package.  See its tracklisting below:

I Will Always Love You — The Best of Whitney Houston

1. “You Give Good Love”
2. “Saving All My Love for You”
3. “How Will I Know?” (Remastered)
4. “Greatest Love of All”
5. “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” (Remastered)
6. “Didn’t We Almost Have It All”
7. “So Emotional” (Remastered)
8. “Where Do Broken Hearts Go?”
9. “I’m Your Baby Tonight”
10. “All the Man That I Need”
11. “I Will Always Love You”
12. “I’m Every Woman”
13. “I Have Nothing” (Remastered)
14. “Exhale (Shoop Shoop)”
15. “I Believe in You and Me” (Film Version)
16. “My Love Is Your Love”
17. “I Look to You” (with R. Kelly)
18. “Never Give Up”

(source)

• September 25, 2012 at 9:16 pm
    Beyonce's Kryptonite says:

Well. Well. Well. It was a matter of time that Pat Houston copped her opportunity to bank off of Whitney’s death.

Whitney – I will always love you. Your musical legacy lives forever. See you in Heaven!

James Replied:

Uhhh ur wrong Whitney had 3 more albums to finish in her contract with Arista/RCA, plus it helps to extend the legacy of someone who should most certainly be remembered. And the album has songs on it that need to be remastered so that you can hear that beautiful even more clearly.

• September 25, 2012 at 9:22 pm
    MC says:

This is so bittersweet! I miss her so much, I still to this day can’t believe she is no longer with us. Its a lot like MJ, I can’t believe we lost them both. Regardless of it all, they are where they belong – in heave with God. RIP gems, treasures, and valued possessions of the world.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

I so agree with that last sentence “gems, treasures and valued possessions of the world”

• September 25, 2012 at 9:22 pm
    Back2Business says:

RIP to the GREATEST VOICE of ALL TIME!!

• September 25, 2012 at 9:32 pm
    JJFan1814 says:

Where the f*** is Heartbreak Hotel & Million Dollar Bill?!

LOLA Replied:

and “my love is your love” and “its not right but its ok”, etc….

danny b Replied:

My Love Is Your Love is on there.

• September 25, 2012 at 11:02 pm
    LOLA says:

NOt feeling that tracklisting

• September 25, 2012 at 11:10 pm
    BLUE The Real HIVE says:

Best female to ever come out music

• September 25, 2012 at 11:33 pm
    danny b says:

I will be getting this because im a die hard Whitney fan. But I hate that the tracklist caters only to her early days. Though Whitney may not have sold as many records in the new millenium as she did in the 80s and 90s, her music was still timeless and quintessential Whitney. Songs like “Heartbreak Hotel” “Its Not Right But Its Okay” “When You Believe” and “I Learned From the Best” were all huge hits and sowcased a maturer more grown up Whitney. Hell, even “One Of Those Days”,”Million Dollar Bill” and “I Didnt Know My Own Strength” showed that Whitney was STILL the Voice. Hell, by even adding these songs would make it an edge up of the current Greatest Hits thats been selling the past couple years. So I dont think this tracklist does anything to justify that its the “BEST of Whitney Houston”… Pretty much her whole discography of singles showed her Best, even in times of hardship, she gave the “best” she could. But whatever I guess.

Tia Replied:

These singles are from when Whitney was in her prime…showcasing her best vocal ability. It should be all 80′s and early 90′s because thats when she was at her best .

• September 26, 2012 at 12:57 am
    mr.m says:

FLOP

[...] New Greatest Hits Package Is Unveiled That Grape Juice Wed, September 26, 2012 2:12 AM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

• September 26, 2012 at 4:03 am
    selena says:

Excited to join thank u.

• September 26, 2012 at 5:07 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Whitney girl… I will always listen to you, almost every day I do and will do
    At least the album is tasteful in the sense that the cut R Kelly has re recorded is so beautiful and respectful, and give us some new Whitney vocals we didn´t hear before

But what I can´t understand is how there is not lots and lots of dvd material from Whintey´s out of this univerve live performances in the 80´s. I mean she is The voice and the best LIVE singer in music history and it seems they don´t have any decent material from all the concerts and tours she did in the 80´s?? Her absolute vocal prime? I can´t understand. What was Clive Davis thinking? We just have to endure listening to recordongs people uploads on youtube from concerts they attended 25 years ago with the bad quality and all. It seems they decided to do it only from 1990 and on? The two she did in Japan around 1990, some Latin American concerts from The Bodyguard tour and the South Africa one… and then Those two concerts in Washington in 1997… and that´s it????? cos man listening to amateur recordings from Whitney´s first tour and the second one in the 80´s is just like listening to God or something, f****** incredible (and I´m an atheist)

Tia Replied:

The concert in 87 when she’s performing at Madison Square Gardens is awesome…as well as when she’s singing I’m changing in a blue outfit. Also the Welcome Home Heroes concert and when she sings “In Return” in the yellow jumpsuit. Clive Davis has performances I bet no one has ever seen…he’s probably waiting on the right time to release them so he can capitalize off of them.

• September 26, 2012 at 5:57 am
    B. Mike says:

That tracklisting absolutely sucks. Whitney needs a DOUBLE-DISC release, and really, they should put more than just the HUGE HITS on there. Where’s “Run to You”, where’s “Queen of the Night”, where’s Million Dollar Bill?

If you’re going to do a posthumous compilation for THE VOICE, please do it right. And that cover? Not feeling it at all. Whitney was gorgeous — she has photos WAAAY better than the one they chose.

[...] a new greatest hits collection (November 13th) and tribute documentary (October 17th) in motion to pop legend Whitney Houston, it [...]

• April 9, 2013 at 11:03 pm
    win on qubids says:

Thanks for ones nice blog. I enjoy your writing.

[…] As reported here, Lifetime was set to honor the life of late, great pop icon Whitney Houston with a new documentary entitled ‘The Houstons Remember Whitney‘.  The hourlong documentary, which aired October 17th, was full of candid behind the scenes footage of the songstress and included never-before-seen interviews with the starlet and her family. […]