Kelly Rowland Announces New Album Title

kelly rowland year of the woman thatgrapejuice e1349876288951 Kelly Rowland Announces New Album Title

After ample teasing, ‘Motivation’ maestra Kelly Rowland has revealed the title of her hotly anticipated fourth studio album.

What are you waiting for? The speculation ends after the jump!

Taking to her newly relaunched official website, the Destiny’s Child alumni wrote:

“I’m so excited to reveal the title of my fourth solo studio album. For weeks I have been using the hashtag #YOTW which stands for my next album which is titled…

‘Year Of the Woman’

This album is one of my greatest pieces of work and I cannot wait to share it with you guys! xoxo- KR”

***********

The ‘Ice’ led set is slated for a first quarter 2013 release. We’re excited…are you?!

• October 10, 2012 at 8:45 am
    Larry says:

SUPER EXCITED!!!! KELLY IS MY ROWLDAWG!!! (PUN INTENDED) CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR IT! #YOTW

• October 10, 2012 at 8:51 am
    Matthew Charlery-Smith says:

YEAR OF THE WEAVE-ON! Yay Kelly!

Beyonce’s Tumblr Post:

Hey everyone, I’m proud to announce my remix album, “4.5″ coming out the same day as Kelly’s! Remember, “A Star Is Born!”

kimberly Replied:

I guess you are one of those who did not learn from the last project and your silly comparisons. hold your breath and i will not even continue. peace

JuanR Replied:

lol

• October 10, 2012 at 8:53 am
    amina says:

This title sound good the visual is incredible THE LOGO on the new website is crazy.

I just can’t wait.

Shine kelly shine

[...] Rowland Announces New Album Title That Grape Juice Wed, October 10, 2012 1:42 PM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

• October 10, 2012 at 8:55 am
    BEYONCE'S WEAVE says:

Beyonce, the jealous b**** will make sure Kelly sees no success. That BeyFlop b**** stole a vibe cover from Kelly at the time her album was supposed to be released. That b**** leaked her album at the time Kelly was releasing “Here I am”. I am wondering why Kelly cant see just how shady BeyFlop is, watch what she’ll do to her this time. Kelly is in an abusive relationship with her so called sister.

DOSSOME Replied:

besides beyonce there is actually life…don’t make her your life

kimberly Replied:

…. and that should be the reason beyonce should not continue to work and satisfy her fans because kelly is making music. That will not prevent her from releasing her album in 2013 though and putting away 4 that has blessed her with countless nominations, still after a year and over 10 US awards.

Queen Adele Replied:

IKR This why i have no respect for her, she always does this type of s*** every time kelly is releasing an album.

DTG Replied:

…and in other news, Rihanna still has a big ass forehead.

• October 10, 2012 at 8:55 am
    islandboi242 says:

Yess!! i cant wait to here new music from this album..i am so happy that she is finally starting this era

• October 10, 2012 at 8:55 am
    RoyalKev says:

I actually like the title! Something about it is very refreshing. Well Done!

• October 10, 2012 at 8:58 am
    Matthew Charlery-Smith says:

Seriously though, since she’s taken a similar idea to Ne-Yo’s “The Year of the Gentleman” I hope this album DOES contain real good quality content and we can quietly shred any memory of that “Here I Am” album which was 2 years too late and failed to make any waves!

I’m up for:

Good quality dance music/songs such as “When Love Takes Over”, “Commander”, “What A Feeling”, “Down For Whatever”.

Some amazing, soulful ballads a la “Simply Deep”, “Heaven”, “Obsession”

Deep, meaningful songs like “Still in Love With My Ex”, “No Man, No Cry”, “Love”

Interesting collaborations like “Gotsta Go”, “Daylight”

A duet with LeToya Luckett (She wants to empower women too)

A tribute (not necessarily a cover) to both Donna Summer and Whitney Houston so the songs have a great combination of both music AND vocals. Both of which Kelly can and HAS delivered in the past.

We’ll see!

• October 10, 2012 at 9:00 am
    DOSSOME says:

i love the title but she needs to come much harder this time round

• October 10, 2012 at 9:00 am
    Girrrl says:

Oh she is still trying to have a solo career? She just needs to hang it up. I predict another flop and a bunch of singles with features since she can’t stand alone.

TYLER* Replied:

OKAY… EVEN THOUGH I’M A ROWLDOG…. I HAVE TO ADMIT…. I THINK SHE WILL HAVE ALOT OF FEATURES AS WELL…. I HOPE NOT THOUGH… I HOPE THIS GOES BACK TO THE SIMPLY DEEP AND MS. KELLY ERA….

HONESTLY TO ME THE BEST ERA WAS WHEN SHE WAS RELEASING “COMMANDER/ WLTO/ RCG & GAW” SHE WAS ON TO SOMETHING THERE!

kelly Replied:

I agree. She will always be Beyonce’s back up singer and the woman who got sacked from uk xfactor.

• October 10, 2012 at 9:00 am
    cume says:

This title suggests that Kelly is not a selfish person and celebrates the success of every woman irrespective of their field of expertise. The gurl has a vision and its accomplishment is a huge success for her so b4 the “she’s a flop” ppl start commenting, remember YOU DID NOT SEND/BRING HER INTO THE MUSIC INDUSTRY THEREFORE YOU CAN’T RATE HER AS A SUCCESS OR A FLOP, ONLY SHE & GOD CAN DO THAT.

GAJE Replied:

BOOM! YOU BETTER PREACH IT…

• October 10, 2012 at 9:02 am
    DOSSOME says:

plz make YOTW your best….i love you

• October 10, 2012 at 9:05 am
    JJFan1814 says:

soooo SAM! You threw SHADE at Rihanna’s album title “Seven” but you’re not going to say Kelly is jacking NE-YO

YOU BIASED POWER-BOTTOM MUTHAFUCKA

Teacher Replied:

‘YOU BIASED POWER-BOTTOM MUTHAFUCKA’

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• October 10, 2012 at 9:07 am
    Diva says:

I’m so excited about Kelly’s new project! As for Beyonce anouncing her album plans so freakin what!!! That is not gonna stop Kelly from shining WHAT SO EVER! I love Beyonce too but those days of Kelly being in Beys shadow is a done deal! It’s OLD NEWS! Get ovveeerrr it! Kelly will always be my fave… but I respect Bey & her music as well. I wish both nothing but the best! This is great news for #R&B

• October 10, 2012 at 9:22 am
    A says:

mmmm, too simple to use it for a supposed hot album.

Music tittles should be more original, specially if you are a mainstream/worldwide artist. just my opinion

• October 10, 2012 at 9:26 am
    truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b**** says:

chile who cares,,,(drops mic and leave THIS post

Queen Adele Replied:

lol “drops mic..’ the shade

• October 10, 2012 at 9:30 am
    Chester says:

I think it will do well this time….. I’m just praying to god she doesn’t waste this project… Here I Am was a really good album but she didn’t even promote it :\ & There was ALOT of songs that could of been singles !

• October 10, 2012 at 9:38 am
    SLAYING YOU HOES says:

KELLY ROWLAND BETTER PROMOTE THIS ALBUM !!!!
    SHE IS SERIOUSLY UNDERRATED IN THE US !!!
    HERE IN THE UK SHE HAS 2 PLATINUM ALBUMS !!!
    - HERE I AM FAILED HERE IT MIGHT GO GOLD LATER ON
    - I WANT HER TO BE BIG IN THE STATES

Matthew Charlery-Smith Replied:

She’s had one #1 platinum album in the UK, “Simply Deep”.

“Dilemma” was also certified platinum and “When Love Takes Over” was certified Gold here in the UK.

SLAYING YOU HOES Replied:

Dummy stop listen to wiki… Ms Kelly was certified platinum it 2008 a year later after it came out…. Go to the UK’s music site dumb ass

• October 10, 2012 at 9:43 am
    King B & Kelly fan :)) says:

Kelly I want you to be SUCCESSFUL because you really deserve to shine !!
    PROMOTE THIS album & SLAY this era !!
    #YOTW !!

• October 10, 2012 at 9:49 am
    FAN OF BEY UK says:

I look at some of her old posts & people call Kelly a flop…
    I like Kelly Rowland but people don’t realize how big she is out of the states
    She’s actually a international star…

BUT i really wish her the best for this album

• October 10, 2012 at 10:29 am
    kimberly says:

… and let the comparsons begin. Do you guys know how foolish you sound. Why are people claiming that kellyis in bey’s shadow. She parted with her manager years ago aslo signed to different labels and still the same s***! Should Beyonce retire for the sake of kelly. I love kelly but she have to do her thing right or just don’t blame anyone if the general public is not interested. Her first solo album came out before beyonce’s and still didn’t capture much people. what the f*** does that tell you. Keep blaming beyonce for kelly’s failure. I didnt even know kelly had a new album coming but, there is no hype or past reports. I know beyonce have projects in the works. so what!!
    Please let these two be friends cause whatever separation you are trying will not happen. They are sisters and friends that will never part.

sweetheart Replied:

Stop with your unneccesary shade boo. Putting Kelly down for no reason is making you look like the foolish one. I recall several times Kelly has stated and never once blamed Beyonce, Matthew Knowles or anyone for her past. She blamed herself for not standing up for herself bcuz at the end of the day she’s the artist. She is not looking back only forward! & you need to do the same. She is almost like a New artist so she is rebuilding a fan base. & don’t act like you did not know Kelly has an album coming out soon… she’s had a successful single out for months now on urban radio all with no promotion.

• October 10, 2012 at 10:47 am
    monstarebel says:

Not hating but this album will flop especially if ice is still her first single

Ren Replied:

You’re a f*****.

• October 10, 2012 at 10:54 am
    shakona says:

People put too much focus on kellys “failures” but what about her accomplishments they may not go head to head beyonce’s but for someone who was lookes at as only a background singer Mrs Rowland how done damn well for herself. She has gotten jobs and endorsements and have had hit records and won plenty awards she has been nominated for two grammys all after Mathew and now she has her own bet sitcom. This woman has come a long way from being a so called backup singer she has come a long way starting dilemma, to when loves takes over to motivation all of this years she has kept herself afloat she is still working and puttinf doubters to shame why not give her compliments for her trying to make a name outside of being someone stepping stool. Give her props for grinding making a name for her self as a idividual.

• October 10, 2012 at 10:56 am
    shakona says:

And Ice has defeated the odds to people love that song and its doing great on urban and rhythmic

• October 10, 2012 at 11:11 am
    williNalli says:

#YearOftheWoman will be a MASTERPIECE, just like her.

GAJE Replied:

YOU BETTER PREACH IT!!!

• October 10, 2012 at 11:13 am
    kelly says:

No one is going to buy this and she will be dropped for the second time. Rihanna is the only black woman selling around the world. No wants wants to but black women anymore. Not the dark skin ones. The only women of color selling is Rihanna Emeli Sande, Rebecca Feguson, Alicia Keys, Liane La Havas. That is it! Rihanna is fair skin and the rest are mixed race.

Rihanna is the only BLACK WOMEN ON THE ITUNES CHART, along with biracial Alicia keys. I forgot to add Nicki who wears pink and blonde wigs. Nicki is not dark skin.

acem Replied:

Your brain runs on a near equal amount of hot air and b*******. No one here takes anything you say seriously. You’re the epitome of a joke. :lol:

And in the meantime Rihanna’s song is still flopping and she still has a alien-shaped forehead.

• October 10, 2012 at 11:15 am
    kelly says:

Alexandra Burke, Misha B, Kelly Rowland, Ciara…all the black women are failing. Only light and mixed women sell – even then, they dont sell that much.

• October 10, 2012 at 11:16 am
    KELLYFAN! says:

GO KELLY!!!!!!!!!

• October 10, 2012 at 11:18 am
    kelly says:

It is like the world has turned it’s back on dark skin black women. From movies, music, fashion, celeb girlfriends…..UK / USA dark skin black women are done!

• October 10, 2012 at 11:24 am
    williNalli says:

We are not just ready for #YearOftheWoman, we were BORN READY. :)

• October 10, 2012 at 11:30 am
    Auntie_Jackie says:

Kelly looks great in these promo photos. I always get mad at her for not being “tight” with promo and promo schedules, but I, like her other fans, have to remember that’s she’s had much success as a solo artist and with DC. It’s not like she’s worried about being forgotten about.

Still want for her to get to the next level of popularity as a solo artist, though.

• October 10, 2012 at 12:14 pm
    Myrl22 says:

IM NOT GONNA TELL HER TO PROMOTE HER STUFF NO MORE… SHE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED WITH HERE I AM SO IMMA JUST HOPE SHE’S LEARNED HER LESSON. but seeing the way she is handling #ICE i hardly see anything different coming. I guess this time around, imma lower my expectation and let her prove me wrong. I WILL BE KELLY #1 FAN FOR LIFE. I WOW TO ALWAYS SUPPORT HER PROJECT BECAUSE HER SONGS INSPIRE ME. but im tired of her killing her project left and right #FingerCrossed #TeamKelly

• October 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm
    Myrl22 says:

PLUS SHE NEEDED A DIFFERENT HAIR ON THAT RECORD. WHY NOT THE BIG HAIR???????/ ALL 3 PREVIOUS ALBUM HAD THE SAME BORING HAIR. KELLY ALREADY HAVE ME AS A FAN AND THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE COME RAIN OR SHINE BUT SHE NEEDS TO BRING SOME MORE EXCITEMENT FOR HER NEW FANS. SOMETHING CATCHY AND UP TO DATE. THE HAIR IS BORING.

• October 10, 2012 at 2:05 pm
    Lola says:

Can’t Wait!!!!

And Hopefully She’s Still Doing That Sitcom :)

• October 10, 2012 at 3:18 pm
    Peter Griffin says:

I like ‘Ice’ but she needs to bring out something harder. Waiting for that international lead single. I said I’m waiting!

• October 10, 2012 at 3:42 pm
    GAJE says:

KR IN THE BUILDING…. SHE WILL SLAY THIS GO ROUND. KR AINT PLAYING

• October 10, 2012 at 5:50 pm
    Why can't these chicks let Brandy LIVE? says:

Seems like everybody wanna come out and announce something since Brandy’s been heating up. Am I right or am I wrong?

sweetheart Replied:

U couldn’t be any wronger boo…Kelly have been working on her new album since the release of her last album here I am last year and was expected to release the album this yr now it will be the beginning of next yr. Kelly is not gonna stop her projects bcuz Brandy is releasing an album…. the show will continue to go on…. she’s had a successful urban single out for several months now; no need to make up ish bcuz another artist is releasing material aroung the same time.

Kayla Replied:

Ya I love Brandy’s new album http://bit.ly/QQuy3L

• October 10, 2012 at 6:00 pm
    muni says:

I just cant wait so excited Oh KELLY how you gonna do me like that I love you to death, bring IT ON #YOTW Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

• October 10, 2012 at 6:16 pm
    RUDE NAVY says:

hope the material is as good as the title , her albums always had good titles , but apart of her debut album , her material wasn’t so good IMO.

• October 10, 2012 at 7:25 pm
    Anne says:

I think that’s the perfect title for Kelly since she has not really had her ‘year’ yet and she is boldly declaring that the upcoming year will finally be hers. But it will only work if the material is strong enough to support the title. I hope for her sake the other songs are better than ‘Ice’ because that sounds like just a warm-up in my opinion. She has to come harder if she wants to live up to her album title instead of allowing it to become a meaningless figure of speech.

• October 10, 2012 at 7:32 pm
    Anne says:

As for Beyonce, she’s gonna come out with something when the time is right for her, probably regardless of whether Kelly is coming out at the same time or not. She can’t be babysitting or tip toeing around Kelly’s schedule. Friends is one thing but business is business. Kelly’s fans need to stop acting like Kelly is some little kid at Beyonce’s mercy. Kelly is a grown a$$ woman and Beyonce has no responsibility to baby her or plan her career around Kelly’s next move. You guys sound crazy with this ‘Beyonce should wait and let Kelly go first’ nonsense. If Kelly can’t take the heat the you know what she needs to do.

• October 10, 2012 at 8:57 pm
    Julia says:

Kelly Rowland has to release and perform “Unity” live once and for all. Even ADELE loves this song !! Make it happen Universal Motown and help Kelly go #1 worldwide — it’s a HIT !

• October 10, 2012 at 10:08 pm
    Steph says:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO KELLY!!!! & thanks Sam :)

• October 10, 2012 at 10:53 pm
    Michael says:

I want Kelly to really SANNNNNG!!! on this album i love her ballads… I wish she would perform Heaven and Earth cause i know it means a lot to her:)

• October 11, 2012 at 8:43 am
    TM says:

That is my girl! Already has three singles out and they are all bad ass hell! Get it Kelly! Do your own thang! Teamkelly is in the house so step back jacks!