Watch: Nick Cannon Weighs In On Mariah Carey/Nicki Minaj Scuffle

9348091d467788a040dc7eb2d0a1c9c4 Watch:  Nick Cannon Weighs In On Mariah Carey/Nicki Minaj Scuffle

While Americans were glued to their T.V. sets this evening to watch the political spar of President Barack Obama and nominee Mitt Romney, Twitter was still alight from another highly publicized showdown – Mariah Carey vs. Nicki Minaj.

Splitting the divas’ devoted camps – a camp that once harmonized to the tune ‘Up Out My Face’ – have been up in arms since footage surfaced of the divas locked in a verbal catfight.

Now offering his two cents on the matter is Mr. Mariah Carey Nick Cannon.  Taking to AccessHollywood, see what Carey’s husband had to say about the aftermath of the scuffle:

Spotted @ Rap-Up!

• October 3, 2012 at 9:49 pm
    MC says:

Everything Nicki just said. What drew people to idol was the people not the panel.

• October 3, 2012 at 9:56 pm
    @091094_ Twitter says:

This has to be the juiciest beef in a long time, omg two very polarizing characters going head to head tbh Im with mariah coz she is more talented, her songs are timeless and she is just a legend, I still like nicki and always will but mariah anyday, and aint it weird because they done a song together, obviously that weren’t a organic pairing, just a set up by their labels, f*** you both for feeding us false hope that you two were actually friends

prettigurlrockD bitchesss Replied:

MC more talented, yes. Nicki still more personality and fun, vibrant.

LOvE N Happiness Replied:

you mean a fake and a lair and a loud mouth ghetto w****

nicki stole kims life Replied:

ha ha nicki is fake she stole kims life look n personality
    selling records is not about personality even though mc does have that

damn mcs dem babies farts n burps got more talent den sicki gimmick garbage

• October 3, 2012 at 9:57 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA says:

They gave him a part in the script too?! Lawd, American Idol is REALLY trying to bring back that flop show that now has nothing to do with the contestants, but the ridiculous judge panel they’ll probably rotate every season…

N Replied:

Everytime I see your name…………………………………………..

ENOUGH ONIKA Replied:

Ok???

• October 3, 2012 at 10:01 pm
    tits mcgee says:

Nicki is ghetto trash. Mariah is a legend. End of.

prettigurlrockD bitchesss Replied:

I’m sure she is a legend. On that note, plz go support “flopumphant”. She needs it.

That B*tch (I can't with these delusional stans) Replied:

Triumphant is actually pretty successful on the urban charts. She made the song for the urban demographic, not the Billboard 100 which is full of dance songs, so actually it cant really be considered a flop song because its not.

Heh Replied:

Your so-called “legend” is flopping more these days than she’s hitting.

LOvE N Happiness Replied:

@Heh she doesn’t need to prove her self anymore you lil s*** flushes you down the toilet bye bye

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

b**** MC is 20yrs in while that other b**** barely has her ft wet and already a has been…like yo pissy p**** mammy, c***

ck Replied:

But she still has more money than Nicki minaj LOLOL so wether she flops or not she remains the second best selling female artist of all time

That B*tch (I can't with these delusional stans) Replied:

I honestly don’t give 2 shits about Nicki but if Mariah was throwing shade then she deserved to be called out.Being a legend does not mean you get to treat people anyway you want. Treat others the way you wanna be treated.

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

U right, now shut up b****!

That B*tch (I can't with these delusional stans) Replied:

Lol @ Truth.
    I love you too h**.

• October 3, 2012 at 10:03 pm
    @091094_ Twitter says:

P.S Nick cannon looks like a fool, im not fooling for any of it, for example at one point he talk about the importance of the show and how important it is for the contestants to achieve their dreams AND then he goes on the say “win a million dollars or whatever these shows are about” contradicting much?

• October 3, 2012 at 10:04 pm
    tits mcgee says:

Pay scale tells all:

Mariah = 18mil
    Nicki = 7mil

Deal

Heh Replied:

…and?

EJ Replied:

Um no…Nicki $12 million. Big get it right…

EJ Replied:

b******

LOvE N Happiness Replied:

What the f*** ever she still making less than MC kiss my ass

That B*tch (I can't with these delusional stans) Replied:

I heard Nicki was making 8 mill, not 12.

Chester Replied:

No she’s getting 8 Million

theman Replied:

Nicki has eight mil not twelve…

JR Replied:

ummm isn’t Nicki earning 12 mill from this?

LOvE N Happiness Replied:

you can kiss my ass too

LOvE N Happiness Replied:

oh never mind dismissed self hehe

LOvE N Happiness Replied:

no i had it right the first time kiss my ass

[...] s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s); })(); Pin It Click on the photo to read the full story at That Grape Juice Watch: Nick Cannon Weighs In On Mariah Carey/Nicki Minaj Scuffle [...]

• October 3, 2012 at 10:23 pm
    Mr.Mr says:

This interview just makes me believe this ish is fake even more. Everybody knows if Mariah and Nicki would have really gotten into it, Nick would be on lock down and never do an interview on live TV, especially joking about he it.

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

Stfu h** u sound like a icki stan u c***

• October 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm
    LTM says:

This show probably wont be able to revive Nicki’s short lived “career” but it may revive itself with this beef. People now have a reason to watch Idol again

prettigurlrockD bitchesss Replied:

actually nicki is still relevant no matter if she is critised in a good way or bad way. Still making her name heard and prevalet. Where is Katy? O wait…no one cares.

AmbeRussell Replied:

katy got billboard woman of the year

• October 3, 2012 at 10:34 pm
    nicko says:

Mariah is strong ? Oh thats why she cried . WEAK b****

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

Yo mammy h**

ck Replied:

Haha only you saw her crying lol

• October 3, 2012 at 11:01 pm
    OMG A SITE FULL OF CUNTS says:

Nicki minaj + f*****+ Nick cannon= Angry Flophant mariah

LOvE N Happiness Replied:

2$ + 12 man in a back ally + your mom = ? your mom a h** b****

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

Dead

• October 3, 2012 at 11:20 pm
    christinastherealtalent says:

People there is no beef! This was just a desperate publicity stunt! This just proves how many of you are just like Perez Hilton, who hears a rumor, and runs with it, without collecting receipts first.

Anyway, I could give 2 f**** about Nick and his tired ass.

LDC Replied:

This was no publicity stunt. Mariah is too arrogant to let herself get told off on camera.

ENOUGH ONIKA Replied:

How can you be so gullible?? Seriously, your the media’s dream target market, easily persuaded and believe any d*mn thing you see on tv and read in magazines. #foolish

• October 3, 2012 at 11:24 pm
    Beyonce's Weave says:

OK This was clearly a publicity stunt because if it wasn’t, Nick would be in the dog house for even saying the word “interview” to miss Diva in the bedroom.

However if we take away the publicity stunt which it is and just look at the situation as a gullible viewer, I can say it is looking more and more like Mariah was a b**** to Nicki Minaj. Many media reports do confirm this after all.

According to the dailmail “During their first taping of the talent reality show on Sunday in New York, newcomers Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj are said to have talked over one other in a bid to be the most vocal judge.

The drama began when 29-year-old Super Bass singer Nicki starting critiquing a contestant, but despite it being her moment to reign, Mariah, 42, couldn’t resist butting in on several occasions.” reported on 17 sept 2012

This one was reported by Rolling out and it says, “Mariah Carey reportedly slammed down the phone in disgust when she was informed that superstar Nicki Minaj may well become a judge on “American Idol,” media outlets report.

To add insult to injury, Carey was told that Minaj was considered the top candidate for the position, both tmz.com and U.S. Weekly reported.”

And mouth to ears also reported “Nicki Minaj walked off of set because Mariah Carey kept making jabs at her. Nicki’s manager and team convinced her to come back to the show. Mariah kept at it and called Nicki a b**** and then proceeded to cuss her out. Producers had to stop filming and call it a night.” and so I don’t see how anyone can take Mariah’s side when it is clear she is the agitator. Mariah does have a history of being a b**** and a diva and so it wouldn’t surprise me if she was bullying Nicki Minaj and Nicki had enough, she had to defend herself if someone is belittling her, calling her names, talking over her and is making her job extremely frustrating.

It seems like Nicki Minaj was working under very strenuous and difficult conditions if we go by media reports. Mariah’s countless accolades and achievements does not give her a b**** pass, if you want to be respected, you better be willing to give respect. Mimi should try to act more like Celine Dion and Leona Lewis (who are better vocalists) who despite their countless accolades, still maintain their class, grace and composure. I cannot fault Nicki for defending herself in this situation except to say she could have handled it better, I may not be her biggest fan but if you’re working in such conditions, you have to speak up sometimes.

However it does seem more and more like FOX, 19 entertainment and Fremantle are trying to throw egg on our faces, after all it has gotten people talking about the show.

theman Replied:

Fake

nicki stole kims life Replied:

leona better then mariah ha er ok!!! compare there work and vocals no thanks

clearly u nicki fan right lol

ck Replied:

Puhlease Leona was a one hit album Mariah a legend and the second best selling female of all time

LOvE N Happiness Replied:

b**** you got dropped on your head as a baby didn’t you

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

DEAD!

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

b**** who gon read all that b*******…id rather read u, u STANK p**** h**!

• October 3, 2012 at 11:45 pm
    Steph says:

Nick is soo f****** handsome.

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

Mutha fuckn f**!

• October 4, 2012 at 12:01 am
    Realest says:

He summed it up “my wife is strong, classy”… Nicki, on the other hand is trashy, ghetto and unable to be a professional in the place of work #Next

• October 4, 2012 at 12:45 am
    DOSSOME says:

No amount of money can make me do a job i am not qualified for & certainly no amount of money can make me go somewhere i don’t belong…Nicki should never have signed the contract…what was she expecting sitting next to the greatest female singer/songwriter ever when she herself knows she has no talent??IDC if mariah instigated s***,nicki should just keep her mouth shut,no serious contestant wld care abt nicki’s opinion anyway…and @beyonce’s weave,mariah doesn’t have to act like celine or leona or anyone else,millions love mariah jst for being the diva she is,those who know her personally know she is amazingly beautiful both in and out…o hell i bet cher,madonna,prince,elton john,aretha & diana ross should also act down to earth like celine and leona,ryt?

• October 4, 2012 at 2:56 am
    the real xoxo says:

Nicki has lost so many fans in the past 12 months (including me).
    Mariah is a legend, she can be a diva but she doesnt pretend shes all sweet like nicki does.

nicki no tar Replied:

exactly nicki is a fake ass h** mc is real she knows she throws shade but is not bitchy with it like madonna shes funny with it

but mc is a legend nicki is a moment
    when gays n kids move on to the next moment next year no one will care 4 nicki

• October 4, 2012 at 3:22 am
    Sarah Says says:

I’m not here for Nick Cannons buffoonery. If you were supporting your wife you wouldn’t have taken part in that foolish sketch, anyone can go watch the video anywhere online if they really wanted to see it.

• October 4, 2012 at 3:38 am
    LOVE TO HATE RI says:

As a Nicki Fan I must admit that when I heard she was going to be a judge on Idol I thought nawww they cant be serious. I LOVE me some Nicki but I thought it was just too early for her to sit on the panel. If she was selected it would give me as a NICKI FAN the chance to see her more and more which I loved… Its funny how folks feel that Mariah becuase she is one of the greatest every gets a pass to be disrespectful. I am a Mariah fan to actually listening to her music now. I dont think that anyone regardless of wjo you are has the right to be rude to another. Just becuase Mariah makes more does that again mean that Nicki DOES NOT MATTER. You dont have to like Nicki but you have got to be a fool not to respect and admire the brand that she has built over a short amount of time. She is has come so far . Her branding is AMAZING and doing Idol in no way will hurt her career. As viewers we watch these shows and judge alllllll day. We think that our opinion matters and we know who was good and should win. We call in and vote for who we think is the best. WHY can’t a rapper (Nicki) , a talk show host (Ellen), a songwriter (Kara) a dancer (Paula) be a judge. They are simply giving an opinion thats all. I can’t sing to save my life but I also know when a person can’t sing or sung the hell out a song. I just wish I got paid as much for my opinion lol. I SUPPORT IDOL I SUPPORT MARIAH I SUPPORT RANDY I SUPPORT KEITH AND I SUPPORT FOX I SUPPORT RYAN AND I SUPPORT NICKI MINAJ.

LOvE N Happiness Replied:

Ain’t nobody have time to read all this s***

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

(Talkn tho clinched jaws and curled lips) b**** if u dont stfu imma break my foot off in yo shitty ass! (unclinches jaws child)

• October 4, 2012 at 3:47 am
    Arie says:

That sketch was mad funny, I did say this thou who is gonna listen to Nicki Minaj telling them they can’t sing? Mariah can say whatever she wan’t especially when it comes to contestants she has earned the right. When Nicki can sing Do Re Mi Fa So without autotune she can talk.

• October 4, 2012 at 3:49 am
    Deandre says:

Nicki wasn’t taking it Mariah deserved that destruction simple as that’

truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) Replied:

And u deserve to get the f*** kñocked outta u, h**

• October 4, 2012 at 5:22 am
    POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) says:

the whole thing is just wrong , Nicki shouldn’t be there , she’s not qualified , not talented , can’t judge and her opinion won’t be taken seriously while having songs like “A$$” in her discography and to be kown for her big prosthetic ass , Mariah carey shouldn’t involve herself , her name , her diva antics , and her reputation in such a falling show no matter how much they gonna pay her , and mr. cannon should remove himself from this script cuz he made me sure this is a publicity stunt.

• October 4, 2012 at 5:39 am
    truth(i exsist to SLAY nicki and DRAAAAGG her stans u FUNKY b****) says:

That b**** nicki at fault chile. YEA I MUTHA FUCKN SAID IF ANNNNDD WHAT BITCHSS!! HELL¡!!

• October 4, 2012 at 6:45 am
    Viciousss says:

So no one heard the executive producer of the damn show say Mariah’s camp was blowing this out of proportion and had been instigating the issue? Oh..ok.

Eye roll. I’ll believe the person making more money than all these btches combined, if he claims Mimi was starting s*** and trying to make the drama bigger than it is then end of story for me. The whole thing is fake anyway and if you don’t believe that you’re the person they’re betting on.

• October 4, 2012 at 7:08 am
    WHAT? says:

They should have put Lenny Kravitz in Nicki’s seat just like Mariah wanted! Nicki has nothing to do there it’s like Kesha judging people on their voices ! GTFO!

• October 4, 2012 at 8:45 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

I agree Lenny Kravitz would have been amazing. The combination would have been perfect. More like the banter and good feeling The Voice judges offer. Pop/R&B diva (Mariah), Keith for the people who cares about country music and a rocker (Lenny). Specially cos Lenny has such a long career too. The Nicki thing is just… well they were sure waiting for ratings (producers) and it seems they are having it for sure. Congrats :)

ps: people trying to make excuses about nicki minaj… please be real and know your place, people are working on American Idol, if you don´t know to handle yourself stay at home and don´t search for big contracts. Did she think she was talking with irrelevant rappers at her house?

• October 4, 2012 at 9:19 am
    PrettigurlrockD says:

Its not about being talented. It’s about knowing talent. Having an ear for music. I doubt nicki does but I’m pretty sure she knows a good voice like anyone does. She went to a performing arts school. I’m glad nicki screamed at mc tho. Maybe mc will shut her mouth then. Talk about an instigator. And y’all can call nicki ghetto all y’all want. But she’s from the hood. Ppl who are outspoken and assertive and black get called that. I’m pretty sure the hood rats posting comments on this site arnt any better.

• October 3, 2012 at 11:03 pm
    Hop-Scotch says:

LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Yassssssssssssss.

Read Chile, REEEEEEEAD!!!

• October 3, 2012 at 11:07 pm
    Jamilaaa says:

@Jake

Preeeeeeeach b****, PREEEEEEEACH THE WORRRD!!!
    ;)